Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #1101
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of which, I believe your emissary told you where I stand last night. At least he should have.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #1102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Renly, you have made it far too obvious that you planned to hop from alliance to alliance, wherever might gain you some bonus. We all know each of the other plans to betray us in the end. The trick is waiting 'til the right moment, but you have made clear from the first moments of negotiating with me that you were willing to back out of it in a flash if something else came along. You have claimed outrage that I didn't send you Clegane, or that I voted against you yesterday, yet all along you would use whatever I gave you against me. Anyone who would join with you today is guaranteed you will turn against them tomorrow. Even if you don't realize it today, the rest of us know that tomorrow another shiny trinket will gain your attention. Perhaps you believe that you wouldn't have betrayed the Starks. But they only need to look at me, a brother who just yesterday you swore you wanted to ally with, to see how far to trust you.

Indeed Lord Stannis. I was, I must admit, caught by surprise by the sudden, emotionally-driven turn of events last night. It was an unexpected swerve that threw the realm into apparent chaos, and was not at all what my little birds had gleamed over the preceding days. As you note, my understanding was that an alliance had been sealed with the objective of removing House Lannister from the game.

That being the case, Lord Renly doth protest too much in my eyes. His situation is not altogether as dire as he paints it I do not believe. To this point, only Lord Stannis is at war with him, the Starks and Lannisters remain on the sideline. Although Lord Stannis has a powerful navy, Storm's End boasts the wealth of Highgarden behind it.

Will the Wolf and the Lion join the war, or pick off the survivors? Can Lord Renly convince House Lannister or House Stark to ally with him to remove Lord Stannis from Dragonstone? For surely it is not in everyone's best interest for Lord Stannis to possess both the wealth of Highgarden and the navies of Dragonstone. Such a combination would be difficult at best for even the combined might of Lannister and Stark to overcome.

I look forward to ravens this afternoon.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #1103
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And as I said to you in private, Brienne, his vote for me made clear that he had chosen to ally against us. Even if he rescinded it, that only meant he was sorry he had revealed himself. If he had wanted to work with me it never would have occurred to him to vote against me. Correct? Just as days before he had agreed to vote the Lannisters and then voted Melisandre instead. These weren't the actions of someone who was clear he wanted me as an ally. Robb Stark, whatever he may be plotting in private, is wise enough to have not voted against me in public. Renly could learn a few things from the boy.
You are hitting on the main issue here. Trust. Renly trusted neither the Starks nor you, believing that you would both stab him in the back given the chance and you clearly thought the same of him. I tried to get you two to work together, but neither of you were willing to be the first one to make a gesture of good faith that may have put you at a disadvantage. I do believe that we would have been loyal allies, had we simply gotten past the negotiations stage. The inability to do so, the inability to put even a bit of faith in someone who does not perfectly share your interests on both sides, is what really got me angry yesterday.

But Renly is right. This is a game, and if winning only requires caution and some nice timing, I would prefer to go down fighting and enjoying every moment. There is a time for caution, but that time is past.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #1104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Trust is a precious commodity M'Lady. Even more so in these fractious times.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #1105
path12
Coordinator

Keep playing it safe, Stannis. Stark and Lannister(s), I still have hope you have some chaos in you.

Do it for Chief!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #1106
path12
Coordinator

Tyrion, still have that wildfire? Send me a raven!

Littlefinger, want to be a player? Send me a raven!

Cersei, thank you for your support.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #1107
Danny
Head Coach

I have a large amount of wildfire

In my pants....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #1108
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The maesters have treatments for that, you know.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #1109
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Tyrion, still have that wildfire? Send me a raven!

Littlefinger, want to be a player? Send me a raven!

M'Lord Renly,

I am a player already. In fact, some might say I am the master player.

I only get one raven a day. I prefer to retain it for reaching out to someone who is not a claimant.

You on the other hand get a free raven to me - feel free to reach out to me to initiate a discussion about whatever you like. It's quite clear that my little birds murmurs about an alliance between the Baratheon brothers is now outdated, but perhaps there is other information that you seek where I can offer you points to consider.

I do not believe your situation is as dire as you make it out to be.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #1110
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
M'Lord Renly,

I am a player already. In fact, some might say I am the master player.

I only get one raven a day. I prefer to retain it for reaching out to someone who is not a claimant.

You on the other hand get a free raven to me - feel free to reach out to me to initiate a discussion about whatever you like.

You will indeed be getting a note from me, Lord Varys. I was calling out to the others since I do not get the free raven to them. There are some I have heard from already, there are certainly others who may reach out at some point -- but being limited in communication means I must be public in many of my dealings today.

I am sure the amount the Kings are able to communicate with the neutrals would be a welcome revision to the ruleset in future. But for now it is what it is.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #1111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You will indeed be getting a note from me, Lord Varys. I was calling out to the others since I do not get the free raven to them. There are some I have heard from already, there are certainly others who may reach out at some point -- but being limited in communication means I must be public in many of my dealings today.

I am sure the amount the Kings are able to communicate with the neutrals would be a welcome revision to the ruleset in future. But for now it is what it is.

[ooc] perhaps in the next iteration of the game. although it might require 2 game-runners to deal with all those PMs I imagine [/ooc]
Old 05-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #1112
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] there are some I haven't heard from too - tyrion & cersei for example. and only one raven from a non-king so far this game. maybe in v2 there will be more of that...it might increase the wheeling and dealing even more. Loving this game the way it is though - kudos to Chief. This is much easier than going back and signing up again for the Blood of Dragons MUSH and having to start at the bottom of things there. [/ooc]
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #1113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[ooc] perhaps in the next iteration of the game. although it might require 2 game-runners to deal with all those PMs I imagine [/ooc]

One of my regrets was not pairing up with someone here. A long time ago, JAG offered to help me run it, and I probably should have asked him to help. But then he has been a terrific participant in the game, and I hate to think what it would be like without him playing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #1114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Julio Riddols has officially replaced Lathum as Theon Greyjoy, House Stark bannerman.

He is now able to post here in this thread and in the House Stark thread and begin serving King Robb Stark there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #1115
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

You're welcome.

You are merely experiencing the situation that you helped place my son in my lord. You also assume that Tyrion and Littlefinger aren't working hard making things happen. Just because you don't see something doesn't mean that it isn't there.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #1116
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
One of my regrets was not pairing up with someone here. A long time ago, JAG offered to help me run it, and I probably should have asked him to help. But then he has been a terrific participant in the game, and I hate to think what it would be like without him playing.

I simply could not have run the two Marvel games that I did back in the day without help from Tyrith.

I don't think there are other examples of co-mods in this community, but I can speak from experience saying that it was both helpful and fun having a co-collaborator for both game creation and execution.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #1117
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hello, everyone. Seems I've had my fill of fun and am now ready to be a proud Stark Bannerman.

I miss Ros.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #1118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly's call to arms at Storm's End rings out across the land.

The vast majority of the Baratheon vassalage and bannermen heed his call and make their way to the coastal fortress of Storm's End, the traditional home of House Baratheon. The Warden of the South, Ser Loras Tyrell, dishonored though he may be, brings the great Tyrell host of the Reach from Highgarden as well. The Hand of the King Ser Cortnay Penrose and Shieldmaiden Brienne of Tarth will stand with their King as well.

The banner of House Baratheon marches on the coastal town keep of Maidenpool to take the fight to Renly's brother, King Stannis of Dragonstone.

The great army of Renly surrounds Maidenpool and his fleet descends upon the town from the Bay of Crabs.

With a massive charge upon the walls, the Baratheon host quickly overwhelms the town defenses and sweeps into the city!

Maidenpool is in Storm's End hands!

But, alas, no, it was too easy. It should have been clear when the fleet of Storm's End met little resistance on the water from Dragonstone ships. Everyone knows Stannis controls the mightiest fleet on the east coast of Westeros. There was only a token force in the town of Maidenpool.

No, it is clear that Stannis has pulled back and is awaiting the forces of Storm's End elsewhere. This war will be delayed.

Soon, word arrives. The Dragonstone fleet and host has marshalled at Cape Wrath, the family home of Stannis's Hand of the King Ser Davos Seaworth.

It is to Cape Wrath, then, that Storm's End must march to complete this war.

Stannis will surely be there to meet Renly. But, now is the question... will he be alone?

WAR BETWEEN STORM'S END AND DRAGONSTONE WILL TAKE PLACE AT CAPE WRATH AT THE DAY FIVE DEADLINE.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #1119
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc - this is sooo cool Chief).
Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #1120
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Actually,

this is sooo cool.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #1121
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Apparently the good king Renly has crabs.

FUCK EA
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #1122
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Just because you don't see something doesn't mean that it isn't there.

My lady, I am counting on that.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #1123
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

War. Huh. Good god ya'll. What is it good for?
Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #1124
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
War. Huh. Good god ya'll. What is it good for?

in your case, absolutely nothing, say it again y'all...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #1125
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Breaking the status quo and potentially removing a dictator
Say it again y'all
Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #1126
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Cortnay Penrose

The charge? Having a silly name.
The punishment? His liege forgiving him as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #1127
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

5 Enemies of the realm have been reprieved. That's nearly half of all the bannermen. The people will be crying for the Targyreans to come back.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #1128
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hey there, Cersei. Nice dress.

FUCK EA
Old 05-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #1129
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Vote Cortnay Penrose

The charge? Having a silly name.
The punishment? His liege forgiving him as well.

Jesus, Cersei. This honor buying gets expensive. Mind having someone else make that payment?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #1130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I did receive ravens earlier, but am waiting to reply in kind.

Should interested parties with to conduct discussions through me using their ravens to me as war seems to have descended upon us and bannermen are scarce, I am happy to facilitate such discussions.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #1131
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jesus, Cersei. This honor buying gets expensive. Mind having someone else make that payment?

I believe the Lady knows exactly what she is doing Lord Renly.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #1132
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Okay, here is the order of things this morning.

First, I will tally the votes and run Enemy of the Realm.

Then, I will go through all my PMs and respond to questions.

Then, I will delete PMs and create room for more.

Then, I will review all the theads for any commands not in PMs.

And then, finally, you will all receive your PMs and we will turn it over.

As for the war... I guess we'll see.

(ooc)Are you caught up on PMs? Are we on for regularly scheduled deadline?(/ooc)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #1133
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Clicked Storm's End thread accidentally, sorry.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #1134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
(ooc)Are you caught up on PMs? Are we on for regularly scheduled deadline?(/ooc)

Don't think so - at least I haven't received my daily report.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #1135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

[ooc] we're not caught up. As it's war and it's fundamental, could we maybe push deadline back, or even extend it a full day? [/ooc]
Old 05-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #1136
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Don't think so - at least I haven't received my daily report.

I haven't either.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #1137
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] i've got ravens to send, but i'm holding them back wondering if things are going to be postponed...hmm [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #1138
path12
Coordinator

I love ravens in the afternoon. My bank shares are scheduled to split tomorrow.

Audacity, my friends. It will carry you far.

Do it for Chief!!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #1139
hoopsguy
General Manager

I can only smirk at this message of bold risk taking, when days early Renly threw in with Robb and Stannis to submarine House Lannister.

AUDACITY!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #1140
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, an update about deadlines will be helpful. I won't be around at normal deadline tonight, so am particularly interested in knowing what we'll be doing. Is it officially day 5 even?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1141
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

PMs are still going out. It has been a long day.

The deadline for Day Five is going to be moved to tomorrow day, like last Friday.

5 p.m. EST (2 p.m. PDT) THURSDAY Deadline for DAY FIVE

Old 05-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #1142
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I can only smirk at this message of bold risk taking, when days early Renly threw in with Robb and Stannis to submarine House Lannister.

AUDACITY!

There was a plan, I have confessed what it was, it didn't work out. So I have moved on from that damn square peg. Living in the past is for careful people.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #1143
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uggh. Why can't it be like 4 pm PST...haha
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #1144
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Uggh. Why can't it be like 4 pm PST...haha

My concept there is to then get it all done before I leave for the other job. Hasn't happened successfully yet, but that's the concept. I have a chance with a 2 p.m. deadline locally, but no way in heck with 4 p.m.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #1145
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

Perhaps you would be interested in a loan...as Master of Coin, I have access to certain accounts that could be accessed by someone in a time of need.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #1146
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
My concept there is to then get it all done before I leave for the other job. Hasn't happened successfully yet, but that's the concept. I have a chance with a 2 p.m. deadline locally, but no way in heck with 4 p.m.

It's not the end of the world
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #1147
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Perhaps you would be interested in a loan...as Master of Coin, I have access to certain accounts that could be accessed by someone in a time of need.

I would like to hear all the services you might be able to provide. Perhaps you could contact me.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #1148
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc - any chance Alan would be willing to step in and help you out Chief)?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #1149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Tomorrow I believe I shall begin making someone else pay for their actions against my son. I find it highly amusing that you adopt the role of the wounded victim in this when you have no conceivable claim on the throne by law and my son is stripped of his supporters because he showed more respect for the law than you have.

And I do not know who this Jesus is of whom you speak.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #1150
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I believe the Lady knows exactly what she is doing Lord Renly.

I do not disguise my intent behind honeyed words and whispers in corridors. I vote openly for my interests for all to read my intent. An alien concept to you I realise my lord and one I am sure that you can paint any way you like whilst acting as messenger boy to the lords of the realm.