Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1101
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
And Alan just hit the big 1-0-0-0. Congrats!

Lol , thanks. I hit 1000 posts once before on here like 2+ years ago. I'm not sure what happened to my post total, but the second time is just as sweet!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1102
st.cronin
General Manager

That makes a little bit more sense.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1103
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Mr. Wednesday, Path12, and KWhit cast late votes against WVUFan, potentially saving SnDvls neck from the noose.

To me, this is the most convincing evidence against anyone right now, so I will vote for one of them this time; however, I have another "gut" suspect that I will explain in another post.

VOTE PATH12
Old 01-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #1104
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Don't know what else I could explain. I decided to use my cloak tonight to carve out a third DE in three nights -- I figured this was as good as a night as any to do it.

As for the memory thing -- I honestly wish I could explain it. The last thing I remember is the DE saying the word "Obliviate". I woke up several hours later in my house. I know it sounds suspicious, but it's all I know, honestly.
Okay. This is the thing I don't get. In order to use it within the game, wouldn't you have to PM saldana and tell him who you want to follow? Even if "obliviate" erases what you could've seen, you would still know who you PMed saldana that you wanted to use this on. I was hoping you would come out with this yourself...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1105
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Ardent is a good player. I think a player's skill level has to come into discussion at some point. It is too early to take a chance on a good player when we have several obvious suspects at this point. That is my take on the situation at the moment.

That is either a great point or a great cover-up for a fellow DE. I guess we'll find out which later in the game.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #1106
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Okay. This is the thing I don't get. In order to use it within the game, wouldn't you have to PM saldana and tell him who you want to follow? Even if "obliviate" erases what you could've seen, you would still know who you PMed saldana that you wanted to use this on. I was hoping you would come out with this yourself...

See, I thought that's how the invisibility cloak said, but when I PM'ed Saldana and said "I want to follow KWhit", he responded that I don't specify who to follow.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #1107
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

Items:
Invisibility Cloak – A gift to you from Saldana, a rare and valuable cloak that while worn, renders the wearer invisible. You may chose to wear your cloak outside at night in an effort to follow anyone that may be about at night. This ability may only be used once.

It doesn't sound like you have to pick somebody to follow. It sounds like if it works, you are aware of whatever happens in a night.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #1108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like right now the race is:

Mr.wednesday 6
path 5
Jeeber 2

All three happen to be on my suspect list so I'll let my vote sit for now. I don't understand wvufan's coming out about the cloak if he was lying right now. No one pressed him to say anything, and if someone else actually had the cloak it would possibly set him up as a lier. So for now, unless someone else claims otherwise, I have to believe him. I just find it unfortunate we didnt get to see who another DE was from it.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #1109
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay then. Sounds good to me. Sorry about the inquisition, WVUFan!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #1110
st.cronin
General Manager

I think WVUFan is on the level, because I can't figure out what the badguys gain from this kind of fake reveal.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #1111
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, only other thing was that maybe you should've kept quiet about it. If one of the DEs tried to say they used it, you could bust them out. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #1112
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Dola, only other thing was that maybe you should've kept quiet about it. If one of the DEs tried to say they used it, you could bust them out. Oh well.

I actually like the way he played it. Had the badguys come up with a plausible story, I don't know that WVU would have been able to definitively disprove it. Then we would have had all sorts of chaos to work through.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #1113
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obliviator

An Obliviator is, in the Harry Potter novel series by J. K. Rowling, the designation for a Ministry of Magic employee who has the task of modifying the memory of a Muggle after witnessing incidents belonging to the magic world.

They are first called so in the sixth volume, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, although the mentioned practice already appears in the previous novels. The act of memory modification can be used by any wizard, by using the spell, "Obliviate." This event, however, is frowned upon in the wizarding society; most believe that memory modification should be done by Obliviators only.

Examples of times in which a memory charm was committed include when Professor Gilderoy Lockhart attempts to erase the memories of Harry and Ron in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and when Harry's Aunt Marge's mind is modified (although this is never seen first hand) in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

This post defining WVU's use of the word "obliviate", and the fact that if someone else had used the cloak, they would likely have come forward by now, clears WVU of telling lie. I trust him, and think he's a wizard.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #1114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually like the way he played it. Had the badguys come up with a plausible story, I don't know that WVU would have been able to definitively disprove it. Then we would have had all sorts of chaos to work through.

Kill em all and let those evil looking guys in the black cloaks that are really good sort them out!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #1115
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I believe WVUfan. I still look at Mr. Wendsday and Pass.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #1116
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Or, possibly if someone else used the cloak, they now do not want to come out and say so. Since they could not prove it any more than WVU, they would just risk ending up in a showdown with WVU. So by coming out first, if WVU were a DE, he could solidify his claim as a human more so.

That is just another possibility. I think it is much more likely that WVU is telling the truth. It sounds like the DEs have a lot of protective measures. Not sure they would have high numbers and a lot of extra protection. We may only be dealing with 2 more??
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #1117
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just checking to see if the dead can talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I leave you with this:

Dubious List (refused to go with reason and kept pushing for a tie):
Alan T
KWhit
Path
Mr. Wednesday
Grammaticus
ardent enthusiast

Hero List (more or less good... but be careful, they may have been willing to sacrifice their brother to gain untouchability):
dubb93
Superman

Innocent:
St. Cronin

BUT BE WARY OF EVERYONE. Don't just go with my list... go with your guts as well.

In the next post, WVUFan joins the list of Heroes, but I cut it out due to length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I am using my night view tonight to view dubb93, so in case there someone else that can protect me... kindly do. If I die, someone must scan dubb93 immediately. (that, and he's probably the most cunning player in Werewolf that I have EVER, EVER seen)

I hope nobody forgets my words here. I was right on Qwik, and I was right on SnDvls.

If anyone, ANYONE AT ALL is going to replace me if (when?) I die, please check on dubb93 at night to see if he is indeed a good guy so we can confirm 2 good guys in st. cronin and dubb93, and for the wizards during the day, keep on pressing Grammaticus, Alan T, Mr. W, KWhit and Path (people who, despite my obvious pointing out of SnDvls' ridiculous lies chose to blindly go with the "tie the vote and see" direction, when we could have easily killed SnDvls by them just keeping their votes on him (or not voting for WVU) depite their attempts to try and divert attention to other people like TazFTW. Seems like a decent enough strat for who I suspect as DE.

It seems as if the vote tonight is going down to either Mr. W and Path. I think that if it's not one, it's probably the other, so I will help ensure Mr. W gets it:

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #1118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Or, possibly if someone else used the cloak, they now do not want to come out and say so. Since they could not prove it any more than WVU, they would just risk ending up in a showdown with WVU. So by coming out first, if WVU were a DE, he could solidify his claim as a human more so.

That is just another possibility. I think it is much more likely that WVU is telling the truth. It sounds like the DEs have a lot of protective measures. Not sure they would have high numbers and a lot of extra protection. We may only be dealing with 2 more??

I think it would have been foolish for Wvufan to do this if he was a DE. worst case for us, we would know one of them lied and have a 1 for 1 swap on our hands, getting 1 DE at the sacrifice of one villager. at this point thats a very good trade for us.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #1119
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just checking to see if the dead can talk:

In the next post, WVUFan joins the list of Heroes, but I cut it out due to length.

It seems as if the vote tonight is going down to either Mr. W and Path. I think that if it's not one, it's probably the other, so I will help ensure Mr. W gets it:

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
Why Mr. Wed over Path?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #1120
Coder
College Prospect

I was actually going to change my vote to WVUFan because of his weak explanation, but since you all are ok with him I'm not voting for him. The cloak just sounds so... boring?

Also, I guess the "real" user, if there had been one, would have posted already to throw us off.

I stick with Wednesday who I consider to be the most suspect at the moment. Good night all, here's for another dead deatheater.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #1121
st.cronin
General Manager

The only thing I'm worried about is the spy. That's why I'm going strictly by votes, and nothing else.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 05:32 PM   #1122
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I think it would have been foolish for Wvufan to do this if he was a DE. worst case for us, we would know one of them lied and have a 1 for 1 swap on our hands, getting 1 DE at the sacrifice of one villager. at this point thats a very good trade for us.
I agree and consider WVU pretty solid. But how would it be a trade? The cloak is not in anyone's room. So lynching them won't tell you who was telling a lie.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #1123
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Why Mr. Wed over Path?
Mr. Wednesday because he has one more vote and the initial vote on path was because there was a bandwagon starting on Mr. Wednesday (on a Wednesday, ironic). dubb cast the initial vote on path just because of the bandwagon...no other reason. That seemed strange, plus Neon warned us that he's a very shrewd player.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #1124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree and consider WVU pretty solid. But how would it be a trade? The cloak is not in anyone's room. So lynching them won't tell you who was telling a lie.

lynch them both and you're 50% chance of getting the lier each time
Old 01-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #1125
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
however, I have another "gut" suspect that I will explain in another post.

Ok, here is the above-mentioned person who I am suspicious of: Grammaticus.

I think there's like a decent chance that he's clean, but there are a few things about his posts that really bother me.

He CONSTANTLY hammers home the fact that he doesn't understand HP and that he is an inexperienced WW player. Seems like it could be a ploy to look less dangerous, especially if he does something Death-Eaterish.

Also, he defended/tried to take heat off of Sndvls yesterday, when I think it was pretty obvious to most of us that he was a DE. Things like the following quote (among others around the time it was posted) look really, really bad:

Quote:
We are missing a great opportunity to clear a wizard. Regardless I think Sun will have to accept his fate on this one, unless someone wants to make a tie at the wire.

I might very well be wrong about Gram, and if I am, I apologize; however, something seems very fishy with him.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #1126
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote path12

Not thrilled about this vote, I'll say it right now. But between MrW and Path, the two major suspects, my gut says Path. We'll see.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #1127
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Not thrilled about this vote, I'll say it right now. But between MrW and Path, the two major suspects, my gut says Path. We'll see.

My gut says both.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #1128
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Why Mr. Wed over Path?

Because Path is a wizard?

Seriously, I understand the votes (though I would think that Neon of all people would understand time zone issues before casting stones all over the friggin' place), but guys, you're making a mistake going with me. That's all I can say, I'm sure as hell not gonna grovel.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #1129
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mr. Wednesday because he has one more vote and the initial vote on path was because there was a bandwagon starting on Mr. Wednesday (on a Wednesday, ironic). dubb cast the initial vote on path just because of the bandwagon...no other reason. That seemed strange, plus Neon warned us that he's a very shrewd player.

If you think the only reason I voted for Pass was b/c of a bandwagon you haven't been following along very well. Last night at the deadline 2 people came in at the same time and said the same thing. They both voted WVU and tied the game up.

The 2 people were Mr. W and Path. When I got in the thread Mr. W had 3 votes on him and Path 0. It would make no sense to throw a forth vote on Mr. W and let Path fly under the radar. I think they are everyones top suspects.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #1130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If you think the only reason I voted for Pass was b/c of a bandwagon you haven't been following along very well. Last night at the deadline 2 people came in at the same time and said the same thing. They both voted WVU and tied the game up.

The 2 people were Mr. W and Path. When I got in the thread Mr. W had 3 votes on him and Path 0. It would make no sense to throw a forth vote on Mr. W and let Path fly under the radar. I think they are everyones top suspects.

I think he was saying you voted for Path because there was a bandwagon running on Wednesday.. (I might be interpretting wrong).
Old 01-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #1131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Whoa...you mean I'm finally caught up? Wow..

I think you guys are right on with Path and MrW. And Schmidty, I agree with you that Gram looks suspicious.

Let's turn to Alan T. My experience is that, for the most part, wolves get very defensive when accused. He totally lost his cool last night with NC.

I'm thinking about path and MrW, too -- not sure which one to vote for, but I suspect they're both wolves.

[/b]VOTE ALAN T[b]
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #1132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Let's try that again!

VOTE ALAN T
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #1133
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ok, here is the above-mentioned person who I am suspicious of: Grammaticus.

I think there's like a decent chance that he's clean, but there are a few things about his posts that really bother me.

He CONSTANTLY hammers home the fact that he doesn't understand HP and that he is an inexperienced WW player. Seems like it could be a ploy to look less dangerous, especially if he does something Death-Eaterish.

Also, he defended/tried to take heat off of Sndvls yesterday, when I think it was pretty obvious to most of us that he was a DE. Things like the following quote (among others around the time it was posted) look really, really bad:

I might very well be wrong about Gram, and if I am, I apologize; however, something seems very fishy with him.
Fair enough, but you are way off. I hardly call ending in a tie, taking the heat off Sun. He is still on the spot as someone may lynch him via tie breaking powers. Also a landslide on someone makes it more likely they do not push too hard to defend themselves.

Now, regardless of what is being dismissed about ties, It was a huge help in the last game. Someone said they thought pushing a wizard to out himself by breaking a tie was using an ability needlessly, an ability that is needed to protect a wizard.

I think and saw in the last game, breaking a tie and showing everyone you were clean was how it protected people. Sure a DE can go after you, but then they have to go for a now worthless wizard versus someone with an ability out there.

Plus I was adament about making sure everyone did not forget that Sun was not cleared with a Neon scan.

Also, in the last game outing roles worked to the best for the good guys, so it is not a terrible strategy, nor one that makes you a baddie.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #1134
saldana
Pro Starter

just a quick question while there are so many people in the thread. originally i said we were going to use 12/24 hour cycles...it seems that the 12 hour straight days and nights are working out fine...does any one object to staying on the straight schedule?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #1135
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I think he was saying you voted for Path because there was a bandwagon running on Wednesday.. (I might be interpretting wrong).

The way I interpret it he was saying that my voting for Path was strange, like I was avoiding the Mr. W bandwagon for some devious reason. And that he was trying to say that there was no reason for a Path vote.

If Path comes up a DE, RA may very well be one too.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #1136
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
just a quick question while there are so many people in the thread. originally i said we were going to use 12/24 hour cycles...it seems that the 12 hour straight days and nights are working out fine...does any one object to staying on the straight schedule?
I like the straight schedule.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #1137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Im ok with that
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #1138
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I like the straight schedule.

Seems to be working fine, let's go for it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #1139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Whoa...you mean I'm finally caught up? Wow..

I think you guys are right on with Path and MrW. And Schmidty, I agree with you that Gram looks suspicious.

Let's turn to Alan T. My experience is that, for the most part, wolves get very defensive when accused. He totally lost his cool last night with NC.

I'm thinking about path and MrW, too -- not sure which one to vote for, but I suspect they're both wolves.

[/b]VOTE ALAN T[b]

In all fairness, I thought he was the one who lost his cool, and I was trying to be reasonable about it all I've said many times today though that the short list of people who you should consider would also include me though since the way I voted hasn't been too hot either so far.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #1140
kingfc22
Head Coach

I think this schedule is working fine. I mean we have killed 2 DE's already! Woot!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #1141
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Current vote count as I have it is:

Mr. Wednesday (7)
Path (6)
jeeber (2)
Alan T (1)
Old 01-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #1142
st.cronin
General Manager

UNVOTE JEEBERD

He's still a suspect, but that idea hasn't gained any traction. I'll revisit tomorrow.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #1143
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Of the two leading vote getters, I'm inclined to believe path12's time difference excuse more than Mr. W's. So

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #1144
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE PATH12

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #1145
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm fine with it, of course that may be a moot point soon.

And I'm out until after the deadline. Good luck y'all.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #1146
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm fine with the time frame. Things have slowed down at work now. Still got stuff to do, but it should be slower now.

Maybe, just maybe I'll catch Lost tonight.

The time frame is better for me, actually.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #1147
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Mr. W has been very weak.

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1148
Schmidty
Coordinator

The fact that Path and Mr. Wed aren't on here frantically defending themselves worries me. The DE's have lost 2 of themselves already, losing another 1 (potentially 2) would be devastating. Wouldn't they at least put up a little more of a fight to stay alive?

I'm sticking with my vote, but they both (particularly path) seemed like wizards resigned to accept their fates.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1149
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm out to go skiing and I won't be back until after the voting ends:

Vote MR. WEDNESDAY
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #1150
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The fact that Path and Mr. Wed aren't on here frantically defending themselves worries me. The DE's have lost 2 of themselves already, losing another 1 (potentially 2) would be devastating. Wouldn't they at least put up a little more of a fight to stay alive?

I'm sticking with my vote, but they both (particularly path) seemed like wizards resigned to accept their fates.

I'm not entirely sold on either one, myself. I think there are better candidates.

KWhit
ardent
JeeberD

knives out