Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #1051
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Kairosoft's newest iOS release Epic Astro Story is out in english!!!!!!!

App Store - Epic Astro Story

FTW!

Was hoping for World Cruise Stoary, but I'll take Epic Astro Story as the port from Android.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #1052
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

this one is free for the time being:
App Shopper: ZDAY Survival Simulator (Games)

Remember those adventure game book where you picked what you wanted to do at every corner? Well, it's the same in a zombie survival kinda way. When you die, cause I played it once and died, you get a score some comments about your performance. Kinda fun.

Another that's been holding my interest is Battleloot Adventures, a turn based squad based strategy loot type of game. Four types of characters but you can only take three with you on many little missions. Some RPG elements, well done.

I also picked up Dungeon Crawlers for 99 cents yesterday but have yet to play with it.

For fans of Fairway Solitaire, Faerie Solitaire Mobile is also free for the time being. VERY similar to Fairway Solitaire.

Oh, and I'm back to doing the daily runs of 1000 Heroz, and trying to get gold for all the past runs...

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (2).JPG (205.6 KB, 421 views)
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #1053
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Available on iTunes/Android/web is US Army Air Defender. Check it out; it's a free game and we'll do giveaways every month for a t-shirt and water bottle. The web version is at www.usarmyairdefender.com.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 04-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #1054
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Me! Me! Me! I love that game, wish more people played!

I keep thinking about buying that, but the $10 price tag always throws me. Kind of silly when you think about it, but there it is.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #1055
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

App Shopper: Endless Depths RPG (Games)

rogue type game that just went free and I think could have fans around these parts...

FM
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #1056
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Me! Me! Me! I love that game, wish more people played!

/tk

Cool, start a game with me!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #1057
DanGarion
Coordinator

There is a very good free iPad version of Dominion (even includes online multiplayer).
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #1058
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Cool, start a game with me!

I can't, I added you on GameCenter and am hoping you approve me. Then I can start a game with you. Since my iPhone email application is not tied to my Apple ID, it's hard for me to properly start games. You can send one to me, my email is my first initial (k) followed by my last name (which is pilotte) at gmail.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #1059
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
There is a very good free iPad version of Dominion (even includes online multiplayer).

Do you play? If yes, care to share a username? I'll download it in a sec and will be my normal ID, terpkristin. Also terpkristin at GameCenter.

If not, oh well. I'll still grab it and try to learn. Anybody want to play?

/tk
Old 04-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1060
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Infinity Blade is on sale for a buck, and is easily worth it. Graphics are crazy good. Sort of the street fighter meets a basic RPG.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1061
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't, I added you on GameCenter and am hoping you approve me. Then I can start a game with you. Since my iPhone email application is not tied to my Apple ID, it's hard for me to properly start games. You can send one to me, my email is my first initial (k) followed by my last name (which is pilotte) at gmail.

/tk

So...do I have to download GameCenter?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1062
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Infinity Blade is on sale for a buck, and is easily worth it. Graphics are crazy good. Sort of the street fighter meets a basic RPG.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #1063
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So...do I have to download GameCenter?

No it's on your iDevice by default. You need to create an identity and link it to your Apple ID. OR on Carcassonne, start a game by email, which is why I gave you my email address. I can't do it since my Carcassonne email account is not the account I use on the Mail app on my iPhone.

But GameCenter, since you have it, is easy, too. Then you can track "achievements" and what games your friends are p,suing and such. It's kinda like XBox in that regard.

Up to you but I can't start the first game of Carcassonne with someone. After we play a game, you show up in my Carcassonne friend list and I can start future games.

/tk
Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #1064
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Do you have the crashing problem with 1.4.1 that a lot of reviews are mentioning?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #1065
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I haven't seen it on my iphone. Didn't try it on my iPad.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1066
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No it's on your iDevice by default. You need to create an identity and link it to your Apple ID. OR on Carcassonne, start a game by email, which is why I gave you my email address. I can't do it since my Carcassonne email account is not the account I use on the Mail app on my iPhone.

But GameCenter, since you have it, is easy, too. Then you can track "achievements" and what games your friends are p,suing and such. It's kinda like XBox in that regard.

Up to you but I can't start the first game of Carcassonne with someone. After we play a game, you show up in my Carcassonne friend list and I can start future games.

/tk

I've heard of GameCenter, but I'm not sure if i have it. But I added you as a friend through email. Aren't you supposed to be at PAX, though?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #1067
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Another that's been holding my interest is Battleloot Adventures, a turn based squad based strategy loot type of game. Four types of characters but you can only take three with you on many little missions. Some RPG elements, well done.

FWIW, Battleloot Adventure just mentioned above is free for Easter. There's also an iPad version that also went free for two days.

FM
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #1068
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've heard of GameCenter, but I'm not sure if i have it. But I added you as a friend through email. Aren't you supposed to be at PAX, though?

I was at PAX! But that's the wonder of 3G. And I had WiFi at the hotel and was accessing stuff on my iPad when I was there.

Anyway, I started our game, looking forward to it.

/tk
Old 04-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #1069
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Two more things I saw at PAX I'd share.

First is a puzzle game called "Not Without You." Basically, you have dogs that have synchronized motion. They all must land over a door and then they'll all "fall" into the door. Sounds easy, but it was quite hard. They've got a Kickstarter. I can attest they have the PC game going and seem to have the iOS version going pretty well, too, since I played it on an iPad. I'll be chipping into this one, making it the first KS I've done. Not Without You -- Indiegogo

Second is a funny game called Uncle Slam, a presidential boxing match. Each president has his own special move (William Henry Harrison's is to sneeze on you). It's $1.99 so a little steep but if it's your thing...or, keep an eye if it goes on sale.

/tk
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1070
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I saw that Gratuitous Space Battles just came out for the iPad. It is a strategy game where you design space ships and outline basic strategies for them to use in battles. The battles themselves then play out for you. You don't have any control once you press "Battle". The ships follow your basic orders from before the battle, and you just watch. I originally saw it billed as an RTS, but while the battles happen in real time, this is NOT a CLICKFEST.

The PC version is fairly challenging. I'm imagining the iPad version to be more of the same. I'm hearing that there are some stability issues with the initial release, but it seems to be playable and the PC developers have always been responsive and supportive of the game.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #1071
Izulde
Head Coach

Epic Astro Story sadly got old very quickly for me. I have a new least favorite Kairosoft game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1072
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I saw that Gratuitous Space Battles just came out for the iPad. It is a strategy game where you design space ships and outline basic strategies for them to use in battles. The battles themselves then play out for you. You don't have any control once you press "Battle". The ships follow your basic orders from before the battle, and you just watch. I originally saw it billed as an RTS, but while the battles happen in real time, this is NOT a CLICKFEST.

The PC version is fairly challenging. I'm imagining the iPad version to be more of the same. I'm hearing that there are some stability issues with the initial release, but it seems to be playable and the PC developers have always been responsive and supportive of the game.

So it's like Battle School in Ender's Game?

Sweet!

Seems from reviews that it needs some fixing up to be worth the pricetag though.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #1073
Bobble
College Prospect

You know, someone out there ought to be porting over some of the great strategy games over to iphone. Games like Steel Panthers, Titans of Steel, other games with "Steel" in the title, that XOR football game, some of the rogelikes for the love of Mike, Pool of Radiance, Jagged Alliance, dare I say FPS Pro?, and so on. Come on, people! Do you WANT crotchety old grognards trying to play Fruit Ninja!?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1074
Bobble
College Prospect

Civ 2, Master of Orion, ... I mean, seriously, WHO IS IN CHARGE AROUND HERE!?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #1075
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
You know, someone out there ought to be porting over some of the great strategy games over to iphone. Games like Steel Panthers, Titans of Steel, other games with "Steel" in the title, that XOR football game, some of the rogelikes for the love of Mike, Pool of Radiance, Jagged Alliance, dare I say FPS Pro?, and so on. Come on, people! Do you WANT crotchety old grognards trying to play Fruit Ninja!?

Shit - you could probably port something like Panzer General over to iPad and it would fucking rock.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #1076
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Shit - you could probably port something like Panzer General over to iPad and it would fucking rock.

Battle Academy is there but it's way too expensive for an iPad game. The iPad seems perfect for wargames but not really too many out there.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #1077
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Battle Academy's creator Slitherine also made Panzer Corp which is the updated Panzer General. So even though I thought Battle Academy was overpriced at $20, I paid it anyway so they would get enough support to hopefully port Panzer Corp to the Ipad as well.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #1078
samifan24
Pro Starter

Speaking of porting solid strategy games to the iPad, Sega just released Total War Battles. It's pricey but getting great reviews so far.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #1079
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Jetpack Joyride update is out today. It's adding "gadgets" as things you can spend your coins on, but you have to unlock the ability to get each.

Jetpack Joyride's 1.3 update lands Thursday - Joystiq

According to the stats in this game, I've already sunk 1 day, 6 hours, 17 minutes, and 59 seconds into this game...and now that they have the update out, I forsee my productivity going out the window...

/tk
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #1080
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Addicted to Temple Run lately. I always loved the running levels on Crash Bandicoot.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #1081
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

can believe nobody ever brought up Dice Soccer. It's so much like many other little RPG meet casual gaming in the line of Sword & Poker, King Cashing or Dungeon Raid.

I've not played with it a lot but hey, it's free

FM
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #1082
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Looks awesome, downloading now.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #1083
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
can believe nobody ever brought up Dice Soccer. It's so much like many other little RPG meet casual gaming in the line of Sword & Poker, King Cashing or Dungeon Raid.

FM

I hate you. I mean, I don't. But I do.

/tk
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #1084
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I hate you. I mean, I don't. But I do.

/tk

I sorta, kinda knew you would. That's why I refrained from emailing and/or even posting about it on you FB wall... at least for a couple days...

FM
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #1085
samifan24
Pro Starter

The Audubon birds app is down to 99 cents from $19.99. It's pretty cool if you have any interest in birding.

The weather app Peepometer is awesome, too. It's from the Swackett guys who make an offbeat Mac weather app of the same name.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #1086
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I am playing a great game on the iPad called Defense of the Oasis - it came out as an indie game for the PC several years ago as just Oasis and I really enjoyed it then. Basically you have to explore a map by tapping on squares, discovering cities, mnes to develop technology,build roads to link your cities together, and then use all this to defend your cities from barbarian attack, all in 5-10 minutes per map. As you play there are various stories of famous pharoahs, and the challenges get greater. I think it cost 5 bucks but has been worth it for me.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #1087
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

FM

CURSE YOU FM!

I'm addicted.

For my front-three, I have

MID Steve Jeopary
FWD Ray Beeze - CF
FWD Antonio Lucacci

Damn near unstoppable because of the Through Ball mechanic, and Ray Beeze's 1-1-1-2-6-7 stat!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #1088
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyone know of a free app for google docs? I have one that can download files, but I'd like to be able to edit, too.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #1089
Easy Mac

cant you just use safari?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #1090
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess. I thought an app might be faster, though.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #1091
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
CURSE YOU FM!

I'm addicted.

MID Steve Jeopary
FWD Ray Beeze - CF
FWD Antonio Lucacci

Damn near unstoppable because of the Through Ball mechanic, and Ray Beeze's 1-1-1-2-6-7 stat!

I've yet to really play with it. Got the potential to be a huge time sinker

FM
Old 05-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #1092
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
CURSE YOU FM!

I'm addicted.

MID Steve Jeopary
FWD Ray Beeze - CF
FWD Antonio Lucacci

I have been dropping a bunch of time on this as well. I'm going to give your forward lineup a try. My defense is good enough that I should be able to gain possession with them if I can't from the front. Which one is your goal scorer?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #1093
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Jetpack Joyride is a seriously fun, addictive time-waster. Thanks for the recommendation TK.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #1094
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Jetpack Joyride is a seriously fun, addictive time-waster. Thanks for the recommendation TK.

Anytime!

I actually just got finished getting the new achievements with the "gadget" update. I have to finish getting all the gadgets, though. My stats tell me I've spent 1 day, 8 hours, 40 minutes, and 58 seconds playing this game. Wow.

/tk
Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #1095
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I have been dropping a bunch of time on this as well. I'm going to give your forward lineup a try. My defense is good enough that I should be able to gain possession with them if I can't from the front. Which one is your goal scorer?

Ray Beeze is the goal scorer. His 1-1-1-3-6-7 might seem bad, but the 6 and 7 will beat most keepers in Season 2.

Another good combo that's worked for me:

Scorer - FWD Blanc Bribery
MID Franklin Leinhard
MID Three Lung Park

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 05-02-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #1096
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ray Beeze is the goal scorer. His 1-1-1-3-6-7 might seem bad, but the 6 and 7 will beat most keepers in Season 2.

Another good combo that's worked for me:

Scorer - FWD Blanc Bribery
MID Franklin Leinhard
MID Three Lung Park

I had been going with Ray as well. He basically has a 33% chance of scoring since his 6-7 will score almost every time while his 1-1-1-2 will fail almost every time. It works out OK as long as he gets lots of chances.

It is pretty fun trying to work out the best combination of players to neutralize the other team.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #1097
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I had been going with Ray as well. He basically has a 33% chance of scoring since his 6-7 will score almost every time while his 1-1-1-2 will fail almost every time. It works out OK as long as he gets lots of chances.

It is pretty fun trying to work out the best combination of players to neutralize the other team.

One thing I didn't realize was that all those rerolls were taking up time as well. I'm going to have to just hit Play On a lot more to try to get those 2-0, 3-star wins.

Last edited by Bobble : 05-03-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #1098
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
One thing I didn't realize was that all those rerolls were taking up time as well. I'm going to have to just hit Play On a lot more to try to get those 2-0, 3-star wins.

Rerolls are great for milking the clock with a lead in a tournament game, but they can make 3-star wins tough. I use the Play On a lot.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #1099
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody here played Book of Heroes?

I've been kinda addicted to it for well over two weeks now. Easy to pick up and play, RPG style game with pretty simple battle system.

And it's free.

FM
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #1100
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
anybody here played Book of Heroes?

I've been kinda addicted to it for well over two weeks now. Easy to pick up and play, RPG style game with pretty simple battle system.

And it's free.

FM

If it gets the FM seal of approval, I'm in.

Care to share your Hero Code? Mine is 681 583 658

Last edited by BrianD : 05-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.