Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #10851
Rizon
Pro Starter

/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #10852
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Attached Images
File Type: jpg funny-tv-screenshots-14.jpg (14.3 KB, 404 views)
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #10853
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hey! The signs rhyme!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #10854
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

D&D Alignment Guide to the Muppets

ac-muppets (800x645).jpg

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-13-2011 at 03:49 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #10855
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The facebook and auto complete ones are funny but you have to look at them as fiction

I know they are fiction, but having had a smart phone for a couple of weeks now, I can vouch that some of these auto correct things are definitely possible.

I was trying to explain to my wife that I thought our son's stomach illness could have been because he drank from an old sippie. Instead, it came out that he "did an old hippie". A few days later I sent a text and told my wife "get away" Can't remember what I was trying to say, but it would have been fine had I not been out with friends for the evening. She didn't text me the rest of the night and I didn't figure it out till the next morning.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #10856
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

How do these autocorrect things happen to people all the time? Don't people read what they're about to send before they hit the "send" button?

Last edited by QuikSand : 03-13-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: theme-fitting page topper
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #10857
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
How do these autocorrect things happen to people all the time? Don't people read what they're about to send before they hit the "send" button?

+1

Don't you actually read it before sending it? You don't go around assuming that email to your boss didn't say "I hope you had wonderful goat sex" before sending it

SI

Old 03-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #10858
Buccaneer
Head Coach

+2
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #10859
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo

I dont have time to proofread and spellcheck my text messages, nor am I a retired 70 year old sitting around all day flipping thru Readers Digest. My time is limited so consider yourself lucky that Im replying at all.

Also, this isnt my college thesis paper. Its a goddam text message.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #10860
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I rarely proof what I'm sending, although after the two that went to my wife that were odd, I definitely double check all the ones that go to the babysitter. Last thing I need is a text to her suggesting sex or anything.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #10861
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The only thing that could be possibly worse...

I've had an issue (posted in the Android thread) where randomly a few times, I've had messages sent to the wrong people.

Scenario-

Receive message from A. I reply to A. A replies, I reply to A.
New message from B. Click reply in the message just received from B. Reply

When I look back at sent messages, in the folder it shows as going to B, however, when I open, it actually was sent to A.

Luckily nothing too embarrassing so far. Last week, wife sent a message about directions to somewhere. I had earlier received a message from someone at work.

10 minutes later get a reply from girl at work "Why are you sending me directions?"

Moral of the story, I've started proofing a little more.

And when sending something I want to be sure gets to the right person, I start a brand new message
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #10862
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Best slippers ever??

I'd love to give these to a friend of mine. Is there a website for this greatness?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #10863
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post

I dont have time to proofread and spellcheck my text messages, nor am I a retired 70 year old sitting around all day flipping thru Readers Digest. My time is limited so consider yourself lucky that Im replying at all.

Well, it's like 10s to check over a message that too, you know, 10 seconds to type

Then again, Pumpy wins the argument with the better picture

SI

Old 03-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #10864
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not exactly a txt monster, but these days it's basically like instant messaging. I don't check every line in an ongoing conversation with a friend.

If it's business that's a little different, I rarely txt for business though beyond "I'm going to be late".

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #10865
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
The only thing that could be possibly worse...

I've had an issue (posted in the Android thread) where randomly a few times, I've had messages sent to the wrong people.

Scenario-

Receive message from A. I reply to A. A replies, I reply to A.
New message from B. Click reply in the message just received from B. Reply

When I look back at sent messages, in the folder it shows as going to B, however, when I open, it actually was sent to A.

Luckily nothing too embarrassing so far. Last week, wife sent a message about directions to somewhere. I had earlier received a message from someone at work.

10 minutes later get a reply from girl at work "Why are you sending me directions?"

Moral of the story, I've started proofing a little more.

And when sending something I want to be sure gets to the right person, I start a brand new message

This is a well published and acknowledged Android bug. I can't believe they haven't fix it yet.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #10866
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Real Car Crash brought to you by Funny Videos
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #10867
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post

The idiot behind the wheel has got to have it in gear
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #10868
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I luv that video. It makes the rounds every year when the snow starts flying, and was filmed about 3 miles from where I sit, in Portland.

This being Oregon, we rarely get that much snow, so people (obviously) don't have a clue how to drive in it. The bigger problem (perhaps less obvious) regardless of individual drivers, is that the city itself doesn't know how to prepare for it...we don't salt roads for environmental reasons, and they might plow and gravel a handful the main roads, but that's about it. Unlike 'real' snow states, the temperature never gets too low, and usually just hovers around freezing, making the snow melt, than refreeze repeatedly, as an inch or two of solid ice, with maybe a resprinkling of snow on top...deadly shit. Lastly, it's not entirely obvious from this dude's balcony, but that is one of the steepest hills in town.

....absolutely none of which explains why half-a-dozen dimwits are out there driving around like mental patients let loose in a bumper car lot, but God bless 'em for it.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-14-2011 at 07:06 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #10869
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I'd love to give these to a friend of mine. Is there a website for this greatness?

Unfortunately those things look pretty home-made, and I only pulled the picture off of The Chive, so I have no idea if the things are actually for sale somewhere or not. Sounds like a good test for one's Google-fu.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #10870
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Maybe it's just because I don't live in an area where there is snow, but what makes people so fucking stupid that they are even attempting to drive in this shit? Not to mention there is no reason a fucking insurance company should even cover these people for their complete lack of common sense and negligence.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #10871
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Maybe it's just because I don't live in an area where there is snow, but what makes people so fucking stupid that they are even attempting to drive in this shit? Not to mention there is no reason a fucking insurance company should even cover these people for their complete lack of common sense and negligence.

I'm with you on that. I have lived in area like that and all it took was one time for me to realize that you don't stop when you apply the brakes on ice. Luckily for me, I was close enough to work where I could just walk. Took 45 minutes, but, was worth it in my opinion.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #10872
RendeR
Coordinator

They cover it because thats what the fees are paid for. To Cover automobile accidents. If its your fault, negligent or otherwise, your insurance pays the claims. If its someone elses, theirs does.

This is how the universe works Dangarion, thank you for catching up

As for not living in it, thats really irrelevant. Just imagine you're sitting at work and walk out to go home to find an ice storm has hit. Do you sit your ass at work or do you try to get home as safely as you can? Do you walk? perhaps you live 20 miles out of town? Public transit it and get the car tomorrow? Many times Buses will stop running in the same conditions.

The fact is this stuff happens, for the most part, because people simply need to get home before it gets worse or before they freeze to death waiting =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #10873
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
They cover it because thats what the fees are paid for. To Cover automobile accidents. If its your fault, negligent or otherwise, your insurance pays the claims. If its someone elses, theirs does.

As for not living in it, thats really irrelevant. Just imagine you're sitting at work and walk out to go home to find an ice storm has hit. Do you sit your ass at work or do you try to get home as safely as you can? Do you walk? perhaps you live 20 miles out of town? Public transit it and get the car tomorrow? Many times Buses will stop running in the same conditions.

The fact is this stuff happens, for the most part, because people simply need to get home before it gets worse or before they freeze to death waiting =)

And we wonder why insurance is such a fucking joke.

This video is NOT inductive of "safely as you can".
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #10874
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A few comments:

- There are no shortage of idiots in the PNW that don't understand the fundamentals of driving in snow, that just because you have an AWD/4WD SUV or Subaru wagon and can get traction to move forward in snow, you don't stop any better, and once you lose traction, you are toast if you are going downhill

- While the driver definitely bears some responsibility for attempting to drive down a steep hill in snow, there is also some responsibility on the city for blocking off such streets when they are unplowed and dangerous; I know this was filmed the day of a big snowfall when people were commuting home from work, so there were more people than usual that were out in the snow trying to get home - far less people were on the road the next day

I have AWD and a setting for hill grades (which essentially has the car crawl very slowly, thus minimizing the chances of losing traction and thereby losing control of the car), but I would be extremely reluctant to go down a steep hill in those conditions, and would instead figure out alternate routes or park my car on a flat area and walk the rest of the way.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #10875
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #10876
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (115.4 KB, 530 views)
Quote:
Old 03-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #10877
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Generally it's not that difficult to drive in unplowed snowy conditions as long as you are careful(rear wheeled drive sports cars aside).

Pure ice like this? Forget about it, but it's relatively rare and can catch you by surprise. Wouldn't be shocked to find out that only that spot was that bad and it was fine elsewhere.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-14-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #10878
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

Fine, then. I hope you send a family member a text message saying that you want to sodomize his/her butt with a razor blade attached to your penis when you really meant to say something about helping them balance their checkbooks with your brand new fountain pen.

And I hope you get cut out of their will.

And I hope the message gets forwarded to everyone you've ever worked with.

And to your old high school.

And I hope you go to jail over it.

Let's see you post that picture again when you're trying to retrieve someone else's razor blade from a place that only customs men dare to probe.

I hope the extra few seconds were worth it.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #10879
DataKing
Pro Rookie

We need to lighten things up around here a little bit, methinks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg best-mondays-32.jpg (27.3 KB, 512 views)
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #10880
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Fine, then. I hope you send a family member a text message saying that you want to sodomize his/her butt with a razor blade attached to your penis when you really meant to say something about helping them balance their checkbooks with your brand new fountain pen.

And I hope you get cut out of their will.

And I hope the message gets forwarded to everyone you've ever worked with.

And to your old high school.

And I hope you go to jail over it.

Let's see you post that picture again when you're trying to retrieve someone else's razor blade from a place that only customs men dare to probe.

I hope the extra few seconds were worth it.

dfd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg url.jpg (65.9 KB, 507 views)
Quote:
Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #10881
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So much for doctor-patient confidentiality. He said no one would find out about my 'Urkle as Pennywise' fears.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #10882
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Duck downhill marathon brought to you by Funny Videos
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #10883
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's not just you.. after seeing the first idiot bounce off cars like a pinball, my car isn't leaving until the roads have been cleared.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #10884
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

One does not simply quack into Mordor.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #10885
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That is, of course, the famous Running of the Ducks

SI

Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #10886
JediKooter
Coordinator

I call fowl on that video.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #10887
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
dfd

I used to live in the same condo building as Urkel. No lie. I met him. Corner of Ocean and San Vicente in Santa Monica.

The Rock also lived in that building; my ex-wife got to meet him.

You tell me who got the better end of that deal.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #10888
JediKooter
Coordinator

Your ex?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #10889
sabotai
General Manager

Attached Images
File Type: jpg best-mondays-36.jpg (58.0 KB, 440 views)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #10890
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And we wonder why insurance is such a fucking joke.

Until you get plowed into by someone who doesn't have any...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #10891
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
One does not simply quack into Mordor.

You can't see it, but at the head of that line is a female duck hauling ass and going "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!"
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #10892
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Uninsured Motorist Coverage FTW! I think it's mandatory here in CA. I got nailed by someone who didn't have insurance once, and my insurance company took care of it and had my car fixed within 2 weeks.
Quote:
Old 03-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #10893
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Uninsured Motorist Coverage FTW! I think it's mandatory here in CA. I got nailed by someone who didn't have insurance once, and my insurance company took care of it and had my car fixed within 2 weeks.

I'm rather aggravated that I have to pay a significant amount extra for my insurance because a sizable number of people refuse to follow the law and carry insurance.
Masked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #10894
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I'm rather aggravated that I have to pay a significant amount extra for my insurance because a sizable number of people refuse to follow the law and carry insurance.

I suggest leaving the state of California which is one of the higher % of uninsured drivers. Recent numbers have as many as 1 in 4 are uninsured in Florida.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #10895
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Less talky, more picy...
Attached Images
File Type: gif 81337911.gif (31.2 KB, 358 views)
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #10896
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Quote:
I suggest leaving the state of California which is one of the higher % of uninsured drivers. Recent numbers have as many as 1 in 4 are uninsured in Florida.

Go start your own goddamn thread for insurance talk.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 03-15-2011 at 01:05 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #10897
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Amen...
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #10898
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Go start your own goddamn thread for insurance talk.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg funny-dog-pictures-sled-insurance.jpg (49.1 KB, 356 views)
Quote:
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #10899
DougW
High School Varsity

DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #10900
JediKooter
Coordinator

Nerd alert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me&R2.jpg (58.8 KB, 332 views)