Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #1051
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
the first time he tries that shit on an NFL OLB, he gets jacked the fuck up and is never heard from again.

Yeah...me thinks Patrick Willis would have a field day with this guy.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #1052
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The Bears are the first to sign all of their draft picks. No round 1 or 2 picks, but still...good job.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #1053
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Jamaal Brown traded to the Skins

Quote:

Updating a previous item, the New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan reports the Saints and Redskins have agreed on a trade for restricted free agent LT Jammal Brown.
Duncan is still tracking down the Saints' compensation, and Brown will have to sign his tender before deal goes through. A Pro Bowler as recently as 2008, Brown should immediately upgrade a shaky Redskins offensive line as long as he checks out phyiscally. Brown will presumably stay on the blind side, as rookie Trent Williams was also considered ideally suited to the right side in college. Artis Hicks will move inside to right guard, upgrading a second position up front. It's great news for Donovan McNabb's fantasy value.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #1054
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Meh- I'll take a 4th round pick for him... he doesn't have much value, has been injured more lately, and is always good for a couple holding calls.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #1055
Tigercat
College Starter

Brown will probably play RT for the Skins this year. He had lost some movement ability his last "healthy" year in '08, no telling how much he lost with his latest time off, missing all of last year. His knees are too bad to be counted on to protect the blindside. That is why he was such a no brainer to trade for the Saints. Saints already have perhaps the most consistent RT in the NFL in Stinchcomb, and Brown was disgrunteled. (I can't blame him, he is a former pro bowler who's career is getting shorter and shorter due to his bad knees and not how hard he plays. He needs to make as much money as he can ASAP.)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #1056
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I also see him at RT- all the news outlets yesterday still had him at LT, but I remember early in his career he was very good at RT.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #1057
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If the Skins can get more than 10 games out of Brown's knees, I'll consider it a win for them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #1058
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

FUCK shit. Steve Smith broke his arm again , this time playing flag football. Same arm he broke late last season. fml. He should be ready for the season, and everyone knows hes a tough sob but it surely doesn't help his progress that's for sure. I really really hope hes got a couple more solid seasons left in him (hes 31, and thats old for the NFL...). One of my favorite players ever, and clearly one of the best receivers in the game since 2003.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 06-21-2010 at 04:47 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1059
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Giants rookie S Chad Jones got messed up pretty bad in a car crash this am...

http://www.wwl.com/2-sport-star-Chad...-crash/7553211
Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #1060
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

holy fuck. wtf did he hit!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #1061
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
holy fuck. wtf did he hit!!

It was on Carrolton in New Orleans- must have been a telephone pole- they have some solid concrete ones in that area
Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #1062
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Chuck Norris.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #1063
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Chuck Norris.

winner
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #1064
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

--BATON ROUGE - Former LSU football and baseball player Chad Jones was in surgery and in critical condition this morning at University Hospital in New Orleans after breaking his left leg in a one-car accident at around 5:30 a.m. today on Carrollton Avenue, according to University Hospital and New Orleans Police.

There is artery and nerve damage in his left leg, according to the hospital, and he was in critical condition as of 10:15 a.m.

Jones lost control of the vehicle he was driving and hit a streetcar pole, according to police. Two passengers with Jones were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Jones was charged with careless operation of a vehicle.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-25-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #1065
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

5:30am - I sure hope they tested him for alcohol and drugs. This dude be fucked methinks.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #1066
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick | ProFootballTalk.com

At the very least Vick still has problems making decisions about who he associates with. If more, watch out.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #1067
Thomkal
Head Coach

well if this Phillips guy was invited to Vick's party by Vick then he'll be hearing from the Commissioner shortly I think. If he showed up uninvited and spurred a confrontation with Vick, it may not be so bad for Vick.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1068
Ksyrup

The lack of shooting accuracy definitely points at Vick.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #1069
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well if this Phillips guy was invited to Vick's party by Vick then he'll be hearing from the Commissioner shortly I think.

Hopefully hearing from both the commish & his federal probation officer. If he was invited, watching that sack of shit go back to prison where he belongs would be one of the sweetest stories of the year.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #1070
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

It sounds like to me that he showed up uninvited, thus why vick confronted him (i really dont think they got in a confrontation about cake, if they did , lmfao). I doubt Vick shot him, was around when he was shot, or got him shot. imho I think Vick learned from the whole prison term / dog fighting thing, and he knows not to fuck up again. But yea I'm guessing this guy showed up uninvited and Vick wanted him to gtfo.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 06-25-2010 at 08:46 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #1071
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I don't think Vick would shoot anyone.

He'd probably just release the dogs to chase a person away.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #1072
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hopefully hearing from both the commish & his federal probation officer. If he was invited, watching that sack of shit go back to prison where he belongs would be one of the sweetest stories of the year.

something else we agree on
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #1073
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think Vick is probably not involved in this one. These type of even parties are advertised pretty heavily among the community. I'm willing to bet that Phillips just crashed and mouthed off to the wrong person.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #1074
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand arrested on suspicion of DUI - ESPN

Lions president arrested for suspicion of drunken driving.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #1075
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like he'll be a Bengal soon.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #1076
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Detroit Lions president Tom Lewand arrested on suspicion of DUI - ESPN

Lions president arrested for suspicion of drunken driving.

Well drunken behavior at a charity golf event is certainly better than being naked and drunk at a fast food drive through.

I <3 the Lions.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #1077
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Well drunken behavior at a charity golf event is certainly better than being naked and drunk at a fast food drive through.

I <3 the Lions.

lol...before you posted this, I had clicked this link and thought immediately of posting something very similar. Heh, heh... some jokes write themselves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #1078
DeToxRox
Head Coach

From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers RT Willie Colon expects to undergo season-ending Achilles' surgery on Wednesday.

Colon is the Steelers' best lineman, so this is a very tough loss for Rashard Mendenhall, immobile fill-in QB Byron Leftwich, and Ben Roethlisberger once he returns from suspension. Pittsburgh's most likely Week 1 front-five lineup now probably would have Trai Essex moving from guard to right tackle, Max Starks staying on the left side, and Maurkice Pouncey, Justin Hartwig, and Chris Kemoeatu on the interior. What once appeared to be a revamped and potentially promising group for 2010 has taken a significant blow.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 06-28-2010 at 03:08 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #1079
MikeVic
Head Coach

Boo.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1080
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That should be an upgrade for us.

You realize this guy can't even line up on the line of scrimmage every time? He's replacement talent at best. Statistically they've been 25th the last two years at running to the right tackle. He probably shouldn't even start on the Lions.

Last edited by stevew : 06-28-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #1081
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

You realize this guy can't even line up on the line of scrimmage every time? He's replacement talent at best.

But then how bad are the backups?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #1082
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post

I <3 the Lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...before you posted this, I had clicked this link and thought immediately of posting something very similar. Heh, heh... some jokes write themselves.

Both of your moms like to be naked and drunk at a fast food drive through.

Quote:

You realize this guy can't even line up on the line of scrimmage every time? He's replacement talent at best. Statistically they've been 25th the last two years at running to the right tackle. He probably shouldn't even start on the Lions.

Your mom shouldn't even start on the Lions.

Some jokes DO write themselves.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #1083
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
But then how bad are the backups?

It's the whole thing where a coach gets his "guys." Cowher's guys were dudes like Kreider, that one godawful center who was the center of the future for like 5 seasons, Kreidwalt, that stupid ass special teamer guy who's name escapes me. Most of these guys are on Arizona now.

Anyways, Colon is a Tomlin guy. No matter how bad his faults were, he was getting run out there, goddammit. I'm sure they can coach someone up to be as mediocre as Colon in a second.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #1084
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's the whole thing where a coach gets his "guys." Cowher's guys were dudes like Kreider, that one godawful center who was the center of the future for like 5 seasons, Kreidwalt, that stupid ass special teamer guy who's name escapes me. Most of these guys are on Arizona now.

Anyways, Colon is a Tomlin guy. No matter how bad his faults were, he was getting run out there, goddammit. I'm sure they can coach someone up to be as mediocre as Colon in a second.

Chukky Okobi?
Sean Morey?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #1085
DataKing
Pro Rookie

A Bengal has been arrested. SHOCKER!!!

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #1086
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Lions have the worst secondary in the NFL.

And now they've added Dre Bly.

Welcome back, Dre! You were quite the little bitch the first time around and not really all that good, though you did make some plays, which is more then most 'round here in the last 10 years or so. So, we'll let bygones by bygones and start fresh.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #1087
JediKooter
Coordinator

Vincent Jackson suspended for 3 games. That's what you get for kicking a challenge flag in the playoffs...oh and the two DUIs.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #1088
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Both of your moms like to be naked and drunk at a fast food drive through.

Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #1089
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ah the fun keeps coming with Jamarcus Russell:

Former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell facing drug charge in Alabama - ContraCostaTimes.com
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #1090
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

i liked.

Quote:
“@EricStangel: NFL: JaMarcus Russell arrested for possession of codeine syrup. Raiders suddenly interested. Close to re-signing”
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #1091
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Steelers' Tomlin receives contract extension

Quote:
The Steelers have ended speculation about Mike Tomlin's status as their coach by coming to an agreement with him on a three-year contract extension, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.
Tomlin's new contract will carry him through 2014. His previous contract, signed when the Steelers hired him in '07, had one year and an option left. The five-year deal was worth an average of $2.5 million annually.
The Steelers have not yet announced Tomlin's new contract and financial terms were unavailable.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #1092
Ksyrup

I'm reading on another board that ESPN is reporting Bradford will sign for $45M guaranteed.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #1093
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm reading on another board that ESPN is reporting Bradford will sign for $45M guaranteed.

Getting the #1 overall pick in before camp shows both a player and a team with the right priority and a professional mindset. If one or both of them has a problem, then you can see those kinds of holdouts.

Not to keep this thread all about JaMarcus Russell.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #1094
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

St. Louis Rams, Sam Bradford's rep open contract negotiations - ESPN

I truly believe these owners get a raging boner just to say they have negotiated the "richest contract in NFL history".
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #1095
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

"I feel sorry for Terrell Owens. It's sad that he's unemployed."

This is what a 22 year old intern at my job who makes $10 a day said to me. She said she had been watching his show & could not understand why this poor man did not have a job.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #1096
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

This was found in SI this week, so I can't take credit for it, but still a great stat.

After Daniel Bullocks was released by the Lions, the team now has 0 draft picks remaining on the team from Millens drafts from 2002-2006.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #1097
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
This was found in SI this week, so I can't take credit for it, but still a great stat.

After Daniel Bullocks was released by the Lions, the team now has 0 draft picks remaining on the team from Millens drafts from 2002-2006.

You know who else was released by the Lions?

YOUR MOM
Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #1098
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
You know who else was released by the Lions?

YOUR MOM

To be fair, even Millen didn't want his mom.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #1099
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

is she a prostitute?

-jeff ireland
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #1100
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
To be fair, even Millen didn't want his mom.

Understandable though, she is not a WR.