Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #1101
saldana
Pro Starter

god damn it, we just gave the Ninja back the save we got last night.

we just spent the entire day to learn absolutly nothing.

honorable Kurosawa is going back to the bar.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #1102
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well that's a bit of a let down.

Should be an interesting night and morning.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #1103
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Being my first WW game, I don't even have anything to base it off of, so I couldn't really say what roles could even come into play, which is why I am most intrigued
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #1104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and that kids, is why a tie is a bad thing.

a major win for the ninja's.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #1105
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
It is not I that have granted them their lives, but instead the collective samurai of this village."

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Edit: Never mind, I read it wrong. It seems fairly straightforward.

Edit x2: Well, straightforwarder. Hmm.... Still not sure I guess. lol

Last edited by tanglewood : 01-31-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #1106
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
exactly what i was looking at...seems odd...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 PM   #1107
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i really wonder whos going down...My blind ass, someone off the radar, tangle or lathum for fun

If those were the choices I'd bet someone off the radar. You're done and Tanglewood and Lathum are both lynch candidates.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 PM   #1108
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

Not so certain it was a win. Blade is right.. chuck said he was saving the collective Samurai of the village which is an odd statement.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 PM   #1109
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Edit: Never mind, I read it wrong. It seems fairly straightforward.

Edit x2: Well, straightforwarder. Hmm.... Still not sure I guess. lol

It looks pretty straightforward to me. But I gravitate towards the obvious.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #1110
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
exactly what i was looking at...seems odd...
I think it means we have no tie breaker or if someone did have the option they chose not to which is an odd play IMO.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #1111
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
It looks pretty straightforward to me. But I gravitate towards the obvious.

And what do you gain from the statement?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #1112
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Not so certain it was a win. Blade is right.. chuck said he was saving the collective Samurai of the village which is an odd statement.
Mustang-san, Chuck said that the collective samurai saved lathum and tanglewood, not Chuck saving the samurai.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #1113
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
No, Chuck is said that he did not save anyone, the collective Samurai did by not voting for someone with a majority. It is a win for the Ninja because every day where a lynch does not occur, the Ninja percentage of winning the game goes up.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #1114
kingfc22
Head Coach

Okay, I'm off to watch my Tivo. Tomorrow I will be here in the afternoon, but not at night since I am working a closing shift.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #1115
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Mustang-san, Chuck said that the collective samurai saved lathum and tanglewood, not Chuck saving the samurai.

Ahhh... yes, that would make sense.

From that, I would gather there is absolutely no tiebreaker.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #1116
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm not sure:

"It is not I that have granted them their lives, but instead the collective samurai of this village."

Could simply mean that it is not Chuck Norris who has spared us, but the collective samurai (by voting a tie) who have inadvartently spared us both.

OR

It is not our lives we have been spared, but the Samurai of this village. However, if it is this second meaning it is worded very oddly.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #1117
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And what do you gain from the statement?

That the collective samurai have saved them by not making a clear choice. So no tiebreak.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:28 PM   #1118
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It is not our lives we have been spared, but the Samurai of this village. However, if it is this second meaning it is worded very oddly.

Both make sense. If it was the 2nd, I could take from that that both of you are innocent and that in getting a tie, we spared both of you (and ourselves) from an innocent loss.

Now.. granted.. that is possibly an extreme interpretation...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #1119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think chuck's statment mearly meant that he collective votes of the village saved our lives. I wouldn't read to much into that statment
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #1120
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Again, this sucks. I was almost looking forward to dying and proving myself a samurai and helping the village with info.

Lynch candidates for tommorow: Me & Lathum again obviously, Gramm for going against the consensus (although his position looks a lot better now than it did when he did it).

Ninja kill candidates? I don't think any of the above will be killed, why would the ninjas bother? Blade, perhaps, as he is pretty much a lock as samurai and them killing a confirmed good guy is more valuable than a non-confirmed one. However they will feel Blade's role as bodyguard now being gone means they can continue to hunt for other roles without having to worry about him.

