Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #11201
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
similarly, I just recently discovered that Clapton played on While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I enjoy Clapton and Harrison's collaboration, but the fact that Eric stole Pattie Boyd from George leaves me a little sour.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #11202
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I enjoy Clapton and Harrison's collaboration, but the fact that Eric stole Pattie Boyd from George leaves me a little sour.

Any wrote one of the prettiest songs in music about her too.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #11203
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

had a somewhat heated IM exchange with a co-worker which lead to said co-worker typing this:

"Whatever....communication without the sarcasm would be helpful"

it took every ounce of strength in my body to ignore that. somewhere, however, I know there is an irony alarm going off.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #11204
PilotMan
Head Coach

Im still in shock that people shell out 200 bucks for headphones. I mean really. Just headphones. I know it's all about the look, the name, and lastly the sound, but still 200 bucks!

Like Steam?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #11205
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Agreed that the headphones are crazy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #11206
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Must be nice to be a pretty girl...we sat down and had a networking-drink for all of 45 minutes with a girl last week who was hoping to work for us...she emailed us today asking us if we'd register her for this conference next week ($300) "because otherwise I'll have to pay."

Seriously!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess that's how the world works if you're a pretty girl though.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #11207
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Im still in shock that people shell out 200 bucks for headphones. I mean really. Just headphones. I know it's all about the look, the name, and lastly the sound, but still 200 bucks!

I was just thinking about this last night. Sure, the beatsbydre headphones are very stylish... but in what practical situation am I going to wear big headphones like that? At home, nope, I've got a bose. At work, obviously not. At social events, no. Out running? Wouldn't it be super sluggish and inconvienient compared to earbuds?

So where does the time for wearing huge headphones go to?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #11208
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The "huge" headphones is about the quality of the sound. I wear my Sony MDR-7506's when working in radio & would wear them on the train when I lived in NYC. Are they "stylish" like the Dre cans? Nope. But they sound a hell of a lot better & cost half as much. Since they have been the DJ standard for about 30 years they tend to last too.

The only things that annoyed me were the vinyl earpads & the non-removable cord. $20 for replacement velour pads & less than $10 for male/female plugs. A little cutting, alteration & soldering and I have my own sweet-ass headphones!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #11209
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I have a pair of ear buds that cost 140 and pair of closed that were like 170. I prefer headphones and the sound quality is worth it imo
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #11210
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I bought some Bose AE-2s from someone here who had one them. Paid $100 (normally $150) which is quite a bit for me to spend on myself and probably more than I'd spent total on all other headphones I'd ever purchased in my 40+ years.

Definitely worth the money, but I agree with Shorty in that there's a limited number of situations to wear them. I use them on my computer at home when I either don't want to disturb others in the room or, more often, when I don't want to be distracted by the kids' TV. We're going to Florida in a few weeks and I'm very excited to have them on the plane.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #11211
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that said, if I ever won the lottery, I'd own a pair of beats in every color
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #11212
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
that said, if I ever won the lottery, I'd own a pair of beats in every color

I found the sound of the beats to be rather flat. Comparable to a $30 set of cheapos.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #11213
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I have a pair of ear buds that cost 140 and pair of closed that were like 170. I prefer headphones and the sound quality is worth it imo

Ear buds for $140? Really?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #11214
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Unsanded grout is sooooo much better to work with than sanded.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #11215
PilotMan
Head Coach

You know part of it might be that I wear a big David Clark headset for work all the time. This thing is old. I've been using them for 14 years now, and they were used by 2 pilots for a good 15 years at least before me. They weight over a pound. Still, I didn't pay a penny for them, and only had them out for repair once. I would have loved to drop a grand on a really nice Bose headset, but they work fine for me. Maybe after I get me next job I'll break down and get a really nice set that isn't so heavy.

I love the sound of the Dre's but damn. Especially when I see so many kids with them. Like they have that kind of disposable income that Dre's become necessary. Plus the fact that they are an accessory to the actual equipment. By themselves they are totally worthless.

Like Steam?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #11216
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Must be nice to be a pretty girl...we sat down and had a networking-drink for all of 45 minutes with a girl last week who was hoping to work for us...she emailed us today asking us if we'd register her for this conference next week ($300) "because otherwise I'll have to pay."

Seriously!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess that's how the world works if you're a pretty girl though.

So did they register her for the conference?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #11217
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

hollywood is so shitty that i'm fantasizing about a competent filmmaker 'rebooting the franchise' while i'm watching the trailer (wolverine)
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #11218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
So did they register her for the conference?

LMAO nope - not unless my business partner did it after we talked but without me knowing (which is doubtful).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #11219
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
hollywood is so shitty that i'm fantasizing about a competent filmmaker 'rebooting the franchise' while i'm watching the trailer (wolverine)

I like how they've already remade Olympus Has Fallen.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #11220
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I really shouldn't confess how much I've spent on headphones this year alone.

For "reference," I looked at my desk at work today and realized I had 4 pairs of headphones/earphones on my desk.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #11221
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ear buds for $140? Really?

Yes sir.

Amazon.com: Shure SE215-K Earphones and CBL-M-+K Music Phone Cable with Remote + Mic for iPhone, iPod and iPad: Home Audio & Theater
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #11222
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

i thought about getting these

Amazon.com: Ultrasone PRO 750 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones: Electronics
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #11223
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Earbuds hurt my ears and I feel like I'm getting an infection. The in ear canal ones especially. The cans also tend to hurt as well. Basically the only ones I can tolerate are the ones that clip around the back of the ear or the headphones that go around the back of the neck. I also feel like I'm going deaf fwiw.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #11224
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Audiophile, eh? My cousin is an acoustical engineer and Shure is his brand of choice.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #11225
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

All this headphone talk makes me wonder how many hours I spent wearing 'phones during my radio days.

That probably also goes a long way toward explaining why I'm not a big fan of wearing them now.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #11226
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think it's some convergence of how much money do you have to spend on something (i.e. lot of excess income: $200 is nothing, I suppose) and how much time do you use them (suddenly, if you use something for 8 hours a week 200+ days a year at work, $200 is a few cents per hour).

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #11227
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I went through about 6 ear buds until I found these:
Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

They are amazing. Sound great and are comfortable. That said, I bought them on impulse when I saw them on sale for $99. Not sure I'd pay north of $200 for in ear buds.

For over the ear non-portable headphones I've been using HD 600's hooked up to a Headroom amp for years and years now. Cost a pretty penny, but I've had them for around 6 years now I think and no plans to replace anytime soon. Maybe the amp at some point.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-28-2013 at 07:21 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #11228
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Oh dear. An unfortunate choice of words........

Quote:
Idaho teacher who used word 'vagina' during biology lesson faces reprimand

An Idaho biology teacher is reportedly being probed by a state commission after parents complained he used the word “vagina” during a lesson on the human reproductive system.

Idaho teacher who used word 'vagina' during biology lesson faces reprimand | Fox News

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #11229
cuervo72
Head Coach

Pretty sure these are what I wear at work 8+ hours each day (whether I actually have music on or not): Amazon.com: Sony MDRZX300/BLK Outdoor Headphones: Electronics
Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #11230
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sinus infections really do suck.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #11231
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Apparently it was a Biology class and he was teaching the "biology of an orgasm."

I must have been absent the day we needed to learn about orgasms when I took biology.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #11232
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

10th graders. WTF?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #11233
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
10th graders. WTF?

I know I was in 10th grade when we did human reproduction in biology. Our teacher had us watch a video that showed an infrared image of a penis ejaculating inside a vagina. It was nothing we wanted to see and had no real benefit to us, he just didn't want to teach it in class. Lol.

Like Steam?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #11234
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know I was in 10th grade when we did human reproduction in biology. Our teacher had us watch a video that showed an infrared image of a penis ejaculating inside a vagina. It was nothing we wanted to see and had no real benefit to us, he just didn't want to teach it in class. Lol.

I saw that and graphic pictures/videos of STD infected genitalia, kids were fainting and gagging(seriously). That was 9th grade. So I guess I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #11235
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I wonder if anyone at Geico realized before selecting "Midnight Rider" for their latest motorcycle insurance commercial that two members of the Allman Brothers died in motorcycle wrecks.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #11236
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I went through about 6 ear buds until I found these:
Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

They are amazing. Sound great and are comfortable. That said, I bought them on impulse when I saw them on sale for $99. Not sure I'd pay north of $200 for in ear buds.

For over the ear non-portable headphones I've been using SD600's hooked up to a Headroom amp for years and years now. Cost a pretty penny, but I've had them for around 6 years now I think and no plans to replace anytime soon. Maybe the amp at some point.

UE's are nice. I have UE350's and am kind of lusting after the newest to the UE line. I also really like Etymotic Research buds.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #11237
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

First time ever... I just got an amber alert on my phone. Had it nearly 2 years. Almost 1am and my phone freaks the hell out. WTF? Amber alert?

By the way, I should mention if you are in the Flint, MI area & see a silver Chrysler Cirrus, CJN 4569, call the cops.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #11238
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Posted 6 minutes ago
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Deonte Keyes Jr. (1)

Vehicle:
Chrysler Cirrus, Silver
License plate #CJN4569
AMBER Alert - The Flint Police Department is investigating an incident of an endangered missing child DEONTE DWIGHT KEYES, JR. from CHILD WAS IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE VEHICLE AT A GAS STATION AT 1330 E ATHERTON ROAD, FLINT, MI 48507 RUNNING WITH KEYS IN THE VEHICLE WHEN THE MOTHER WENT INSIDE A UNKNOWN MALE JUMPED IN VEHICLE AND TOOK OFF WITH THE CHILD IN THE BACKSEAT. VEHICLE TRAVELED WB ON ATHERTON RD. LAST SEEN NB ON OGEMA FROM HEMPHILL RD and is believed to be in extreme danger.

If you have information, contact:

Flint Police Department
Call: 810-237-6801
Missing child

Deonte Dwight Keyes Jr.

Age now: 1
Sex: Male
Skin: Light to medium
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Description: Wearing baby blue jacket, gray/blue striped shirt, dark blue jeans, dark blue/baby blue Nike boots.

Suspect

Name Unknown

Age now: 35
Sex: Male
Height: 6'00"
Description: Wearing a beige baseball cap with blue jean brim and tan coat.
What is an AMBER alert?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #11239
MrBug708
Head Coach

AMBER Alert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #11240
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So I was curious if the old wigbl site was up. Apparently it now stands for women in gloves, boots and leather.

Nice.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #11241
cuervo72
Head Coach

Seems fitting.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #11242
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Google being edgy today.

Google celebrates Easter with … Cesar Chavez birthday tribute | Twitchy

I guess Google hasn't done an Easter theme doodle before unless proven otherwise. Just kind of bad timing I guess.

Last edited by Matthean : 03-31-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #11243
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Google being edgy today.

Google celebrates Easter with … Cesar Chavez birthday tribute | Twitchy

I guess Google hasn't done an Easter theme doodle before unless proven otherwise. Just kind of bad timing I guess.

suck it christians
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #11244
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I love the backlash. It's amusing, getting angry over it though? People need more real tribulation in their lives.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #11245
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I'm not switching to Bing because of it.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #11246
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Google being edgy today.

And Bing thanks them for it.

edit to add: I've already seen a couple of my FB friends discuss their search engine switch this morning.

As for me, I saw the headlines about it & thought honoring Hugo Chavez was a pretty big stretch.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-31-2013 at 09:01 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #11247
Dutch
"Dutch"

Religious leader or Left-wing leader....I'm always so torn between these awesome choices we have in America!

vs

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #11248
PilotMan
Head Coach

AOL is always available or:

Like Steam?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #11249
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
The time when I could visit ESPN.com with my speakers on seems so long ago...............
Old 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #11250
mckerney
Coordinator

So Microsoft thinks Easter is about the secular traditions rather than the resurrection of Jesus?

Boycott Bing!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote