Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #1051
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Sorry, I don't get your ntn theory.

I don't know how a last second switch to kwhit
saved me either since I believe it was 4-3. Your vote just slammed the door shut to ensure your "victory".

Well, guess what, it didn't happen, and you have some damage control to work but it won't work on me.

It's understandable that it won't work on you -- although it just proves you're a wolf.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #1052
Passacaglia
Coordinator

As for the NTN theory -- what's not to get? The idea is that NTN just made up that he was the Fool to get the Seer to reveal, and got lucky that there was no Fool in the game.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #1053
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to a new client today and I have no idea how much, if any, Internet access I'll have. But after the way my thought process worked out yesterday it may be for the best that I'm not driving conversation.

Anyway, worst case I'll be online at some point after 6PM EST to get a vote in for today.

I would think that today comes down to a "do we believe NTN or not" discussion; if we do that would lead towards Poli and start to establish some good trust going forward. But I won't be here, so I'll just catch up later today and see where things have fallen.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #1054
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Happy birthday, hoops!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #1055
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't see how this could have stopped a wolf kill.

I don't see any role that could have stopped a wolf kill.

I'm kinda stumped.

Hoops, I think one of the earlier events gave a percentage chance to block a wolf attack to the winning team. So that's what I'm assuming happened here.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #1056
Thomkal
Head Coach

And Happy Birthday Hoops.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #1057
Thomkal
Head Coach

My vote today will be on one of the totally uncleared-I'd especially like to see some votes on Telle today who's skated by this whole game without much attention on her.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #1058
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
As for the NTN theory -- what's not to get? The idea is that NTN just made up that he was the Fool to get the Seer to reveal, and got lucky that there was no Fool in the game.

Except I find the concept of ntn playing that way absolutely out of character for him. It would be exceptionally risky to "hope" to get our seer out there at the risk of being outed himself. Seriously, I haven't put much thought into it but it sounds absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I don't know ntn that well, but it just sounds so far fetched to me that I couldn't see him trying that.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #1059
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Except I find the concept of ntn playing that way absolutely out of character for him. It would be exceptionally risky to "hope" to get our seer out there at the risk of being outed himself. Seriously, I haven't put much thought into it but it sounds absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I don't know ntn that well, but it just sounds so far fetched to me that I couldn't see him trying that.

I could see it. It's late in the game, the wolves are winning, the BG is dead -- probably the last thing they needed to take care of was to prevent the Seer from getting a few more scans. NTN could also be the brutal -- though it would be some nice luck if the guy who was in danger of being voted out just happened to be the brutal wolf, of all the wolves (hoops will tell you that the math on that is really low).

But...what am I doing? The issue is that either NTN is lying and he's the wolf, or he's telling the truth, and you're a wolf. And my vote's on you -- so I don't know why I'm trying to convince you that NTN is lying -- that should be your job!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #1060
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Jesus, it's like one wolfish post after another with you guys. I feel like there's like five or six of you, you've all won a long time ago, and I'm the only villager left (oh and PB).

Well I'm back to where I was at 2:36 yesterday.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #1061
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Of course your vote is on me you stinking wolf. I've called you out. Spin this ntn/me crap all you want. I wasn't buying it yesterday when I read it. I'm not buying it today. I'm not going to defend myself for ntn being alive still.

The way I see it, there are at least three things that don't make sense to me...maybe four as I think of it.

1. What happened on night one. I thought there was a conversion but unless we had two wolves to start that isnlt likely.

2. What happened with the curling event. Russia should have won that. Was the juicer involved? I have to think so.

3. Why is ntn alive? I've got a theory I'd like to think about, but it is your typical conspiracy theory, I guess.

4. What happened last night? I don't know but I do know you locked kwhit down at the deadline.

I know you've been pinging me since you led the charge to have Danny lynched and you gave that lame "oh my bad" post or however you said it. I'm on to you and I'm not letting go.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #1062
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My job
is to take you down.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #1063
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

With 7 left, it is 4-3. I'm cleared, meaning we are 3-3 (a coin toss on who to vote for). I'm not currently willing to vote for Thomkal, Hoops, or ntn, meaning I'm targeting the other three.

Pass, Poli, and Telle.

Out of the three, I'm going to put my vote here for now:

vote Telle
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #1064
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course your vote is on me you stinking wolf. I've called you out. Spin this ntn/me crap all you want. I wasn't buying it yesterday when I read it. I'm not buying it today. I'm not going to defend myself for ntn being alive still.

The way I see it, there are at least three things that don't make sense to me...maybe four as I think of it.

1. What happened on night one. I thought there was a conversion but unless we had two wolves to start that isnlt likely.

2. What happened with the curling event. Russia should have won that. Was the juicer involved? I have to think so.

3. Why is ntn alive? I've got a theory I'd like to think about, but it is your typical conspiracy theory, I guess.

4. What happened last night? I don't know but I do know you locked kwhit down at the deadline.

I know you've been pinging me since you led the charge to have Danny lynched and you gave that lame "oh my bad" post or however you said it. I'm on to you and I'm not letting go.

1. My best guess on Night 1 at this point is that the wolves went after Danny and got blocked. The BG was dead, but Team USA won, and Danny received the bonus of a 25% chance of blocking an attack.

2. It looks like Sweden won that event. We know that everyone in Sweden was good, though. So I can't imagine that anyone on Sweden was the Juicer. Maybe the Juicer was trying to set up Sweden, since at the time, DV was alive and uncleared? Maybe the wolves saw a hint from him and knew he was the Seer? But if that's the case, why not just kill him Night 3? I suppose it's possible that it was just done to set up a team that had no wolves on it to look like the Juicer was on that team, but I think this is just sour grapes that Russia got pwned.

3. I'm interested in hearing it. I don't know what to think anymore regarding you and NTN, so I'll take whatever crazy theories I can get, and see what sticks.

4. I'm not sure why there was no night-kill, but my switch was just to make sure that our agreed-upon vote stayed that way, and that there was no funny business. What I'm saying is that you should be thankful -- if someone had switched the vote, and I didn't, you would have been lynched.

5? You might want to read the day where Danny got lynched again. Sure, I put the first vote on him, but even then I said I wanted to see a run-off between him and NTN. Then later in the day, seeing how the vote was going down, I had already switched off Danny and voted for NTN.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #1065
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My job
is to take you down.

Oh, got it. You're playing your "villager game" -- we get it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #1066
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
With 7 left, it is 4-3. I'm cleared, meaning we are 3-3 (a coin toss on who to vote for). I'm not currently willing to vote for Thomkal, Hoops, or ntn, meaning I'm targeting the other three.

Pass, Poli, and Telle.

Out of the three, I'm going to put my vote here for now:

vote Telle

Why aren't you willing to vote for NTN?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #1067
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't know what you mean by villager game and I don't care. You thought you had the game sealed last night which is why you slammed the gate shut on kwhit. I can't be the only one to see that.

Pb, I understand the look at telle, but surely you see what pass
is up to, at least I hope you do.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #1068
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by villager game and I don't care.

Just that you're playing by emotion, and wearing your hear on your sleeve. I'm expecting at least two people to come out and say, "Poli wouldn't be this crazy if he were a wolf, so I believe that he's a villager." You're trying to act more zealous than analytical, but I think you're a better player than that.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #1069
Passacaglia
Coordinator

hear=heart
Old 03-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #1070
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have no idea what youre talking about, but you can't spin that vote last night. You can't and you KNOW it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #1071
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm honestly not even trying to spin that vote -- I've explained it, and I'm basically ignoring your thoughts on it, since they're not really helping the village. The problem is that you're confusing the hell out of me -- even though all the evidence says that if NTN is telling the truth you're a wolf, you believe him. Do you have any thoughts on my reasoning there?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #1072
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's my typical conspiracy theory there. There are a lot if unexplained events in this game. "someone is setting me up mumbonjumbo. I don't expect you to listen because you're not going to.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #1073
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You're ignoring my comment on your vote because it makes younguilty as sin.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #1074
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You're ignoring my comment on your vote because it makes younguilty as sin.

The fact that I pulled my vote OFF you makes me guilty? Does that mean that you're a wolf?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #1075
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So now you're spinning it after saying you wouldn't. Perfect.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #1076
Passacaglia
Coordinator

oy
Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #1077
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've had just about enough of you.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #1078
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I've had just about enough of you.

Fair enough. Let's drop that. Can you go into your theory as to why NTN was kept alive after his Seer reveal? I understand if you don't want to humor me, but it might help enlighten everyone else.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #1079
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why aren't you willing to vote for NTN?

you mean besides it is a poor play? Let's remember that I announced my possible seerness before it was out there that anyone was seer. If I am a wolf I have to assume that 2 players think they are seer. (I am assuming that the wolves do not know the villager roles in the game. a usually valid assessment) Odds are I am not the last of the 3some to be eliminated. with two others involved I might even be first. And I have not figured out who is seer either. the Wolves MIGHT get lucky, but then again they might not and another name gets saved.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #1080
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
you mean besides it is a poor play? Let's remember that I announced my possible seerness before it was out there that anyone was seer. If I am a wolf I have to assume that 2 players think they are seer. (I am assuming that the wolves do not know the villager roles in the game. a usually valid assessment) Odds are I am not the last of the 3some to be eliminated. with two others involved I might even be first. And I have not figured out who is seer either. the Wolves MIGHT get lucky, but then again they might not and another name gets saved.

The thing that weirds me out about it is that you claimed Seer, not Seer or Fool. Did you just forget about the existence of the Fool, or did you want the wolves to think you were the real Seer, or something else?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #1081
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

No I did not forget about the existence of the fool at the time. I thought about mentioning the possibility in that but decided against it at the time. I did respond to that possibility soon afterward. I also believed that my scans were valid at the time.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #1082
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What made you believe your scans were valid?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #1083
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No I did not forget about the existence of the fool at the time. I thought about mentioning the possibility in that but decided against it at the time. I did respond to that possibility soon afterward. I also believed that my scans were valid at the time.

And I guess this part in bold is what I'm asking about. What was it that made you decide against it at the time? You said you believed your scans were valid -- does that mean you figured it was unlikely that you were the Fool, so there was no point mentioning it?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #1084
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I firmly believe that I know the answers to questions 2 & 4 and there is nothing nefarious in either answer.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #1085
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And I think I can guess at #1. So that leaves why is ntn alive and perhaps it is because his scans don't matter and there are enough people, Hoops and Pass, casting aspersions at him that he's worth leaving alive to draw us away from the task at hand.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #1086
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was going under the assumption that iwas the real one until I had proof of the contrary. I also figured that if I was the fool it would hopefully give the wolves a bad target for the night . I was hopeful that if I was the fool the real seer was a bit more industrious and less boneheaded about missing a day. (and I also hoped all of his were alive as well.)
Old 03-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #1087
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Yea I believe the juicer was not involved. I believe if they were the result would have been as apparent as when the Judge was used.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #1088
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And I think I can guess at #1. So that leaves why is ntn alive and perhaps it is because his scans don't matter and there are enough people, Hoops and Pass, casting aspersions at him that he's worth leaving alive to draw us away from the task at hand.

Just to clarify -- I'm not asking why he's still alive now. I'm asking why he was left alive on the day he revealed. It wasn't until DV was lynched at the end of the day that we knew he was the Seer. But since the wolves didn't kill him, they must have known that NTN was not the Seer. That means, they knew he was the Fool, or they knew he was a Wolf.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #1089
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was going under the assumption that iwas the real one until I had proof of the contrary. I also figured that if I was the fool it would hopefully give the wolves a bad target for the night . I was hopeful that if I was the fool the real seer was a bit more industrious and less boneheaded about missing a day. (and I also hoped all of his were alive as well.)

That's what I was getting at when I asked if you wanted to make the Wolves think you were the real Seer. I really feel like getting answers out of you is like pulling teeth.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #1090
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Yea I believe the juicer was not involved. I believe if they were the result would have been as apparent as when the Judge was used.

I'm not totally sold on that last part -- the Judge is a Villager, but the Juicer is a Wolf. Regardless, I think it's a moot point, since even if we knew the Juicer fixed the event so Sweden would win, I don't think we'll be going after PurdueBrad.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #1091
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Telle and Thomkal, I've seen you guys in the thread a lot, but haven't heard much from you. Any thoughts?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #1092
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I firmly believe that I know the answers to questions 2 & 4 and there is nothing nefarious in either answer.

Is there a reason you can't comment on them, then? For #2, if you believe you know, it's probably that Sweden just spent a lot of energy trying to win that one -- why not just say that? For #4, I'm not sure if you're talking about the night-kill or my horrible, horrible sin of most guilt, but why not just say what you believe you know?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #1093
Thomkal
Head Coach

My thoughts are Pass that I didn't like your late switch to Kwhit, made you look like a wolf trying to look good at the end there, and the bazillon theories and questions you are throwing out there today makes you look like you are a wolf trying to confuse us villagers.

But for now, I said I wanted some pressure on Telle today, so I might as well add to it.

vote Telle
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #1094
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle and Thomkal, I've seen you guys in the thread a lot, but haven't heard much from you. Any thoughts?

I tend to just leave myself in the thread in one of my tabs during the work day and peak in every hour or so. So I appear to be here much more than I really am.

And as to thoughts.. I'm at a loss. I don't know who the heck to believe. I like your theory that if ntn is telling the truth then Poli is likely a wolf. But is ntn telling the truth?? I just don't know.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #1095
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
My thoughts are Pass that I didn't like your late switch to Kwhit, made you look like a wolf trying to look good at the end there, and the bazillon theories and questions you are throwing out there today makes you look like you are a wolf trying to confuse us villagers.

But for now, I said I wanted some pressure on Telle today, so I might as well add to it.

vote Telle

So do you not think that there's a wolf somewhere between Pass, Poli, and ntn? Or do you think it's just better to go fishing amongst those that haven't been part of controversy? Or are you a wolf trying to distract everyone in the hopes that they follow your lead in lynching a villager?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #1096
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

vote Telle

I'm not sure what to say about that. I made it pretty clear that I felt better about voting Poli. But when it came to the last minute, I didn't expect a villager to come in and change the vote at the last minute -- the only switch would be coming from a wolf, and I just figured I should make sure that didn't happen. I waited until the end hoping I would catch a wolf trying to do it.

As for a bazillion theories, it's weird, because I feel like I have no theories! Well, maybe one -- that you're all wolves. I'll admit to a lot of questions -- it's a slow day at work.

So why Telle? Just because she's under the radar?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #1097
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I tend to just leave myself in the thread in one of my tabs during the work day and peak in every hour or so. So I appear to be here much more than I really am.

And as to thoughts.. I'm at a loss. I don't know who the heck to believe. I like your theory that if ntn is telling the truth then Poli is likely a wolf. But is ntn telling the truth?? I just don't know.

That's about where I'm at. Poli's behavior is really making me lean toward voting him, though. Thoughts on that?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #1098
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
That's about where I'm at. Poli's behavior is really making me lean toward voting him, though. Thoughts on that?

Well we tried to lynch him yesterday and then there was suddenly a run on KWhit who turned out to be a villager. Unfortunately I haven't updated my notes since yesterday afternoon (was too busy crocheting last night to be bothered) so I'm not sure who might have possibly orchestrated that. It could very well be that Poli's a wolf and the other wolves managed to sway things to KWhit in order to save him.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #1099
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of 976:

Thomkal 1 - ntndeacon (917)
Poli 3 - KWhit (889), Telle (901), Passacaglia (976)
KWhit 4 - hoopsguy (932), Thomkal (954), Poli (969), PurdueBrad (974)

Here's the vote count from last night -- the only change from here was my switch at the end. As hoops will tell you, the person who put the first vote on KWhit is completely cleared, and we could never possibly dare to accuse him of being a wolf -- cuz it's his birthday!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #1100
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It's interesting to note that hoops hasn't really mentioned what I think is a pretty good argument for voting Poli. I guess his problem with it is probably the fact that it means believing NTN, but I notice that he hasn't considered voting for NTN, either. I honestly can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve when he gets back.