Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #11351
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Are you going to refuse to never speak to him again until he apologizes for Chone Figgins?

I'm figuring that balances out with getting Felix to sign an extension. Hate to admit it but I was a big fan of the Figgins trade. For about four months.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #11352
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

My condo has been for sale for less than a week. Tomorrow is the 4th showing.

My realtor told me that she was informed by one realtor that the guy who looked at it decided not to make an offer because he was concerned about the lack of parking for his bible study friends. (I feel like God blocked me! LOL) and he was worried about "fitting in." Whatever.

Of the other two so far, one offer is in & my realtor told me the other realtor had accessed her listing tonight, so it looks like another is coming. The one offer that is in must not be very good, as my realtor hasn't even told me the amount... only that we need to get together & she wants to see another offer. Before the offer she told me the guy with the offer is FHA approved, and that basically means he'd be buying on credit & would be making a low offer. Too bad the other guy didn't find it appropriate, as he was supposedly approved for more more than twice what I have it listed at.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #11353
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #11354
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Thanks... good video.

She was well recommended by some people on a local message board. Yeah... I know. Trusting the internet. But she's already better than the assfudge that I got when buying the place. As I heard & found out, when it comes to realtors it's a real crapshoot.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #11355
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Thanks... good video.

She was well recommended by some people on a local message board. Yeah... I know. Trusting the internet. But she's already better than the assfudge that I got when buying the place. As I heard & found out, when it comes to realtors it's a real crapshoot.
No problem. Was just the first thing I thought of when I saw your post. Good luck with the whole process!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #11356
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Last time I sold a place I got really, truly screwed.

The house next door was for sale, so not knowing anything I called the number & talked to the same realtor selling next door. It had been on the market a while & he told me they were asking WAY too much. He told me what my place was worth & that he already had a buyer... his mom. Said she was looking for an investment property to rent out. I was so far in debt, and not knowing anything, I sold it to her. One year later they flipped it for $20k more ($50k/$70k)

The truly sad thing about that house is that it resold a few years later for over $100k, then the guy lost it in the housing crash. It was then stripped by scrappers & sold for $7300.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #11357
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
My condo has been for sale for less than a week. Tomorrow is the 4th showing.

My realtor told me that she was informed by one realtor that the guy who looked at it decided not to make an offer because he was concerned about the lack of parking for his bible study friends. (I feel like God blocked me! LOL) and he was worried about "fitting in." Whatever.

Of the other two so far, one offer is in & my realtor told me the other realtor had accessed her listing tonight, so it looks like another is coming. The one offer that is in must not be very good, as my realtor hasn't even told me the amount... only that we need to get together & she wants to see another offer. Before the offer she told me the guy with the offer is FHA approved, and that basically means he'd be buying on credit & would be making a low offer. Too bad the other guy didn't find it appropriate, as he was supposedly approved for more more than twice what I have it listed at.

If another offer wasn't impending, I'd recommend that you fire your agent immediately.

Your agent has a fiduciary duty to present you every offer. That's their job. They can advise you whether or not you should accept that offer, but they do not have power of attorney and they do not judge what offers are acceptable or unacceptable unless you've specifically given them that right. For them to withhold an offer is a serious breach of that duty. Considering that another offer is incoming, I don't think I'd fire the agent. But I'd be on the phone this morning making it very clear that the agent present that offer and every single other offer without delay. I'd also document the entire chain of events and send that to the agent's broker. In this particular case, the agent and their company could be liable if you are harmed due to their breach of their duty (i.e., your house doesn't sell and that costs you money).

I fucking hate real estate agents for shit like this.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #11358
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Your agent has a fiduciary duty to present you every offer. That's their job. They can advise you whether or not you should accept that offer, but they do not have power of attorney and they do not judge what offers are acceptable or unacceptable unless you've specifically given them that right.

This, this, 1000x this.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #11359
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I brought my dog into the office today so the coast was clear for the showing.

This woman with a beautiful rack (and that shitty attitude I always like) got into a petting frenzy with him. She was wearing a low top & bent over perfectly

Today is a good day.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #11360
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Apple has more cash $145bn than the total valuation of all of the teams in all four major pro sports leagues. (Hell, I imagine MLS could thrown in there too, if anyone cared.)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #11361
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My son's school just won their 27th straight Region/Area title in boys tennis. That boggles my f'n mind just a bit. The kids who won the first one are almost my age now.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #11362
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My son's school just won their 27th straight Region/Area title in boys tennis. That boggles my f'n mind just a bit. The kids who won the first one are almost my age now.

Very cool. Does he play, Jon?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #11363
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Very cool. Does he play, Jon?

He was the bottom of this year's JV squad (just a freshman) but I think this would have boggled me a bit even if he didn't play.

And amidst the public/private controversies that are now part of most HS sports storylines in Georgia, I think this is notable because the streak has been against a pretty wide range of teams. At different times their region (or now the new Area system) has included private powerhouses like Wesleyan, public powerhouse athletic departments like Buford, it's pretty much been all comers.
The first 26 region titles have been the forerunners to 12 state championships, the quest for #13 starts next week.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #11364
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
He was the bottom of this year's JV squad (just a freshman) but I think this would have boggled me a bit even if he didn't play.

And amidst the public/private controversies that are now part of most HS sports storylines in Georgia, I think this is notable because the streak has been against a pretty wide range of teams. At different times their region (or now the new Area system) has included private powerhouses like Wesleyan, public powerhouse athletic departments like Buford, it's pretty much been all comers.
The first 26 region titles have been the forerunners to 12 state championships, the quest for #13 starts next week.

3A school isn't bad and 12 state titles is 12 state titles by any standard. Impressive.

As for the guy at the bottom of the JV ladder, I know that the road the 2nd doubles on varsity looks far from where he is now, but I've seen a lot of players over the years manage to cut out the distance..it's just a matter of whether he wants it enough and works on his game all year around. Not sure that's the goal, just saying, it's probably more possible in tennis than in most sports because of the format.

Of course, in Colorado..it's 4 single and 4 doubles on a team. Which is of course, ridiculous. Matches take way too long. What's even better is, because there are only two classes of tennis in Colorado (5A and 4A, everyone lower than 4A has to play up to it if they want to field a team) a lot of the gigantic schools will have more than one "varsity" team. Literally named Varsity 2 and I think Cherry Creek even has a Varsity 3 team. Yes, there are poor bastards who end up on JV even at those schools.

I think I'd have found that horrendously depressing.

These teams will play JV teams or smaller school varsity squads. They get varsity letters, but obviously don't get to play for state or anything else. Yet, I know a kid who was working with a pro that started 36th on the schools depth chart when he started and worked his way to a singles spot on varsity.

So again...just takes a bit of work, but it's doable.

Thus ends the rant about high school tennis. Good luck at state, even though you're not playing.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #11365
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I hit a possum on the way home. I tried to avoid it, but still got it. When I looked back it wasn't dead. Looked more like its back was broken and it was trying to run away, but the front of its body was just laying there & twitching. I backed up (missing when in reverse) and ran it over again in an attempt to put it out of its misery. After strike two it slowed down, but still wasn't dead. I didn't have it in me to run it over a third time. Maybe I'm a wussy city boy, but I feel bad about it.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #11366
thesloppy
Pro Starter

How do you think the kid in the possum suit feels?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #11367
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
How do you think the kid in the possum suit feels?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #11368
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I had a massive lower leg cramp in my left leg on Friday afternoon. It was so bad that it took a good 5 minutes to relax out. It was bad enough that my leg still hurts today, I can barely walk.

Wow.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #11369
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wait a minute. TK has pain in a part of her body?

I'm SHOCKED. :P
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #11370
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Wait a minute. TK has pain in a part of her body?

I'm SHOCKED. :P

Well, I've been taking 800 mg of Advil every 6 hours or so. I shouldn't be hurting. Alas...my back still hurts, and my calf is sore from the stupid cramp.

/tk
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #11371
Suicane75
Coordinator

I feel like this is all a slow dance up to someone at NASA looking over your file and saying "fuck it, let's make her bionic".
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #11372
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Signed up for this: NASA - Spot The Station

Last two times it's been overhead, me and the kids ran outside to check it out. I'd always thought one would need at best binoculars to see the space station pass overhead, but it's as bright as a star. The kids have gotten a big kick out of watching it fly be (almost as much as myself).
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #11373
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Funny thing about age. They were almost your age back then too!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #11374
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So it just occured to me that the 10 days of Cipro (1000mg a day) I was on to kill the kidney infection must have annihilated all the good-bacteria in my body too, and that's why I've been disgustingly gassy/burpy/stomch growly ever since, and I just had the runs. Good digestive bacteria are working to rebuild their colonies.

Not fun times.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #11375
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I have a couple of cousins who love to post about how awesome marriage is and how their life is complete now that they have kids. It annoys me to no end.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #11376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So it just occured to me that the 10 days of Cipro (1000mg a day) I was on to kill the kidney infection must have annihilated all the good-bacteria in my body too, and that's why I've been disgustingly gassy/burpy/stomch growly ever since, and I just had the runs. Good digestive bacteria are working to rebuild their colonies.

Not fun times.

eat yogurt
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #11377
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Funny thing about age. They were almost your age back then too!

{hangs head}

Can't argue your point though
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #11378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
eat yogurt

Yep - I have been for that reason. I should probably eat more though.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #11379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

When I get all down on humanity, every so often a nice story seems to come along to restore some of my faith in the younger generation.

Segregated prom tradition yields to unity - CNN.com

Sure it took 40 years...but it's nice to see continued evolution in attitudes.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #11380
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When I get all down on humanity, every so often a nice story seems to come along to restore some of my faith in the younger generation.

Segregated prom tradition yields to unity - CNN.com

Sure it took 40 years...but it's nice to see continued evolution in attitudes.

"About a hundred people showed up" ... I'm assuming that's 100 students.

In a 400 student HS, figure 150 of those of juniors/seniors ... anybody remember how many attended the private versions of previous years? (edit to add: the descriptions of the parties I recall reading seemed to suggest more than this number)

If people want to be happy with the symbolism I'd say have at it ... but this doesn't sound like a roaring success in terms of being what the students wanted from an event either.

$5 says next year, once the manufactured media spectacle subsides, draws less than 50% of eligible students.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-30-2013 at 01:47 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #11381
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"About a hundred people showed up" ... I'm assuming that's 100 students.

In a 400 student HS, figure 150 of those of juniors/seniors ... anybody remember how many attended the private versions of previous years? (edit to add: the descriptions of the parties I recall reading seemed to suggest more than this number)

If people want to be happy with the symbolism I'd say have at it ... but this doesn't sound like a roaring success in terms of being what the students wanted from an event either.

$5 says next year, once the manufactured media spectacle subsides, draws less than 50% of eligible students.

It's a start. Superintendent even says in the story that the school may hold a prom next year. I'd be willing to wager $5 that the # of attendees will continue going up over time.

Prom's aren't usually open to all grades either - at least in my experience here up North - not sure if that's different down there.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #11382
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
{hangs head}

Can't argue your point though

Well, I wasn't tyring to make you feel bad about your age.

I'm no spring chicken anymore either, lol.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #11383
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Prom's aren't usually open to all grades either - at least in my experience here up North - not sure if that's different down there.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to (about 400 students but maybe 100-150 Jr/Sr).

If somebody remembers seeing a head count from one of the older stories on this, that 100 students figure seemed lower than I recalled but maybe it's equal or higher. That's just not my already fading impression of it.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #11384
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was referring to (about 400 students but maybe 100-150 Jr/Sr).

If somebody remembers seeing a head count from one of the older stories on this, that 100 students figure seemed lower than I recalled but maybe it's equal or higher. That's just not my already fading impression of it.

So assuming most brought people from within the class (as opposed to other schools or whatever), that's like 2/3 of the eligable attendees?

I don't think that's a low % at all. Even factoring in some fudging - hell I think anything in the neighborhood of 50% is very good.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #11385
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think that's a low % at all. Even factoring in some fudging - hell I think anything in the neighborhood of 50% is very good.

Which brings me back to what I was saying ... it's not good if it's less than the other affairs were getting.

With a little Googling (when I absolutely ought to be working ... but oh well) I found what seems to be the most detailed piece on the history of the proms (a college student's essay/blog post from a couple of years ago). The "community prom" drew 27 people total in 2009. I don't see attendance figures for the "private" proms.

The bottom line for me is -- within the limits of the law -- "let the kids do what makes them happy". If that's 50 Cent or Kenny Chesney, whatever works for them, have at it. I don't believe that's remotely possible in a situation largely manufactured by a media frenzy (hence my prediction for the return to the status quo by as early as next year).

I've seen one of these manufactured situations from a fairly close vantage point: I was already working press by the time the Forsyth County, GA controversy erupted. What no one but the locals ever seemed to care about was how few protestors on either side had ever stepped foot in Forsyth County until that whole deal went down (most couldn't have found it on a map). They didn't have the luck that my own hometown had a couple of decades earlier in a similar manufactured situation.

That time, whites met the Klan at the county line & turned 'em back, blacks met the NAACP at the county line and turned them back as well. We weren't without issues where I grew up, but both the problems & the solutions were going to be homegrown, something that both races* agreed on pretty thoroughly.

*If there were 10 hispanics and asians combined in the county where I was growing up there I'd be surprised, hence my "both races" phrasing
Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #11386
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Not fun times.

Just be glad you're not a girl. I was on 3.5 weeks or so of antibiotics after I got back from Luxembourg and when I was in Boston. Skipping yogurt was NOT an option.

/tk
Old 04-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #11387
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I just realized that NCIS (the TV show) has done a good job with continuity...the guy who played the NCIS director in the first 2 seasons and then "took a job with Homeland" shows up again in 2013 (season 10) as the Homeland Security director.

/tk
Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #11388
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Just be glad you're not a girl. I was on 3.5 weeks or so of antibiotics after I got back from Luxembourg and when I was in Boston. Skipping yogurt was NOT an option.

/tk

Poor tk!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #11389
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Random question - looking to getting my first credit card. I don't need a huge limit, just looking for something for back up and possibly earning rewards. I have no plans on carrying a balance. I currently only have a checking account through PNC, not sure if getting a credit card through them would be easier/better. There are so many options - does anyone have knowledge in this area?

Last edited by INDalltheway : 04-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #11390
Autumn
Head Coach

go here Credit Cards - Compare Credit Card Offers at CreditCards.com and you can look through the kind of offers you want. Souinds like you don't need to worry about interest rates, so you want something with no annual fee and a good cashback offer.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #11391
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
So random. Still , so me. Recently bought a T-Shirt off Ebay that I came across. No big deal.

Got the same size I get in stores, large, came in and put it on.

Lemedium? I dunno. Im not an XL Tshirt guy, but this was a bit tight. y'know. sleeves an inch or so up, tight. close across the chest. Im all about motivation losing 10 lbs, but this is no LARGE shirt. Still, one does not pay 20+ bucks for a t-shirt that they dont want to wear and enjoy.

Guess Im dropping some weight and making that happen.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #11392
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Dola, if you dont know the shirt. well....

its fucking awesome
Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #11393
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Random question - looking to getting my first credit card. I don't need a huge limit, just looking for something for back up and possibly earning rewards. I have no plans on carrying a balance. I currently only have a checking account through PNC, not sure if getting a credit card through them would be easier/better. There are so many options - does anyone have knowledge in this area?

I'm a big fan of Chase Sapphire (Sapphire Preferred if you do a lot of travelling, particularly internationally).
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #11394
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I love getting sales spiffs I didn't think I was going to get.....it's a feeling of hitting a nice little jackpot...in this case, $650....
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #11395
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to breed.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #11396
korme
Go Reds

In a sweaty fit of rage I buzzed my head last night.

I immediately regretted that decision.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #11397
Kodos
Resident Alien

Pix please
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #11398
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Chase Sapphire (Sapphire Preferred if you do a lot of travelling, particularly internationally).

I love my Sapphire as it basically paid for a lot of our trip to Russia. However, it does have an annual fee that's annoying and it's a reason why I consider dropping it every year when it's time to renew.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #11399
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Jesus.

So me and a coworker are at lunch, and apparently the high school had let the kids out for lunch. Girl there wearing a skin tight spandex red dress that went down just enough to cover her ass, and that's it.

1 - What parent on the planet would let their kid out wearing that, to school no less.
2 - How the hell did the school not send her home.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #11400
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Jesus.

So me and a coworker are at lunch, and apparently the high school had let the kids out for lunch. Girl there wearing a skin tight spandex red dress that went down just enough to cover her ass, and that's it.

1 - What parent on the planet would let their kid out wearing that, to school no less.
2 - How the hell did the school not send her home.

can't stifle their creativity.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote