Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2024, 12:32 PM   #1051
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone point me to good/free fantasy football resources? Joining a family league for first time in over a decade.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 12:36 PM   #1052
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Looked into getting some Lions tickets this year, when visiting family in Detroit, but ended up buying tickets in Arizona, because flying to Arizona (from Portland) and buying those tickets was cheaper than just buying a ticket in Detroit.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-14-2024 at 12:38 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 12:58 PM   #1053
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Well, he will get to sit and learn I guess...
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 01:21 PM   #1054
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Kind of curious why they went with a repair instead of just shaving it down. The repairs have such a long recovery time and they don't work all the time.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2024, 06:00 PM   #1055
GrantDawg

The Falcons pick up a much needed pass rusher in Matthew Judon for a third round pick. That one came out of nowhere, but it was a great pickup.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2024, 12:34 AM   #1056
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bengals 25 year old Defensive End Jeff Gunter announved his retirement. He didn't play a game last year and wasn't even guaranteed on the roster yet.
yawn

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinn...tball/61879792

so he just gave up a million dolalrs. bengals already lost one DE to an achilles in training camp

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 08-15-2024 at 12:40 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #1057
GrantDawg

If the rumors are true, adding Justin Simmons along with Judon to the Falcons defense is big. Huge upgrades on the defensive side to go along with the upgrades they already had done on the offense.
Old 08-15-2024, 12:30 PM   #1058
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Bengals 25 year old Defensive End Jeff Gunter announved his retirement. He didn't play a game last year and wasn't even guaranteed on the roster yet.
yawn

Bengals defensive end Jeff Gunter retiring from NFL at 25, team announces

so he just gave up a million dolalrs. bengals already lost one DE to an achilles in training camp

He went to Coastal Carolina, so I had been keeping tabs on him in the NFL-hasn't really done or said much on social media, but did play in their preseason game this year so thought he was on his way back, but i guess not
Old 08-15-2024, 01:18 PM   #1059
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the Gunter thing is odd and there's been no hint of what it is about.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:31 PM   #1060
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't know how much attention it has been getting outside of Pittsburgh and San Francisco circles, but the Steelers and 49ers have been flirting with a deal for WR Brandon Aiyuk all summer and it seems like every 2-3 days, something is imminent and then nothing happens. I guess he wants a 4-5 year deal getting paid somewhere towards the top of the WR scale. I've heard the Steelers are willing to pay him something like $110M over 4 years and the 49ers don't want to go that high, but it seems like they are relatively close. Then there have been the rumors about the trades that have gone from multiple #1s, to a #1, to a #2 + a player (George Pickens and Pat Friermuth have reportedly been proposed), to now something like a #2 and a #3. All this complicated by the fact that the Steelers, even with Aiyuk aren't really guaranteed to even make the playoffs (it wouldn't surprise me if they finished 1st or 4th this season).

Anyway, watching the Steelers' "insiders" with this has been something. They keep trying to break the story open, but I think there is probably like an 80% chance that Aiyuk is just leveraging the 49ers for a lucrative deal.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 02:33 PM   #1061
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully they get the deal done for Aiyuk and move on from Pickens the second the season ends.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2024, 03:21 PM   #1062
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If the rumors are true, adding Justin Simmons along with Judon to the Falcons defense is big. Huge upgrades on the defensive side to go along with the upgrades they already had done on the offense.

He signed. Best Falcons off-season in a very long time.
Old 08-15-2024, 03:50 PM   #1063
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did Judon actually report?
Old 08-15-2024, 04:38 PM   #1064
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Did Judon actually report?

He is having his physical.
Old 08-15-2024, 08:07 PM   #1065
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I'm going to assume it's a crybaby thing unless told otherwise.
Old 08-16-2024, 05:37 AM   #1066
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I'm going to assume it's a crybaby thing unless told otherwise.

