Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #1001
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
All right, I'm spending too much time in thread when I need to be working, and I'm obviously only distracting by talking too much. I really need to learn to just check in at night time, I spend so much time talking in thread I always end up getting suspicion no matter what I do.

To make it clear, I have a role that allows me to gather information. Through that role I was able to target EagleFan, and voted him early and strong all day. I think if you look at my posts from night one through day two you'll see me trying to hint at that.

This is also why I boosted my trust of Lerriuqs today. I think his quoting of the wording in his night results match what I received well enough that he could not have guessed at it.

I have to get back to work so I'm just going to offer that and go ahead and change my vote due to the point about dubb and the All spark.

unvote dubb93
vote danny

I don't see a role like that listed.. What is your role name?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #1002
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here though, but I just feel usually a villager is more likely to try to give reasons for their vote to try to help keep suspicion off of them rather than the doubletalk approach is all. So I almost always view that negatively I guess.

With EF, I was purposely keeping my voting for him very stark without a lot of evidence, yet stated strongly. I thought I was succeeding at hinting that I had information to back it up, and yet obviously failling.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #1003
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't see a role like that listed.. What is your role name?

I am not revealing my full role because I dont' see why we should help the wolves out like that. There are a number of roles which allow you to learn information nightly, it is one of them.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1004
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

To make it clear, I have a role that allows me to gather information. Through that role I was able to target EagleFan, and voted him early and strong all day. I think if you look at my posts from night one through day two you'll see me trying to hint at that.

Is that a half reveal? How do you gather this information? What other information have you gathered? There is no point in a half role reveal.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1005
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I was the first player to vote Pass and I gave my reasons for voting him. My vote for Pass was in post 438.

In post 496 Autumn votes Pass(the candidate I introduced) and implys he wants a runoff between Pass and myself. Atleast that is how I read it.

Yes, as I already explained. YOu were on my suspect list and so was Pass. So it would be perfect to have you both be candidates. The fact that you voted Pass isn't going to cause me not to vote him, because I don't yet know which one of you might be a wolf.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #1006
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am not revealing my full role because I dont' see why we should help the wolves out like that. There are a number of roles which allow you to learn information nightly, it is one of them.

Ok, fair enough, but honestly I don't see many of those listed there that it could be. So based on what you told all of us I am guessing it would only be a mathematical exercise for the wolves to figure it out either.

I'll give you a break then for today

Vote Danny

Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #1007
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Is that a half reveal? How do you gather this information? What other information have you gathered? There is no point in a half role reveal.

I think there's plenty of point.

I do not have any more information that is useful today.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #1008
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, as I already explained. YOu were on my suspect list and so was Pass. So it would be perfect to have you both be candidates. The fact that you voted Pass isn't going to cause me not to vote him, because I don't yet know which one of you might be a wolf.

Can you tell us who else you used your role on besides Eaglefan and Lerriuqs?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #1009
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Scanner 2.0 is the only one that can recieve information nightly that hasn't been spoken for at this point. I suppose you could throw Savior in there, but with there being no lack of nightkills, there's no reason you'd have gained information from that.

I don't think I'm giving anything away to the wolves by saying that.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #1010
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok, fair enough, but honestly I don't see many of those listed there that it could be. So based on what you told all of us I am guessing it would only be a mathematical exercise for the wolves to figure it out either.

I'll give you a break then for today

Vote Danny

Yes, I'm hoping math will help us out. And frankly I was hoping that I wouldn't have to be this direct about it. As usual I didn't realize I was doing anything to make myself get any notice, so I thought I'd be able to just wait until I had more useful information.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #1011
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Scanner 2.0 is the only one that can recieve information nightly that hasn't been spoken for at this point. I suppose you could throw Savior in there, but with there being no lack of nightkills, there's no reason you'd have gained information from that.

I don't think I'm giving anything away to the wolves by saying that.

That's not the case, actually.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #1012
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I'm hoping math will help us out. And frankly I was hoping that I wouldn't have to be this direct about it. As usual I didn't realize I was doing anything to make myself get any notice, so I thought I'd be able to just wait until I had more useful information.

Well J23 pretty much said what I was thinking anyways.

Since there seems to only be one role that is capable of what you claim, I think it is worthwhile to give the rest of the information now as well who the other person you used it on was to help us build more information in case they kill you

Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #1013
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, I really have to get going. I really need to work on my "drop hints" skills after this game.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #1014
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's not the case, actually.

How is that not the case?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #1015
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you tell us who else you used your role on besides Eaglefan and Lerriuqs?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #1016
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm sorry, but I'd really like more information here.

By not coming out and saying you are the Scanner 2.0, you lessen the chance of a counter-reveal if you're a wolf and know that the role IS in the game.

By your semi-vague description, that's really the only role it could be, and it doesn't take too much to figure that out, so I don't think you're getting any protection by not making a full reveal and telling people who you scanned each night.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #1017
KWhit
Coordinator

Innnnnnnteresting.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #1018
Autumn
Head Coach

If you check again you will see that there are at least three village roles that can collect information nightly, including scanner 1.0. Especially given that we don't have 100% confirmation on Lerriuqs, I don't want to help do the wolves work by narrowing things down any more than they've already been narrowed down.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #1019
Autumn
Head Coach

There is another role, The Guard, which can scan for information, as well as Scanner 2.0.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #1020
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm sorry, but I'd really like more information here.

By not coming out and saying you are the Scanner 2.0, you lessen the chance of a counter-reveal if you're a wolf and know that the role IS in the game.

By your semi-vague description, that's really the only role it could be, and it doesn't take too much to figure that out, so I don't think you're getting any protection by not making a full reveal and telling people who you scanned each night.

Yeah, I figured I would vote Danny after the reveal, but the complete avoidance to answering the additional questions is kind of bogus. I'm gone until deadline in about 15 minutes.. if Autumn hasn't done better at least clearing up the air some here then I'm moving my vote to him.

basically with the hint he has given, it makes it sound like Scanner 2.0 to everyone without actually saying it. So why wouldn't the wolves kill him, so why does he have anything to hide?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #1021
Autumn
Head Coach

If I had information that could be of any use to the village of course I would reveal it. I am not taking anything useful to the grave, I am simply trying to make life a bit harder for the wolves guys.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #1022
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is another role, The Guard, which can scan for information, as well as Scanner 2.0.

Can you tell me how the guard role would make you feel better about lerriuqs and worse about eaglefan?

Why can't you tell us who the third person you used it on was so far this game?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #1023
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Given that Autumn won't come out and clear me - I'd suggest he's not Scanner 2.0.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #1024
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Given that Autumn won't come out and clear me - I'd suggest he's not Scanner 2.0.

I'm assuming of course that Scanner 2.0 would have scanned me by now...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #1025
J23
College Benchwarmer

If you're an autobot, I'm sorry, sincerely. However, the guard doesn't say it gains any information other than if they're in transformer or disguise mode. That wouldn't really give you any information to know that EF was bad as you stated.

vote Autumn

I'll be back later, at least briefly, to change it if more info comes to light.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #1026
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Can you tell me how the guard role would make you feel better about lerriuqs and worse about eaglefan?

Why can't you tell us who the third person you used it on was so far this game?

I didn't say I was the Guard, I said there were those two roles still in game.

I feel good about Lerriuqs because the result he got from PB sounded very similar to the result I got. I do not have any sort of confrimation on his allegiance. He could be the wolf that scans.

I knew that Eaglefan was a wolf because of what I found that night.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #1027
Autumn
Head Coach

I really have to get going. I hope that that is enough information for you all. I really don't see any advantage in giving more. Go ahead and lynch me if you find it suspicious, that's how the game's played. I've got to go.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #1028
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't say I was the Guard, I said there were those two roles still in game.

I feel good about Lerriuqs because the result he got from PB sounded very similar to the result I got. I do not have any sort of confrimation on his allegiance. He could be the wolf that scans.

I knew that Eaglefan was a wolf because of what I found that night.

Giving you one last chance to stop avoiding my question about who else you used it on besides Eaglefan. Not meaning this as a threat, but I'm pretty darn close to voting for you, which if you are telling the truth would likely be a mistake you are forcing me into.

I honestly see only one explanation that makes sense based on what you are saying, everyone else sees it including the wolves. So to continue to muddle it up with the dancing around the questions does nothing but cause us to not believe your reveal.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #1029
KWhit
Coordinator

Maybe this will start him talking.

UNVOTE DANNY
VOTE AUTUMN
Old 11-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #1030
The Jackal
Coordinator

Came into the thread with an idea of who I wanted to vote (Danny), and then Autumn throws this curveball. I don't particularly understand the deception if he is a villager. I understand trying to keep things from wolves, but why not fully reveal if they're going to kill you either way and you don't know anything further. It'd help the village judge if you're lying or not.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #1031
KWhit
Coordinator

Autumn, if you're telling the truth, it's too late for you to worry about the wolves killing you tonight. You made it pretty obvious to them as well as us who you're revealing as. Give us whatever information you have.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #1032
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unvote Danny
vote Autumn

Old 11-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #1033
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have to go and am out till after lynch. I gave him at least 30 minutes if not longer to clarify things, and he didn't even answer the main question i was asking. Hopefully he is trying to BS us and not just confusing us with no real intent.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #1034
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I would submit with the potential circle of trust growing and the number of true suspects getting smaller that this would be a really bad play for a wolf at this point. It doesn't really make a lot of sense from the Wolves point of view.

While you may not like, I suggest we go with what Autumn has provided and let him reveal as he feels like it. We still have time to lynch him later.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #1035
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Vote count as of 1034

Danny 2 - Schmidty (883), Autumn (999)
Dubb 2 - Darth Vilus (955), Danny (966),
Autumn 4 - Dubb (978), J23 (1025), KWhit (1029), Alan T (1032)
Old 11-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #1036
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Sorry PB - meant to take the Red off that post...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #1037
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to be out for the deadline again so I need to think about my vote soonish here.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #1038
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Ok, for those voting Autumn - why are you only questioning him now about his role? Why didn't you question him yesterday when he said his role led to EF??

We're at 8-3 with about 6 serious suspects - this just doesn't seem like a good wolf ploy at this point. The best method would be to blend in. Though, interestingly enough, two of my most suspected are on Autumn so it would make sense for you to leave your votes there and then blame it on Autumn when he comes up Autobot...

This type of thing usually comes up villager more than Wolf right? Wolves get caught in lies about their role not in withholding info - not on Day 4...The whole point of a fake reveal is to provide enough info to appear realistic without raising suspicion - how has Autumn done any of this?? It's not a good play for a wolf at all...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #1039
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok, for those voting Autumn - why are you only questioning him now about his role? Why didn't you question him yesterday when he said his role led to EF??

We're at 8-3 with about 6 serious suspects - this just doesn't seem like a good wolf ploy at this point. The best method would be to blend in. Though, interestingly enough, two of my most suspected are on Autumn so it would make sense for you to leave your votes there and then blame it on Autumn when he comes up Autobot...

This type of thing usually comes up villager more than Wolf right? Wolves get caught in lies about their role not in withholding info - not on Day 4...The whole point of a fake reveal is to provide enough info to appear realistic without raising suspicion - how has Autumn done any of this?? It's not a good play for a wolf at all...

The thing is the wolves know what roles aren't in the game. If Autumn speaks up at this point and claims the only role he could possibly claim and he knows it is in the game he just inserted foot in mouth if he is a wolf. I think he was trying to avoid that.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #1040
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
The thing is the wolves know what roles aren't in the game. If Autumn speaks up at this point and claims the only role he could possibly claim and he knows it is in the game he just inserted foot in mouth if he is a wolf. I think he was trying to avoid that.

He suggested a day ago that his role led him to EF. Why even state that if he's a wolf when it wasn't necessary? While I believe EF, there were plenty who didn't and there was evidence out there to support him being a wolf. Are you suggesting he's been sticking his foot in his mouth for a day on this?? Since when is Autumn that sloppy as a wolf?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #1041
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'd have to go back and look to see what you're referring to here. But certainly I remember several times mentioning that Lerriuqs might well be bad. I would lay out my reasons for being suspicious of him, but i don't think it's particularly worth the time given that he's not a good vote choice for tomorrow. I think as long as we continue to take his scans with a grain of salt (and the lack of beef in his scans is part of the question for me) we can leave him be. Certainly I have more suspicion of him than of Danny, who I dont have a read on, but that probably just has to do with Lerriuqs having a revealed role and more evidence to judge him on.

I had thought you might have noticed if you read through my posts today that I was solid on voting EF all day. As I've already mentioned, I had a reason for that, and the fact that it was borne out I would think would give me some rope here. Perhaps I'm being too clever with it. My role led me to vote EF today, I had hoped that letting it unfold naturally might give us some more evidence to go on but I'm not sure I found any. I tried to lay out the hints that I was sure about my vote, but apparentlly failed.

Took me a while, but I found it. Thought it was earlier than this though...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #1042
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Note it was after Eaglefan was lynched. So part of what I said above doesn't mesh- but why even state this if he's a wolf? It doesn't make sense to me...
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1043
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think Autumn deserves looking at and if he doesn't bite the bullet today, I'm sure he'll be a leading candidate tomorrow and be forced to share a more complete set of info.

VOTE DANNY
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #1044
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Note it was after Eaglefan was lynched. So part of what I said above doesn't mesh- but why even state this if he's a wolf? It doesn't make sense to me...

I'm re-reading Autumn yesterday and he doesn't sound like a villager that nailed a wolf in EF.

He posted that night after the night actions were posted and said he would vote the next day. Why not vote then if he had that information. Yes he comes back and sees that the heat hasn't really left EF so he votes him, yet he adds this:

Quote:
won't be moving my vote, barring new information. I don't see the Danny thing, and I feel sure about EF. I'd like to see another candidate, actually, neither Danny nor AlanT ping me. Other than EF I would go Dubb probably.

So lets assume he is 100% sure at this point that EF is a wolf and he is a villager. Why in the hell does he want to introduce me as a candidate. My vote will not be moving.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #1045
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm re-reading Autumn yesterday and he doesn't sound like a villager that nailed a wolf in EF.

He posted that night after the night actions were posted and said he would vote the next day. Why not vote then if he had that information. Yes he comes back and sees that the heat hasn't really left EF so he votes him, yet he adds this:

So lets assume he is 100% sure at this point that EF is a wolf and he is a villager. Why in the hell does he want to introduce me as a candidate. My vote will not be moving.

No offense, but why not? You were on the radar Day 2 with nothing really established for or against you - the best support you've got is that EF and Render are dead and that one of them had a piece of All Spark hwne they died.

I don't know if Autumn is good or bad, but this just seems to sloppy for a Wolf on Day 4. Which is why I think Autumn is a bad vote today - especially when we've got at least two more days to deal with him.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #1046
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

hwne = when...wow how did I type that??
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #1047
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

With that noted, it appears to be a two horse race...

VOTE DANNY

I have no idea whether I'll be around for the deadline tonight.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #1048
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Vote count as of 1034

Danny 4 - Schmidty (883), Autumn (999), Jackal (1043), lerriuqs (1047)
Dubb 2 - Darth Vilus (955), Danny (966),
Autumn 4 - Dubb (978), J23 (1025), KWhit (1029), Alan T (1032)
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #1049
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry PB - meant to take the Red off that post...

Actually lerriuqs, no biggie. I'm stuck in parent-teacher conferences most of the evening (after a morning of parent-teacher conferences and three fire alarms) so it helps. I may actually be begging for a vote count as the deadline comes us so that I can be timely so I don't care if it is pink with unicorn polka-dots!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #1050
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No offense, but why not?

B/C if you are the seer and you have a wolf why would you advocate other people to vote for someone other than that wolf?