Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1101
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Are they different than they do it now. I have both a 360 and a PS3, and unless I'm doing something wrong I wouldn't call the lists nearly as nice as Steam.

On the PS3 you go to account management and find your download list. The items that are presented are not listed in alphabetical order, rather they are listed chronologically by purchase or download date, and can't be filtered. The list also includes items such as betas, demos, netflix, basically anything you have ever downloaded on the console, and you can't remove the fluff. For example, in my list, I don't need betas of games I've purchased. Ditto with demos. Yet I can't remove them. I would kill to get this presented alphabetically as well, but that isn't an option.

XBox presents the list in a similar, albeit, even less user friendly way. Setting>Account>Download History>Download Again presents with a list that is even worse than PSN. It's much slower to scroll through, but it also loaded with individual DLC, not filterable, still includes crap like demos, and is just a general pain. Also, unlike on PSN, XBox has a tendency to stop scrolling and start loading multiple times during the scrolling process.

Compared to something like Steam doesn't include the fluff, files DLC under the actual game, and is presented alphabetically, both services fall flat. I was hoping it would be better on the next gen. It doesn't help that I have massive lists on both consoles, and not being able to filter them is a pain. Less so on the PS3, admittedly, but that list isn't quite the monster that my XBox list is. I assume if I had as much crap on PSN as I do on XBox Live it would be equally as difficult to navigate.

I guess part of the appeal of a large game library is being bored one night and being able to see all of your games in a single glance. Then you can pick out which one you want to play. Having a personal game collection on a shelf allows for that. Steam actually allows for that too, with they way they present your library to you. Microsoft and Sony were a long way behind on that front this gen.

In the PSN store, there's a link that says something like 'Your Digital Library'. I'll have to check at home where that is, but it's well-organized and shows all the games you've purchased. I want to say it's displayed in the PS+ section of your store. Think you can re-sort as well.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1102
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
In the PSN store, there's a link that says something like 'Your Digital Library'. I'll have to check at home where that is, but it's well-organized and shows all the games you've purchased. I want to say it's displayed in the PS+ section of your store. Think you can re-sort as well.

If you are talking about the PS+ Instant Game Collection, that works well and is sortable, but it does not include any games I've purchased outside of PS+. It seems to just keep track of PS+ games, and as I'm in my first month, I'm not entirely sure if keeps track of games after they are pulled off PS+ or not. I do know for sure that it doesn't include games I've purchased outside of PS+. Otherwise, you definitely have my attention.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #1103
nol
Banned

I'm probably going to sit this generation of consoles out, but my main reason for posting: whenever I see this thread updated, my eye gravitates towards "Tokyo Game Show" and I think it's going to be about the classic Chris Farley skit: CHRIS FARLEY - Japanese Game Show - Video
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Is the true reason for mandatory Kinect: So Xbox Live can suspend you for cursing too much. (joke, but apparently Xbox Live is trying to stomp out the 16 year old idiots.. which is good, but always has a down side to it)

Xbox gamers suspended in cursing crackdown - CNN.com
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1105
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got to work with a couple of the second screen options for the PS4 today. First, the Playstation App is a fun little tool. Like that you can buy things from anywhere and can also control your PS4 via the iPhone.

Second, I finally took time to connect my PS Vita via Remote Play. Easily makes a Vita totally worth it. The transition is very easy. Today, I played NBA 2K14 on it. Simply paused the game on the PS4, turned on the Vita, clicked on PS4 Link icon and was ready to go. It honestly couldn't get any easier than what they've done. Took the Vita downstairs to the living room and played on the Vita while keeping an eye on the kids. Going to be a fantastic option once MLB: The Show is released.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #1106
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If you can get on, Gamestop's Black Friday PS4 bundle is live right now. New PS4, Knack, Killzone, extra controller on their website.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #1107
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Gamestop's website is taking a beating.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #1108
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
If you can get on, Gamestop's Black Friday PS4 bundle is live right now. New PS4, Knack, Killzone, extra controller on their website.

Missed it, wish I would have checked here sooner
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #1109
BYU 14
Coordinator

Thanks for the PM dubb, got an alert right away and snagged another PS4 bundle just released on Gamestop
Old 11-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #1110
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The included PS4 "headset" is a joke, right?

I'm in love about everything else about the console so far. The UI, while it may not seem like it at first glance or on videos, is drastically better to navigate than the old PS3 one. They shouldn't put that a headset is included, when what is in the box clearly isn't a headset.

Last edited by dubb93 : 11-30-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #1111
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Big release numbers for the PS4 in the UK. Will be interesting to see what sales look like in the rest of Europe.

PS4 beats Xbox One to fastest selling UK console ever crown | Games industry news | MCV
Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #1112
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
The included PS4 "headset" is a joke, right?

I'm in love about everything else about the console so far. The UI, while it may not seem like it at first glance or on videos, is drastically better to navigate than the old PS3 one. They shouldn't put that a headset is included, when what is in the box clearly isn't a headset.

"Headset" is weak but really loving it from my brief playing around tonight. Killzone is beautiful and I like the interface a lot. Still waiting for my PSN + email, which was part of the bundle, to arrive so I can get some of the deals from the store, hopefully that doesn't turn into a drama.

The controller is really nice, light years ahead of the PS3 controller and very comfortable.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1113
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sony UK keeps back some consoles 'just in case'.

Sony UK has 'pool of stock' to deal with 'dead on arrival' PS4s | Joystiq

MS tells consumers to not enable the developer mode on X1. Enabling without proper authorization can cause the console to stop working.

Microsoft advises consumers against enabling dev mode on Xbox One | Joystiq

Bloomberg discusses Wii U's bleak future.

Nintendo Seen Missing Target as Sony-Microsoft Dwarf Wii U - Bloomberg

Initial worldwide release window totals 2.1M for PS4.

Sony announces PS4 sales total 2.1 million, 700k in Europe, Australasia | Joystiq
Old 12-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #1114
RainMaker
General Manager

Does either system let me watch Netflix for free?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #1115
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Does either system let me watch Netflix for free?

If you define "free" as in "no subscription fee paid to Netflix," no. If you define free as in "we won't add bullshit charges as a gateway to access to a subscription you're already paying for," that would be PS4 (or Wii U, technically).

Xbox One requires a Live Gold subscription to stream Netflix.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #1116
Izulde
Head Coach

Or you could just pick up Google Chromecast and project Netflix from your computer to your TV.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #1117
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Happy to see the developers and Sony extending the Cross-Buy deals to the PS4. Nothing more annoying than having to pay for a game you already bought on another platform.

Quote:
Polished pinball series Zen Pinball 2 will make its way to PlayStation 4 on December 17, but that's not the best part. Developer Zen Studios also announced this morning that folks who already own PS3 or Vita versions of the tables coming to PS4 will be able to download the tables for free.

Zen Pinball 2 springs onto PS4 on December 17 | Joystiq

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-04-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #1118
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Is the true reason for mandatory Kinect: So Xbox Live can suspend you for cursing too much. (joke, but apparently Xbox Live is trying to stomp out the 16 year old idiots.. which is good, but always has a down side to it)

Xbox gamers suspended in cursing crackdown - CNN.com

I'm waiting to see if NBA 2k14 is under the Christmas tree, so I hadn't discovered this myself yet, but this is just plain full of awesome:

NBA 2K14 for Xbox One Calls Technical Fouls when the User Swears*IRL | Extra Mustard - SI.com
Old 12-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #1119
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For those that are interested, the Xbox One continues to be in stock on Amazon. Seems really odd in one way or another. Either MS is flooding the market with systems in lieu of other countries or these things aren't moving. Not sure which that is, but I'm sure the sales numbers over the coming month or two will tell the tale.

Amazon.com: Xbox One Console: Video Games
Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1120
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I'm waiting to see if NBA 2k14 is under the Christmas tree, so I hadn't discovered this myself yet, but this is just plain full of awesome:

NBA 2K14 for Xbox One Calls Technical Fouls when the User Swears*IRL | Extra Mustard - SI.com

Unrelated to the Technical Fouls thing, but I saw this thread near the top of reddit yesterday, I haven't really done any research past this to confirm what the guy is talking about, and most of the top level comments are worthless/generic bitching about micro transactions, is there are major concern to be had here?

Why are people not more upset about next-gen NBA 2k14? : Games
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #1121
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
For those that are interested, the Xbox One continues to be in stock on Amazon. Seems really odd in one way or another. Either MS is flooding the market with systems in lieu of other countries or these things aren't moving. Not sure which that is, but I'm sure the sales numbers over the coming month or two will tell the tale.

Or, Sony only had enough stock to cover pre-orders, and the supposed issues with Foxconn are keeping them from churning out as many consoles as Microsoft.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1122
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Unrelated to the Technical Fouls thing, but I saw this thread near the top of reddit yesterday, I haven't really done any research past this to confirm what the guy is talking about, and most of the top level comments are worthless/generic bitching about micro transactions, is there are major concern to be had here?

Why are people not more upset about next-gen NBA 2k14? : Games

It's pretty overblown IMO. I've played NBA 2K14 more than any other game on my PS4. I've played the My Career mode quite a bit and I've played the My GM mode some. As far as I'm concerned, it's little more than the unlocking process that you see with any other game. As you progress more, you get more. And of course, they've added the option for the lazy gamers who don't want to endure that process to buy all the options.

I think the game is fantastic and don't have any problem with the pace of the unlocking process. I will say it's a difficult game, even on the middle difficulty level, but I'm not frustrated at all. Just enjoying the challenge of it.

I will say that being mentored by Demarcus Cousins as a rookie was a bit interesting, but I guess they had to choose a star to be the leader on the Kings.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1123
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Or, Sony only had enough stock to cover pre-orders, and the supposed issues with Foxconn are keeping them from churning out as many consoles as Microsoft.

But we know that Sony has sold at least 500K more worldwide than MS in the early release window (2.2m vs. 1.7M). As I said, something doesn't make sense.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #1124
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
It's pretty overblown IMO. I've played NBA 2K14 more than any other game on my PS4. I've played the My Career mode quite a bit and I've played the My GM mode some. As far as I'm concerned, it's little more than the unlocking process that you see with any other game. As you progress more, you get more. And of course, they've added the option for the lazy gamers who don't want to endure that process to buy all the options.

Good to hear, thanks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #1125
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
But we know that Sony has sold at least 500K more worldwide than MS in the early release window (2.2m vs. 1.7M). As I said, something doesn't make sense.

Link?

Microsoft hasn't announced any updated figures yet since the launch.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/1...ore-countries/

Last edited by cartman : 12-04-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #1126
cartman
Death Herald

Xbox One and PS4 sales numbers don’t matter right now (but you don’t care) - GameSpot

Funny stat from the article: Neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One are going to match the Wii U's first month sales of 3 million.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #1127
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Link?

Microsoft hasn't announced any updated figures yet since the launch.

PS4 sales hit 2.1 million worldwide after rollout in 31 more countries [updated] | Ars Technica

Major Nelson announced it somewhere a couple of days ago. Was likely his twitter feed.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #1128
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Xbox One and PS4 sales numbers don’t matter right now (but you don’t care) - GameSpot

Funny stat from the article: Neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One are going to match the Wii U's first month sales of 3 million.

I'm going to assume they asked people who identify as "gamers." I think with the PS4 focusing on games that they would tend to favor the PS4, as I did. My more casual gaming friends are all about the XBox One, because, well....it's an XBox. It would also make sense that those people aren't running out to grab every last XBox the second it hits shelves. I still think we are looking at another stalemate. Sony is coming out of the gate much stronger this time and IMHO it is well deserved because the PS4 blows the PS3 out of the water in pretty much everything from a design standpoint. They just have to ditch that Playstation 3 stigma with the casual crowd.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1129
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Major Nelson announced it somewhere a couple of days ago. Was likely his twitter feed.

Was neither his twitter feed nor his blog. If he announced such, it was elsewhere.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #1130
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

If you plan on simming in MyGM and progressing it isn't going to happen. That needs to change IMO.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #1131
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Product Alert
Due to extremely high demand, Amazon.com is currently sold out of the Xbox One inventory. However, there may be offers available from Marketplace Sellers. Please check back here for Amazon.com Xbox One availability.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-04-2013 at 11:15 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #1132
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Product Alert
Due to extremely high demand, Amazon.com is currently sold out of the Xbox One inventory. However, there may be offers available from Marketplace Sellers. Please check back here for Amazon.com Xbox One availability.

Yep, it finally went out of stock around 10:00 PM. Was available from around 8:00 AM until then. Really surprised it took so long to sell out. As I said, that either means they're diverting units to the US or they aren't selling well.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #1133
cartman
Death Herald

ROFL

Robbers Settle for PS4 When GameStop is All Out of the Xbox One
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #1134
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

I know this wasn't posted with any forethought in mind, but I'd consider those smart thieves. They're going to have the opposite thought process of a consumer. Consumer is looking for best value. Thieves are looking for the highest priced items. Makes perfect sense.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #1135
cartman
Death Herald

Looks like Sony dropped the ball on the biggest shopping day of the year.

Report: Xbox One tops PS4 on Black Friday | Games Blog - Yahoo Games
Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #1136
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Another thing that should surprise no one. The PS4 launched in Europe and Asia on Black Friday. Worldwide, Sony sold a lot more units than MS that day.

MS better hope it can keep a 50/50 split here in the U.S. because they're going to get manhandled in all other territories and they're not even going to bother in Japan (rightly so).
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #1137
cartman
Death Herald

Hey, we missed out on the biggest consumer shopping day in the biggest consumer market in the world, but its ok. We beat Microsoft in Albania, the Czech Republic, and Myanmar!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #1138
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

To be fair, that could just as easily be "stock Microsoft was unable to sell during launch week buttressing supply come Black Friday." If Sony is outselling Microsoft to the point that PS4 is out of stock and Xbox One isn't, is it really "dropping the ball"?

They're selling the stock they have; whether that stock is sold a week before or a week after Black Friday, it's selling through.

I mean, sure, LOLMBBF and all, but that isn't a report I'd take at face value.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1139
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
To be fair, that could just as easily be "stock Microsoft was unable to sell during launch week buttressing supply come Black Friday." If Sony is outselling Microsoft to the point that PS4 is out of stock and Xbox One isn't, is it really "dropping the ball"?

They're selling the stock they have; whether that stock is sold a week before or a week after Black Friday, it's selling through.

That could also be a possible reason. But most places were sold out of Xbox Ones prior to Black Friday after the launch.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #1140
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Sample size and all, my local Wal-Mart sold out of Black Friday PS4's 4 hours before they started selling them(the line was full). They had 800%(40-5) more XBox One's than PS4's and a line of zero still at 6p when they went on sell. They have since sold out.

I'm not sure what to make of the numbers, but I know from my hunt that an XBox would have been much easier for me to buy than a PS4. I saw an XBox on the shelf 3 times at stores and had multiple chances to buy an XBox online. Never had a shot at a PS4 until I waited in line on Black Friday.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-05-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #1141
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just want to remind everyone that we have at least one case of being sold out of Xbox ONEs but several PS4s in stock.

It's all anecdotal, and the reality is both are selling well. But not as well as the Wii U, and we know how THAT is turning out...
Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #1142
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You guys are hilarious.

Your constant dick-measuring contest about which console is selling more today or tomorrow is just...I dunno.

Who really gives a shit? Buy the one that you want and play it and enjoy. Isn't that what it's all about?*

*I mean assuming you're not an investor in one of the companies and trying to do an earnings model for next quarter/year.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-05-2013 at 02:38 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1143
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You guys are hilarious.

Your constant dick-measuring contest about which console is selling more today or tomorrow is just...I dunno.

There only seems to be one person here that thinks it is being taken seriously. The one with more posts in this thread than the next three FOFCers combined.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #1144
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There only seems to be one person here that thinks it is being taken seriously. The one with more posts in this thread than the next three FOFCers combined.

Dumb question: Can you find stats for a particular thread like that or was that just a (realistic) guess?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #1145
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Dumb question: Can you find stats for a particular thread like that or was that just a (realistic) guess?

SI

Click on the "replies" number.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #1146
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Click on the "replies" number.

How did I totally miss that all these years... Thanks!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-05-2013 at 02:56 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #1147
Kodos
Resident Alien

noob
Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #1148
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You guys are hilarious.

Who really gives a shit? Buy the one that you want and play it and enjoy. Isn't that what it's all about?*

*I mean assuming you're not an investor in one of the companies and trying to do an earnings model for next quarter/year.

Absolutely. This is a thread for people who geek out on the business of the consoles. If you're not interested in that, not sure why you'd be in this thread.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #1149
Ryan S
Quarterback

It looks like PS4 and Xbox 1 games are about $25 more expensive than full price PS3 and 360 games in the UK at most retailers, so I am definitely glad I decided to wait.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #1150
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
It looks like PS4 and Xbox 1 games are about $25 more expensive than full price PS3 and 360 games in the UK at most retailers, so I am definitely glad I decided to wait.

WOW! There isn't any kind of markup like that here in the US. Next gen games are the same price as current gen.

Last edited by cartman : 12-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.