knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #1053
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Passacaglia voted for SnDvls.

For whatever its worth, Raiders Army did not vote for Qwik on day 1 and did not vote for SnDvls on day 2, and now this for day 3. He was one of the ones on my short list.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #1054
st.cronin
General Manager

He was actually the first one to vote for WVUFan - at the time, I read that as a neutral vote. Superman and SnDvls had multiple votes at the time. Were he a death eater, the obvious play was to vote for Superman.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #1055
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Regretfully, I'm extremely busy at work now. Don't look for me to be paying a lot of attention till after work.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #1056
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He was actually the first one to vote for WVUFan - at the time, I read that as a neutral vote. Superman and SnDvls had multiple votes at the time. Were he a death eater, the obvious play was to vote for Superman.

Ok fair enough, I dont have my sheet where I recorded the vote order from yesterday with me here at work. I was being too lazy to go back and look it up from where i posted it too
Old 01-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #1057
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ok fair enough, I dont have my sheet where I recorded the vote order from yesterday with me here at work. I was being too lazy to go back and look it up from where i posted it too

His voting record doesn't clear him, either. It's just not as incriminating as some others.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #1058
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
How about the fact that he tied up the vote by voting away from the DE with just a couple minutes before the deadline. It is compounded by the fact that Sun would have been clean on a seer scan, so we can assume the DE's may have taken some risks yesterday with that in mind.

I see. TBH, I scrolled to the Saladana resolution post when I got on last night as I got tired of reading the physics of HP teleport theory posts.

Now that my CW-King conspiracy theory apparently hasn't panned out, I agree that whoever switched away from SnDvls at the last minute is highly suspicious. Althought at the same time, in their defense, I feel that I probably would not have switched from CW to SnDvls had I been on to change votes.

I felt that the reward of keeping Neon alive another night outweighed the risks. It looks likely that Neon would have lived another night, even with SnDvls lying about his ability to protect.

I wouldn't have wanted him to waste a scan on SnDvls because if Neon had lived another night, it still wouldn't have cleared SnDvls to me and I think the scan could have been put to better use. It sounds like he probably would have scanned you (not an accusation, just what he said).

Everyone says, oh the SnDvls lie was so obvious, but people have to understand that this lingo is Greek to a lot of people, including me. So Neon saying liar, liar over and over doesn't make it sink in necessarily. Usually, I like to feel comfortable that I know something for sure, especially when deciding someone's fate, rather than relying on the word of someone else.

My BS meter was definitely going off on SnDvls statements, and I probed SnDvls a little on it. It went off further when he hedged on saying what his role was. I still felt like there was the possibility of him just being a bad defender. We've seen it before.

I think we should also look at who laid the groundwork against WVUFan. Anyway, those are my many cents. I'm going to wait until near the end to decide who to vote for unless something obvious occurs.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #1059
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Passacaglia voted for SnDvls.
Gotcha.

UNVOTE PASS

Too lazy to really look through the thread.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #1060
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dola-

Somehow my name has come up in suspicion by CODER and St. CRONIN ( who has since unvoted me)

If anyone should be in a circle of trust it should be me! I called out sndvls about his bullshit spell long before anyone else did. See posts:

If these don't clear me of any wrongdoinings i don't know what will. Usually I wouldn't even point this out at this point but I know how quickly a mob can start and I have to go to work soon.

I am now keeping my eyes on coder and st.cronin.

I was actually meaning to repent that... I was mistaken. When I went back to read some of the old stuff I didn't see anything that made me suspicious about you.. it was actually the opposite. Sorry about that..

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #1061
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
fair enough, remove st. cronin.

coder?

See my last post.. but I never voted for you.. My vote for Wednesday still stands and will most likely do so until the deadline since I'll be asleep within one hour.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #1062
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
For whatever its worth, Raiders Army did not vote for Qwik on day 1 and did not vote for SnDvls on day 2, and now this for day 3. He was one of the ones on my short list.
Maybe I missed it, but where is your short list? As stated previously, I was the first to vote for WVUFan and I was willing to change my vote had he come back with something other than I'm reading the thread. As far as what I scanned, he still didn't have anything to say even when his head was on the block. I would think that those who started the bandwagon on WVUFan would be on your short list, not me.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #1063
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm inclined to give wvufan a pass, the odds of us having a dead heat and them both being death eaters is astronomical...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #1064
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm inclined to give wvufan a pass, the odds of us having a dead heat and them both being death eaters is astronomical...

Astronomical and would reflect incredibly poor luck on the part of the death eaters. I'm assuming that WVUFan is human, but I'm also reminding myself that it is just an assumption, that it's not a completely open and shut case.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #1065
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Maybe I missed it, but where is your short list? As stated previously, I was the first to vote for WVUFan and I was willing to change my vote had he come back with something other than I'm reading the thread. As far as what I scanned, he still didn't have anything to say even when his head was on the block. I would think that those who started the bandwagon on WVUFan would be on your short list, not me.

I posted it I think a page back, my short list for now are people who did not vote for Sndvls yesterday, coupled with people who had odd picks on day one. Probably 6-8 people right now I guess.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #1066
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Astronomical and would reflect incredibly poor luck on the part of the death eaters. I'm assuming that WVUFan is human, but I'm also reminding myself that it is just an assumption, that it's not a completely open and shut case.

I can picture a scenario where they find themselves with two DEs leading the voting and trying to force a tie and hoping no one breaks it. It seems far less likely than WVUFan as a wizard, but you never know.

Last edited by Desnudo : 01-11-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #1067
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I can picture a scenario where they find themselves with two DEs leading the voting and trying to force a tie and hoping no one breaks it. It seems far less likely than WVUFan as a wizard, but you never know.

That would be a good theory, but the hole in it is that the game has a built in tie breaker in the case a player can't break it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #1068
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Rules state there in case of no Magical tiebreaker, the person who received their final lynching vote first would be lynched. So that wouldn't have saved Sndvls if that was the case.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #1069
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
That would be a good theory, but the hole in it is that the game has a built in tie breaker in the case a player can't break it.

The game in general, or this game specifically? I was under the impression that a tie would result in a no-kill unless someone stepped forward to break it.

Edit: NM, Alan T just answered.

Last edited by Desnudo : 01-11-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #1070
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, here is my theory. sndvls had no Harry Potter expierience that I know of so for him to make up his story he had to do alot of online research or another death eater was PMing him what say to try and wiggle his way out.

What leads me to this theory is sndvls mentions another spell, reparo, which is an actuall spell from the books. The odds that someone who hasn't read the books will come up with this is a long shot at best.

On post #71 Path12 seems excited about the Harry Potter theme which leads me to belive he has read the books. I think it is possible that path12 was feeding lines to sndvls.

Once it seemed to late for sundvls Path12 voted very late for wvufan.

It's not much to go on and I need to go to work soon

VOTE
PATH12
Old 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #1071
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
On post #71 Path12 seems excited about the Harry Potter theme which leads me to belive he has read the books. I think it is possible that path12 was feeding lines to sndvls.

Yep, I've read them all. Nope, I was not feeding lines to SnDvls.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #1072
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Or even more likely, they try to have WVUFan be the one killed instead of SnDvls, and then hope that Neon actually follows through on scanning SnDvls and clears him (assuming no such thing would have been possible with WVUFan).

This is all hypothetical, I have no reason whatsoever for thinking WVUFan is another DE.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #1073
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

off to work now, lets hope we make it three for three...
Old 01-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #1074
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Or even more likely, they try to have WVUFan be the one killed instead of SnDvls, and then hope that Neon actually follows through on scanning SnDvls and clears him (assuming no such thing would have been possible with WVUFan).

This is all hypothetical, I have no reason whatsoever for thinking WVUFan is another DE.
To me it's a toss-up. Initially, I thought that the wolves wouldn't try a gambit like that so early in the game. Then again, if they have the numbers it would be good to do early in the game as opposed to later in the game.

I think bottom line is that he probably isn't a wolf. It's doubtful that after they got burned on day 1 they would go with a 100% chance of a wolf getting lynched on day 2. Just my two cents.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #1075
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heh, I hit 9000 posts sometime...probably today. Rock on.

Fortunately, today looks to be a slow day at work.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #1076
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm leaving work. 5 hours left for votes, what I have so far is:

Mr.wednesday 3
Path 3
Jeeber 2
Old 01-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #1077
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Heh, I hit 9000 posts sometime...probably today. Rock on.

And Alan just hit the big 1-0-0-0. Congrats!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #1078
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alan, you forgot king's vote for...me. Grrr!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #1079
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Just got caught up on the reading. As far as the invisibility cloak goes it twas not mine. I am not keen on pointing the finger at anyone right now. I'm out to dinner maybe some more damning evidence will come out by the time I get back.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #1080
WVUFAN
College Starter

I had the invisibility cloak.

I saw two people leave, and followed one that was closest to me, and tripped over a bin. The Death Eater attacked me and destroyed the cloak, then attacked again as I was running away, saying "Obliviate", and I woke up in my room. I have no memory of whom I saw.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #1081
path12
Coordinator

Might as well get a vote in now, since I'll be out from 8:00 eastern on through the deadline.

Mr W and I appear to be the main suspects due to our late votes yesterday. I know it's not me, so:

VOTE MR WEDNESDAY

With the caveat that there are a hell of a lot of people being very quiet around here. Just sayin'.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #1082
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
I had the invisibility cloak.

I saw two people leave, and followed one that was closest to me, and tripped over a bin. The Death Eater attacked me and destroyed the cloak, then attacked again as I was running away, saying "Obliviate", and I woke up in my room. I have no memory of whom I saw.

Interesting. Can you elaborate? What were you trying to do? Were you following anybody in particular, or just wandering?

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #1083
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Interesting. Can you elaborate? What were you trying to do? Were you following anybody in particular, or just wandering?

I was not following anyone specifically. I figured I could maybe see multiple DE's if I hung around, and I did see TWO OF THEM. I followed them, and saw both enter Neon's house. When they came out, they separated and went in two different directions, so I followed the one that was closer to my own house. That's when I stupidly got the hem of the cloak stuck on the bin and had it knocked over. He saw me, attacked me with a Severing Charm and them hit me again. That's all I remember. I did this with the best of intentions -- maybe we could get another today, but I can't remember anything.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #1084
JeeberD
General Manager

Well, it's time for me to head off towards the pre-game party. I haven't seen anything damning since I made a fool of myself earlier, so I'll follow the lead of someone that I trust. I feel pretty certain that Lathum is an innocent villager and he's played way more of these games than I have, so I trust his gut and I'm going to side with him.

Vote path12

See y'all in the morning. Go Miners!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #1085
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I was not following anyone specifically. I figured I could maybe see multiple DE's if I hung around, and I did see TWO OF THEM. I followed them, and saw both enter Neon's house. When they came out, they separated and went in two different directions, so I followed the one that was closer to my own house. That's when I stupidly got the hem of the cloak stuck on the bin and had it knocked over. He saw me, attacked me with a Severing Charm and them hit me again. That's all I remember. I did this with the best of intentions -- maybe we could get another today, but I can't remember anything.

You know...this is a one time use item, according to the rules.

Why on earth would this item be this utterly useless.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #1086
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

One of the DE's has a secondary role, I figure, that allows them to erase memory. It wouldn't have been useless, only this person must have used the ability on me.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #1087
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

Maybe WVUFan had a little *glug*glug hic*hic* before leaving his home.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #1088
st.cronin
General Manager

Has WVUFan voted yet?

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #1089
WVUFAN
College Starter

No, I haven't.

I haven't decided who to vote for yet.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #1090
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ok, it looks like AE is good. For now.

UNVOTE AE

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

Now let's see what happens...
Old 01-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #1091
WVUFAN
College Starter

Path and Mr Wednesday both voted less than a minute apart, as close to the deadline as possible to sway the vote to a tie, or to have me lynched. This seems to me to be a last second attempt to save their most valuable DE.

VOTE MR. WEDNESDAY
Old 01-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #1092
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Your story doesn't sound right. It's really...off.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #1093
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Thought so too?

Problem is, unless someone comes forward to dispute it as the "real" cloak bearer...there's nothing other than a general gut feeling. So I dunno.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #1094
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I see WVUFan is reading right now, so maybe he can explain a little more.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #1095
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I agree. It's very weird. I wonder if WVUFan could be the Dark Lord's spy? On the other hand, I can't figure out what he's trying to accomplish if he's not a good wizard.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #1096
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I've gotta take my daughter to Tae Kwon Do here in about half an hour, so I'll need something before then to base my vote on. I will probably check in once I get back, but Lost is on tonight.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #1097
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
A fair point. So, if the witness was superman, schmidty, or dacman, please come forward, by all means - you three are, to me, cleared beyond any doubt.

I'm still reading through and digesting, but I wasn't the witness.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #1098
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
I see WVUFan is reading right now, so maybe he can explain a little more.

Don't know what else I could explain. I decided to use my cloak tonight to carve out a third DE in three nights -- I figured this was as good as a night as any to do it.

As for the memory thing -- I honestly wish I could explain it. The last thing I remember is the DE saying the word "Obliviate". I woke up several hours later in my house. I know it sounds suspicious, but it's all I know, honestly.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #1099
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Works picking up for me. A few stray checkins that didn't get here yesterday. I got to "indoc" them. I'll be back shortly.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #1100
st.cronin
General Manager

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obliviator

An Obliviator is, in the Harry Potter novel series by J. K. Rowling, the designation for a Ministry of Magic employee who has the task of modifying the memory of a Muggle after witnessing incidents belonging to the magic world.

They are first called so in the sixth volume, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, although the mentioned practice already appears in the previous novels. The act of memory modification can be used by any wizard, by using the spell, "Obliviate." This event, however, is frowned upon in the wizarding society; most believe that memory modification should be done by Obliviators only.

Examples of times in which a memory charm was committed include when Professor Gilderoy Lockhart attempts to erase the memories of Harry and Ron in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and when Harry's Aunt Marge's mind is modified (although this is never seen first hand) in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

knives out