Other thoughts: When was the last ime Qwik posted? He has been quite quiet and I thought he was usually fairly active in WW threads?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #1121
Blade6119
Coordinator

I still think mustang is my pick for tomorrow, but thats just me...note that everyone before i die(possible)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #1122
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Lynch candidates for tommorow: Me & Lathum again obviously, Gramm for going against the consensus (although his position looks a lot better now than it did when he did it).

I think it would have to be either you or Lathum has to go tomorrow. Either of you goes it is more revealing about the rest of us (including myself and Gramm)
Old 01-31-2006, 11:44 PM   #1123
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Again, this sucks. I was almost looking forward to dying and proving myself a samurai and helping the village with info.

Ninja kill candidates? I don't think any of the above will be killed, why would the ninjas bother? Blade, perhaps, as he is pretty much a lock as samurai and them killing a confirmed good guy is more valuable than a non-confirmed one. However they will feel Blade's role as bodyguard now being gone means they can continue to hunt for other roles without having to worry about him.

Other thoughts: When was the last ime Qwik posted? He has been quite quiet and I thought he was usually fairly active in WW threads?
It is interesting that you left AlanT off this list of lynch candidates. He is the swing vote that caused a tie that resulted in a setback for the Samurai and he was on the Fozzie vote with you Tanglewood. He also just saved you from getting lynched. Very convenient to leave him off your lynch list. Almost like a great big thank you.

I think you are including me in your lynch list in hopes to get some traction there and move the focus from yourself. Last I saw there was no big consensus to create a tie, just a bunch of people who did not want to make a move and decided to let things stand. You may have had 3 or 4 people who vocalized a desire for a tie, if that many.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 PM   #1124
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still think mustang is my pick for tomorrow, but thats just me...note that everyone before i die(possible)

Not sure I follow why... killing me tomorrow proves nothing especially when you find out I'm a Samurai. Then you'll really have a wasted day again. You still have the unknown with Lathum and Tangle and Gramm. Best cause for us Samurai is that one of them is a Ninja, particularly Tangle and that would go a ways in clearing both me and Gramm.

Unless you think I'm a Ninja and that ballsy in possibly attempting to have another party member killed by forcing a tie.

Last edited by Mustang : 01-31-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:49 PM   #1125
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure I follow why... killing me tomorrow proves nothing especially when you find out I'm a Samurai. Then you'll really have a wasted day again. You still have the unknown with Lathum and Tangle and Gramm. Best cause for us Samurai is that one of them is a Ninja, particularly Tangle and that would go a ways in clearing both me and Gramm.

Unless you think I'm a Ninja and that ballsy in possibly attempting to have another party member killed...
becuase i still think both of the two on the block today were samurai...i think the tie was good, as while we didnt kill a ninja we didnt kill a villager...we hurt the ninjas with that, as their goal is to get 1-1..in my mind, lynching either would put us down a villager and make the ninjas that much closer. We have gone through 3 villager killing phases and we has lost 1 villager...i think thats damn good
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #1126
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
becuase i still think both of the two on the block today were samurai...i think the tie was good, as while we didnt kill a ninja we didnt kill a villager...

Exactly it was good for the villagers as no one was lost.

Well then, if you think I'm a ninja and both of them were Samurai, why would I want to force a tie then? Forcing a tie gives the Ninja a 50/50 chance that no one will die.

If I'm a Ninja, I sit back and just let Lathum or Tangle die. There is no benefit in a Ninja keeping known villagers around.

If you are a Ninja, you whittle the numbers as quick as possible... not hope to whittle the numbers.

Last edited by Mustang : 01-31-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #1127
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm not sure how anyone can know before hand that there were no tiebreakers, but it looks like i unfortunatly tied myself to tanglewood (who i had actually voted for earlier) by doing this. I guess now I better hope tanglewood ends up being a samurai, or I am toast too.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:55 PM   #1128
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Exactly it was good for the villagers as no one was lost.

Well then, if you think I'm a ninja and both of them were Samurai, why would I want to force a tie then? Forcing a tie gives the Ninja a 50/50 chance that no one will die.

If I'm a Ninja, I sit back and just let Lathum or Tangle die. There is no benefit in a Ninja keeping known villagers around.

If you are a Ninja, you whittle the numbers as quick as possible... not hope to whittle the numbers.
If your a ninja you assume there is a tie-breaker like the rest of us
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #1129
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If your a ninja you assume there is a tie-breaker like the rest of us

Assumption. If both were Samurai, why even risk the potential of there not being a tiebreaker.

Last edited by Mustang : 01-31-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:59 PM   #1130
Blade6119
Coordinator

ONE LAST THOUGHT ON THE TIE:

IN PAST GAMES THE TIE-BREAKER MERELY MEANT THE TIE-BREAKERS VOTE COUNTED FOR TWO...ITS POSSIBLE WE HAVE ONE, BUT HE DIDNT NOT VOTE FOR TANGLE OR LATHUM...THERE FOR WE COULD STILL HAVE A TIE-BREAKER THAT DIDNT COME INTO EFFECT HERE...JUST A THOUGHT
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 11:59 PM   #1131
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Assumption. If both were Samurai, why even risk the potential of there not being a tiebreaker.
I have never been in a game where there was not some form of tie-breaker...hence why im inclined to believe what i posted just now one above this
Demotivation
Old 02-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #1132
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
It is interesting that you left AlanT off this list of lynch candidates. He is the swing vote that caused a tie that resulted in a setback for the Samurai and he was on the Fozzie vote with you Tanglewood. He also just saved you from getting lynched. Very convenient to leave him off your lynch list. Almost like a great big thank you.

I think you are including me in your lynch list in hopes to get some traction there and move the focus from yourself. Last I saw there was no big consensus to create a tie, just a bunch of people who did not want to make a move and decided to let things stand. You may have had 3 or 4 people who vocalized a desire for a tie, if that many.

True, I forgot about Alan T, he didn't cross my mind when creating the list. I guess one could add him as a possible lynch candidate but I see what he did more as following the consensus village position than any personal motive. Just look at the immediate reactions to his vote switch, most everyone in the thread seemed relieved. There were 12/13 in the thread at the time IIRC and off the top of my head 4 or 5 replied seeming relieved. Presumably if the others wanted someting else they would either switch votes or at least state their position.

So, if we take the creation of a tie via consensus as given (obviously you disagree, but if anyone had any objections they were not voiced), then what you did on the other hand was very much against the consensus village position, therefore more notable than Alan T following it, therefore more worthy of being noted in a possible lynch list. Add in the general actions and demeanour of dubb and I think it creates an interesting situation.

I am borderline considering voluenteering to be lynched tommorow, provided nothing unusual happens during the night. It was to me Gramm switched his vote so, if both me and Lathum are samurai, it would provide more info if I were to die than Lathum (thouh if Lathum were lynched it could be infered, but not explicit). However, this would be guarenteeing a samurai death tommorow, which is never a good thing, and it would be more valuable to go hunting real ninja as opposed to finding out what the frig happened the previous day.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #1133
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
if i thought voting for you would have mattered i would have, but one of those two were going down and i wanted a tie-breaker so we could clear a villager(the tiebreaker)...if i didnt think one was coming, i would have stuck on you
Demotivation
Old 02-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #1134
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
if i thought voting for you would have mattered i would have, but one of those two were going down and i wanted a tie-breaker so we could clear a villager(the tiebreaker)...if i didnt think one was coming, i would have stuck on you

I'm talking about me voting. Not you.

You think I'm a ninja and the others are Samurai so, why would I (not you) risk a potential tiebreaker where no Samurai would die?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #1135
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm talking about me voting. Not you.

You think I'm a ninja and the others are Samurai so, why would I (not you) risk a potential tiebreaker where no Samurai would die?
becuase if i was a ninja i would still be 99.9 % sure there was a tie-breaker(i have no idea how a ninja could have known), and therefore your vote looks villagerish, and the tie breaker makes sure either lathum or tangle dies...the wolves never have the tie-breaker, so up until hoops posted lynch results every wolf thought a tie would be broken
Demotivation
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #1136
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point I am going to bed. Will post night actions tomorrow morning when I have them. And we can then hammer out the most equitable time to end Day 3.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #1137
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
becuase if i was a ninja i would still be 99.9 % sure there was a tie-breaker

2 choices.

Door #1 - 100% certain you will get a million dollars.

Door #2 - 99.9% cetain you will get a million dollars
- .1% chance you get nothing

Which door do you take?

Ya sure, I get your point.. you think that in my eyes I have nothing to lose, there just has to be a tiebreaker.

Sorry but, in my eyes, If I'm a Ninja, I'm already on the chopping block, I give absolutely nothing to chance and I go with the known.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #1138
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
ONE LAST THOUGHT ON THE TIE:

IN PAST GAMES THE TIE-BREAKER MERELY MEANT THE TIE-BREAKERS VOTE COUNTED FOR TWO...ITS POSSIBLE WE HAVE ONE, BUT HE DIDNT NOT VOTE FOR TANGLE OR LATHUM...THERE FOR WE COULD STILL HAVE A TIE-BREAKER THAT DIDNT COME INTO EFFECT HERE...JUST A THOUGHT
This is definately possible. Although my moving the vote off a tie, gave the potential tie breaker person who would have been sitting on another candidate the opportunity to move to Lathum and re-make a tie, using their role to create a situation that clears them.

Couple of things. One bad guys have tie breaker roles too (in past games). Two, the potential tie-breaker was not on the board at the time (was everyone who did not have a vote on Tangle or Lathum online at vote deadline?) Or Three, the potential tie breaker person did not want to out themselves and kept their vote on a third person. Of course their is the possibility that there is simply no tie breaker role.

It could have gone either way, in this case going for the tie caused a setback. Good thing is it is early in the game and we can rebound.

Blade and Mustang, when you say it was good because a Samurai did not die, that does not make sense. If that was the case, don't lynch anyone unless you are sure and see if that strategy ever garners a win for the Samurai. Bottom line is, over the long run no lynch = net gain for the Ninja.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 AM   #1139
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Blade and Mustang, when you say it was good because a Samurai did not die, that does not make sense. If that was the case, don't lynch anyone unless you are sure and see if that strategy ever garners a win for the Samurai. Bottom line is, over the long run no lynch = net gain for the Ninja.

Blade is under the assumption that both are innocent so, it was a good thing neither died... I am of the opinion that it is better that an innocent didn't die.

Best case - Ninja dead, Neutral - No one, Bad - Samurai dies.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #1140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am off to bed.
I have to work during the day tomorrow and then have a doctors appointment after work so I won't be around much. Please don't take my silence the wrong way. I am leaning towards AlanT right now, he has tried to spread the suspiscion around and Saldana made some good points about him.

That is assuming I am still alive.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #1141
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
True, I forgot about Alan T, he didn't cross my mind when creating the list. I guess one could add him as a possible lynch candidate but I see what he did more as following the consensus village position than any personal motive. Just look at the immediate reactions to his vote switch, most everyone in the thread seemed relieved. There were 12/13 in the thread at the time IIRC and off the top of my head 4 or 5 replied seeming relieved. Presumably if the others wanted someting else they would either switch votes or at least state their position.

For reference, I checked. After my vote change Blade expressed dissappointment (2 times), he obviously wanted a tie. Alan switched his vote and said it was to counter my vote change, indicating he wanted a tie or wanted to protect you. Mustang indicated he would have switched if he could, indicating he wanted a tie. Then you thanked AlanT for moving it back to a tie, which really indicates you just wanted to survive, no real feelings on a tie for the sake of a tie. So that sums up to 3 people expressing a desire for a tie (Blade, Alan and Mustang, not counting you cause it saved you). No one else expressed tie support. As I said before, most people don't want to put themselves out there and commit one way or the other. Don't fool yourself thinking there was a big consensus for a tie.

I've played the tie game before, most people don't want it and will not be vocal about it, just in case it works. Now that you are on the short end of it, you are trying to sugar coat it.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #1142
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Blade is under the assumption that both are innocent so, it was a good thing neither died... I am of the opinion that it is better that an innocent didn't die.

Best case - Ninja dead, Neutral - No one, Bad - Samurai dies.

Don't fool yourself or anyone else. A tie that results in no lynch is not good, unless a player uses a special ability to save a Samurai (that did not happen). If that were the case, we would not have lynched anyone on day one under the premise of "hey, no good guys died, whoopee, we are doing good". Repeat that tomorrow, etc.

You cannot kill a Ninja unless you try. If that does not make sense, then nothing will.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #1143
Desnudo
Coordinator

We are in the same boat tomorrow as we were today, except that a samurai will probably die tonight now that blade can no longer protect anyone. A tie where no one dies is not a good thing.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 AM   #1144
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Off to bed. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:15 AM   #1145
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
For reference, I checked. After my vote change Blade expressed dissappointment (2 times), he obviously wanted a tie. Alan switched his vote and said it was to counter my vote change, indicating he wanted a tie or wanted to protect you. Mustang indicated he would have switched if he could, indicating he wanted a tie. Then you thanked AlanT for moving it back to a tie, which really indicates you just wanted to survive, no real feelings on a tie for the sake of a tie. So that sums up to 3 people expressing a desire for a tie (Blade, Alan and Mustang, not counting you cause it saved you). No one else expressed tie support. As I said before, most people don't want to put themselves out there and commit one way or the other. Don't fool yourself thinking there was a big consensus for a tie.

I've played the tie game before, most people don't want it and will not be vocal about it, just in case it works. Now that you are on the short end of it, you are trying to sugar coat it.

The tie gambit made sense, since it was reasonable to assume that a tiebreaker would occur. Obviously in hindsight, it was not a good move, but I understand why people did it.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #1146
saldana
Pro Starter

honorable Kurosawa agrees totally with the statements on Grammaticus-san regarding that this fiasco was not beneficial to our noble cause. we have made no progress towards our goal of eliminating the Ninja, and they have eliminated our bodyguard, and will eliminate one of us tonight. i thought the tie was a bad idea, but unfortunately could not be on the board at the deadline to break it by moving my vote, despite the risk to myself in doing so (stupid job)

Alant-san's actions add even more suspicion on my part to his already substantial Ninja profile. If I am dead in the morning, I cannot stress enough my belief that his is Ninja.

also, I fear for all of your safety when Shogun Norris-sama sees how many of you have insulted him by not paying him the respect he deserves when referring to his esteemed self.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:34 AM   #1147
Coder
College Prospect

Oh boy.. is Chuck a ninja?

Seriously, I'm going to look deeper into this later.. haven't had time to read everything but I have a meeting I need to go to.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #1148
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
and that kids, is why a tie is a bad thing.

A win for the ninjas if one of theirs was on the block. A win for the village if only a samurai would have lost his life.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:18 AM   #1149
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Jack Bauer would have shot both of them...

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:20 AM   #1150
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
A win for the ninjas if one of theirs was on the block. A win for the village if only a samurai would have lost his life.

It's still a win for the ninja no matter what, since they already know who's who.. we're still in the dark.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote