Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #1001
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Sounds pretty cool. Very cool in fact. I think I filled out an application a while ago, but have never really posted there. Perhaps I will give another shout out. It would nice to be able to use all of this "useless" hockey knowledge on something worthwhile and productive for once.

If New York got LeClair and traded Lindros for Jagr. Think of the right wings on that team: Jagr, Bure, Kovalev, LeClair. Ridiculous. So I assume the Rangers will make the deal come the draft.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:17 PM   #1002
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

HB: It's the Rangers, they won't mind if they have as many RW as the Yankess have starting pitchers...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #1003
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

NO WAY Leclair comes to Dallas, unless it's Leclair for Turgeon. With Hicks self-imposed $66 million dollar cap, one thing we can't use is a $9 million dollar, 38 year old LW. That chances of that trade happening are pretty slim, though, because Turgeon didn't really enjoy playing for Hitchcock. We're stuck with him.

Sorta like Chan Ho Park for the Rangers.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #1004
Calis
College Starter

Well I just have to post in this sucka, so here goes.

I'm not a bigtime fan of the NHL by any means, but I watched some of the playoffs, and all of the Finals.

That being said, I started cheering for the Ducks quite a bit throughout, enjoyed watching them, and rooting for 'em.

Anywho, the point is...even beyond the booing that took place when Giggy won the Conn Smythe, which was pretty bad. Did you guys see the little dance and taunt Brodeur towards to him over the trophy? I thought that was horrible and completely uncalled for. One of the more classless things I've ever seen. You just won the Stanley Cup, this guy is probably the main reason the Ducks even MADE it there, and you do that? I couldn't believe it.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:09 PM   #1005
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis
Well I just have to post in this sucka, so here goes.

I'm not a bigtime fan of the NHL by any means, but I watched some of the playoffs, and all of the Finals.

That being said, I started cheering for the Ducks quite a bit throughout, enjoyed watching them, and rooting for 'em.

Anywho, the point is...even beyond the booing that took place when Giggy won the Conn Smythe, which was pretty bad. Did you guys see the little dance and taunt Brodeur towards to him over the trophy? I thought that was horrible and completely uncalled for. One of the more classless things I've ever seen. You just won the Stanley Cup, this guy is probably the main reason the Ducks even MADE it there, and you do that? I couldn't believe it.

Glad to see you watching the NHL! Good work!

As for Brodeur's little dance. Classless, yes. But what can you expect from a guy who made the beast with two-backs with his wife's sister?
Old 06-10-2003, 04:25 PM   #1006
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
NO WAY Leclair comes to Dallas, unless it's Leclair for Turgeon. We're stuck with him.

Sorta like Chan Ho Park for the Rangers.

Yes, you are. Yes, you are...

The Stars waived the Tin Man and, in a move that shocked no one, no team picked up the 34 year old center who is slated to make $7.5 million this year. $7.5 million! For Pierre Turgeon? That's like paying a 3rd line checking center something like, what, $9.5 million a year? Ridicule!

Unless the Stars buy Turgeon out (at a cost of $13.5 million) or agree to take on a hefty amount of his salary, the man aint getting traded. Add on his "no trade" clause to boot. Dunno what happens if Dallas can't move him. Hard to justify paying a minor leaguer $7.5 million a year.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #1007
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you guys see the little dance and taunt Brodeur towards to him over the trophy?

Could it be that perhaps he wasn't directing it towards Giguere, but was excited that the Cup was coming out next?
Old 06-10-2003, 05:44 PM   #1008
Karim
College Starter

Sach and/or CR,

Do you know who the HR is for the NHL NorthWest Division? I've applied to research the Flames but haven't received any info.

So will Staal or Fleury go #1? I'm really hoping that the Flames move up and grab Coborn or Phaneuf.

The player awards are on Thursday, and the draft is next Saturday... can't wait.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #1009
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by ISiddiqui
Could it be that perhaps he wasn't directing it towards Giguere, but was excited that the Cup was coming out next?

I didn't actually notice the dance, so I couldn't tell you, but that's kind of a stretch, don't you think? And especially if he was doing in Guigere's direction.

It's not like we're talking about a saint here.

Karim, I wish I could tell ya about the HR people for other divisions, but I'm just a little ole team researcher myself. And besides, we'll be signing NDA's, I'm sure, and in that case I can't tell you jack shit.

Maybe sachmo can point you in the right direction.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:21 PM   #1010
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
So will Staal or Fleury go #1? I'm really hoping that the Flames move up and grab Coborn or Phaneuf.

I think it depends on what trades are made before draft day, obviously. I know the Penguins have been trying to secure the #1 pick because they want to build their team around Fleury, but I don't know what they'd give up.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:28 PM   #1011
Calis
College Starter

ISiddiqui- Serious question here, not trying to be an ass. Do you honestly think he was doing it about the Stanley Cup coming out next? Seriously I'm curious, I thought I was fairly unbiased on the matter, not following hockey very closely and it seems blatantly obvious to me he was taunting the guy.

For that fact, I mean the guy was in tears after having just lost the finals, he was being awarded a trophy that he very much deserved, Brodeur couldn't have waited and allowed him his moment? There's really no excuse I can see for it, even if it wasn't taunting(Which I'm relatively sure it was) It was waaaayyy disrespectful. I think he went out of his way to be seen doing it as well, so no matter the intention, I think Brodeur is a giant pile of shit basically. The good news is however, now that I have a villain, and a team to root for, there's a good chance I'll become a hockey convert, I just might watch a few more games next season.

I didn't know about the wife/sister deal, I guess it fits then. I had just always thought of Brodeur as being one of the best goalies in the NHL, I didn't know he was also a giant prick, too bad.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #1012
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you honestly think he was doing it about the Stanley Cup coming out next?

Yes... Brodeur has always struck me as a classy opponent, who always says great things about the opposition. Listen to an after game report and you'll see how much he praises who he's playing against.

I don't think Brodeur would taunt someone, especially after he's said such nice things about him in the press room.

That, combined with the fact that absolutely NO ONE in the media has commented on it (it would have at least been in Anahiem/LA papers), I can't take too seriously that it was a taunt.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #1013
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Brodeur is just following in his idol Patrick Roy's footsteps, and we all know what a egotistical pri...er...nice guy Patrick was.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:46 PM   #1014
Pyser
Pro Rookie

I took Brodeurs actions as a way to silence the NJ crowd from booing. Kind of reminding them, hey, we got the cup, who cares about the conn smythe trophy.

also, many devils applauded jiggy when the trophy was awarded. did anyone happen to see if Brodeur was one of them? im not sure if he was or not, just asking.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:54 PM   #1015
tucker342
Pro Starter

Great Series! Congrats to the Devils on a great win!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:35 PM   #1016
bbor
Pro Starter

I STILL heart this thread...although i am kinda worries abiout a Ducks fan and a Stars fan working on the crownong glory of hockey simulators EHM

Who would want Leclair is a good question....This guy is on his last legs...he can still score but that's it...He cannot skate anymore...in the leaf/flyer series it was pathetic to see him crawl around out there.He is turning into Brian Propp....sit in front of the next during the PP and bang home rebounds...but is that enough to justify 6 mil a season??

Hicks has a salary cap for the Stars?..Does this mean that Hatcher may be looking elsewhere?

Jagr will not get out of washington...not even the Rangers will eat a 66 million contract.Leonsis is an idiot if he thinks he can ditch that.Even if he does all he will get in return is a 2nd or 3rd rounder...plus he'd prolly have to pick up 1/3 of the salary..AT LEAST.

I don't thinlk Brodeur was doing a dance to mock Jiggy......Brodeur has been nothing but classy in his NHL career....Personal life aside

I just had a thought,...what if the Flyers trade Leclair to the Wings for the rights to Hasek????

Flyers need a goalie....

Food for thought...but very outlandish

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:11 PM   #1017
Karim
College Starter

Yeah, I think the bunch of us can keep this thread going until September.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:13 PM   #1018
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Hatch is the #1 priority to be resigned, but that guarentees nothing. Dallas also needs to resign another important free agent, one Marty Turco. Unless Hicks dumps some salary quick, I don't see him coming in under his own restriction. Hatcher will make 5-6 million, or possibly 7 (YIKES!) and Turco will be at least 3. We've cut Dahlen and Muller, saving us almost 2 million. We still need to find 6 million somewhere to be even with last years payroll of $66 million.
Having said that, I have to question Hick's commitment to this imposed cap. If his goal was to win a cup (or two) before the labor negociations of 2004, he's going to have to keep this team together, which is impossible at $66 million, unless someone goes elsewhere quickly. I just don't see it happening.
I have heard an interesting rumor though...Matvichuk and Arnott to Florida for the #1 pick and Hagman. Personally I think Florida would get rooked in that deal, but if it's true then we have to take it quickly.

Karim, about EHM:FE, I'm not sure whom the NHL Northeast head researcher is, but I do know that your best bet would be checking out the EHM:FE forum and the Researcher Application thread in particular. There were lots of scouts who wanted jobs with the Canandian teams, even the minors, but not so many for US jobs. I had to go outside of the list for the Anaheim job (not complaining, Chief! ). I think Riz was planning on posting some openings soon, but I can't be sure. Checking out the forum would be the best bet at this point, though, and I'll keep my eye out for anyone needing researchers.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:19 PM   #1019
bbor
Pro Starter

Matvichuk was horrible this year...from what i saw anyways.

Turco is a RFA right?...he basically has no choice but to sign in Dallas.

As to who will be the first pick?...If the Panthers keep it most likely they will take Staal....

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #1020
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Brodeur taunting Giguere? Wow, what a mountain out of a mole hill. I only saw it once, but it seemed pretty clear he was directing it at his teammates. I haven't even seen this mentioned anywhere else.

Anyway, HOF announcements are tomorrow. Looks like Fuhr could go in, and who knows who else. Given how low the bar has been set, nothing would surpise me. Maybe even... Wendel?
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:29 PM   #1021
bbor
Pro Starter

Jiggy was just on Leno......seems like a stand up kinda guy...typical appologetic Canadian

Old 06-11-2003, 01:39 AM   #1022
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This thread shall not die!

If was a year or two ago and Hatcher had the season he did this year (another example of just what the end of a contract year can do for a guy), I could see him making $7 million easily. Teams may be reluctant to shell that kind of cash out given the impending Doomsday, but I could see someone splashing down $7 or $8 million on the guy. I don't think he's worth it, but he's a big, mean, tough defenseman (a player almost every other team seems to like) who is a Norris finalist. Leetch makes over $8 million, as does Lidstrom. Chelios, on one leg at age 76 makes a solid $5 million. Hatcher doesn't have the offensive potential of the first two I mentioned, but he's in for a big pay day I reckon. He's no fool (well, I think he is, but I am sure he has a smart agent) and will tyry to make some coin while the coin is there (see:this year).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-11-2003, 01:49 AM   #1023
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Derian Hatcher sucks.

/proud member of the I hate Derian Hatcher forever club
Old 06-11-2003, 04:23 AM   #1024
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
Derian Hatcher sucks.

/proud member of the I hate Derian Hatcher forever club

I am down with that for the most part. If it makes you feel any better a friend of mine from back home (Michigan) went to the same highschool as the vaunted Hatcher bros. Word on the street back in the day was that Derian had a small wee-wee. I cannot (thank god!), and never intend, to verify this statement.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:30 AM   #1025
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Speaking of EHM. What are your guys thoughts about having real NHL players and only fictional players? How important is it to you to have real NHLers?

Personally, it's quite important. Sure, I'd like to have the option to have only fictional players and to be able to create fictional players (see: myself), but I would love to be able to navigate the waters of a real NHL franchise with real players, prospects, coaches, etc.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:33 AM   #1026
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
I am down with that for the most part. If it makes you feel any better a friend of mine from back home (Michigan) went to the same highschool as the vaunted Hatcher bros. Word on the street back in the day was that Derian had a small wee-wee. I cannot (thank god!), and never intend, to verify this statement.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:40 AM   #1027
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Honolulu_Blue
Speaking of EHM. What are your guys thoughts about having real NHL players and only fictional players? How important is it to you to have real NHLers?

Fairly important for me, although I would still play the game without them. I have the belief that I can do a better job managing/coaching than my real life counterparts and use computer games to validate that belief. If it was only fictional players, than it would be just a silly game, and I wouldn't be gaining valuable experience for when I become a GM/coach
Old 06-11-2003, 08:46 AM   #1028
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Well, if you can edit players in CM3, then it's safe to say you will be able to in EHM:FE. I'm pretty sure that they intend on having real NHL players in the game, otherwise I wouldn't have a job!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:05 AM   #1029
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Well, if you can edit players in CM3, then it's safe to say you will be able to in EHM:FE. I'm pretty sure that they intend on having real NHL players in the game, otherwise I wouldn't have a job!

I'm sure part of the concern has to do with CM4 not being released in North America. If they have to do fictional players, I think it might be like OOTP where you will be able to get a file that changes all the players names. Or, the NHLPA might be a easier license to get and it's not a issue at all.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:13 AM   #1030
Calis
College Starter

I think Marc already said this, and it made sense. It's a whole different ballpark with licensing for hockey than for soccer. They have a much higher chance of a success rate with it here than they do with CM. I wouldn't worry about it.

P.S. Concerning the Brodeur "taunting" incident, maybe I was wrong. I also haven't heard any other mention of it from anywhere, so I guess I completely mistook it. Wish I could see it again, oh well.

That being said, I'm still keeping Brodeur as my NHL Villain. The Devils have also through him being declared the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL for me as well.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #1031
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow, the Devils as the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL? Big words. Very big. I think it's slightly misguided, but these things happen. It's good to have a team to hate! I, of course, would reccomend Colorado. They are evil. Not as evil as they once were, but make no mistake, they are evil.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #1032
klayman
College Benchwarmer

You know who a real NHL villain is... Derian Hatcher. Brodeur pales in comparison.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #1033
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Marchment is evil. Hatcher is only rotten, because he has some talent.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:29 AM   #1034
Calis
College Starter

Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually COMPARING the Devils to the Cowboys. Just saying I hate 'em, a lot like the Cowboys. Most of it has to do with the ongoing trash talking sessions my brother and I had over who was going to win the Cup, unfortunately I lost. This won't be forgotten!

Anyway, you're right...they were mostly just the team unlucky enough to get picked to be my hated team.

I just don't know though, I mean Colorado is definitely a team I could hate, but without Roy? It wouldn't be the same really. Anyhow, solely based off of Forsberg's play for me in various NHL video games, I like him, so through that, I can't hate his team.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #1035
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Marchment is evil. He had only one more step to take before becoming wholly, 100% completely evil and he took that this year when he played for Colorado.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:34 AM   #1036
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Sach, if Hatcher leaves Dallas, will you join my club?
Old 06-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #1037
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I wouldn't hate Hatcher. I "grew up" with him. I won't argue the fact that he has thrown some cheap shots in this league, but I don't put him in the same class as Marchment or Kasparitis. When he's on his game, he is a force and fun to watch. If he moves on, I will cheer for him like the homer biatch that I am.

On that same note, did I mention how happy I am for Langenbrunner, Nieuwendyk, and Marshall for winning another cup? I think Lags had an outside shot at the Smythe, too. How exciting! I hope he's finally broken out of his bad habit of disappearing after a good playoff, or Jersey fans are going to want his head next year!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 AM   #1038
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Party pooper!
Old 06-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #1039
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Marchment is evil, but that's ok... at least he doesn't play for a team I like .

Though, I think this might be the first time ever I've seen someone want Brodeur as their 'villian' . I mean the guy is so nice and humble, I thought no one would ever hate him .
Old 06-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #1040
bbor
Pro Starter

Newy and Hatcher are coming to Toronto...We are collecting old Stars here......and now that Kirk Muller is a F.A,....uhh..err..wait...we already tried that one here...did'nt work too well.

On a serious note....i think Greg Devries is gonna get ALOT of play as a F.A..he will be relativly cheap...and is way under-rated IMHO.

The Newy thing is sorta serious too..apparently Gary Roberts is pushing the Leafs managment to make a run for him.

Oh ya...Hatcher gets 7 mil easy.The Leafs will make sure of it....with Svehla saying he is for sure gonna retire(again) the leafs are hurting on the blue line.Even if they are able to resign Wesley they still need a defensive stopper.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #1041
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My god... if Toronto actually get Newy, then it will officially have turned into an old folks home . Hey, the Devs want him, but not if you are going to offer him a deal with Mogilny got .
Old 06-11-2003, 07:58 PM   #1042
Karim
College Starter

Thanks, Sach. There's just not a lot of updates on the EHM board. I have a lot of information already collected about the Flames so I'll just pass it on to whoever is doing the research. I'm really not interested in working on another team.

Where is Marchant going to go? There is no way he's returning to Edmonton and he'll be a great pick-up for a contending team.

Nieuwendyk looks finished but maybe returning home and playing with Roberts again will enthuse him. The Leafs are also collecting ancient Flames.

I think if any team goes on a spending spree it will have to be the Leafs. One more run before armageddon after which they'll need to dismantle and rebuild.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #1043
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Leafs need to get Nieuwendyk and then swing a deal (which would be easily done) with the 'Hawks and pick up Fleury, thus reuniting one of the best lines in recent histroy. That would be sweet.

DeVries should get a good look. He has been very solid the last few years, a bit of a late bloomer. I think Toronto will take a long look at him if Hatcher doesn't work out. Or even if he does. The Wings have noted interest, but after the Uwe Krupp fiasco I think it's best if the Wings don't deal at all with Ex-Avalanche players. They carry a taint.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:20 AM   #1044
bbor
Pro Starter

So Detroit won't be signing Claude Lemieux??

Old 06-12-2003, 12:01 PM   #1045
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Ed Olczyk will leave the broadcast booth to coach the Penguins next season, reports Sportsnet.
Olczyk was the color commentator on the Penguins' broadcasts and is a former Pittsburgh player. He apparently signed a multi-year deal. A curious move by a very curious franchise.

Found that on Rotoworld. I like Oklczyk, but I don't know if he's the best candidate out there. This team is going to be horrible next year. They need a coach who can steal a game or two, not another "character player turned coach".
Old 06-12-2003, 12:57 PM   #1046
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I disagree. As you said, the team is going to be horrible next year. Why waste all that money on a great coach, that's only going to turn the tide in maybe 2 or 3 games, 5 games tops. They still don't make the playoffs and are that much closer to becoming bankrupt. Olczyk is not the man to take them to the finals, but the seeds he plants with the young kids might pay off in a couple of years for some other coach.

The disappointing news is MacTavish getting a 3 year extension. I like MacT, but he's an awful coach. He cost us the playoffs two years ago when we needed a win in Calgary. He completely mishandled York and Comrie after their injuries this year. The powerplay was a disaster in the playoffs. His only saving grace is the development of the youngsters, particularly Hemsky and Horcoff. But that doesn't equal wins, especially in the playoffs. 3 more years of 8th place finishes and 1st round exits. Sigh.

Of course Kevin Lowe said that you're an idiot if you think MacTavish is to blame for anything. Guess that makes me an idiot.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #1047
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

And probably the other 9/10ths of Edmonton hockey fans, too! But we're happy in Dallas.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #1048
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

At the "Farewell Jets" gathering Eddie O promised he'd bring the cup to Winnipeg when he wins it next. Looks like there's still just as much chance of that happening as there was when he was a commentator!

Regardless, go Pens!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #1049
Franklinnoble
Banned

For the love of Pete, let this thread die already.

I get Christmas music stuck in my head every time I see the title...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 01:42 PM   #1050
henry296
College Starter

While Olczyk was not the best coach available, he might be for the price. Getting a former head coach like Laviolette or Curt Fraser probably would be more expensive and the Penguins need to save every penny possible and pray for a positive resolution to the CBA.

I think he will be good for the team. His knowledge of the game seemed strong listening to him broadcast the last couple of years. The one thing he always preached was getting the puck out at the blue line and getting it in deep, two areas where the Pens had problems. And he does have some coaching experience helping his sons 15-16 year old team in Chicago. Most of the Penguins next year won't be much older than that.

Todd