Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #1101
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Sorry Mister Ardvark...if I'm wrong I'll give you all m'gold.

Vote AE

OOC - AE don't take offense, it's just awfully suspicious, and my offer stands, if you are clean, you got my gold and my back.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #1102
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
You see, this is why I don't believe this story...

There is 0 way for the pirates to kill all 14-15 or so of us in 5 days total time. Thats the 2 days before the letter was introduced, and 3 days with hoops being gone. So you mean to tell me that barkeep would introduce an item so powerful that it single handedly wins the game for us by day 5 regardless of all the other stuff everyone else is doing?

That either sounds like a very anti-climatic ending, or just too far fetched for me to believe..

Maybe there are more pirates than the usual ratio.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #1103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Plus 3 days waitin, means 3 dead treasure hunters, and time is always gonna be on the pirates side...we can't delay and hope for sailors...what good are sailors on land anyways (ooc - NO OFFENSE TO ANY NAVY PERSONNEL)...I think we keep weeding out the bad ones...keep digging the gold ones...and keep kicking back the cold ones...

I'm not one to be downcast, but I think Hoops is dead.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #1104
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Alright, I'm pretty poor at math. How does this add up. If he digs and starts with 6 gold, then on day 2 loses 4 that equals 2 left. Then you give him 4, that is back up to a total of 6. On night 2, path gives him 1 gold, now he is at a total of 7 gold. Then hoops gave path back a gold and he is back to 6 gold, not 10. Did I miss anything?

He did dig the second day, I believe king vouched for that. I knew I was probably missing something. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #1105
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Sorry Mister Ardvark...if I'm wrong I'll give you all m'gold.

Vote AE

OOC - AE don't take offense, it's just awfully suspicious, and my offer stands, if you are clean, you got my gold and my back.

I really tire of you calling people names, in character or not.

Vote Qwik
Old 02-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #1106
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Plus 3 days waitin, means 3 dead treasure hunters, and time is always gonna be on the pirates side...we can't delay and hope for sailors...what good are sailors on land anyways (ooc - NO OFFENSE TO ANY NAVY PERSONNEL)...I think we keep weeding out the bad ones...keep digging the gold ones...and keep kicking back the cold ones...

I'm not one to be downcast, but I think Hoops is dead.

There's no way hoops is dead, or it would be on the first post. At least, I assume it would be.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #1107
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I just don't think this makes much sense. A victory condition that allows you to just pay 10 gold and hire the navy in 3 turns to win seems way out there. There are not any conditions listed that allow the whole group of TH to win, but this letter is the silver bullet. I don't buy it. How was it communicated that it was a win. Barkeep say outright that it was a win or was it implied?

Plus, your list of bad guys is not really good. I'm 99% sure that Qwickshot is a good guy and I'm pretty sure AlanT is too, maybe 66% so.

Well, Path did find a knife. Maybe there are ways for the Pirates to have multiple kills. Got me.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #1108
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. So many different things to do...and who can trust anyone? I don't want to cast doubt, because I trust him too, but why does anyone trust Alan T? Is there anything specific he has done that would earn trust?

I'm also apparently a little suspicious to everyone, which I don't mind terribly...it might act as a partial shield from Pirate activity (whenever I've been a bad guy, I like to leave the 'suspicious' ones around, to keep heat off of myself and the rest of the bad guys).

I re-iterate, if there's anything someone can think of that I can do to earn that trust back, I'd be happy to volunteer. At this point, though, I think we have to see what is going to happen. Hoops can't be outside the tent for more than one night on the island, so he's either truly recruiting sailors, he's dead, or he's coming back tomorrow. I'm with Alan in that I don't see a benefit to keeping Ardent out of jail -- he has no gold, and seemingly no items that could help us out. Why not throw him in there? We can scan him, and if he's clean, we'll bail him out later. On top of that, I can't think of anyone else to put in there.

I think that, trust in others or not, we need to at least START to establish a plan. Right now, we're pretty disorganized, and mostly fending for ourselves (at least I have been...). If we want to get that 100 gold together, it's going to be difficult to say the least the way we have been going. I'm going to try a different tactic tomorrow, but at this point I'm not feeling very sure of our chances if we are completely erratic.

To this point, my plan has been to find the yield of as many squares as possible, hoping to find a nice, high-yield square. I know the yield of 5 squares, and have yet to be impressed by any of them. Like I said, I'm going to try something different tomorrow, we'll see if it gives me any better return.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #1109
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I really tire of you calling people names, in character or not.

Vote Qwik

OOC-Okay, if this a true complaint from even just one person, I will stop, this isn't a joke or anything...I will use handles without alteration.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #1110
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
There's no way hoops is dead, or it would be on the first post. At least, I assume it would be.

I figure after 3 days his body will turn up.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #1111
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd appreciate it. I already feel like I'm working against the crowd here. Being called names just irritates me, joke or not.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #1112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I figure after 3 days his body will turn up.
Have a little faith.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #1113
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vince I have been using the same strategy and know the total from 6 squares. None of the squares that I have digged in has produced more than 2 GP at a time.

I also agree that we need to formulate a plan or at least get a couple of individuals that can trust each other.

Has anyone used a watch command? If so, would you be willing to say who you watched and what they did?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #1114
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Someone has. At least, Qwik said he was being watched.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #1115
Vince
Pro Starter

Since I knew I wasn't going to be at the computer much for this game (stupid work schedule), I figured I'd try a different strategy...which is to not really have much of a group strategy. I usually sit here and spit out a stream of my thoughts continually, analyzing anything and everything. This time, with the added twist of having a potentially selfish goal, I've been a little more 'me-first' than in a typical game where I'm usually willing to put myself out there as long as the good guys win. In this game, I've been trying to be a bit more low profile, I haven't bothered with watching anyone, and I haven't bothered with ID-ing anyone who has been in jail (even though both times I have had the gold to do so). I'm pretty sure that a change in my strategy is in order, because it seems like I've gotten more gold in this game than most other people (at least the ones who are talking about it ), and I really don't have much gold at all. Since we need 100 gold, and I'm guessing our Monopoly is going to end up being something on the order of 4-6 people, we're all going to need about 20 gold to pull this off.

125 might be a lot for the pirates, but remember that they not only get their own gold (which they can pool on one person completely and totally easily, since they can communicate), but they get ALL the gold on the person of anyone they kill. So they also have SnDvls' gold (if he had dug at all yet on day one) and all of Saldana's gold. If they kill someone tomorrow, they also get all of HIS gold.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I should keep up my strategy of mining every square I possibly can until I find something good, or if I should try to get in touch with someone (anyone) via the messaging service (which, in my opinion, has been largely underutilized to this point, unless people just don't want to talk to me ) to organize something.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #1116
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, re-reading things, doesn't this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep
[color=green]Well I suppose that means Hoopsguy has escaped this paradise and won while all of you are stuck here. No matter.

Make it seem like Hoops gets a victory, and he pretty much isn't coming back? Perhaps Ardent misinterpreted the note?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #1117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hrm. So many different things to do...and who can trust anyone? I don't want to cast doubt, because I trust him too, but why does anyone trust Alan T? Is there anything specific he has done that would earn trust?

I'm also apparently a little suspicious to everyone, which I don't mind terribly...it might act as a partial shield from Pirate activity (whenever I've been a bad guy, I like to leave the 'suspicious' ones around, to keep heat off of myself and the rest of the bad guys).

I re-iterate, if there's anything someone can think of that I can do to earn that trust back, I'd be happy to volunteer. At this point, though, I think we have to see what is going to happen. Hoops can't be outside the tent for more than one night on the island, so he's either truly recruiting sailors, he's dead, or he's coming back tomorrow. I'm with Alan in that I don't see a benefit to keeping Ardent out of jail -- he has no gold, and seemingly no items that could help us out. Why not throw him in there? We can scan him, and if he's clean, we'll bail him out later. On top of that, I can't think of anyone else to put in there.

I think that, trust in others or not, we need to at least START to establish a plan. Right now, we're pretty disorganized, and mostly fending for ourselves (at least I have been...). If we want to get that 100 gold together, it's going to be difficult to say the least the way we have been going. I'm going to try a different tactic tomorrow, but at this point I'm not feeling very sure of our chances if we are completely erratic.

To this point, my plan has been to find the yield of as many squares as possible, hoping to find a nice, high-yield square. I know the yield of 5 squares, and have yet to be impressed by any of them. Like I said, I'm going to try something different tomorrow, we'll see if it gives me any better return.

Just for the record, I'm not asking for people to trust me blindly. I don't really have full trust in anyone yet. What I do ask is you listen to my reasons for jailing Ardent, and if you have a better alternative, present it. Right now based on what Ardent says, I don't see any reason not to do my approach.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #1118
Vince
Pro Starter

I know -- like I said, I'm not trying to rouse suspicion, it's just that there are a few of us who seem to have you right up at the top of the list right now (taking Hoops' spot, probably) and I want to keep the discussion flowing. The 'why' of our trust in you might help in building more.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #1119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I know -- like I said, I'm not trying to rouse suspicion, it's just that there are a few of us who seem to have you right up at the top of the list right now (taking Hoops' spot, probably) and I want to keep the discussion flowing. The 'why' of our trust in you might help in building more.

Im guessing its mainly because so far I've been confirmed away from the deaths every day, I pressed hard against Blade, and I've tried to be open with my actions. However I don't fully trust anyone yet, and would expect the same of me from others.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #1120
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Vince I have been using the same strategy and know the total from 6 squares. None of the squares that I have digged in has produced more than 2 GP at a time.

I also agree that we need to formulate a plan or at least get a couple of individuals that can trust each other.

Has anyone used a watch command? If so, would you be willing to say who you watched and what they did?

I have found two squares that produced more than 2 gold per dig.

And I also agree that the trick right now is finding which of us is trustworthy. I can think of a group of four or five of us that I would feel pretty good about, but in this game more than most it seems like one bad guess can really hurt....and there very well could be a bad guess in that group. But we're gonna have to get there soon.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #1121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I have found two squares that produced more than 2 gold per dig.

And I also agree that the trick right now is finding which of us is trustworthy. I can think of a group of four or five of us that I would feel pretty good about, but in this game more than most it seems like one bad guess can really hurt....and there very well could be a bad guess in that group. But we're gonna have to get there soon.

Ive been trying to think of how to do this. If we can get a small group of 4-5 who seem trustworthy with enough money to form a monopoly we can try, then 1 of 2 things might happen..

1) Its denied because someone in our ranks is a pirate
2) someone dies and we dont have enough money.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #1122
kingfc22
Head Coach

As soon as Barkeep comes in, I will imploy my new strategy. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #1123
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vince - where did you get that quote about hoops from?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #1124
Poli
FOFC Survivor

He got it from barkeep's last post.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #1125
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
He got it from barkeep's last post.
Thanks, totally misread that post.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #1126
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really hate the 2300-1100 watch.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #1127
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Has blade really only posted once all day?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #1128
kingfc22
Head Coach

VOTE AE

I hope you are not bad, but this will either clear you or we will have our 2nd Pirate in jail.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #1129
Poli
FOFC Survivor

/shakes head.

You guys don't get it. I should have just kept the letter to myself and let the pirates pick you off one by one.

I'm gong to my hole. I'm quitting this game.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #1130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My PM is sent. I'm out of this game. I'd say it's been fun, but it hasn't.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #1131
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
/shakes head.

You guys don't get it. I should have just kept the letter to myself and let the pirates pick you off one by one.

I'm gong to my hole. I'm quitting this game.
Ok here is what the rest of us are thinking:

1) Something about your day 1 story did not add up.
2) You are a pirate and that's good for the TH that you are in jail.
3) You are a TH and will be cleared which will make you the most trusted since Hoops is gone.
4) We have no evidence against anyone else.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #1132
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
My PM is sent. I'm out of this game. I'd say it's been fun, but it hasn't.
Ugh, why do people even sign up for WW games if they are just going to quit.

Everyone who has played one of these games has been a villager in the cross hairs and there is nothing you can do about it, but to try and make a case against someone else. If it is believable then people change their vote. Right now most of us don't see a better option.

And it's not like other games where you are dead. In this game you are in a perfect spot. The Pirates aren't going to kill you since you are under suspicion. You will be in jail for a single day if the evidence shows you are a TH. If you are revealed as a TH, you will be the most trusted person remaining in the game.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #1133
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

With Saldana's death, I wonder if the pirate with the knife is patrolling the bank square, knowing that eventually a treasure hunter will enter it wanting to go to the bank.

Maybe we can jail hoops and the police will bring him back. (for those that think he is being converted)

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #1134
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
With Saldana's death, I wonder if the pirate with the knife is patrolling the bank square, knowing that eventually a treasure hunter will enter it wanting to go to the bank.

Maybe we can jail hoops and the police will bring him back. (for those that think he is being converted)
I've been thinking this for some time now, but did not think it the best thing to post, cause if it were not the case then now it probably is
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 AM   #1135
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've been thinking this for some time now, but did not think it the best thing to post, cause if it were not the case then now it probably is

Doh!

However, if the pirate with the knife is camping at the bank then the treasure hunters can now dig safely without ever having to worry about being killed while digging.

Maybe use a hide command when entering the square or after you finish your banking.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:32 AM   #1136
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

For those of you who are TH, you probably should be hitting mountain squares or river/mountain squares. The blank squares and squares close to the hut seem to be low yield.

I'm thinking monopoly is a thing to be thinking about now, as Vince is on that track as well. How do we start to estimate if we have enough gold. How do you guys feel about if someone announces their gold and we watch them each turn to see who tries to kill them? The watcher should be able to keep watching the person each turn, but the person being watched will know it after one turn and attempt to automatically hide. If you state you do not want to hide, maybe you can avoid that. Any thoughts on that?

Regarding the bank, how about we go to the bank together. Apparently you will see whoever else is on that square or in the bank (if you are in a location (Elle's, bank, etc), you know who else was too). That way we can likely see who may be watching the bank.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #1137
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I don't think you are 100% guaranteed in seeing everyone in the same square as you. Schmidty said he saw me and Vince in the Ellie square but I only saw Schmidty there.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:51 AM   #1138
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't think you are 100% guaranteed in seeing everyone in the same square as you. Schmidty said he saw me and Vince in the Ellie square but I only saw Schmidty there.
Barkeep said that if you are in a specific location like Elle's, you will know who else was in there too, but not necessarily in the entire square of D3. So if you both go into Elle's you should both get a post that says you saw each other there. Otherwise it is not a given. But, if you and I both move to Elle's square and you are watching me then you will see me for sure. Now if we do not go into Elle's and I get killed while in that square, you should be able to see it happen and see who did it since you were watching me, right?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:24 AM   #1139
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Barkeep said that if you are in a specific location like Elle's, you will know who else was in there too, but not necessarily in the entire square of D3. So if you both go into Elle's you should both get a post that says you saw each other there. Otherwise it is not a given. But, if you and I both move to Elle's square and you are watching me then you will see me for sure. Now if we do not go into Elle's and I get killed while in that square, you should be able to see it happen and see who did it since you were watching me, right?

Do you know where Barkeep mentions being able to someone in a specific location? I can't seem to find it in the rules.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #1140
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Ugh, the above should say 'see somone'.

Quote:
I'm thinking monopoly is a thing to be thinking about now, as Vince is on that track as well. How do we start to estimate if we have enough gold. How do you guys feel about if someone announces their gold and we watch them each turn to see who tries to kill them? The watcher should be able to keep watching the person each turn, but the person being watched will know it after one turn and attempt to automatically hide. If you state you do not want to hide, maybe you can avoid that. Any thoughts on that?

I guess it could it work but I would ask Barkeep to see if someone can cancel the automatic hide.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:18 AM   #1141
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

A couple of posts that may assist in some of the current questions or speculation.

Post 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
There is a set amount and a set rate for each square. So the set rate for that square will be in effect until the amount runs out. Most squares have an even conversion, for instance if the rate is 2 GP per Dig it'll have an even number as the amount, though some do not. Some squares have a lot, others not so much.

The original rules state that “A repeated dig may or may not result in more gold, though all digs on a particular square will result in the same amount of gold”. If you hit a different amount on repeated digs, once the amount changes, the next amount should be zero as that is the odd amount. If a square has 16 gold and a rate of 5 per dig. You would get the following 5-5-5-1- then zero if you keep digging and the square is empty for the rest of the game.

post 113
Quote:
Pirates can only kill during the Morning Cycle. Killing costs 1 AP and while 5 kill actions are theoretically possible, they are unlikely due to the high probability that someone would witness one of them, without them even having to use the watch action.

Evening cycle is where you vote out players and bid on fabulous items.

So, if we have someone watching a person and there are multiple people staying in that square, the pirate is probably going to get caught if he tries to kill. Basically trying to kill on your first AP in D4, means everyone is in the same square and can see you. If the target is being watched, that sounds like an automatic witness by the watcher.

post 76 (i think)
Quote:
In Morning til tomorrow night.

You need not allocate any AP to walking back, it's built in. At the end of the 5 AP, in other words, you will automatically return to the hut, unless another condition prevails There will be 1 other way besides camping out that a player will not return at night, but that will be revealed later via an auction.

This post indicates there is another way to not come back to the hut other than camping, such as going to the Seaport (that was in an auction). This lends credence to AE’s story. Too bad he quit. I wonder what happens to your gold when you quit or maybe AE was out of gold.

Also, if gold is banked and the person who owns the account is killed, but did not have a will, who gets the gold? Obviously it is not on the body for the pirate to take it.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #1142
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to be out most of the day and night, so I guess I'll just go the obvious route since he is suspicious and he quit.

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:59 AM   #1143
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Alright, I'm pretty poor at math. How does this add up. If he digs and starts with 6 gold, then on day 2 loses 4 that equals 2 left. Then you give him 4, that is back up to a total of 6. On night 2, path gives him 1 gold, now he is at a total of 7 gold. Then hoops gave path back a gold and he is back to 6 gold, not 10. Did I miss anything?

Sorry guys, I hadn't signed in for awhile.

This is the first thing that jumped out at me as well. I'm sorry AE, but your story just doesn't add up. I know you seem to be trying to help us out from your stories, but without proof, I just don't think we can take that chance. At this point, like I posted earlier, we don't really have alot of evidence to go on, and with your Day 1 moves followed by this 'evidence' (which doesn't add up), you are at the top of my suspicion list. I saw that you quit the game, I would urge you to stay around, I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but thats just part of the game.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #1144
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 02-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #1145
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Has blade really only posted once all day?
While barkeep never told me i couldnt talk more, i have assumed jail=keep quiet...and even if i didnt im dont exactly care if the THs are losing the game anymore...do i think lynching you is smart, no...but i didnt think lynching me or voting for raiders was smart
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #1146
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
While barkeep never told me i couldnt talk more, i have assumed jail=keep quiet...and even if i didnt im dont exactly care if the THs are losing the game anymore...do i think lynching you is smart, no...but i didnt think lynching me or voting for raiders was smart
This is copied from the rules post

Evening Cycle:

During the evening players adjourn to the hut provided by Blahoop. Any player who is not at the hut for two consecutive Evening Cycles, will die. As the players will know that some among them are pirates, who will stop at nothing to capture all the gold for themselves even through illicit means, unlike the treasure hunters who would NEVER use illicit means (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*).

All players will vote for a player who is to be arrested by the Blahoopian police on suspicion of being a pirate and murderer. The player with the most votes will be arrested and taken to jail. A tie will create confusion among the police (they’re simple island folk after all) and result in no arrest. While a player is in jail they may not vote or communicate with the rest of the players, but may be sprung from jail with a bribe.
No information about a player’s role is revealed when they are jailed. All of that player’s clothing and gold will be stored in the evidence room. Since it is evidence any gold the player is carrying when he is arrested CANNOT be used for bail. However, all property is returned to a player if they are bailed out.

Votes should be the last part of a post and be in bold
end of post from rules

If you want to communicate you are supposted to buy the "if anything should ever happen service" and Barkeep posts it for you.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #1147
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So, if we have someone watching a person and there are multiple people staying in that square, the pirate is probably going to get caught if he tries to kill. Basically trying to kill on your first AP in D4, means everyone is in the same square and can see you. If the target is being watched, that sounds like an automatic witness by the watcher.

Yes, I was working under the assumption that the earliest the pirates would kill would be AP 2, since AP 1 would be used by everyone to move from D4. I wonder if we can issue an AP 1: Stay in D4 command?

Quote:
Also, if gold is banked and the person who owns the account is killed, but did not have a will, who gets the gold? Obviously it is not on the body for the pirate to take it.

I would expect the gold disappears/bank takes it.

Since there's nothing else to go on.

VOTE ARDENT

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #1148
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes, I was working under the assumption that the earliest the pirates would kill would be AP 2, since AP 1 would be used by everyone to move from D4. I wonder if we can issue an AP 1: Stay in D4 command?
Well, we could move as a team square by square and we could choose to just stay in D4 each turn watching each other. Either way, it makes it near impossible for the pirates to kill without being caught. If we communicate together and determine we have enough gold to achieve monopoly, we can move to the bank as a group and deposit and watch each other. Or we can just sit and watch or whatever other version of that strategy we want. It is a start or an idea to build off.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:56 PM   #1149
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Ugh, why do people even sign up for WW games if they are just going to quit.

Everyone who has played one of these games has been a villager in the cross hairs and there is nothing you can do about it, but to try and make a case against someone else. If it is believable then people change their vote. Right now most of us don't see a better option.

And it's not like other games where you are dead. In this game you are in a perfect spot. The Pirates aren't going to kill you since you are under suspicion. You will be in jail for a single day if the evidence shows you are a TH. If you are revealed as a TH, you will be the most trusted person remaining in the game.

I couldn't agree more....this taking my ball and going home shit gets very old.

And these long deadlines really drag things down. I really don't know that Ardent is the best choice, but I don't have anything better than a hunch for anyone else at this point, and I really fear the worst with hoops, and frankly, if he wants to quit so bad I might as well help with the tossing.

VOTE ARDENT
Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #1150
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, we could move as a team square by square and we could choose to just stay in D4 each turn watching each other. Either way, it makes it near impossible for the pirates to kill without being caught. If we communicate together and determine we have enough gold to achieve monopoly, we can move to the bank as a group and deposit and watch each other. Or we can just sit and watch or whatever other version of that strategy we want. It is a start or an idea to build off.

This is a very interesting idea. I want to mull it over a little bit. And I agree with what Gram said earlier -- rivers and mountains are whar that gold lies, boys.