I don't know. Football seems right up there on a list of sports you should not play if you don't actually want to play the sport any more. A 7th round pick who has played a total of regular season snaps in his career so far?

Yeah, I think it may be time to see what a economics degree from THE Coastal Carolina University will get in the suit and tie world.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 06:21 AM   #1067
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I don't know. Football seems right up there on a list of sports you should not play if you don't actually want to play the sport any more. A 7th round pick who has played a total of regular season snaps in his career so far?

Yeah, I think it may be time to see what a economics degree from THE Coastal Carolina University will get in the suit and tie world.

Well since well known businessman/former chairman/CEO of AD Ameritrade Joe Moglia was somehow a successful head coach here and still has some association with the college, you would probably do quite well with that degree
Old 08-16-2024, 10:31 AM   #1068
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Another one bites the dust...

Report: Bengals running back out for the season after practice injury
Old 08-17-2024, 04:30 PM   #1069
GrantDawg

That's just silly...
Old 08-17-2024, 04:35 PM   #1070
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Didn’t realize the Ravens’ streak of 24 straight preseason victories was snapped. We will never see anything this amazing again I’m sure.
Old 08-17-2024, 07:13 PM   #1071
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Russ played nearly the entire 1st half and went 8-10 for 47 yards and 3 sacks. D got an INT at the PIT 44 and Russ "drove" them to the BUF 34 where Boswell missed a FG.

That is EXACTLY what last year looked like in DEN.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-17-2024 at 07:13 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 09:11 PM   #1072
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Gunter posted that he is fine mentally and physically, he just lost the fire to keep playing and so he has retired. Shame but good to him for knowing what he wants.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:46 PM   #1073
Ksyrup

I'm not going to get too excited but Nix clearly looks good enough to be the starter competing against Stidham and Wilson. He seems to have a firm grasp of the play action pass offense Payton was trying to run last year with Russ.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-18-2024, 11:39 PM   #1074
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bengals lost an OT to a knee ingury at the same time they lost the RB. It was in a joint practice with the Bears
Old 08-19-2024, 10:37 AM   #1075
Atocep
Coordinator

Colt McCoy retired today. Every time I've seen his name for like the past 5 years I've been surprised he's still playing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 11:02 AM   #1076
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Cowboys kicker made a 66 yard FG at the end of the first half against the Raiders. StatCast said it would have been good from 72 yards

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-19-2024 at 11:04 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 11:52 AM   #1077
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that my most Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud opinion about the NFL is that I wish they'd go back to the old uniform number rules.

It's annoying to watch a preseason game and see #8 make a tackle and have no idea if its a linebacker or safety or CB or what.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 11:54 AM   #1078
cuervo72
Head Coach

Fellow old man is with you on that.
Old 08-22-2024, 12:51 PM   #1079
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm so sorry, Lions fans. SI picked Detroit to win the Super Bowl, and put them on the cover.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 09:13 PM   #1080
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'll be right back - have to trade away all Lions players on my fantasy teams.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 06:15 AM   #1081
Edward64
Head Coach

Got the Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+ package (which includes SECN+) so I'm all set for the return of Petrino this season.

Watched the Falcons vs Jaguars pre-season last night. I know the Falcons had their backups in but man, they were ... less than impressive.

Also, was reminded that not every station has HD signals. Blocky on my TV.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 09:40 AM   #1082
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Da Bears trade a 2025 6th for edge rusher Darrell Taylor. Seems like a good enough trade for them. The line is the obvious weakness on the defense so Taylor can only help. If the preseason is any barometer the Bears might be more of a blitzing team in 2024. Of course it could just be a smokescreen to put stuff on tape to give the opposition something more to gameplan.

This trade was a better plan then signing Ngakoue again as I felt that they overpaid for him last year. If you watch a video of his sacks from 2022 half of them he lucked into as the QB pressure came from other players and he was just in the right place, right time.

Any Seattle fans have an opinion on Taylor?
Old 08-25-2024, 09:29 AM   #1083
Thomkal
Head Coach

So 12 Charger players and 2 women were trapped for 2 hours in an not air conditioned elevator on Friday in Dallas. Have to think that's one big elevator...

Justin Herbert ‘was a rock’ among Chargers players stuck in Dallas elevator, Jim Harbaugh says - The Athletic
Old 08-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #1084
Ksyrup

Welp... Broncos either trading or cutting Tim Patrick. My daughter bought his jersey 2 offseasons ago and he lost both seasons to injury and now, even though he looked like Nix's favorite target this offseason, he's gone.

Only right thing would be a trade to Detroit so we can still root for him.
Old 08-26-2024, 08:07 PM   #1085
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Lions are in desperate need of a WR3, so that could work!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 11:53 AM   #1086
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Twitter says multiple sources are reporting that the Cardinals will cut Desmond Ridder (who apparently lost the backup battle to the esteemed Clayton Tune)

You may remember Ridder as the guy the Falcons tried to pretend was an NFL Qb.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:57 AM   #1087
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Twitter says multiple sources are reporting that the Cardinals will cut Desmond Ridder (who apparently lost the backup battle to the esteemed Clayton Tune)

Damn
Old 08-27-2024, 11:57 AM   #1088
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I remember years ago, teams just cut down their roster and that was it. Maybe there was a little adding a dude here and there at the bottom. But it was pretty much you made the team you went to camp with or you didn't.

Now, all 32 teams have this process where cutdown day is understood to be one step in the proess to the opening day roster.

Did rules change to make this a thing? Or did teams all just get better/more aggressive at roster building?
Old 08-27-2024, 12:51 PM   #1089
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

I saw a little of Ridder in the last preseason game-looked competent, moved the ball down the field quickly, which is about all you can ask for with a backup. Given how many needs the Cards have not surprised that they are only keeping one QB if this holds out-they need the bodies elsewhere
Old 08-27-2024, 01:15 PM   #1090
Ksyrup

Based on what I've seen of Malik Willis, I'm shocked he is the backup GB chose for Jordan Love and Ridder doesn't have a job.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:38 PM   #1091
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There are very few backup quarterbacks who are any good. Other than a handful, the backup landscape is really quite barren. For most teams, if the starter goes down for any length of time, it's pretty much season over.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-27-2024, 05:52 PM   #1092
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Lions are in desperate need of a WR3, so that could work!

Looks like he's being signed to the Lions practice squad with an eye toward adding him to the roster at some point.
Old 08-27-2024, 06:48 PM   #1093
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Looks like he's being signed to the Lions practice squad with an eye toward adding him to the roster at some point.

Yes!! I just see that. I really hope it works out for all of us!
Old 08-27-2024, 07:03 PM   #1094
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So are any first rounders going to be starting?
Old 08-27-2024, 07:09 PM   #1095
GrantDawg

Many. You mean Quarterbacks or any position? Because many of the first rounders will start. As for quarterbacks, Williams, Daniels, and Bo Nix are all set to start.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2024, 07:37 PM   #1096
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Welp... Broncos either trading or cutting Tim Patrick. My daughter bought his jersey 2 offseasons ago and he lost both seasons to injury and now, even though he looked like Nix's favorite target this offseason, he's gone.

Only right thing would be a trade to Detroit so we can still root for him.

I feel like she should get someone to paint the SpongeBob character on the jersey
Old 08-28-2024, 06:36 PM   #1097
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 08-28-2024, 07:43 PM   #1098
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ha!
Old 08-28-2024, 08:27 PM   #1099
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How is the Kelce bros podcast worth 100m/3 years. At that amount he should probably stop playing football
Old 08-29-2024, 07:07 PM   #1100
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Well, his brother did....

Plus, to merge threads, I've seen a lot of commercials with Jason for... Wawa.... Specifically... sandwiches!!!!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote