Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #1051
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
overtimes are fun

Triple OT coming up, I almost don't want to end (even though I am not a fan of either but it's been entertaining).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #1052
mccollins
College Prospect

As I head to bed, I'll throw it out there that for now I believe the reveals and won't be voting for these players.

There have been no counters, but I see Chief Rum online now and I'm interested to hear his thoughts on all this.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #1053
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Triple OT coming up, I almost don't want to end (even though I am not a fan of either but it's been entertaining).

i dont want it to end either.. i'm pretty pissed at the pens right now and i don't particularly like detroit but this has been a great game
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #1054
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
deadline!

and this sucks! im not a 0 anymore

Fear not, clap. You'll always be a 0 to me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #1055
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seolian View Post
This is a tough game to get a hold of and learn what each other is doing for sure. So much changing votes and everything, but I guess that is expected when we really dont know who is who and it changes from game to game. Does it get easier to read people the longer you play?

Didn't see anyone respond to this yet.

Yes and no. Yes, you get a feel for some players and how they play, and sometimes you can get very in tune with them. Sometimes, though, you will always get a bad read, or a bad impression. It's different for different players.

Where possible I always try to "refresh" everyone in my mind, so I can judge their actions rationally, but it's difficult to do. In some respect, you as a new player might have the best, most uncluttered view.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #1056
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
you decide that Perdue brad looks like he maybe a dog pretending to be a kitten! you take him off to the pool to drown and he starts yipping! and swims across the pool, before he come out the other side, and huge LOLRUSS comes up and eats him....

PERDUE BRAD WAS THE CHIHUHUA

Wow, great job, guys! Kudos to st.cronin (I haven't gotten tot he night deadline, so I hope he's still alive).

I am guessing my coin flip theory came up tails.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #1057
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
As I head to bed, I'll throw it out there that for now I believe the reveals and won't be voting for these players.

There have been no counters, but I see Chief Rum online now and I'm interested to hear his thoughts on all this.

Oh just saw this. Sorry, mccollins, I will try to respond soon, but being away all day means I have to catch up. I just got to the day deadline. I'll try to speed it up.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #1058
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Personally, no, I don't.

I mean if the stray is somehow STILL out there, now they REALLY need to come forward, but I don't think anyone but Cronin is the stray.

BTW, I'm not the stray, so as far as I know, cronin is telling the truth.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #1059
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I still am not sure what to make of CR's vote on me.

If you recall, CW, my vote really didn't have anything to do with any information or overt game actions, but where you voted and the eliminations of others from consideration for that vote alone. It wasn't that you were necessarily a good candidate, but based on what I knew and using some (now shown to be false) guesswork, you came out as the best candidate.

Now that I know PB was indeed a wolf, that blew my little analysis all to hell and gone, so the reason to vote for you is now gone. Doesn't clear you, but your clear of my faulty reasoning when I made the vote.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #1060
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have now gotten several hours past the day deadline, when PB's doggyness was revealed, and no one has yet posted a re-analysis of the Day One vote? Are we rolling with st.cronin's take?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #1061
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Another look at day 1:

Coffee Warlord votes Hoopsguy (111)
EagleFan votes PurdueBrad (128)
KWhit votes jeheinz72 (133)
Lathum votes Coffee Warlord (135)
The Jackal votes KWhit (140)
jeheinz72 votes The Jackal (150)
st.cronin votes Lathum (157)
PurdueBrad votes st.cronin (168)
st.cronin unvotes Lathum, votes PurdueBrad (174)
oliegirl votes hoopsguy (185)
Lathum unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes PurdueBrad (187)
Coffee Warlord unvotes hoopsguy, votes oliegirl (188)
jeheinz72 unvotes The Jackal, votes hoopsguy (189)
Seolian votes Coffee Warlord (193)
EagleFan unvotes PurdueBrad (197)
Chief Rum votes PurdueBrad (201)
EagleFan votes hoopsguy (203)
dangarion votes Lathum (204)
Seolian unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes Lathum (207) ***I think this vote was ruled illegal
Alan T votes PurdueBrad (209)
mccollins votes EagleFan (218)
PurdueBrad unvotes st.cronin, votes for mccollins (232)
Lathum unvotes PurdueBrad, votes mccollins (235)
hoopsguy votes jeheinz72 (250)
jeheinz72 unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (270)
mccollins unvotes EagleFan, votes st.cronin (283)
KWhit unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (290)

st.cronin gets nervous
Passacaglia votes hoopsguy (299)
Coffee Warlord unvotes oliegirl, votes PurdueBrad (311)
PurdueBrad unvotes mccollins (313)
Lathum unvotes mccollins, votes hoopsguy (314)
hoopsguy unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (318)
mccollins unvotes st.cronin, votes Coffee Warlord (358)
PurdueBrad votes hoopsguy (364)
Lathum unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (366)
Passacaglia unvotes hoopsguy, votes PurdueBrad (367)
PurdueBrad unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (371)

Passacaglia, I think, has to be considered kitteh. PurdueBrad was under a lot of pressure, but did put a vote on hoopsguy late. He did move this vote, so I'm not sure much can be read into it. KWhit, mccollins, and jeheinz72 all moved onto me fairly late. I am guessing at least one of those is a wolf.

Oh good.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #1062
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I like the whittling CODT (Distrust) we got going, even if I am on it. That's a pretty fair group to go off of, and still includes a lot of people I have had suspicions about at some point or another throughout the game.

I am not liking the KWhit vote right now. When I did my analysis the other night, I went over KWhit a lot, and I just didn't buy it. He votes too soon for one thing, on Day One. Wolves don't usually vote that eitherm especially when they will be around later (he was, he changed his vote closer to deadlone).

And as I told PB (ironically) last night, I'm not a big believer in the "wolves are in the run" theory, especially when the run is so obvious. KWhit in particular, as a veteran player, would not put the third vote down in a three vote run on st. cronin if he were a wolf. So KWhit doesn't fly for me.

Passacaglia was another I was looking at, but, IMO, his vote of PB at the deadline on Day One essentially clears him. No way a wolf makes that move, even a crafty one like Pass.

It's not time to gun for the newbie UTRs, although I would not be shocked at all if at least one of dang or sea lion was a butt sniffer.

That leaves EF, Render and jeheinz. EF's recent past and how it meshes with my impressions leaves me with the belief he's fine for now. And I haven't seen anything overtly wolfish from Render.

So that leaves jeheinz with his well-timed cigarette trip. Hmm...

VOTE JEHEINZ

Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #1063
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

"eitherm" = "early"

Nice, I not only chose a completely incorrect word in my typing haste, I also had an ugly typo.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #1064
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll take a shot at this. Still watching the game so I hope I can connect the dots:

1.Hoopsguy
Seemed to figure out the PB fake reveal quickly. Has been active. My guess is he has a role of some sort or is a wolf. Not screaming out as a vanilla villager.

vote history:
day 1 - vote jeheinz (250)
day 1 - unvote jeheinz, vote cronin (318)
day 2 - vote PB (663) *** wonders why no PB reveal on day one

3.Kwitt
I have no real feel for his game yet. To be honest I keep forgetting that he is playing for some reason.

vote history:
day 1 - vote jeheinz (133)
day 1 - unvote jeheinz, vote cronin (290)
day 2 - vote mccollins (612)
day 2 - vote PB (728)
day 2 - unvote mccollins, vote PB (736)

4.jeheinze
I speculated that he may be a wolf along with PB due to the pattern of their votes. Adding to my suspicion was a defensive reply to a comment Pass made about votes seeming wolfish though he was not mentioned in the post he was replying to. CoD

vote history:
day 1 - vote The Jackal (150)
day 1 - unvote Jackal, vote hoops (189)
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote cronin (270)
day 2 - vote cronin (505)
day 2 - unvote cronin, vote EF (721)
day 2 - unvote EF, vote PB (745)

5.Lathum
Seems too connected to PB, including a reasoning to keep him around for a few more days when gth evote turned against him day 2 and attempting to turn the tide against hoops. Claims to be the fool, based upon cronin's claim of being the stray. Too many strange moves aound his vote and too tied into PB. CoD

vote history:
day 1 - vote Coffee Warlord (135)
day 1 - unvote CW, vote PB (187)
day 1 - unvote PB, vote mccollins (235) *** quickly following PB's switch to mccollins
day 1 - unvote mccollins, vote hoops (314) *** quickly following PB's unvote of mccollins
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote cronin (366)
day 2 - vote PB (516)
day 2 - unvote PB (528) *** claims vote was a joke after being called out fo it
day 2 - vote PB (594)
day 2 - unvote PB, vote hoops (670)

6.Mcollins
LOLCat from what he tells us. Not sure how this role plays in but I see no reason to suspect him at this time as he cannot be killed so he can only be lynched and we're not going to lynch one of our own. In my CoT.

vote history:
day 1 - vote EagleFan (218)
day 1 - unvote EF, vote cronin (283)
day 1 - unvote cronin, vote CW (358)
day 2 - vote CW (493)

7.Passacaglia
Not completely sure yet. He tried to call me out for my posts which were a combination of the joke vote for oliegirl (though I explained my reasons for that vote clearly in the vote post) and my comments towards a few others. I can't get any read from him yet.

vote history:
day 1 -vote hoops (299)
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote PB (367)
day 2 - vote PB (508)
day 2 - unvote PB (665)
day 2 - vote mccollins (690)
day 2 - unvote mccollins, vote PB (750)

8.RendeR
A no vote on day one is enough to make me look twice at him. Plus he is never this quiet in the few games I have been in with him.

vote history:
day 1 - no vote *** always suspicious, though he had a good explanation
day 2 - vote PB (593)
day 2 - unvote PB, vote EF (674)

9.St. Cronin
Has revealed as the stray. If this holds true it would make him full blooded feline. CoT

vote history:
day 1 - vote Lathum (157)
day 1 - unvote Lathum, voe PurdueBrad (174)
day 2 - vote PB (506)

10.Oliegirl
No feel one way or the other for her side yet. Something tells me that she is on the same side as her husband though, to help a new player.

vote history:
day 1 - vote hoopsguy (185)
day 2 - vote EF (561) *** response to my vote
day 2 - unvote EF (569)
day 2 - vote PB (610)

11.Eaglefan
Suspected PurdueBrad as BS reveal, wanted to give benefitof the doubt as he may be the fool which still would have made him a cat. My change from the PB vote should be viewed as suspicious, though I was calling him out prior to his reveal.

vote history:
day 1 - vote PurdueBrad (128)
day 1 - unvote PurdueBrad (197)
day 1 - vote hoops (203)
day 2 - vote oliegirl (557) *** vote was a joke for dragging her husband to see Sex in the City
day 2 - unvote oliegirl (564)
day 2 - vote cronin (582)
day 2 - unvote cronin, vote hoops (657) *** removed vote for cronin as he would look to likely be good following PB's reveal, even if PB's reveal was fake

12.the Jackal
No feel but the PB vote prior to PB being revealed as a fake seems quite a bit like a wolf trying to get on board before the trend.

vote history:
day 1 - vote KWhit (140)
day 2 - vote PB (683) *** after the fake reveal of PB but before it was exposed

13.coffee warlord
Seemedto be very much in favor of lynching mccollins, a now known cat.

vote history:
day 1 - vote hoops (111)
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote oliegirl (188)
day 1 - unvote oliegirl, vote PB (311)
day 2 - vote mccollins (562)
day 2 - unvote mccollins, vote PB (726)

14.seolian
Very new so very hard to read. Odd late vote to hoops on day 2 which changed one throw away vote for another.

vote history:
day 1 - vote CW (193)
day 1 - unvote CW, vote Lathum (207)
day 2 - vote PB (611)
day 2 - unvote PB, vote mccollins (692)
day 2 - unvote mccollins, vote hoops (772)

15.dangarion
Can't figure out his play. New? (not that I'm a vet)

vote history:
day 1 - vote Lathum (204)
day 2 - vote cronin (743)

17.Chief Rum
I have no real feel for his play yet. At least staying under my radar.

vote history
day 1 - vote PB (201)
day 2 - vote CW (661)
Old 06-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #1065
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The above includes only up to the Lathum reveal. Time to get some sleep. I'll put a place holder in for the night and hope to get back online for a few tomorrow.

vote jheinz
Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #1066
Seolian
n00b

VOTE JEHEINZ

Just going off gut and the way he voted the previous days.
Seolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #1067
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have no idea wht eaglesfan would have me in his distrust list. I can only think it is because he is trying to set me up if we have a showdown later.

But if he is to believe olie then he should have no reason to doubt me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #1068
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Something struck me funny last night...Lathum is going on and on about how when he tries to help as a villager everyone suspects him, etc...yet his "title" for the board is "World's Greatest Wolf"...

I'm willing to back off Lathum today, however I still don't trust him completely...if whatever goes on today clears him, then I'll admit I'm wrong...but in the spirit of doing what is best for the village, I'll grant him a temporary stay of execution...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #1069
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So that leaves jeheinz with his well-timed cigarette trip. Hmm...

I know Chief won't be back to reply to this, but why would I say I'd break the tie and then not do it, if I were a wolf?

It's risky enough for a wolf to even be involved in a vote move close to the deadline, let alone to say he's going to switch his vote and not do it, and broadcast that fact to the entire game.

I know this time of line has been used before, but, do you all really think I'm that stupid?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #1070
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Something struck me funny last night...Lathum is going on and on about how when he tries to help as a villager everyone suspects him, etc...yet his "title" for the board is "World's Greatest Wolf"...

I'm willing to back off Lathum today, however I still don't trust him completely...if whatever goes on today clears him, then I'll admit I'm wrong...but in the spirit of doing what is best for the village, I'll grant him a temporary stay of execution...

Olie, I think for now we have to call a spade a spade here and just go with the fact that you are likely the seer and lathum is likely the fool.

I just don't see how whomever is truly the 2nd half of the Seer/Fool combo could not have come forward yet. If they're out there, they need to pipe up, for then we surely have a wolf.

Otherwise it's looking like the vote is down to me and KWhit, and I can guarantee you that that pair of people is at the very least half-wrong.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #1071
mccollins
College Prospect

WOW EagleFan, thanks for doing all that work.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #1072
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, from what I can gather it's like 3-3ish me and KWhit, so i'll put this in as self-defense. I'll full well change this should a better defense come available.

I don't know if I for sure think he's a wolf. He could be, he's certainly not cleared. Personally I like the EagleFan option better, but hey, I'm not exactly in a position to be picky about things.

Vote KWhit
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #1073
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Sea Lion

Of the EF & Sea Lion pair that I feel deserve voting consideration today, and based on the switches they've made, this is where I'm gonna go for the time being. I don't have a problem with lynching jeheinz, as I agree, his record has been highly spotty. If it comes down to having to make a decision there, I'll move.

And EF, to answer your question as to why I should be trusted, I don't have a good one. I'd like to think I've been highly active, and inspired conversations and thought about the various people I've been poking and prodding. I could be dead wrong about anyone I've been gunning for (and it's looking like I was wrong with mickey C), but I'd rather be wrong and get people talking. More conversations mean more chances for the mutts to slip up.

If you think I've been less helpful and more just trying to muddle the waters, then there's not much I can do there.

Anyway. Mornin' kids.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #1074
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Assuming noone comes out ALSO claiming they are Spartacus, I'm inclined to go with the simplest explanation: Olie is the seer, and Lathum is the fool. It fits.

Though if that IS the case, I think the seer reveal is not a real smooth move. Thinking about it in the car, I don't have a clue why she did. It's not worth revealing yourself just to clear Lathum.

The only reason I could think of, if she IS telling the truth, is she thinks I'm a wolf, and if I am, then that WOULD prove Lathum is lying.

Still catching up, but I believe olie. I have thought that she was a seer, based on some of her posts, for a while now. I don't think it was a bad reveal - I think its possible that the wolves had caught on that she was a seer, so its good to have the information out in the open.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #1075
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I know Chief won't be back to reply to this, but why would I say I'd break the tie and then not do it, if I were a wolf?

It's risky enough for a wolf to even be involved in a vote move close to the deadline, let alone to say he's going to switch his vote and not do it, and broadcast that fact to the entire game.

I know this time of line has been used before, but, do you all really think I'm that stupid?

Do you really need him to answer that? The tie was between PB (wolf) and cronin (likely villager), and the only way you could have broken the tie was by unvoting cronin, thus lynching PB. As for why you'd say you'd break the tie, well, you really *do* hate ties, so you're just playing like you would as a villager there. I'll have to look at when you said it -- if hoops and cronin are the lead vote-getters at that time, you're just screwed.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #1076
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Olie, I think for now we have to call a spade a spade here and just go with the fact that you are likely the seer and lathum is likely the fool.

I just don't see how whomever is truly the 2nd half of the Seer/Fool combo could not have come forward yet. If they're out there, they need to pipe up, for then we surely have a wolf.

Otherwise it's looking like the vote is down to me and KWhit, and I can guarantee you that that pair of people is at the very least half-wrong.

My hunch is that olie is trying to shed some doubt on her being the real seer, so that the wolves won't target her. But at this point, I don't think anyone's buying it, so I think it's important that the BG protects her tonight, rather than doubt what's going on here.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #1077
st.cronin
General Manager

I also really don't get why people don't trust Lathum. Absent somebody else claiming to be a seer/fool, there is no reason not to believe both Lathum and oliegirl.

knives out
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #1078
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Oliegirl- Lathum 959
Kwhit- Jackyl 1007, Pass 1008, heinze 1072
Seolion- Render1042, CW 1073
Heinze- CR1062, EagleFan1065, Seolion 1066

let me know if i missed anything, pages and pages to go through!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #1079
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

i think Lathum voted for KWhit (Unless he forgot to unvote or something, I don't know)
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #1080
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll reverse it - if you are going to reveal as a seer why would you do it on Day 2 and not Day 1? That is what struck me as odd - there are players who take their role with them to their death, but PB hasn't been one of those in the past.

I felt that if he was the seer he would have given us a chance to learn that during the Day 1 lynch rather than chance us gimping the village out of the shoot. His own past behavior suggested this. He also had ample opportunity to do this leading up to the deadline, but he didn't cite a single post within 100 of the deadline where he dropped a hint.

I think the more interesting question here is why he didn't fake reveal on Day 1. Did he feel comfortable with the wolves level of control over the vote? Did the wolves know the tie-breaker mechanism? Did he just not think of it with less time to react (24 hours instead of 72 hours)? I don't have an answer for this right now.

I agree with your sentiment of the last paragraph -- I think it's poor play to have revealed Day 2 instead of Day 1, just not necessarily an indicator of wolfiness. The vote went down a little weird, with three likely villagers (me, Lathum, and mccollins) switching votes toward the end. The idea of the wolves knowing the tie-breaker crossed my mind, too -- the usual tie-breaker of first vote placed would have lynched PB, so if I were on the wolf team, I would have been afraid of that. I can't imagine that he didn't think of it, since he'd been dropping the hints during Day 1.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #1081
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Do you really need him to answer that? The tie was between PB (wolf) and cronin (likely villager), and the only way you could have broken the tie was by unvoting cronin, thus lynching PB. As for why you'd say you'd break the tie, well, you really *do* hate ties, so you're just playing like you would as a villager there. I'll have to look at when you said it -- if hoops and cronin are the lead vote-getters at that time, you're just screwed.

IIRC it was a 3-way still (not that it helps much).

But why actually post that I'll break the tie? Why not just vanish until like 12:10?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #1082
Seolian
n00b

Not sure who Sea Lion is but he sounds like he could be a kitten since a lion is a cat by the way. So not real sure why you are voting for a kitten, Coffee, but I guess that does kind of tell that you dont really know who is a dog or a cat yet.
Seolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #1083
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I also really don't get why people don't trust Lathum. Absent somebody else claiming to be a seer/fool, there is no reason not to believe both Lathum and oliegirl.

++
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #1084
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
IIRC it was a 3-way still (not that it helps much).

But why actually post that I'll break the tie? Why not just vanish until like 12:10?

I don't know. Why DID you do it?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #1085
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i think Lathum voted for KWhit (Unless he forgot to unvote or something, I don't know)

he did, but he had already voted for Olie, and i didnt see an unvote.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #1086
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I know I'm not exactly posting from a position of clout, but Pass isn't in any cleared group is he?

I mean it's one thing to point out my record is spotty, it's another to reply to basically any post I make, even the ones where I admit to being culpable to drive the nail home.

It wouldn't shock me to find one of EF/Seolian is a wolf and Pass is trying to help ensure that I'm far-and-away the best candidate.

Take that for what it's worth (ain't much I'd imagine).
Old 06-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #1087
st.cronin
General Manager

I would definitely be in favor of oliegirl scanning hoopsguy tonight, for the record. And the bodyguard needs to protect her. Don't get tricky and try to get a block - protect oliegirl. If the wolves kill somebody else, so be it.

knives out
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #1088
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I know I'm not exactly posting from a position of clout, but Pass isn't in any cleared group is he?

I mean it's one thing to point out my record is spotty, it's another to reply to basically any post I make, even the ones where I admit to being culpable to drive the nail home.

It wouldn't shock me to find one of EF/Seolian is a wolf and Pass is trying to help ensure that I'm far-and-away the best candidate.

Pass is not completely cleared, but on day 1 he made a very late vote for PurdueBrad. That's very compelling evidence of kitten-ness, to me.

knives out
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #1089
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

And I'm doing that by placing my vote on KWhit?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #1090
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass is not completely cleared, but on day 1 he made a very late vote for PurdueBrad. That's very compelling evidence of kitten-ness, to me.

Yeah, Pass is on my trsuted list, as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #1091
st.cronin
General Manager

I also agree with Lathum that the duke should reveal, and asap. The duke reveals, and olie gets one more scan - that will give us a formidable cot. We don't want oliegirl scanning the duke tonight, that would be a waste.

knives out
Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #1092
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

I think people find it hard when they see World's Greatest Wolf on his title.

But joking aside, I agree. If someone hasn't come forward by now, I think we can safely place Oli and Lathum as fully trusted.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #1093
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't know. Why DID you do it?

Because I actually did intend to. I know it sounds lame, but I got held up. I thought I'd be gone 5-minutes, max. Then I sit down and I have 2 minutes left and like 10-15 posts to decipher and then I wanted to do a final refresh just to make sure I wasn't inadvertently *causing* a tie and time was up.

Look, I know it was stupid. It was a bad play.

But it's not like I was the only person who was on Cronin who was around at the deadline who didn't switch (KWhit was as well)
Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #1094
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah, that's a pretty solid point, for sure. That's big.

Carry on!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #1095
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Olie, I'd like to suggest you scan me tonight, if I'm somehow not lynched.

Let's face facts, the wolves won't night kill me (well, they shouldn't but granted they did try to kill mccollins) and it's pretty clear I'll be a distraction until somehow cleared. So you'd not only clear someone, you'd clear someone who is likely the least trusted into the trusted pile, whittling down lynch options.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #1096
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
And I'm doing that by placing my vote on KWhit?

Then what's with the grilling...for going on like 2 days now...
Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #1097
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because I actually did intend to. I know it sounds lame, but I got held up. I thought I'd be gone 5-minutes, max. Then I sit down and I have 2 minutes left and like 10-15 posts to decipher and then I wanted to do a final refresh just to make sure I wasn't inadvertently *causing* a tie and time was up.

Look, I know it was stupid. It was a bad play.

But it's not like I was the only person who was on Cronin who was around at the deadline who didn't switch (KWhit was as well)

Fair enough. I don't know what the point of guaranteeing that you'll break the tie is, though. If you don't like ties, I hear ya, just break it if you want to -- no need to posture about it. When you do that, it sounds like you're telling everyone else to back off, since you're going to "take care of it" -- someone like KWhit, who could have broken the tie, might have held off, thinking you were going to do something. FWIW, that's good or bad, considering that KWhit might have got cronin lynched trying to simply break the tie.

Anyway, you've got your vote on KWhit, but it's pretty much self defense. IIRC, you've shed a lot of suspicion on EagleFan. It sounds like if you had your choice on where to put your vote, it would be there. I know your reasoning is somewhere buried, but would you mind running it by me again? I don't have much other than "acting weird" for him.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #1098
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Then what's with the grilling...for going on like 2 days now...

I thought you were admitting it was a bad play. You think I should just leave it at that, and not bother grilling you?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #1099
Passacaglia
Coordinator

To clarify, when I talk about the bad play that makes me grill you, I'm not talking about the tiebreaker nonsense. I'm talking about how, when PB got a pretty good lead Day 1, you swung things toward cronin.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #1100
KWhit
Coordinator

I have a meeting from 10- 12 and will try to get out a little early for the deadline, but just in case I can't:

Self preservation vote:

Vote Jeheinz
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote