Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #1051
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck village.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #1052
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That's actually fairly easily using a process of elimination.

Simbo, Marc Vaughan - missed votes
Bhlloy, Packers, Julio, Passa - voting I was talking about yesterday
Britrock - question about the number of wolves in the game
KWhit - experienced player pushing for a landslide yesterday
Ragone - close to the list, I prefer Barkeep to him because I think I've got a better read on how I expect Barkeep to act than I do on Ragone.

Happy List
Raiders
Tyketime
GoldenEagle
mckerney
Barkeep

So that's my initial gut reaction. I'll probably want to change it around about 20 times today though.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #1053
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Keeping track of these votes is going to be fun.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #1054
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I am surprised that Autumn wasn't a wolf but I'm not necessarily convinced that PackerFanatic is. I think all this late-round switching and hooplah was probably just to try and get us to string PF back up today. Got my eye on Passa and Bhlloy. But let's do this happy list.

Happy List
Ragone
KWhit
Barkeep49
Marc Vaughan
PackerFanatic
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #1055
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That doesn't make any sense. If you think Packer is likely a villager why would you be keeping an eye on Passa and Bhlloy? You think a wolf is going to expose themselves by switching from a villager to another villager at deadline? It's not impossible I'll grant you as it might be a plan to get some trust further down the line but why wouldn't the wolf just keep his vote where it is and avoid the scrutiny?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #1056
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
That doesn't make any sense. If you think Packer is likely a villager why would you be keeping an eye on Passa and Bhlloy? You think a wolf is going to expose themselves by switching from a villager to another villager at deadline? It's not impossible I'll grant you as it might be a plan to get some trust further down the line but why wouldn't the wolf just keep his vote where it is and avoid the scrutiny?

Like I said, to get us to string PackerFanatic up today. You know, like you voted to do before you saw this new thing we're doing.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #1057
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Fair enough, that's a point I hadn't really thought about. Seems kind of out there as we'd almost certainly have strung up Autumn today if Packer had come up villager (and probably if he came up wolf as well) but who knows in this game.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #1058
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Fair enough, that's a point I hadn't really thought about. Seems kind of out there as we'd almost certainly have strung up Autumn today if Packer had come up villager (and probably if he came up wolf as well) but who knows in this game.

I suppose we probably would have. But if we did Packer first it would look worse for them, as half the people who voted for PF mumbled something about "a two-horse race" as they did so.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #1059
Barkeep49
Coordinator

GLaDOS when you say in order should the person we are happiest with be first or last?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #1060
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This should help us sort out some wolves if we can actually hit one. I'm going to be out most of today on my son's field trip and then going down to Wichita Falls for dinner/beer (stupid Oklahoma with its pussy 3.2% beer).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #1061
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I thought it would be interesting to tally up the votes on known villagers. It's part of how I will come up with my Happiness List. Yet more proof just how completely spread out this game has been

Raiders - 2
Golden - 3
Tyke - 2
Barkeep - 2
Julio - 2
Britrock - 2
Packer - 2
KWhit - 3
Bhlloy - 2
Narcizo - 1
Marc - 2 (with two no votes)
Ragone - 2
Simbo - 1 (with two no votes)
Pass - 1 (with one no vote)
mckerney - 0 (came on as a substitute)
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #1062
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Happy List
Narcizo
Bhlloy
GoldenEagle
Barkeep
mckerney

Narcizo--one of the few conducting an analysis and presents things in a logical manner (could be playing us, though); Votes don't indicate a wolf necessarily
Bhlloy--did the late day 2 switch; probably not a wolf
GoldenEagle--If Autumn wasn't a scan day 1, I'd guess GE was, which might be why DV didn't vote GE; at the time DV voted, GE had two votes on him already and was the leader
BK--gut feeling, although could be wrong.
mckerney--gut feeling, although could be wrong.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #1063
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I thought it would be interesting to tally up the votes on known villagers. It's part of how I will come up with my Happiness List. Yet more proof just how completely spread out this game has been
wha?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #1064
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay I'm probably out for most of today, but I will be back before the deadline.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #1065
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
wha?
I think he's tallying how many times we have voted for a villager.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #1066
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think he's tallying how many times we have voted for a villager.
Correct - I looked at the lists Narc came up with. Did I do that wrong?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #1067
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Heading to the office now. Here's my list (assuming the order in preference is top to bottom & more happy to less happy):

Happy List
mckerney
Narcizo
Passacaglia
Marc Vaughan
Ragone
Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #1068
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well that's a neat twist...
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #1069
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I didn't figure me making sure my vote counted yesterday mattered much in the way my actions were perceived, but I guess I was wrong. I was going to vote for one of my wolf candidates regardless, and Autumn was on the list while Packerfanatic wasn't. mckerney is super high on my list now and I don't see why people don't think he might be a wolf if indeed there are any wolves out there at all.

Happy List
Packerfanatic
Marc Vaughan
Barkeep
Britrock88
KWhit

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #1070
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I thought it would be interesting to tally up the votes on known villagers.

Problem with this is, like I said yesterday, you're probably "punishing" people for having their vote on the winning side in the cases where it was villager-villager. Until we get a wolf I don't think it tells us a great deal. In fact wolves, knowing if it is villager-villager, will actually try to avoid voting for the person they think is going to win the vote.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #1071
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I also figure nobody really digs lemon chiffon, which saddens me. We're stuck in these otherwise dull grey rooms, full of sadness and perilous unknowns.. All I wanna do is brighten things up a little.

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #1072
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Did you guys receive these cubes via PM? I have not received a cube in that way.

Not sure if we're meant to discuss PM's?

(anyway my cube has just evaporated ... perhaps we're not meant to talk about the cubes? ... what happens in the cubical stays in the cubical )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #1073
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm just trying to determine how folks are pressing these buttons and getting these cubes and whatnot.. I guess we all have them and we all have the opportunity to press those buttons..

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #1074
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Happy List
bhlloy
Raiders
mckerney
Packer Fanatic
GoldenEagle

I'm fairly sure CrimsonFox is a bad guy ....

With regards to the 'basic' cubes, I think quite a few people get them to increase the pressure of using them fast without thinking about the consequences - if you don't use them on the day you get them they seem to vanish.

I presume if you use one then you get 'super powers' or similar, so its possible we have another Seer now for all we know.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #1075
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think we need to think about how we go about avoiding a tie in this here popularity test. I suspect there might be several people who don't get any votes, which will result in a tie and Crimson not being happy. So how do we prevent that from happening?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #1076
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Problem with this is, like I said yesterday, you're probably "punishing" people for having their vote on the winning side in the cases where it was villager-villager. Until we get a wolf I don't think it tells us a great deal. In fact wolves, knowing if it is villager-villager, will actually try to avoid voting for the person they think is going to win the vote.
I agree with this. We have absolutely no concept right now if we've even had a wolf in our sights at this point so it's possible all viable options have been villagers.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #1077
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm fairly certain we're all villagers at this point as well.

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #1078
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm fairly certain we're all villagers at this point as well.
Ok so this is an interesting premise. If it's true how do we win?

While I think it's a concept worth exploring, I'm skeptical that it's true. If it is, how do we explain the people being killed with sounds that are wolfish? All of the night kill writeups have included flavor in that direction.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #1079
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

At this point, we have to nail a wolf today, and the safest bet for that is britrock. I hate to do it, because I know he is new, but all the evidence points that he is a wolf who make a mistake.

I am not going to be around at deadline most likely, so I will go ahead and throw an early vote out.

VOTE BRITROCK88
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #1080
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

GE - you might want to check out CF's post about voting today.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #1081
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Ok so this is an interesting premise. If it's true how do we win?
I'm wondering if we win by refusing to play .... or voting our GlaDos ...

Quote:
If it is, how do we explain the people being killed with sounds that are wolfish? All of the night kill writeups have included flavor in that direction.

It could be we have a real werewolf in our midst, but the 'setting' for the game isn't a fantasy one so I think thats unlikely, also the texts tended to indicate it was someone/thing badly faking it being a wolf (ie. laser/claw marks, the paw prints were mentioned as being unrealistic) ...

I don't 'get' why a person would fake something badly in that manner - they gain nothing from it, someone is dead so its something to investigate - whether its done by a wolf or an unknown person.

As such I'd put more credence in an already obviously insane computer than in it being one of us .... that being said I don't usually play these games so have no experience to back this conjecture up, but if I was going to design one of these games its how I'd have set it up
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #1082
Ragone
Pro Rookie

This happy list is nothing more then a reverse lynch for the lowest vote getter, i'm willing to bet that..

Happy list
Narcizo
Barkeep
Simbo
tyketime
Packersfanatic

Narcizo, thats a pretty fair assessment of me, first game for me and what seems to be a wildly different ruleset then any game i studied coming into this game.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #1083
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'm wondering if we win by refusing to play .... or voting our GlaDos ...

It could be we have a real werewolf in our midst, but the 'setting' for the game isn't a fantasy one so I think thats unlikely, also the texts tended to indicate it was someone/thing badly faking it being a wolf (ie. laser/claw marks, the paw prints were mentioned as being unrealistic) ...

I don't 'get' why a person would fake something badly in that manner - they gain nothing from it, someone is dead so its something to investigate - whether its done by a wolf or an unknown person.

As such I'd put more credence in an already obviously insane computer than in it being one of us .... that being said I don't usually play these games so have no experience to back this conjecture up, but if I was going to design one of these games its how I'd have set it up
In Portal 2 we learn of a way of defeating Glados, but so far everything indicates that this is Portal 1 cannon.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #1084
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
GE - you might want to check out CF's post about voting today.

WTF? All of these weird rules are kind of aggravating. I just want to play some Werewolf. If it turns out there are no wolves, I am going to be really frustrated.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #1085
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
WTF? All of these weird rules are kind of aggravating. I just want to play some Werewolf. If it turns out there are no wolves, I am going to be really frustrated.

And you signed up for a game by CF which posted absolutely no rules and said they would be revealed during the game?

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #1086
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

We either win by not playing, or this is a war of attrition and we're kind of playing survivor style. Maybe its like a combo of dungeon and regular werewolf. Maybe doing or not doing the tests put you in danger of being killed off by GlaDOS.

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #1087
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

PRESS BUTTON

?

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #1088
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We either win by not playing, or this is a war of attrition and we're kind of playing survivor style. Maybe its like a combo of dungeon and regular werewolf. Maybe doing or not doing the tests put you in danger of being killed off by GlaDOS.

I've already mentioned this a couple times. CF has been fairly specific with the flavor text, but mostly in a way that "appears" to be wolfish. And again no mention of winning with usual wolf-villager ratio. Finally, he says we are testers. That's our job. So I've tried to make it a point to participate in each test. A survivor style theme seems just as likely as anything else at this point. In fact, Survivor usually has some type of challenge where the "popular" ones are rewarded. I don't understand why some of you won't even consider the possibility. Unusual? Absolutely. Out of the realm of possibility? Not so sure about that.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #1089
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
In Portal 2 we learn of a way of defeating Glados, but so far everything indicates that this is Portal 1 cannon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

is that like THIS cannon? because I can fire you all out of one if you'd like...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #1090
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

EVERYBODY MAMBO!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #1091
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Out for an interview until afternoon. Later b-b-b-b-b-b-biouches.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #1092
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I wonder if that is what that button was for.

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #1093
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm mamboing way hard over here.

FUCK EA
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #1094
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Field trip was cancelled and I'm still off for today from work. Will be around.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #1095
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And you signed up for a game by CF which posted absolutely no rules and said they would be revealed during the game?

I know I am coming across as bitchy, but I just expected at least the core fundamentals of werewolf to be in place. I guess these happy lists could reveal some light on the wolves, once we catch one.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #1096
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I'm refusing to mambo I have some pride

I'll sit on the sidelines until a slow number comes along ... then I'll sit on the sidelines some more because I'm too shy to ask anyone to dance
Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #1097
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I know I am coming across as bitchy, but I just expected at least the core fundamentals of werewolf to be in place. I guess these happy lists could reveal some light on the wolves, once we catch one.

I hear you on the nontraditional nature of the game. Hell of a game to be my first non-dungeon Werewolf game on here. Still, we've had lynches and nightkills, even today's voting is a reverse lynch of sorts. Like you said, if we get a Wolf today, these happy lists may go a long way towards getting us on a good streak.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #1098
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Like you said, if we get a Wolf today, these happy lists may go a long way towards getting us on a good streak.

Getting a wolf would be great tbh as it'd cull the conjecture about the nature of the game itself - the longer we go without finding one the stronger the impression is given that they don't exist and we're just randomly slaughtering innocents ...
Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #1099
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

btw watching the Avengers this evening with my boys, so likely won't be around - feel free to lynch me
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #1100
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Getting a wolf would be great tbh as it'd cull the conjecture about the nature of the game itself - the longer we go without finding one the stronger the impression is given that they don't exist and we're just randomly slaughtering innocents ...

Yeah, that would be one of the benefits. I think this Happy Vote is also worth at least 2 or 3 days worth of voting patterns as well. Someone's going to have to spreadsheet it up and find the common threads.