Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #1051
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE DUBB93
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #1052
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think the Overlord saved his attack from yesterday because he wanted to use it when we were closer to liftoff. We had a very strong first day, so he pulled it out Day 2. I doubt we are going to see the exact same attack again today, although I fully expect the Overlord will make an appearance.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1053
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think we should all stop listening to hoops ideas and suggestions. I also think either I should get looked at by a doctor or scanned ASAP since I'm all of a sudden a suspect. Finally, if the captain says he has information about something I tend to believe he did not make that rule up and if we take that mission it will prolly make this overlord toast. Otherwise we will probably get attacked again eventually.

Sometimes you need to look outside the rules. Not everything is going to be covered in the rules. Please show me where in the rules explains EXACTLY everything that happened yesterday? Exactly. I don't think KWhit would waste the time, or even have a reason to fabricate that entire story he posted. We should take that mission.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1054
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I think the Overlord saved his attack from yesterday because he wanted to use it when we were closer to liftoff. We had a very strong first day, so he pulled it out Day 2. I doubt we are going to see the exact same attack again today, although I fully expect the Overlord will make an appearance.
I'm inclined to agree which is why we should ignore the captain that doesn't want to test dubb to be safe and wants to delay us.
-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #1055
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
I'm inclined to agree which is why we should ignore the captain that doesn't want to test dubb to be safe and wants to delay us.
-Talgian

So you honestly think KWhit made that story up and are going as far as to side with a spawn that doesn't want us to kill the overlord? So are so far off base here.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #1056
Swaggs
Coordinator

We definitely need to get Chubby to the doctor as soon as possible, since his infection has been independently witnessed and revealed by more than one person. Getting him healthy is something we can actually control, so I suggest we do that immediately.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #1057
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I think we should all stop listening to hoops ideas and suggestions. I also think either I should get looked at by a doctor or scanned ASAP since I'm all of a sudden a suspect. Finally, if the captain says he has information about something I tend to believe he did not make that rule up and if we take that mission it will prolly make this overlord toast. Otherwise we will probably get attacked again eventually.

Sometimes you need to look outside the rules. Not everything is going to be covered in the rules. Please show me where in the rules explains EXACTLY everything that happened yesterday? Exactly. I don't think KWhit would waste the time, or even have a reason to fabricate that entire story he posted. We should take that mission.
The only thing not covered in yesterday's events are the scientists researching in their room. Everything else is completely covered. The overlord's powers are left extremely vague, so I see no reason why he couldn't have done what happened. What I do find strange is that you ask to be doctor scanned, not empath scanned, and you and the captain agree completely and fully, on everything.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #1058
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The only thing not covered in yesterday's events are the scientists researching in their room. Everything else is completely covered. The overlord's powers are left extremely vague, so I see no reason why he couldn't have done what happened. What I do find strange is that you ask to be doctor scanned, not empath scanned, and you and the captain agree completely and fully, on everything.

-Talgian

You ever think there may be something to that? Like what I saw? KWhit taking the evidence that is thrown in his face? And my unwillingness to believe that he would make up some stupid story right out of star trek?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #1059
Swaggs
Coordinator

Did anyone else uncover any interesting information last night?

I thought about guarding the slave pen, but instead, just rested. I figured being wounded and without a phaser, I would have done little good and with the plan that Talgian outlined, perhaps some of the spawn would have expected one or more guards at the slave pen, so it would be worth the risk. Unfortunately, I am still wounded.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #1060
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, it takes two days of rest to heal a wound.

Dubb, so now not only should I not be checked by the doctor or empath, but no one should listen to anything I post. If people listen to you on all of this, that would be pretty convenient for you today ...
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #1061
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
You ever think there may be something to that? Like what I saw? KWhit taking the evidence that is thrown in his face? And my unwillingness to believe that he would make up some stupid story right out of star trek?
Yes. I think it's possible you're in cahoots. Granted I have very little WW experience, but it seems mighty strange for two people to completely and utterly agree with each other, no fuss. Now if this is because you're veterans and know to trust each other, then fine, although how you know the other isn't a spawn is beyond me. If you're both on the spawn team, well, this can all be cleared up with a simple empath test.

Like I said before, the only thing really separating this from being a huge he-said/she-said argument is that hoops stayed awake on N1. That is strange, but not so much as to damn him. I agree he's suspicious, but he's not the only one. All we need is a simple empath scan, which both you and the captain strongly discourage.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #1062
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well..

We dont know we have an empath or not. The doctor can only do so much in one day...

I guess the questions are what is of most import to us right now?

Doctor duties:
- Scan or try to cure Chubby (risk losing the doctor)
- Heal Swaggs (slave master)
- Heal Qwik (engineer)
- Heal Raiders (Galley master)

He can only do one of these things today right? Is Chubby replacable? can we just strip him of duty and throw him in the brig till we can vote him off? (of course the brig isnt functional currently.. minor detail!)

Engineering:
- Water plant damaged (1 cycle)
- Security HQ disabled (2 cycles)
- Beds damaged (6 cycles)

Do we throw Qwik, Path and Anxiety at the water plant and Security HQ, and just assume Hoops isnt going to help us today?

We still havent heard from Fouts to what he was up to last night.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #1063
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Agreed that hoops staying awake on night 1 is suspect. I think getting an empath here is the best method.

-Talgian

Ok, I'm the empath. I can use my power to test a statement's truth twice. I've already used the power once. Since the power is gone after this usage, there's no reason to hide it, since the Spawn gain nothing special if they get me.

What sentence should I test? I just woke up and am only on page 21, but it seems clear that I check either dubb or hoops.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #1064
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, I think we definitely cure Chubby (unless there is a risk of him killing the doctor, which it doesn't sound like right now). Curing him screws the spawns' plans for conversion and gives us someone to trust, since Chubby would be cleared.

I think we need to get the Security HQs fixed quickly, as well. That way, we can get the phasers handed out and be more effective in guarding our areas tonight. Having the phasers locked in, rather than locked out, is a bad, bad thing, in my opinon.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #1065
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Well..

We dont know we have an empath or not. The doctor can only do so much in one day...

I guess the questions are what is of most import to us right now?

Doctor duties:
- Scan or try to cure Chubby (risk losing the doctor)
- Heal Swaggs (slave master)
- Heal Qwik (engineer)
- Heal Raiders (Galley master)

He can only do one of these things today right? Is Chubby replacable? can we just strip him of duty and throw him in the brig till we can vote him off? (of course the brig isnt functional currently.. minor detail!)

Engineering:
- Water plant damaged (1 cycle)
- Security HQ disabled (2 cycles)
- Beds damaged (6 cycles)

Do we throw Qwik, Path and Anxiety at the water plant and Security HQ, and just assume Hoops isnt going to help us today?

We still havent heard from Fouts to what he was up to last night.
I strongly think it's in our best interests to try and cure chubby. There's nothing in the rules about the doctor becoming infecting, so even if this is one of those infuriating unwritten rules, I doubt the chance is very high. If we don't, then tomorrow we have a spawn on our hands, and it seems pointless to willingly let a spawnling become a spawn.

I think we should try and get the security HQ and water plant fixed, in that order. We have 4 engineers and 3 points of damage, that should be doable.

But, most of all, I'd like us to get some crystal.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #1066
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Ok, I'm the empath. I can use my power to test a statement's truth twice. I've already used the power once. Since the power is gone after this usage, there's no reason to hide it, since the Spawn gain nothing special if they get me.

What sentence should I test? I just woke up and am only on page 21, but it seems clear that I check either dubb or hoops.

I would say post 1000 by Dubb.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #1067
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd take a look at #1000 by dubb, but that's just a suggestion.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1068
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think we should try and get the security HQ and water plant fixed, in that order. We have 4 engineers and 3 points of damage, that should be doable.

OK then, does anyone on the command staff have a problem with me starting on the security HQ?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1069
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Post 1000, my 1st sentence in that post. It covers EVERYTHING!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #1070
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Maybe I just missed it, but what was the first statement you test Schmidty?

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #1071
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

-Talgian

I dont remember what he scanned, I just remember Blade getting really upset at what he chose to scan.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #1072
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
OK then, does anyone on the command staff have a problem with me starting on the security HQ?
Fine by me, although I don't know if you factor into sndvl's away mission plans.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #1073
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fine by me, although I don't know if you factor into sndvl's away mission plans.

-Talgian

wouldn't it make sense to not have our three engineers go on away missions and leave them here to fix the three points of damage that we have? (This based on the assumption that hoops is not on our side)
Old 07-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #1074
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

-Talgian

I'd be surprised if exhausted engineers would be considered a better use on an away mission than trying to fix what's broke here.

But I'll wait to see what SnDvls says.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #1075
Swaggs
Coordinator

Is there any reason to not run the away team missions right now?

I think we should get one out looking for crystilium and the other looking for the Wig. Either KWhit is telling a whopper of a tale or (and, in my opinion, much, much more likely) finding the Wig is going to be important for us to successfully complete this mission.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #1076
Schmidty
Coordinator

I just read KWit's wierd-ass order to find that Wig ship. Maybe I should test that.

Anyway, #1000 is a good suggestion. I'll wait a little bit to hear some other suggestions, but that seems like the best one to look at.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #1077
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is there any reason to not run the away team missions right now?

No, I think we need to get moving on the missions. 1 to find the Wig and 1 to mine.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #1078
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

-Talgian

he tested me yesterday...I though everyone knew he was the empathath based on him saying he scanned me yesterday and my statement.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1079
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

-Talgian

It was Sn's statement about bullet being clean.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1080
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I just read KWit's wierd-ass order to find that Wig ship. Maybe I should test that.

Heh. That would be fine, but wouldn't clear up our Hoops-Dubb mystery.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1081
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I rest today...I'm not doing anything but rest.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1082
Swaggs
Coordinator

I also think we should use slaves instead of the engineers on the away missions. The slaves are much more expendable and much less dangerous if infected, since they are NPCs and presumably do not have night actions, special skills, etc.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1083
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
wouldn't it make sense to not have our three engineers go on away missions and leave them here to fix the three points of damage that we have? (This based on the assumption that hoops is not on our side)
Yes, but at this point I think kwhit and dubb's behavior is either spawny or really, really, really...not smart. So I'm not making the assumption that hoops is a spawn. Really, the empath scan should clear up everything, assuming the empath is clean. Which I really hope he is.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1084
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I'd be surprised if exhausted engineers would be considered a better use on an away mission than trying to fix what's broke here.

But I'll wait to see what SnDvls says.

path and all engineers shoud be fixing stuff today
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #1085
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

-Talgian

I tested SnDvls statement: "bullet is clean".
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #1086
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot

actually you should work during the day and rest at night to get healed.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #1087
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
he tested me yesterday...I though everyone knew he was the empathath based on him saying he scanned me yesterday and my statement.

I had forgotten that he had already "come out." That makes my reasons against scanning Dubb's statement less meaningful. I still think it's likely unneccesary....
Old 07-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #1088
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path and all engineers shoud be fixing stuff today

Sir yes sir!

Reporting to security HQ.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #1089
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If hoops is bad, and you dont fix anything, we won't have everything repaired. I think we need you fixing again today unfortunatly
Old 07-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #1090
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
If hoops is a spawn, we're really going to need all our engineers working. Or if one goes on an away mission. Or for a myriad of reasons. But actions aren't due until 9:30, so we have some time.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #1091
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, but at this point I think kwhit and dubb's behavior is either spawny or really, really, really...not smart.

You know, I'm not trying to start anything here, but I kind of get that vibe from you and hoops moreso than dubb and kwhit. Just saying.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1092
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm not sending any engineers on away missions

we need some stuff fixed first, we have enough bodies to send on missions without wasting an engineer on one.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1093
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but at this point I think kwhit and dubb's behavior is either spawny or really, really, really...not smart. So I'm not making the assumption that hoops is a spawn. Really, the empath scan should clear up everything, assuming the empath is clean. Which I really hope he is.

-Talgian

OK smart guy. Wait for the scan result and we will see who's behavior is REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT SMART.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1094
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

-Talgian

This really throws me off with you.

Dubb outted Chubby as being infected with a spawn before you verified that you had the same knowledge. That puts him in relatively good standing with me, for now.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #1095
SnDvls
Pro Starter

any reason fouts is exhuasted? could he be the 2nd person in dubbs spying?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1096
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, screw it. I'm sending the PM to BK to test post #1000.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1097
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I think we have to strongly consider that he may be.

He went on the mission yesterday, right?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1098
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

That's a fair suspicion. He hasn't been around yet today though.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #1099
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think we have to strongly consider that he may be.

He went on the mission yesterday, right?

no missions yesterday...remember I was incapaciated and unable to do them.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #1100
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
no missions yesterday...remember I was incapaciated and unable to do them.

Right. But on the first day, he went out, so he could have been infected, right?