Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #1051
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I mean, when did you give him your gold?
Umm, the first chance I could. I don't remember the timeline. I had the 4 gold to view blade, but everyone was giving me crap about it. I gave it to hoops, who I trusted up to that point.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #1052
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
No. This morning I moved E2-F3-G2 and saw nobody the entire time, just found the knife at the Dock.

I'm not sure what it means -- It's nowhere near where anyone has been killed as of yet, maybe just a random find. Has anyone found any objects randomly at squares they've been to? You don't have to say what it was, I'm just curious if there's stuff around....
What were you doing at the dock? Did you see Hoops there? Also, are you crazy, why are you even thinking of giving the knife to the keystone cops? Those numbskulls will probably give it to the Pirates or something like that. Ask Barkeep what you can do with the knife. You can probably commit some kind of kill (not that you would really want to do that). But you could look out and see if you can spot a pirate, then whacking him with the knife would be a good move.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #1053
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola, the knife may mean you can fight a pirate if they try to kill you.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #1054
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Umm, the first chance I could. I don't remember the timeline. I had the 4 gold to view blade, but everyone was giving me crap about it. I gave it to hoops, who I trusted up to that point.
Anything you give to someone is viewed publicly, unless you use an action to hand it to him during the treasure hunting phase.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #1055
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Hmmm..... I don't know if I buy that or not. Recently hoops posted this:

Post 717:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Also, if people don't mind doing it during the evening cycle I would appreciate whatever help feel they can provide on the 4 GP cost to bribe the official. Heck, just go to the square I specified earlier to get the gold back

I would rather people do this during the afternoon/evening so it doesn't cost anyone movement points during the day cycle if they are moved by my sudden poverty. In all seriousness, spending 4 GP today and not having many actions to get funds back will put me a little behind in the race.

I don't think he would have posted that if AE gave him 4gp.

Hmmmm......
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #1056
kingfc22
Head Coach

From the rules

Quote:
Note: All pirates start the game with walkie talkies, replacement batteries, and 1 knife for the group.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #1057
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Anything you give to someone is viewed publicly, unless you use an action to hand it to him during the treasure hunting phase.

Right, and I did just that.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #1058
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Hmmm..... I don't know if I buy that or not. Recently hoops posted this:

Post 717:

I don't think he would have posted that if AE gave him 4gp.

Hmmmm......

Say what you will. I gave him 4 gold. The requirement to take the appointment was 10 gold. He obviously had more gold than he was letting on.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #1059
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Say what you will. I gave him 4 gold. The requirement to take the appointment was 10 gold. He obviously had more gold than he was letting on.
I don't see how. He dug in F6 on day 1. I dug in the same spot and it only gave 2 GP per dig. He dug twice for a total of 4 GP. Then he presumably viewed Blade (4 GP). I doubt he was able to collect 10 GP from that point til the time you gave him the letter.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #1060
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't know how he got it together, but he did.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 PM   #1061
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
What were you doing at the dock? Did you see Hoops there? Also, are you crazy, why are you even thinking of giving the knife to the keystone cops? Those numbskulls will probably give it to the Pirates or something like that. Ask Barkeep what you can do with the knife. You can probably commit some kind of kill (not that you would really want to do that). But you could look out and see if you can spot a pirate, then whacking him with the knife would be a good move.

I was at that dock square because I wanted to test that mountain/river gold rate. I saw nobody my entire turn this morning......and according to AE, the letter says hoops has to go to the seaport which is about as far from where I was as you can get.

As for clarification as to what I could do with the knife, believe me I asked and don't have any specific answer at all. I thought about destroying it but was worried about it somehow coming back to me/or a pirate finding it and repairing it in someway so they could have two. I also didn't want it found on me with all the assumptions that would entail, and finally I wanted to get the rest of the TH's opinions on it, and see if there were other random finds or not.

I'm kicking myself about not thinking about your idea about using it to protect myself from an attack (doh!). I was more worried about having it discovered without telling anyone.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #1062
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I did know this much:

I didn't have the 10 gold, and there was no way to get the 10 gold before you guys jailed me. No one would have listened to me about the letter. I gave it to the person I gave my gold to.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #1063
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I don't see how. He dug in F6 on day 1. I dug in the same spot and it only gave 2 GP per dig. He dug twice for a total of 4 GP. Then he presumably viewed Blade (4 GP). I doubt he was able to collect 10 GP from that point til the time you gave him the letter.

He also gave me a gold with his first AP. I'm not liking the sounds of this.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #1064
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I was at that dock square because I wanted to test that mountain/river gold rate. I saw nobody my entire turn this morning......and according to AE, the letter says hoops has to go to the seaport which is about as far from where I was as you can get.

As for clarification as to what I could do with the knife, believe me I asked and don't have any specific answer at all. I thought about destroying it but was worried about it somehow coming back to me/or a pirate finding it and repairing it in someway so they could have two. I also didn't want it found on me with all the assumptions that would entail, and finally I wanted to get the rest of the TH's opinions on it, and see if there were other random finds or not.

I'm kicking myself about not thinking about your idea about using it to protect myself from an attack (doh!). I was more worried about having it discovered without telling anyone.

Is it too late? Can you get it back?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #1065
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hmmm.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #1066
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it too late? Can you get it back?

I've still got it as far as I know.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #1067
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Did hoops ever say how much he had on day 1?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #1068
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I've still got it as far as I know.
You should be set then.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #1069
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
He also gave me a gold with his first AP. I'm not liking the sounds of this.
Of course if Hoops is a Pirate we are screwed. Could he have kept the gold and "outed" Blade gaining our trust. Knowing that even if any of us did view Blade later on they would still find that he was a Pirate.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #1070
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course if Hoops is a Pirate we are screwed. Could he have kept the gold and "outed" Blade gaining our trust. Knowing that even if any of us did view Blade later on they would still find that he was a Pirate.

I'm still planning on viewing Blade independently. 4 gold to get a verification seems cheap if you ask me.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #1071
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Oops, didn't catch your second part of that. If that's the case though, where is he? Camping out to try and fool us?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #1072
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Oops, didn't catch your second part of that. If that's the case though, where is he? Camping out to try and fool us?
I dunno, but I wonder why there is no mention in the recap.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #1073
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It states upon return to the island the treasure hunters win. It doesn't state how the sailors wipe out the pirates or anything along those lines.

Actually, it's not even the letter. That part is outside of the letter, but in the PM from barkeep. Upon return to the island with the recruited sailors, we win.

You see, this is why I don't believe this story...

There is 0 way for the pirates to kill all 14-15 or so of us in 5 days total time. Thats the 2 days before the letter was introduced, and 3 days with hoops being gone. So you mean to tell me that barkeep would introduce an item so powerful that it single handedly wins the game for us by day 5 regardless of all the other stuff everyone else is doing?

That either sounds like a very anti-climatic ending, or just too far fetched for me to believe..

I dunno, maybe you are telling complete truth, but I am 100% skeptical that such a powerful thing has been introduced into the game, and at least some part if not all of this is a fabrication.

My vote right now is for Ardent (I believe I am the only one who has voted so far), but this revelation has convinced me unless someone else comes out and goes "hey guys, I'm a pirate", my vote will stay with Ardent.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #1074
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm currently trying to see if hoops mentioned how much he had on day 1.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #1075
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That, and playing the lost knights.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #1076
Poli
FOFC Survivor

err, the last knights.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #1077
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok going to try thinking this out loud a different way....

Ardent says he gave an item to Hoops which will let us win the game...

So Either:

1) Ardent is lying, trying to stay out of jail..

2) Ardent is telling the truth, and when hoops comes back in 3 days we win.

Well if it is #2, there is nothing any of us can do, it's out of our hands. The pirates can't kill us all off in that time (unless there is just that many of them).

If its #1, then we should jail Ardent like i have been saying...

If we wrongfully imprison Ardent and we will win like he is saying, well it won't kill us since we will win anyways.. so I can not think of any reason NOT to jail Ardent
Old 02-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #1078
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think I may have this mapped out now.

Hoops dug 3 times in the same spot on day 1. He got 6 gold.

Day 2. He loses 4 gold viewing blade, but I gave him 4 gold. I doubt anyone else gave him gold that time.

Night 2. Path gave him 1 gold.

Day 3. Hoop has 11 gold, give path his 1 gold, and still has his 10 gold.

I might be missing something, I don't know.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #1079
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
If we wrongfully imprison Ardent and we will win like he is saying, well it won't kill us since we will win anyways.. so I can not think of any reason NOT to jail Ardent

I'd rather not think along those lines since I put my neck out for all of you. I very well could have kept the letter to myself and let you jail me with it.

By the way, barkeep clarified for me that the letter was considered a small item and could be transferred, this was after I complained that the letter wasn't going to do me a whole lot of good in jail.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #1080
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By the way, I just saw a guest in here. Looks like we have at least one pirate watching us from the outside.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #1081
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd rather not think along those lines since I put my neck out for all of you. I very well could have kept the letter to myself and let you jail me with it.

By the way, barkeep clarified for me that the letter was considered a small item and could be transferred, this was after I complained that the letter wasn't going to do me a whole lot of good in jail.

Can you give me a good logical reason, knowing what we as a group know so far, why jailing you would be a bad idea? Or give us your thoughts on who a better choice would be?

I guess what I am saying is, If you are a good guy, and what you are telling us is true, jailing you won't lose the game for us.

If you are a bad guy, and you are lying, then NOT jailing you possibly could lose it for us.

Right now to me its about risk management, and there is far greater risk letting you walk around freely right now than to place you behind bars. Putting you in jail does not remove you from the game, does not kill you, and you always can get bailed out later.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #1082
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
2) Ardent is telling the truth, and when hoops comes back in 3 days we win.

Well if it is #2, there is nothing any of us can do, it's out of our hands. The pirates can't kill us all off in that time (unless there is just that many of them).

And it's gonna be even harder if they only have the one knife....unless the rest of them found knives also....
Old 02-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #1083
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Day 2. He loses 4 gold viewing blade, but I gave him 4 gold. I doubt anyone else gave him gold that time.

I've gotta run for awhile, but AE, is there a post number where you give the gold to hoops?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #1084
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Can you give me a good logical reason, knowing what we as a group know so far, why jailing you would be a bad idea? Or give us your thoughts on who a better choice would be?

I guess what I am saying is, If you are a good guy, and what you are telling us is true, jailing you won't lose the game for us.

If you are a bad guy, and you are lying, then NOT jailing you possibly could lose it for us.

Right now to me its about risk management, and there is far greater risk letting you walk around freely right now than to place you behind bars. Putting you in jail does not remove you from the game, does not kill you, and you always can get bailed out later.

Honestly? I worry about you, I worry about Gramm, and I worry about Vince. I worry about Qwikshot (who has made fun of us all, in character or not, it doesn't matter).

Jailing me is just taking a treasure hunter off the path. It leaves one more pirate out there killing us. I seriously doubt you will see the pirates digging anymore. I imagine they will pull out all the stops to kill as many of us as they can.

Like I said, I have helped this group out tremendously, even after I was pissed off and nearly quit. We're going to win in three days if we can hold out. Jailing me won't do us a bit of good. We need to look for the pirates.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #1085
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I've gotta run for awhile, but AE, is there a post number where you give the gold to hoops?

No, it was my first AP the other night.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #1086
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

And I know all about risk management, and I don't think you're looking at it correctly, which worries me.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #1087
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Honestly? I worry about you, I worry about Gramm, and I worry about Vince. I worry about Qwikshot (who has made fun of us all, in character or not, it doesn't matter).

Jailing me is just taking a treasure hunter off the path. It leaves one more pirate out there killing us. I seriously doubt you will see the pirates digging anymore. I imagine they will pull out all the stops to kill as many of us as they can.

Like I said, I have helped this group out tremendously, even after I was pissed off and nearly quit. We're going to win in three days if we can hold out. Jailing me won't do us a bit of good. We need to look for the pirates.

What besides my arguement for wanting to jail you worries you about me?

Second question, why does your list of people you worry about contain seemingly 4 of the 5 or 6 people who appear to be trying the most to help the treasure hunters reach a monopoly?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #1088
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok, I have a third and forth question for you Ardent

3) Do you believe hoops in that Blade is a pirate?

4) How many pirates do you think started in this game, and how many do you think are still out?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #1089
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
What besides my arguement for wanting to jail you worries you about me?

Second question, why does your list of people you worry about contain seemingly 4 of the 5 or 6 people who appear to be trying the most to help the treasure hunters reach a monopoly?

Your camping out concerns me, and the overzealous nature of wanting to jail me even though I've done my absolute best to help.

I don't know. I don't know much more than you.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #1090
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
ok, I have a third and forth question for you Ardent

3) Do you believe hoops in that Blade is a pirate?

4) How many pirates do you think started in this game, and how many do you think are still out?

Yeah, I do. I believe hoops went and examined blade. I trust hoops, which is why I gave him the letter.

No clue. Two maybe? How many do you think are out there?

Do you believe hoops in that blade is a pirate?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #1091
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry, I'm getting tired of answering questions when all I've tried to do is help. I'd like you to answer some.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #1092
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, I'm getting tired of answering questions when all I've tried to do is help. I'd like you to answer some.

Sure, no problem it can go both ways. i already said I think we started with 3 and Blade is a pirate, so my guess is there are two left.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #1093
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just a little frustrated is all. I'm over it now.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #1094
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I mean, I realize jail isn't going to kill me, but I just think we'd be better off finding a pirate instead.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #1095
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, I realize jail isn't going to kill me, but I just think we'd be better off finding a pirate instead.

Thats why I was asking who you thought would be good targets to jail instead of you. My only problem was when you gave me your list, almost everyone except one person you listed is higher up my trust list.

Right now it appears to me that your view of our group and my view are complete 180s. The only two people we seem to agree on is Hoops and Blade.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #1096
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, I'm going to have way too much time on my hands over the weekend. I work 12 hours tonight, and 12 hours tomorrow night as well.

I'll see what I can "dig" up.

I do have to study and write some papers for that APA class, but I'll try to divert some time to the game as well.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #1097
saldana
Pro Starter

how did my hair look at my funeral?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #1098
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
how did my hair look at my funeral?

I don't think you had a head?

Now I'm just a saying...and don't you get all in a tizzy Ardvark...but methinks it's a little of a stretch that in three days theres gonna be more Quagmires hanging round busting pirate skull...I was a-hoping that there Hoops would give some sorta message before going...for sucha prof'sonal, sure as hell, hightailed outta here faster than a jackrabbit on a date...

Doubts to me, yeah yeah...every'ne got doubts...but y'wanna jail me, go right ahead, I know the score...I know the line...

I still gots doubts about GreenhornArmy (ooc - nothing official has been stated by barkeep, lest I missed something), and Ardvark, as helpful as he says he is...isn't beyond my old cataract milky eye...

So I says to Mister Ardvark, wouldja mind a night in the cell? I you are an innocent, I'd be happy to pull bail for ye, sure would ease mah mind, someone could get the guards to vouch for ya and we'd be sitting until the calvary comes...

All this talk is making us forget the ultimate goal to get some GOLD...

But what do I know...just an ole man...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #1099
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It states upon return to the island the treasure hunters win. It doesn't state how the sailors wipe out the pirates or anything along those lines.

Actually, it's not even the letter. That part is outside of the letter, but in the PM from barkeep. Upon return to the island with the recruited sailors, we win.
I just don't think this makes much sense. A victory condition that allows you to just pay 10 gold and hire the navy in 3 turns to win seems way out there. There are not any conditions listed that allow the whole group of TH to win, but this letter is the silver bullet. I don't buy it. How was it communicated that it was a win. Barkeep say outright that it was a win or was it implied?

Plus, your list of bad guys is not really good. I'm 99% sure that Qwickshot is a good guy and I'm pretty sure AlanT is too, maybe 66% so.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:12 PM   #1100
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Alright, I'm pretty poor at math. How does this add up. If he digs and starts with 6 gold, then on day 2 loses 4 that equals 2 left. Then you give him 4, that is back up to a total of 6. On night 2, path gives him 1 gold, now he is at a total of 7 gold. Then hoops gave path back a gold and he is back to 6 gold, not 10. Did I miss anything?