Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #1051
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski47
Based on your posts (I have not finished reading the thread) I do not think the problem is with the INTs themselves; if a QB throws a flyball to CF the ball should be caught. I'd much rather see that then drop after drop after drop in regards to an INT. The problem is in the play-calling, knowing Dilfer sucks a D for throwing deep, or in the player himself being too confident in his abilities (EA isn't that smart...just a glitch).

Interesting reads so far...I'll finish in a bit. I had one question though:
I did not see the point in using office hours because I was simply using them to set my depth charts and I could only move 2 players at a time (wtf is that?) and they didn't save anyway. So I just started skipping my office hours since I was told I could handle this stuff later (pregame etc). Am I screwed? I could care less about creating plays for now and had just planned on using a playbook that was already made. I don't want to have to start over!

I used just about every office hour session to add 2 plays to my offensive and defensive playbooks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #1052
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
spleen1015

Regarding the draft pick bug you mention above.

Did you sign any RFA players. I was reading another forum mentioning that if you sign a RFA player, you lose a draft pick according to nfl rules. Not really clear on the specifics but that might be the reason.

I don't think I did. Even if I did, they weren't good enough for me to lose a 1st round pick.

Also, would I lose a pick a acquired via trade?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #1053
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I used just about every office hour session to add 2 plays to my offensive and defensive playbooks.

I did the same. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of plays to call on game day. There aren't enough plays in the default gameplans for me.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #1054
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Whats the deal with the screen pass issue? In the IGN review the guy said the play never works. QB always sacked, scrambles etc. Comments from those who have played the game would be appreciated. Thanks

screen passes work exactly the way the do in Madden coach mode, which is to say - the don't. The QB either throws to the WR on the clear (hey sometimes it is a big play) or he gets sacked - I have NEVER seen him throw it to the RB.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #1055
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some interesting things the modders are finding.

http://football-freaks.com/forums/in...howtopic=14980

Most encouraging news in this thread!! As I am reading impressions from a library on vacation, I'm still hoping the pc version can be salvaged by the pc modding crowd. I think we'll see a patch or two from EA to fix some bugs, but it does look like they've left a cookie out there for the modding community.

As always EF, thanks for the impressions!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #1056
AgustusM
College Prospect

Here is my quick review with something more detailed later.

I got the game yesterday at 11am and player pretty much non-stop till 11pm, 12 hours – and I didn’t even make it to the first pre-season game!!!! In fact it too me something like 7 hours to make it to the draft.

Now, some of that was do to learning the interface, and the timing of everything. But much of that has to do with how poorly the interface is designed. I can understand the thinking behind the fact that during office hours you would only have time to insert 2 plays into the playbook (with the reasoning that behind the scenes, you would have to meet with the players, draw it up on the chalkboard, talk about it and then walk through it on the field – so OK I can buy that) But to switch 2 players on the depth chart and have that take the entire office hours up is simply silly to me. If you want to make 7 or 8 changes to your depth chart and make some formation substitutions – well that is going to take you about a weeks worth of office hours.

Having said all that for the most part I had a LOT of fun, but I don’t know how much fun this is going to be the next time I have to go through it.

A quick note on the 5 minute quarter thing – I haven’t even played a game yet, I and many others have voiced my concerns but one thing is abundantly clear – The primary defenders of the 5 minute quarters rallying cry is that the “average” gamer isn’t going to want to spend that much time playing a game whose quarters are longer then 5 minutes. After playing the game for 12 hours and not even making it to a game, that statement has gone from off-base to downright laughable. The “average” gamer who doesn’t have time for qtrs beyond 5 minutes will have returned this game after playing for 3 hours and not even coming close to playing a game.

On to the draft – still not perfect – but better then any previous NFL game – this was pretty good and came as close to the feel of the real draft as much as any game I have played. The first 3 rounds I actually sat and watched every pick and didn’t “fast-forward” at all. I do think they need to add a “pick-now” button. Right now your choices are to wait the entire 30 seconds per team or fast forward to your pick. 30 seconds doesn’t sound long until there are 40 picks between your picks and then it takes a long time. If they added a “pick-now” feature you could still see every pick, but make it though in a reasonable time. Again I am wondering what the 5 minute “average” gamer is doing here?

So on the drat, I think the AI here still need a lot of work.

A couple of notes:

• OK we get it, somebody on the development team went to Ohio St. Hawk went first in my draft as well as every draft I have seen posted. It is not that I have a problem with him going first, especially if he was a “real-life” consensus #1 along the lines say of a John Elway – but he isn’t that IRL so I would have liked to see more variety here with any number of players going #1 overall. Also I think it is funny that the official game guide lists 5 players that would be the Texans “top draft prospects” and Hawk isn’t one of them.
• So I am playing the Niners and when we get to pick #6 – Bush is still there – I half wonder if the development team made a decision that people “want” to draft Bush because he is exciting and made sure he would be available in the first part of the draft. Either way I considering going another direction, but my 8 year old son was looking over my shoulder and saying “Daddy, you HAVE to draft Bush!!!” so I took him. I must say he looks pretty good in practice.
• This part actually made me laugh out loud – with the #9 overall pick the Detroit Lions take… yep, you guessed it a WR!!! Santonio Holmes.
• Vince Young – So in my off-season much like the real world Niners I traded for a second – 1st round pick - #17 overall. So as I am watching the draft and watching Young fall – it is pick 15 the falcons, with the dolphins at #16 and then I am at #17. I am considering trying to trade up past the Dolphins. I don’t think the Falcons will draft a QB because they have Vick – but I am worried about the Dolphins (remember they don’t have Culpepper) But before I can put a deal together the Falcons draft Vince Young!!! WYF? All-right that is one scary QB combo, but now what do I do. At this point I no longer care about the Dolphins and my dream-team combo of Bush & Young isn’t going to happen. But just for kicks I call up the Falcons and see if they will send me Vick for the #17 pick. After all they don’t need both QB’s so why not – and they go for it – GREAT. I don’t get Vince Young but now I do have Vick and Bush. For a team as desperate for playmakers as the 49ers this is turning out quite nicely. Now here is where it gets kind of bad in the AI department. The Falcons having already taken Young at #15 and with their newly acquired #17 pick take…. QB Jay Cutler – WTF?!?!? Maybe Mora has some new dual QB offense I don’t know about it.

Well that is it for now, time to dive back in and hopefully actually play a game or two.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #1057
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
• Vince Young – So in my off-season much like the real world Niners I traded for a second – 1st round pick - #17 overall. So as I am watching the draft and watching Young fall – it is pick 15 the falcons, with the dolphins at #16 and then I am at #17. I am considering trying to trade up past the Dolphins. I don’t think the Falcons will draft a QB because they have Vick – but I am worried about the Dolphins (remember they don’t have Culpepper) But before I can put a deal together the Falcons draft Vince Young!!! WYF? All-right that is one scary QB combo, but now what do I do. At this point I no longer care about the Dolphins and my dream-team combo of Bush & Young isn’t going to happen. But just for kicks I call up the Falcons and see if they will send me Vick for the #17 pick. After all they don’t need both QB’s so why not – and they go for it – GREAT. I don’t get Vince Young but now I do have Vick and Bush. For a team as desperate for playmakers as the 49ers this is turning out quite nicely. Now here is where it gets kind of bad in the AI department. The Falcons having already taken Young at #15 and with their newly acquired #17 pick take…. QB Jay Cutler – WTF?!?!? Maybe Mora has some new dual QB offense I don’t know about it.

Ok, modding or not... jeez talk about taking me back down.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #1058
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. That AI logic is horrible.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #1059
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
• This part actually made me laugh out loud – with the #9 overall pick the Detroit Lions take… yep, you guessed it a WR!!! Santonio Holmes.

Zip. The credit card just went back into the ole wallet.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #1060
Adamski47
High School JV

ESPN's season predictions makes mention of how if Vick struggles ATL will be calling for Schuab. Perhaps it's not such a stretch with VY since he would sort of be a plug in player for Vick. An expensive plug in but whatever...

Also, to be honest, if I ran a team with a specialty player such as Vick I would want a backup that was very similar to Vick. I'm not sure exactly how Schuab can move but I'm willing to bet that VY, or a cheaper version (Mike McMahon or whoever) would be a nice player to have on the roster.

Last edited by Adamski47 : 06-22-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #1061
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
ESPN's season predictions makes mention of how if Vick struggles ATL will be calling for Schuab. Perhaps it's not such a stretch with VY since he would sort of be a plug in player for Vick. An expensive plug in but whatever...

Also, to be honest, if I ran a team with a specialty player such as Vick I would want a backup that was very similar to Vick. I'm not sure exactly how Schuab can move but I'm willing to bet that VY, or a cheaper version (Mike McMahon or whoever) would be a nice player to have on the roster.

I don't think everyone is necessarily flipping out over the Vince Young pick. Maybe the Falcons just flat out gave up on him in the game. So you draft Vince Young and see what you can get for Vick. We can argue if this is right/wrong, but I could justify it.

The bizzareness comes in with the Falcons trading Vick for the 17th pick and selecting Jay Cutler.

No way in hell an NFL team drafts TWO QB's in the first round to compete for their QB job. That's pure insanity. That's an AI gone mad.

edit: when I say it's an AI gone mad, the way I judge it is by fictional rosters. Lets say I don't know how good each of these players all. Could I justify the moves? Up to the point of drafting Cutler, maybe. But the second they take another QB in round 1, is the second I can't even suspend reality for. You just can't justify that sort of thing.

Last edited by TroyF : 06-22-2006 at 01:59 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #1062
Adamski47
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
I don't think everyone is necessarily flipping out over the Vince Young pick. Maybe the Falcons just flat out gave up on him in the game. So you draft Vince Young and see what you can get for Vick. We can argue if this is right/wrong, but I could justify it.

The bizzareness comes in with the Falcons trading Vick for the 17th pick and selecting Jay Cutler.

No way in hell an NFL team drafts TWO QB's in the first round to compete for their QB job. That's pure insanity. That's an AI gone mad.

edit: when I say it's an AI gone mad, the way I judge it is by fictional rosters. Lets say I don't know how good each of these players all. Could I justify the moves? Up to the point of drafting Cutler, maybe. But the second they take another QB in round 1, is the second I can't even suspend reality for. You just can't justify that sort of thing.

Yeah, totally agree. Devil's advocate, I could see Matt Millen doing something like taking 2 first round QBs and letting the strongest survive. To be honest...no it's a horrible idea lol.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #1063
KWhit
Coordinator

And what the hell is Atlanta going to do with Vick's signing bonus? Even before the Cutler pick, the AI was assinine.

The fact that they traded Vick and ate his huge bonus and then picked Cutler just makes it worse, but even the first move was awfully bad.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #1064
Bee
Pro Starter

I don't have much problem with the drafting of Vince Young at 15. A mid 1st round draft pick on a QB with tons of potential who will need a few years to develop behind a similarly unique style of QB makes at least some sense, especially considering the potential for an injury to Vick. The only way I can see the Cutler pick making sense is if it were for a trade or something though.

Last edited by Bee : 06-22-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #1065
ice4277
Pro Rookie

5 minute quarters? Not really a problem for me. But drafting 2 qb's in the first round? That's the kind of thing that will keep me from buying a game. This has gone from a 'must-buy' to a 'maybe' in a short amount of time. Ugh.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #1066
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I don't have much problem with the drafting of Vince Young at 15. A mid 1st round draft pick on a QB with tons of potential who will need a few years to develop behind a similarly unique style of QB makes at least some sense, especially considering the potential for an injury to Vick. The only way I can see the Cutler pick making sense is if it were for a trade or something though.

But with the amount of bonus money that the Falcons owe Vick, I don't think it makes sense at all. The Atlanta media has been crucifying the Falcons for the past 2 years because they haven't traded Matt Schaub. To use a mid-first rounder and pay that kind of bonus on yet another QB would cause a riot on Flowery Branch. Oh yeah, and then as if that's not enough, they trade Vick and draft yet another 1st round QB?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #1067
sooner333
College Starter

Okay...when does the UFA period start...I know it says trading begins with UFA, but also the game says that the UFA period starts after the RFA offering period. However, you can trade before the offering period for RFA's end. Plus, as a test I could sign a 3rd string UFA QB in this period. I don't want to be getting a leg up on the AI, but I also don't want to miss out on some FA signings as I'm the 49ers and my team essentially sucks.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #1068
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF

exactly
Old 06-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #1069
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

It's not as extreme, but I had a similar reaction to Eaglesfan's draft above with the Bengals taking Deangelo Williams in the first. What? Are Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry off to the pen with Chris Henry and Frostee Rucker or something?
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #1070
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
Okay...when does the UFA period start...I know it says trading begins with UFA, but also the game says that the UFA period starts after the RFA offering period. However, you can trade before the offering period for RFA's end. Plus, as a test I could sign a 3rd string UFA QB in this period. I don't want to be getting a leg up on the AI, but I also don't want to miss out on some FA signings as I'm the 49ers and my team essentially sucks.

I wish I could give you a more concrete answer, but I am afraid it got lost in my 12 hour day and I don't remember.

what I did do was keep clicking on FA - the first maybe 5-6 times I tried it said, nope you can't sign this guy (ar any guy) then one day it said sure, how much you gonna give me.

as a fellow niners fan a couple things I thought were interesting. I think the real life niners had one hell of an off-season - I tried to "re-do" about 4-5 of the moves and everytime the CPU said "no way, I'm not going to get ripped off."

However I do think I made quite a few good changes to the 49ers, especially the offense

Vick - certainly not a franchise QB, but an upgrade over Smith
Bush - looked great in first pre-season game - 100 yard KO return
J.Smith and D.Branch - upgraded the WR core with a veteran and a young player - this team just went from 0 playmakers to 4.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #1071
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Zip. The credit card just went back into the ole wallet.

I am certainly never going to tell anyone what to do with their money AND this game has quite a few flaws AND I was hoping for FOF with Madden graphics, which clearly this isn't.

However, I am having a BLAST playing - and at least for me it is worth every penny.

I would love to see a mod on the quarters (which looks promising from what I have read) and clearly the AI needs to be tightened up (but I can't think of a sports title including FOF that doesn't)

There are also a hundred other little tiny things I would like to see cleaned up - but still it is FUN playing this game, more the FOF, more the Madden and more then NCAA for me.

In some ways it reminds me of FB Pro in the sense that FB Pro was fun but had its owns quirks and stupid things. The good thing about FB Pro was we got 8 patches and some great 3rd party stuff - I am just not sure we are going to get that with and EA product.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #1072
Adamski47
High School JV

How do you set this game to play in a window? I know it's not a standard switch but I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to have it in a window like the demo.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #1073
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333

In the game, it starts in early April according to the game calendar. However, the game will let you sign players in early March or so. I signed one, realized the AI wasn't signing anyone yet, and waited to April to make my other FA bids when it said that UFA actually started. At that point, the AI appeared to compete with me for players.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #1074
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
But with the amount of bonus money that the Falcons owe Vick, I don't think it makes sense at all. The Atlanta media has been crucifying the Falcons for the past 2 years because they haven't traded Matt Schaub. To use a mid-first rounder and pay that kind of bonus on yet another QB would cause a riot on Flowery Branch. Oh yeah, and then as if that's not enough, they trade Vick and draft yet another 1st round QB?

I doubt the game takes into account media reaction.

It's not necessarily what I'd do, but that Young pick doesn't make me shake my head like the Cutler pick. Mid-first rounders don't make tons of money, so bringing in a similar QB to your starter who can potentially develop into a superstar isn't a bad move IMO.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #1075
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I doubt the game takes into account media reaction.

It's not necessarily what I'd do, but that Young pick doesn't make me shake my head like the Cutler pick. Mid-first rounders don't make tons of money, so bringing in a similar QB to your starter who can potentially develop into a superstar isn't a bad move IMO.

I agree completely - the Young pick makes you go, wow didn't see that one coming - the Cutler pick makes you go WTF!?!?!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #1076
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
In the game, it starts in early April according to the game calendar. However, the game will let you sign players in early March or so. I signed one, realized the AI wasn't signing anyone yet, and waited to April to make my other FA bids when it said that UFA actually started. At that point, the AI appeared to compete with me for players.

Eagles,

Bill Abner is reporting that the guys in his training camp took ridiculous leaps in ratings. (with even Dilfer moving up to an 85) Are you noticing that with your guys?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #1077
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I managed to max most of my starters within their range by working them smartly in training camp with a few exceptions. However, the range isn't current/potential. It is "are they playing at the top of their game or not?" At least, that is how I've seen it explained in a few interviews. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the upper limit of the range can increase for rookies with time.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #1078
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

However, after McNabb threw his pick in the pre-season game he dropped about 5 or 6 points in his range.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #1079
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola -

In that thread on football freaks, the modders are finding that EA made it so the .ini file and the settings file reset themselves after exiting the game each time. That is going to make it more difficult for modders, but guys are still working on it.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-22-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #1080
Anguscl
n00b

Quote:
How do you set this game to play in a window? I know it's not a standard switch but I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to have it in a window like the demo.

Thanks.

In your My documents folder there is a NFL Head coach folder in there you have to edit the coach.ini file. There is a fullscreen yes/no option.
Anguscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #1081
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Double Dola -

In that thread on football freaks, the modders are finding that EA made it so the .ini file and the settings file reset themselves after exiting the game each time. That is going to make it more difficult for modders, but guys are still working on it.

If there are people in the world that can make Patrick Swayze sing, there are people who can make this a great game.

Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #1082
bselig
n00b

You know, I really don't like how scouting works in this game. It's ok enough for rookies, but I shouldn't have to be individually scouting every player in the NFL to get a decent idea of their ratings.
bselig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #1083
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

I think the issue may be that the AI doesn't take earlier draft picks into account when it decides what the biggest need is on the board. In my first draft, it was suggested I take D'Brickashaw in my first round. Despite the presence of a solid pair of starters, I agreed, figuring I could shift someone inside (I had earlier traded a starting guard to pick up Michael Vick...the game apparently isn't impressed with him). When the second round came up, imagine my surprise when my scouting director recommended...an LT. Same for the third round. Luckily, in the fourth round, he relented and recommended a center.

Meanwhile, the single halfback left on my roster felt really lonely...
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #1084
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit

How much bonus money does the NFL HEAD COACH Falcons owe Vick?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #1085
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Double Dola -

it would be a pain, but a fairly easy batch file that copied a "good" settings file from a separate location would seem to be a work around that would work.

now, if the game reset every time is STARTED instead of exited, we would have real trouble.

anyone have any luck in editing the settings file?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #1086
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I managed to max most of my starters within their range by working them smartly in training camp with a few exceptions. However, the range isn't current/potential. It is "are they playing at the top of their game or not?" At least, that is how I've seen it explained in a few interviews. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the upper limit of the range can increase for rookies with time.

I actually really like this idea. Once you've "scouted well" a player, you know his abilities along a spectrum, as well as where he is along that spectrum. The same player may play at a 75 or a 95 level depending on his confidence, form, and endurance. To me, this gives a much better feel for the idea of "position battles" and streaks. In most sim games, unless you're actively trying to develop a particular player, you just plug in the guys with the best ratings. Practice in this game seems to mean something.

There are nasty 500-pound errors in this game's implementation, but at the same time, there are concepts and strategies that the rest of the sim community would be well served to study.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #1087
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

The Patch is out, the patch is out.... It's a new record for EA, hmmm maybe they are trying....

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=1618

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 06-22-2006 at 05:01 PM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #1088
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I had to buy it...just had to....I am getting ready to lose myself into the game for about 5 hours tonight....
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #1089
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life
The Patch is out, the patch is out.... It's a new record for EA, hmmm maybe they are trying....

What does the patch cover?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #1090
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life

does it concern anyone else that it is up on this site - but from the EA "update game" button it still says no patch available?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #1091
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

The game was waiting for me in the mail when I got home from work today. I've played for about two hours and I am having a blast so far. I am not too far at all so I haven't personally encountered any bugs, but I think so far that I am willing to over look a bit just because it seems pretty fun. It is kind of what I always wanted from a football sim, as far as how in depth all the interactions are, and call me eye candy dork but I really love sitting in the office, in the meetings with coaches, actually seeing the coaches and owner, all that jazz. Hopefully they keep putting it out every year or two as I think with some tweaks and additions they could really have an amazing game. Too bad it is EA Sports we are talking about.

Then again, if people can mod this game to fix some issues, I really think it can be great. It is still a very early impression, but I have to say again I am having a blast.

Oh by the way, the behind the scenes stuff really reminds me of the other sim with Cowher on the cover- Total Control Football. I loved that game so damn much when I was a kid, and its serious flaws pained me. So this game kind of brings back memories of that. Hopefully it won't also bring back the memories of its flaws...
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #1092
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr
Oh by the way, the behind the scenes stuff really reminds me of the other sim with Cowher on the cover- Total Control Football. I loved that game so damn much when I was a kid, and its serious flaws pained me. So this game kind of brings back memories of that. Hopefully it won't also bring back the memories of its flaws...

Heck yeah! I played that game a lot when I was younger too.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #1093
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
I had to buy it...just had to....I am getting ready to lose myself into the game for about 5 hours tonight....

damnit! damnit! damnit!

I am having issues installing on my DELL laptop....It has been hanging, and yes, my laptop matches the system specs.

I am going to cry....
Old 06-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #1094
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
does it concern anyone else that it is up on this site - but from the EA "update game" button it still says no patch available?

EA has a tendency to release things on their ftp server first, and update any web pages later (sometimes much later). If you want to get the patch from an EA server the link is...

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patche.../patch_1_1.exe
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #1095
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
What does the patch cover?

The only patch fix listed in the new readme file is...

Patch Version Number: 1

Fixed in the patch: Fixed an incompatibility that could cause a disconnection between the PC CD version and the Digital Download versions of the game.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:45 PM   #1096
dbd1963
High School JV

My Dell hung up on the installation too. I had to go back to an ancient laptop with a p4. It runs fine, but this old thing gets right hot..
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #1097
Izulde
Head Coach

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the Roster Needs page, where it's not accounting for all the players you've got signed at a couple positions?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #1098
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963
My Dell hung up on the installation too. I had to go back to an ancient laptop with a p4. It runs fine, but this old thing gets right hot..

I will wait....and wait....until it works......or freaking stop all processes that I can, until this works...
Old 06-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #1099
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
I will wait....and wait....until it works......or freaking stop all processes that I can, until this works...

Would you announce the secret if you discover it please? I'd rather play it on my Dell. Better monitor and no burns..
Old 06-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #1100
dbd1963
High School JV

Dola

Just had my first BSD.. might be because of the older computer, but I doubt that. It really might be because I had unplugged the laptop and the battery notched down while it was doing some figuring..

Too bad because I had just done a lot of coaching with Leinert. But it was fun! I really like the practice part.