Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #1101
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sometimes the Dutch scare me.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #1102
Buccaneer
Head Coach

That was posted earlier and it's still hilarious.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #1103
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, looking at Maximum Football stuff on Youtube led me to this guy, who I don't know if he plays Maximum Football. He probably should. And I can't get it out of my head now.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 AM   #1104
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Last edited by Shkspr : 12-17-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #1105
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

That's one of the best trailers I've ever seen.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 AM   #1106
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

WrestleMania 21 commercials. WRESTLEMANIA GOES HOLLYWOOD!

Booker T and Eddie Guerrero in Pulp Fiction

Linda McMahon, Christy Hemme, and Kurt Angle in When Harry Met Sally

Christian, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Stacey Kiebler, Fabulous Moolah, and Mae Young in Basic Instinct. Christian kicks ass. Hahaha.

John Cena and John Bradshaw Leyfield in A Few Good Men

Triple H and Ric Flair in Braveheart

The Undertaker in Dirty Harry

Various WWE Stars in Taxi Driver

Stone Cold Steve Austin in Gladiator

Eugene and William Regal in Forrest Gump

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 12-17-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 AM   #1107
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And the outtakes!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #1108
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post

&nbsp

The bear just might have a little Pumpy in him.
This is pretty much the most awesome thing in the history of history. I did play the part of the bear in this video, by the way.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #1109
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post

&nbsp

The bear just might have a little Pumpy in him.
This is pretty much the most awesome thing in the history of history. I did play the part of the bear in this video, by the way.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #1110
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

He's just a regular, everyday, normal guy...

nsfw due to foul language

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #1111
Atocep
Coordinator

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #1112
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Can't stop listening to this right now for some reason, I am just in the mood for gibberish.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #1113
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I want to laugh my ass off and smack her at the same time. So funny though...

Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #1114
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

This one is all about the audio. Some guy is telling a story about how nice Bobby Petrino (new head football coach at Arkansas) is. The interviewer has some nice words for this guy about 1:15 in. I don't want to spoil anything at all. Just listen to the audio.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #1115
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

nice comment by the interviewer. I almost expected him to start working in Vick for a second as well.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #1116
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
This one is all about the audio. Some guy is telling a story about how nice Bobby Petrino (new head football coach at Arkansas) is. The interviewer has some nice words for this guy about 1:15 in. I don't want to spoil anything at all. Just listen to the audio.

I expected some comment about Petrino being a coward, or something like that. My jaw hit the floor when I heard what was actually said.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #1117
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:

DUDE!!!!!

Almost the..
"hey O.J. Did you kill Bill Walsh?"
"Excuse me?"
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #1118
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
This is a clip showing Quincy IL Blue Devil basketball pregame. I lived in Quincy for quite a few years and going to watch these games was so special. Took my son back there last year and he said it was the best sporting event he had ever attended (we've been to baseball, hockey, football, wrestling andplenty of hs basketball, football. This vid doesn't do it justice but it's still cool...This is a town of roughly 40,000 who just go crazy over hs bb. There are typically 4000+ at the games. Season tickets are passed down through generations, etc. Team was number one nationally in 1981 and have several state championships. Some coaches throughout the years have refused to allow their kids on the floor for the devil "stuff" because it is so intimidating. I live about 2 hrs away in Springfield...my ex wife worked for the school district here and was told that they don't like to go to Quincy because of the intimidation. I remember one year where an arch rival coach (Duncan Reid of Rock Island) took his players back to the locker room and had little kids run out on the court for his teams introduction. Crazy stuff...hope you enjoy.

Uhhh.....what is so intimidating about a dude with no shirt walking around with a torch to corny music?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #1119
cuervo72
Head Coach

Alex Gaudino ft. Crystal Waters - Destination Unknown

Best. Marching. Band. EVER.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #1120
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:

Adblock

hahaha that's craig o'neil. we have been laughing about this incident on our message boards here since it happened. good stuff. you have to wonder what the hell he was thinking.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #1121
MJ4H
Coordinator

Another Wii hack video, but the coolest one yet, by far.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #1122
Radii
Head Coach

Wow that Wii video is extremely cool
Old 12-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #1123
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

When common hand gestures go wrong.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #1124
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Oh crap, that was funny as hell!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #1125
samifan24
Pro Starter

You know I've been looking for that Dunkin Donuts ad from a few years back where the CEO says he likes to stick it to the man and later realizes that he is the man but I haven't been able to find it on Youtube.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #1126
Easy Mac

Thank you deadspin

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #1127
Lorena
Unregistered

One of my favorite Dave Chappelle sketches

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #1128
thesloppy
Pro Starter

thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:22 AM   #1129
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I swear to God this is the greatest video on the internet:

So many questions....

Is that a particle board bookcase?

Does Glenn Danzig actually own a shirt?

Is that torch light? For your three foot tall library?

...there's lots of great werewolf stories in here. All documented. All true.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:01 AM   #1130
SnowMan
High School Varsity

..is that Marky Mark?
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #1131
Terps
College Prospect

Crank Dat Romo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUcN8bk85k

Embed wouldn't work.

Last edited by Terps : 12-29-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #1132
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I think the two security guys colliding is better then the tackle...

Old 12-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #1133
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
You know I've been looking for that Dunkin Donuts ad from a few years back where the CEO says he likes to stick it to the man and later realizes that he is the man but I haven't been able to find it on Youtube.

that's because it's a Sprint commercial:

Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #1134
Blade6119
Coordinator

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #1135
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights View Post
Uhhh.....what is so intimidating about a dude with no shirt walking around with a torch to corny music?

Uhhh...it just is. You would have to be there to experience it rather than being an ass online. All I can tell you is what I've heard from people in other school districts in the state (they do not want to go to Quincy to play basketball because of the intimidation factor), other coaches (taking players to the locker room to avoid the pregame) and the fans.

I've been to mlb, nfl, college fb, nba and nhl. Probably the most "fun" I've had at a sporting event is Blue Devil BB.

In general, QHS BB has a long history of excellence and tradition. The pregame ritual is a big part of that and I just wanted to share it since I saw the clip on youtube.

History

Blue Devil basketball is widely regarded as one of the elite programs in the state of Illinois. Quincy holds many Illinois state records, including state tournament appearances (29), regional titles (57), sectional titles (30), state tournament games won (44), tournament games lost (30), tournament games played (74), and state tropies won (13) [1]. The Blue Devils have claimed two Illinois state championships in their history. The first was in 1934, capping off a 31-2 season with a 39-27 victory over Thornton High School in the championship. The second championship came in 1981. The Blue Devils were led by future Iowa standout Michael Payne and Illinois legend Bruce Douglas. The Devils compiled an astounding 33-0 record, winning their final four state tournament games by a staggering average of 28.25 points. The Blue Devils also were named the National Champions of high school basketball by USA Today that year. The Blue Devils didn't lose again until the state semifinal game in 1982, compiling a 64-game winning streak, which was a record at the time. Quincy is also the fourth-winningest high school basketball program in the country, with 1809 wins since its first game on December 23, 1907 [2].

Tradition

On Friday and Saturday nights during basketball season, thousands of Quincyans flock to Blue Devil Gymnasium in Baldwin School to watch the games. Quincy's pregame ritual makes it one of the most intimidating places to play in the state of Illinois. Before the national anthem, all the lights in the gym are turned off. The visiting team's lineup is announced with a single light illuminating their team. After the fifth starter is announced, that light is extinguished, and the pep band begins to play an ominous medley of the theme from The Phantom of the Opera and Maynard Ferguson's "Conquistador." Then, a student clad in blue shorts, a blue cape, and blue devil horns, emerges from the locker room carrying a flaming trident. He runs around the perimeter of the court, inciting loud cheers from the crowd. The devil stands at mid-court while the starting lineup is announced. As he goes back to the locker room, the lights are turned back on, and the players are ready for the opening tip-off.

Recently, Quincy Herald-Whig sportswriter Matt Schuckman authored a book entitled "Stand Up and Cheer: A Century of Blue Devil Basketball," chronicling the history of the program[4].

Sorry if my post didn't meet your standards.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #1136
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Uhhh...it just is. You would have to be there to experience it rather than being an ass online. All I can tell you is what I've heard from people in other school districts in the state (they do not want to go to Quincy to play basketball because of the intimidation factor), other coaches (taking players to the locker room to avoid the pregame) and the fans.

I've been to mlb, nfl, college fb, nba and nhl. Probably the most "fun" I've had at a sporting event is Blue Devil BB.

In general, QHS BB has a long history of excellence and tradition. The pregame ritual is a big part of that and I just wanted to share it since I saw the clip on youtube.

Ha! I didn't realize until now that this was Quincy, Illinois. I have a fair number of relatives on my dad's side in that area and was there (well, Griggsville anyway) for a family reunion in fall of '06. My dad's cousin still has some of the old homestead land near New Canton that my great-grandfather settled on after moving here from Germany and has built a very nice cabin that we stayed at on that trip there. Don't know when we'll go back, though, since we've moved back here now and it's a bit harder to get there from here than from Ann Arbor.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #1137
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

History

Blue Devil basketball is widely regarded as one of the elite programs in the state of Illinois. Quincy holds many Illinois state records, including state tournament appearances (29), regional titles (57), sectional titles (30), state tournament games won (44), tournament games lost (30), tournament games played (74), and state tropies won (13) [1]. The Blue Devils have claimed two Illinois state championships in their history. The first was in 1934, capping off a 31-2 season with a 39-27 victory over Thornton High School in the championship. The second championship came in 1981. The Blue Devils were led by future Iowa standout Michael Payne and Illinois legend Bruce Douglas. The Devils compiled an astounding 33-0 record, winning their final four state tournament games by a staggering average of 28.25 points. The Blue Devils also were named the National Champions of high school basketball by USA Today that year. The Blue Devils didn't lose again until the state semifinal game in 1982, compiling a 64-game winning streak, which was a record at the time. Quincy is also the fourth-winningest high school basketball program in the country, with 1809 wins since its first game on December 23, 1907 [2].

Tradition

On Friday and Saturday nights during basketball season, thousands of Quincyans flock to Blue Devil Gymnasium in Baldwin School to watch the games. Quincy's pregame ritual makes it one of the most intimidating places to play in the state of Illinois. Before the national anthem, all the lights in the gym are turned off. The visiting team's lineup is announced with a single light illuminating their team. After the fifth starter is announced, that light is extinguished, and the pep band begins to play an ominous medley of the theme from The Phantom of the Opera and Maynard Ferguson's "Conquistador." Then, a student clad in blue shorts, a blue cape, and blue devil horns, emerges from the locker room carrying a flaming trident. He runs around the perimeter of the court, inciting loud cheers from the crowd. The devil stands at mid-court while the starting lineup is announced. As he goes back to the locker room, the lights are turned back on, and the players are ready for the opening tip-off.

Recently, Quincy Herald-Whig sportswriter Matt Schuckman authored a book entitled "Stand Up and Cheer: A Century of Blue Devil Basketball," chronicling the history of the program[4].

Sorry if my post didn't meet your standards.

I think it's awesome that the people of Quincy enjoy it so much, but I actually agree with JeffNights. If you are intimidated by that, then you should probably shy away from other "intimidating" things like Pixar movies and Cirque Du Soleil.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #1138
korme
Go Reds

Gonna plug a video from a rap song two of my friends made, keeping in mind these guys are two of the biggest white stoners ever and yet they make a rap song about titties.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE6HCPkWefA

Last edited by korme : 01-01-2008 at 10:08 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #1139
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I think it's awesome that the people of Quincy enjoy it so much, but I actually agree with JeffNights. If you are intimidated by that, then you should probably shy away from other "intimidating" things like Pixar movies and Cirque Du Soleil.

Not to pile on or anything, but every state has thier "legacy" teams that have history and tradition of HS sports, I just fail to get intidated by high schoolers with cheesy music and cheap pyro-effects.

And if all these coaches are actually afraid to play Quincy because of thier pregame ritual, I see why they have won so much in Illinois.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #1140
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The best Televangelist of all time.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #1141
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

*spit-take*
Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #1142
MikeVic
Head Coach

Some of the last few vids have been so funny.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #1143
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights View Post
Not to pile on or anything, but every state has thier "legacy" teams that have history and tradition of HS sports, I just fail to get intidated by high schoolers with cheesy music and cheap pyro-effects.

And if all these coaches are actually afraid to play Quincy because of thier pregame ritual, I see why they have won so much in Illinois.

This board is so irritating when people start posting without knowing what they are talking about.

All I can tell you is that the place absolutely rocks on game nights. If I said anywhere that it is ALL because of the blue devil, I apologize. The pregame blue devil ritual is part of an overall experience that is dark, loud, adrenaline filled and crazy. It is a rush that I haven't encountered at any other sporting event. That's all I can say.

Oh, and yeah, we all know what a weak basketball state Illinois is. Probably only ranks ahead of Idaho and North Dakota. Do a search for the history of QHS basketball, Sherril Hanks, Jerry Leggett, Loren Wallace, Western Big 6 coaches, etc.

I just wanted to share something I think is cool...if you watched it and didn't care for it...move on. There are several clips on here that (imo) aren't that great...I'm not going to run them into the ground because the person that posted them obviously found something interesting or funny and took the time to share.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #1144
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:
This board is so irritating when people start posting without knowing what they are talking about.

What exactly do I not know about? That I dont get intimidated by high schoolers doing a pregame intro? And I wont comment anymore if you stop throwing in little bitchy sarcasms in your posts.

Bottom line: You are in an orgasmic awe of the Quincy Blue Devils, I am not......
"Deal With It"
Old 01-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #1145
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

apologies if this is a repeat

if there was a 24/7 cable channel that solely did remakes of everything in lego (e.g. music videos, 11 O'Clock news, What's Happening reruns, Godfather trilogy, etc...), it would be a success.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #1146
Radii
Head Coach

Bill Gates is the coolest geek ever.

Video: Bill Gates Last Day CES Clip
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #1147
cartman
Death Herald

Ok, this is just amazing. A race car loses its tire, but it gets reattached on the track!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #1148
korme
Go Reds

Billy Crystal from When Harry Met Sally in a deleted scene imitating Vito Corleone in the Godfather.. fuckin spot on

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1149
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Kinda cool if you watch the whole thing.

Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #1150
rkmsuf
Head Coach

29 seconds in.