Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #1001
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

1000 posts.

And probably that many arguments about Wenger.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #1002
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Epic match in the Coppa Italia semi-final in Milan between Juventus and Inter. Juventus won the first leg at home 3-0, and beat them again on Sunday in a Serie A fixture 2-0. Inter scored one in the first half, then got two in the second half with the tying goal on a penalty. Juventus had several great chances in extra time, but the game went to penalties. Juventus won by making all five. Palacio hit one off of the cross bar and down for Inter, but there was no goal line tech to see if there was a goal.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #1003
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

What a fricking strange Premier League season. City have been absolutely dire in the league. Pellegrini only has a job because Pep was always going to be coming in next year and now we are paying for it.

We've taken 3 points out of 33 against the Top 8. 3!! This is easily the strongest squad in the league and how Pellegrini has managed such a dismal record is almost amazing. I am going to cry if we start the Pep era playing on Thursdays.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #1004
Butter
Coordinator

MLS performance in the CONCACAF Champions League is so embarrassing.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #1005
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
MLS performance in the CONCACAF Champions League is so embarrassing.

Having the quarter final games played during the MLS preseason doesn't help matters either.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #1006
miami_fan
Coordinator

Arsenal gets a goal totally against the run of play.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #1007
miami_fan
Coordinator

Coquelin owes Wenger two weeks wages for that red card.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #1008
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Kane goal was just ridiculous.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:17 AM   #1009
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wow. What a game.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #1010
miami_fan
Coordinator

Arsenal fans have a legit complaint on that one. It should be 10 vs 10 based on the way this game has been called.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #1011
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Goodness, I'm spent.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #1012
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Fun game!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #1013
Critch
lolzcat

Sucks that the Dortmund v Bayern Munich game isnt on proper tv. The Fox Soccer 2 Go app is unreliable at best.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #1014
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's on FX
Old 03-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #1015
Critch
lolzcat

Good, wasnt listed yesterday. That's the real big game of the day. (Other than Rangers v Dundee in the Scottish Cup, obviously)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #1016
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ah, Chelski. Never change. Please.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #1017
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Coquelin owes Wenger two weeks wages for that red card.

Coquelin needs to be way smarter, but so does Wegner. You have a 1 goal lead in the road and you have an over aggressive midfielder on a yellow, who is known for getting carded and you leave him out there knowing Spurs is going to be pressuring most of the 2nd half looking for an equalizer.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #1018
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

WTF Newcastle. I am remembering my post from the beginning of this season where I was weighing leaving my rooting interest due to horrible mismanagement. I remember the last time they were relegated and it killed my interest in European football for 3-4 years (I was checked out when Newcastle came back to the league and then finished 5th!!).

Though I do remember at the time thinking about throwing my favor to West Ham and while I didn't do so, I'm glad they are doing so well. So maybe for the rest of the season I'll root for West Ham to finish in the Top 4 and... I don't even know what to do with Newcastle... root for them to get relegated because Ashley may be canned? Root for them to stay up because for all the shit, they are still my team? Ugh...
Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #1019
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Sucks that the Dortmund v Bayern Munich game isnt on proper tv. The Fox Soccer 2 Go app is unreliable at best.

Hope you got to see it in decent quality still ? Was actually at the game and it was likely the best 0:0 i have ever seen. It was basically the litmus test of the sport. The tactical wrinkles (like Hummels essentially doing the soccer equivalent of forechecking, Bender dropping back as a sweeper) and the responses (Bayern overloading the right side with Müller and Robben) by both teams were stellar, the pace and technical approach under extreme pressure as well.

Hummels was amazing to watch in person, in another era he´d definitely be a Beckenbauer-like figure. Has his blunders, but his combination of tackling, strategic thinking and passing/technical ability is soooo unique.

Mkhitaryan is a Top10 attacking midfielder, period.

Save of the year by Bürki

Best player for Bayern easily Vidal, perfect box-to-box midfielder. Old man Alonso is a sight to see as well, never seems to move faster than walking speed but is always in the right spot
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #1020
kingfc22
Head Coach

What happened to Palace? They are in a free fall.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #1021
MrBug708
Head Coach

Injuries and not spending money
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #1022
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've watched so much soccer this year. A few years ago, I never watched it much at all except World Cup. But in the past year, I've watched a healthy dose of MLS (so long as Timbers are playing, usually...) and followed my LigaMX team's playoff run and pretty much watch every Swansea City game weekly when I remember and I'm home.

What's tripping me out is how I'll watch BPL games that are other teams where I have no rooting interest.

The whole thing is still foreign in the sense that I don't have a strong sense of the players and tendencies and I know way more about hockey than I do soccer, but..it's still pretty cool to finally 'start' to get what people like about it.

I think my biggest thing from a spectator sport perspective is the lack of commercials. I think that's the equalizer that even though games can be slow sometimes, it's at least a free flowing game without a million timeouts. I really like that.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #1023
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Injuries and not spending money

Plus Pardew is a twat and karma is a bitch.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #1024
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think the stech of Newcastle might have followed him and he certainly deserved better than those fans
Old 03-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #1025
miami_fan
Coordinator

That was awesome, Timber fans. Well Done!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #1026
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

Portland - Columbus was entertaining and what a finish for Orlando City! Too bad I quit watching about 3 minutes to early.

I really think I'm getting Direct Kick this year. Haven't pulled the trigger but it looks like a bargain price, at least compared to Sunday Ticket.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #1027
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Plus Pardew is a twat and karma is a bitch.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #1028
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouCowboy View Post
Portland - Columbus was entertaining

That Higuain bicycle kick goal was quite fantastic, and on opening day as well.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #1029
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We got to see the new red card rules in action in the Sporting KC-Seattle match. Certainly didn't hurt KC's chances. Really weird goal wins it for KC. It was like the Seattle goalie fell asleep because the shot came from so far away. Three big points on the road to start the season and all the better without four starters.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #1030
whomario
Pro Starter

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/nxba.mp4

play beautiful

with the way Spurs value the Europa League, i kinda hope they finish 4th one of the coming seasons and the Serie A overtakes the BPL in the rankings to snag that spot. Was looking forward to watching that game and while the win was nice, i do feel kinda let down. At least i didn´t fly to another country as a Tottenham fan If they played City next weekend and were playing in Russia, ok. But ahead of the Aston Villa match and a 2 hour trip to Germany ? I´d be mad as hell as a Spurs fan about that.

Nice, professional job by Dortmund. Have little doubt they´d have beaten Tottenham anyway. But hey, i am sure no one minded playing the rotation players instead.

There was an iffy moment that could have been a penalty for Tottenham (though it was also a dive by Son), but on the other end Dortmund could have also scored 5 or 6 rather than 3.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 03-11-2016, 06:07 AM   #1031
miami_fan
Coordinator

McClaren out, Rafa Benitez in at St James's Park.

Rafa has worked for some interesting owners/chairmen/presidents in his last few stops.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #1032
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's about freaking time! I mean, really. Though very little room for error.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #1033
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We'll see how long this one lasts.

But really, the time to dump McClaren was many, many, many weeks ago.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #1034
Critch
lolzcat

Started the season at Real Madrid, ended it at Newcastle United. Thats what you call a fall from grace.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #1035
bhlloy
Coordinator

Possibly the two most unrealistic fan bases in world football though. So at least that will be familiar
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #1036
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
McClaren out, Rafa Benitez in at St James's Park.

Rafa has worked for some interesting owners/chairmen/presidents in his last few stops.

Liverpool- Hicks and Gillett
Inter Milan- Massimo Moratti
Chelsea- Roman Abramovich
Napoli- Aurelio De Laurentiis
Real Madrid- Florentino Perez
Newcastle- Mike Ashley
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #1037
kingfc22
Head Coach

Scumbag Costa up to his usual tricks today.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #1038
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Swansea Bournemouth. Another day, same ol' story for Swans. No way they could get a third straight positive result.

I think they'll be okay, but I am not super jazzed about being a fan of a team in the championship next year and yet...I won't swap teams if it happens.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #1039
Easy Mac

That was a spectacular strike for Watford
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #1040
kingfc22
Head Coach

What a surprise. Play with some pace and some urgency after 88 minutes and nearly tie it. Play to keep possession for 88 minutes and lose yet another home game.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:14 PM   #1041
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Job done. Now it's inevitable that we draw Bayern on Friday.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-15-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #1042
whomario
Pro Starter

What a game between Bayern and Juventus ! Juve with a gutsy performance, a few nice tactical wrinkles and 2 first half goals to go up 2:0 in Munich (first leg was 2:2), Bayern then fighting their way back in with Müller scoring the 91st minute to go to Overtime where the substitutes Thiago and Coman score. Coman is on loan from Juventus, too (with a reasonable option to buy) in what is maybe the single strangest loan i have seen at high level. Basically Juve gave Bayern the chance to hold a 2-year tryout for an insanely talented player and give them option to buy him afterwards ... And now he puts the knive into their CL season (also assisted the Müller goal).

Bayern with 75% posession in the game (Juve was closer on shots, only 26/16 for Bayern)

Last edited by whomario : 03-16-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #1043
whomario
Pro Starter

Dortmund vs Liverpool, yes Klopp is coming home
Old 03-18-2016, 12:25 PM   #1044
The Jackal
Coordinator

That Bayern victory also guaranteed the Prem keeping their 4th champions spot
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #1045
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vardy and Mahrez at it again. What a story.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #1046
MrBug708
Head Coach

Palace really getting burned by not doing much to improve the squad in the January window. Total free fall mode
Old 03-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #1047
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That Bayern victory also guaranteed the Prem keeping their 4th champions spot
Are you sure about that? It doesn't look like Juventus could have even come close to scoring enough points in the remainder of the season to see Italy catch England.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #1048
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Vardy and Mahrez at it again. What a story.

I'm now beginning to believe it might happen. I'm 100% confident we'll be top 4 now, 13 points ahead of 5th if Man Utd and West Ham win their games in hand, so we'll get a Champions League Q spot at least... Which is in itself surreal.

Did not expect it to carry on as long as this, but now beginning to enjoy it. If we get to the point where top 3 is pretty much guaranteed, it'll be like a free roll, CL group stages then guaranteed!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #1049
miami_fan
Coordinator

Yes, I was genuinely shocked that they actually kept out Mitrović out of the end of that match.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #1050
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Are you sure about that? It doesn't look like Juventus could have even come close to scoring enough points in the remainder of the season to see Italy catch England.

I read it somewhere, but I think combined progress from Juventus in the Champ and Lazio in the Europa could have done it if English clubs also failed to win
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote