Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #11401
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I should add a 3 in there.

3 - Why were the girls not wearing this kinda stuff when I was that age.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #11402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Need picks
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #11403
cuervo72
Head Coach

By "and that's it" I'm assuming you don't actually mean she was going commando...
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #11404
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I didn't see no panty lines, and, dirty old man or not, I couldn't NOT stare.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #11405
booradley
High School Varsity

Have you ever been reading an old thread, and come across a post that makes you go "OMG! That's exactly what I think!" and THEN you realize the post was YOURS??? Yeah, me neither ...
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #11406
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Have you ever been reading an old thread, and come across a post that makes you go "OMG! That's exactly what I think!" and THEN you realize the post was YOURS??? Yeah, me neither ...

The posts are coming FROM INSIDE YOUR OWN HOUSE!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #11407
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post

No, but I've thought, "that's a dumb post, what is this guy even blabbering about?", and then cringed when I realized the post was mine.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #11408
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I've done both.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #11409
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Jesus.

So me and a coworker are at lunch, and apparently the high school had let the kids out for lunch. Girl there wearing a skin tight spandex red dress that went down just enough to cover her ass, and that's it.

1 - What parent on the planet would let their kid out wearing that, to school no less.
2 - How the hell did the school not send her home.

This reminds me that 18-year-olds are now 1 year outside the old (X/2)+7 rule as applied to myself. Before long, college-aged girls will be out of the question, too.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #11410
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
This reminds me that 18-year-olds are now 1 year outside the old (X/2)+7 rule as applied to myself. Before long, college-aged girls will be out of the question, too.

You're breaking my heart over here.

(My hypothetical limit, if I were available, is now 30! And thanks ever so much for making me figure that out just now)
Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #11411
Izulde
Head Coach

I've never paid attention to the half + 7 rule (In fact, I've broken it on at least one occasion), but in a little over a month's time, it's going to have 24 as the limit according to it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #11412
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So I have been a big fan of Mike and Mike in the morning for the past several years. They are quite enjoyable on the 20 minute drive to work. This morning I stayed home with my kid who is sick and decided to put them on ESPN2 in the background. They have been talking Heat/Bulls for the past 2 hours. Did people really listen to this shit for longer periods of time than I usually do? How do the listeners and Mike and Mike not go insane?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #11413
cuervo72
Head Coach

I have a 45 minute ride to work. I ditched them for Czaban years ago.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #11414
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So I have been a big fan of Mike and Mike in the morning for the past several years. They are quite enjoyable on the 20 minute drive to work. This morning I stayed home with my kid who is sick and decided to put them on ESPN2 in the background. They have been talking Heat/Bulls for the past 2 hours. Did people really listen to this shit for longer periods of time than I usually do? How do the listeners and Mike and Mike not go insane?

Between that and the commercials every 4 minutes, I can't imagine any one does. It's such a complete waste of time.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #11415
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Since going over the 30 minute mark for the commute, I've done books on CD

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #11416
britrock88
Pro Starter

Radio is for music? ???
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #11417
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Between that and the commercials every 4 minutes, I can't imagine any one does. It's such a complete waste of time.

i gave up on them a long time ago because of this
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #11418
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post

I heard a stat once, and I know we have some media people here who can correct me, but I believe the average person listens to a show for only 15 minutes, so it isn't surprising when these shows repeat themselves for 2 hours.

I can listen to Mike and Mike as long as they are staying away from the schtick. When they talk sports I like them, when they do material I can't stand it. I prefer Evan and Phillips on Maddog, but they get old at time also when they argue for arguments sake.

That being said, I have only a 15 minute commute.I miss being on the west coast when Dan Patrick and the Herd were on during my AM commute. I prefer them both.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #11419
molson
General Manager

I smashed my Samsung galaxy note phone, the screen destroyed, I can't see anything at all on it, and even though the overall damage appears to be minimal (It was insured, new phone on the way tomorrow, photos and contacts have been saved via USB already), I still feel this weird sense of panic. Part of that is I know it will be kind of a pain in the ass to get everything going on the new phone, but I think really its some kind of modern, first-world problem, tech-related mental illness. Like, I'm so connected to technology I feel a real loss and a sense of disorder and chaos and panic over this. I maybe need to go on a technology vacation or something.

Edit: One cool thing about this is the revelation that my dog is a apparently a hearing-ear dog now. I was walking him with my MP3 headphones on at the time, the phone was in my pocket and the ringer volume was really low, but when the phone rang, he sat and looked at me and wouldn't continue until I realized by phone was ringing. Then I dropped it.

Last edited by molson : 05-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #11420
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I heard a stat once, and I know we have some media people here who can correct me, but I believe the average person listens to a show for only 15 minutes, so it isn't surprising when these shows repeat themselves for 2 hours.

Time Spent Listening (abbreviated as TSL) varies by format & by daypart.

The average listener spends anywhere from about 50 minutes to about 95 minutes with a station, but what the combination of changing behaviors & changed measurement methods (PPM) has shown is more about how that listening takes place. That listener who spends about an hour a day with a single station now does so in roughly a half dozen bursts of 10 minutes at a time.

So with all the data considered, repeats (whether it's talk, music, news, whatever) occur more frequently in morning & afternoon drivetime when TSL per session is lower, less frequently during middays & nights when TSL is longer than average.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #11421
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Edit: One cool thing about this is the revelation that my dog is a apparently a hearing-ear dog now. I was walking him with my MP3 headphones on at the time, the phone was in my pocket and the ringer volume was really low, but when the phone rang, he sat and looked at me and wouldn't continue until I realized by phone was ringing. Then I dropped it.

Heh... if you weren't too busy looking after your phone, you probably would have seen your dog roll his eyes at you when you dropped the phone, lol.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #11422
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Do we have a trying new foods thread or something like that? I see we have the Food Aversions thread and that Plant Diet thread.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-08-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #11423
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I talked to a radio station owner and she said they plan around people listening for 15 minutes. This is why if you listen for too long things get repeated to death.

Also: Edgar Wright's The World's End Debuts A Hilarious, Creepy First Trailer - CinemaBlend.com
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #11424
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There is a horny cardinal (the bird kind, not St. Louis, Arizona, Louisville, Stanford or Catholic kind) that is driving me nuts. He sees his reflection in a couple of the windows at my house, and he spends minutes at a time trying to battle it. I'm surprised he hasn't knocked himself out with the mount of banging against the window he's done over the past few days.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #11425
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Listening to the radio is too much like work to me. Plus what is out there completely sucks. That's why I have an iPod. All the music I like, and if I don't want to listen to the song I have the ability to skip it.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #11426
korme
Go Reds

Eh, nothing beats SVP & Russillo, and you can get the condensed non-commercial version through iTunes
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #11427
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Listening to the radio is too much like work to me. Plus what is out there completely sucks. That's why I have an iPod. All the music I like, and if I don't want to listen to the song I have the ability to skip it.

Oddly enough for the past couple months I have been listening to the radio exclusively. I don't know why. With all my music at my fingertips I still got bored of it and enjoy the randomness of what the radio may play or listening to the DJ even if he is an idiot. Somehow I feel connected to the world more (that sounds stupid I know)..

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 05-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #11428
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Oddly enough for the past couple months I have been listening to the radio exclusively. I don't know why. With all my music at my fingertips I still got bored of it and enjoy the randomness of what the radio may play or listening to the DJ even if he is an idiot. Somehow I feel connected to the world more (that sounds stupid I know)..

Most DJs are idiots...so odds are good your are listening to one.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #11429
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, I've been meaning to get into podcasts more but at the moment my longest drive is 15 minutes.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 05-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #11430
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Most DJs are idiots...so odds are good your are listening to one.

I was one and completely agree with this statement.

Best off-air story... I come in to do an overnight shift. The guy on until midnight did the love songs show. Silky smooth voice, etc. So I walk in the studio right after ripping a fart in the hallway & tell him he owes me one for not letting it go in the studio. Before he can say anything the smell hit me. It wasn't me. He says "Don't say anything!" It's much worse than a fart though. As I ask "did you?" he says "I tried to wait until you got in to go, but couldn't hold it."

Then man sat there in the radio studio doing a love songs program while he shit himself.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #11431
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Site is officially going downhill. I'm getting a popup banner-ad at the bottom of the screen as I visit the forum from my iPad.

Fuck that shit.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #11432
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I was one and completely agree with this statement.

Best off-air story... I come in to do an overnight shift. The guy on until midnight did the love songs show. Silky smooth voice, etc. So I walk in the studio right after ripping a fart in the hallway & tell him he owes me one for not letting it go in the studio. Before he can say anything the smell hit me. It wasn't me. He says "Don't say anything!" It's much worse than a fart though. As I ask "did you?" he says "I tried to wait until you got in to go, but couldn't hold it."

Then man sat there in the radio studio doing a love songs program while he shit himself.

Did he play Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)"? Maybe "Love Stinks"?

Last edited by Kodos : 05-08-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #11433
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Total randomness with LinkedIn today/yesterday.

Backstory: a few years ago I got an email thanking me for my donation to an NPR station in New England. I didn't donate to an NPR station in New England, so I opened the email and saw that someone named Kate with my same last name had donated; somehow I had gotten the email meant for her. I called the number that was listed as hers on the donation receipt and spoke to her husband, got the correct email address to forward it to (her email address is the same as mine but with a few numbers on the end). Over the last couple of years, I've received the occasional email intended for her and forwarded it along, no big deal.

So on Tuesday morning, I got a LinkedIn request to link with a coworker, which I followed and accepted, and LinkedIn did the "you might also know these people" thing. I scrolled through the list, just seeing who I hadn't linked with, and found that Kate is on the list, listed as a 3rd degree connection. So, someone I'm linked to is linked to someone who is linked to her. I decided to read her public profile and it turns out she works in the same industry, for a company up in Boston. Needless to say, I sent her a request to link, mentioning in the request how funny it was that we were in the same extended family and in the same field but never met each other or knew it.

Today she accepted my link request and sent me a message. It turns out she did her senior project at Goddard Space Flight Center in Fall, 2001. During that time, she lived in College Park, MD. Of course, at that time I was living in College Park, starting my Master's program.

Small freaking world, eh?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #11434
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Hmmm... can't go in the child molester hot or not thread, cuz she's a murderer.

I say "hot."

BBC News - Jodi Arias convicted of premeditated murder of boyfriend
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #11435
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm... can't go in the child molester hot or not thread, cuz she's a murderer.

I say "hot."

BBC News - Jodi Arias convicted of premeditated murder of boyfriend

Dude, she breaks the Crazy/Hot scale...she isn't hot enough to warrant her type of fruity loops.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #11436
Suicane75
Coordinator

It occurs to me that having a baby must feel a lot taking the best dump ever.

I was on the phone with a friend today, a Mexican lass, and she was doing laundry and lamenting how she hoped to finish soon so she could go exercise. I replied with all my wit, "Isn't laundry just Mexican exercise?"

Then, as we both laughed uproariously, I googled "Laundry is just Mexican exercise" to see if it had ever been logged on the internet as being said before. It hadn't. I felt proud. If all I leave behind is the creation of a racist joke, I'll be ok with that.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #11437
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Had a depressing thought about just how much time has flown. A lot of you surely remember "Black Betty" from Ram Jam's hit song in the late 70s.

It hit me that, odds are, she's very likely a great-grandmother now.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #11438
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Had a depressing thought about just how much time has flown. A lot of you surely remember "Black Betty" from Ram Jam's hit song in the late 70s.

Someone from here, I think FrogMan, posted on Facebook a pic stating "I still think 1990 was 10 years ago."

Most definitely.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #11439
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Black Betty is probably a whole lot older than that, even.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #11440
molson
General Manager

I think this is kind of under the radar nationally but One World Trade is almost done, it's opening in the next 8 months or so, and just this morning it became the largest building in the western hemisphere. NYC is going to have an entirely new skyline soon.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #11441
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I think this is kind of under the radar nationally but One World Trade is almost done, it's opening in the next 8 months or so, and just this morning it became the largest building in the western hemisphere. NYC is going to have an entirely new skyline soon.

Largest? Or tallest?

Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #11442
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Largest? Or tallest?

Should have said tallest, yes.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #11443
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Black Betty is probably a whole lot older than that, even.

On FB I actually addressed that, just figured I'd keep it short here.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #11444
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just looking at pics from earlier today at my son's school ...

I forget what they call it but every kid -- athlete or not -- officially declares their college choice, wears their new school colors, etc. etc. I love how happy (relieved more likely) they look, love how the school makes a big deal of it all. I know a fair number of these seniors, lots of ups as well as a few downs in the outcomes but at least for today it all looks very shiny & bright .

And I wonder what it'll feel like 3 years from now.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #11445
korme
Go Reds

Gatsby was a sketchy dude, but you'd definitely go to one of his parties, right?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #11446
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Gatsby was a sketchy dude, but you'd definitely go to one of his parties, right?

Yeah, but I'd probably skip the funeral.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #11447
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Dude, she breaks the Crazy/Hot scale...she isn't hot enough to warrant her type of fruity loops.

No chick is hot enough to deal with redrum. If she was at the bar & smiled though, without the whole crazy thing...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #11448
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

"All I'm saying is that I don't want to hear any of these moms of w-h-i-t-e girls complaining about dealing with tangles in their hair!"

My blue-blood UNC Tri-Delt wife uttered the words above while doing our four-year-old's hair a few minutes ago.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #11449
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Did she spell out the "W" word?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #11450
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Did she spell out the "W" word?

Yes. We figure the little ones will learn soon enough to classify people by race, size, looks, etc. No reason to rush that process.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote