Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1001
Autumn
Head Coach

This is the description of hte rope that EagleFan put up:

"Items
Rope - Tie up a target to prevent them from performing a night action. or Tie yourself to a target for the night phase. or ???"

I'm sorry none of the villagers pieced these things together, but I think the Wolves obviously are more vested in paying attention to details.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1002
Autumn
Head Coach

dola, make sure everyone checks out the descriptoin of the Mask. I didn't manage to get my hands on it, but it is sure to muddy the waters if one of the wolves has it.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #1003
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I read that as: If I give more specifics, then I have to waste the ability on guarding myself rather than someone else. And, more importantly, I will eventually die for being the BG. But I may be the only one that read it that way.

Obviously most people read it that way, which seems silly to me, but apparently normal. If everyone was thinking I was the bodyguard then it wouldn't have hurt to say "I am the bodyguard." If hte only possibility was that I was the bodyguard then it wouldn't have hurt to say "I am the bodyguard." Clearly I would have guarded myself once I said that if that's what I was really saying, whether I said the exact words or not.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #1004
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
As some evidence, please reread my original post and see if you think it's possible someone would read something other than "bodyguard" into this. "If I give more specifics than that it will remove the value of what I can offer." Doesn't that suggest that it's something other than the first thing everyone thinks of?

what else could it be read as?

All the other roles have already been outed, there is only one left.

The bottom line for me is there is no way I am not attacking you last night as a wolf. If I don't I lose my shot at killing you for sure since I don't know if you faked protecting yourself or not.

Worst case scenerio is I get the sure kill the next night, as a wolf thats worth it for me to get the BG out of the game
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #1005
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

am I the only one who had no idea the items and their descriptions were being added to the first post?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #1006
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
This is the description of hte rope that EagleFan put up:

"Items
Rope - Tie up a target to prevent them from performing a night action. or Tie yourself to a target for the night phase. or ???"

I'm sorry none of the villagers pieced these things together, but I think the Wolves obviously are more vested in paying attention to details.

Oh, I saw this all right. At the same time, it never occurred to be it could be used to protect someone by doing what you did.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #1007
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what else could it be read as?

Worst case scenerio is I get the sure kill the next night, as a wolf thats worth it for me to get the BG out of the game

Worst case scenario would be the kill fails because of the rope, and you find out that I'm not the bodyguard, which is what would have happened. Actually it would have been worse than that for hte wolves, but they wouldn't have known that.

And clearly "what else it could be read as" is the rope. Or possibly something in-game they don't know about. But I can't imagine the wolves chose to ignore the introduction of the rope as easily as the villagers did.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #1008
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Ha, just found that out myself. Without a seer though, I'm guessing that the mask isn't really useful for a wolf unless there is a way to find out their identity. It might be useful to a villager though to dodge a night attack I guess.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #1009
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
am I the only one who had no idea the items and their descriptions were being added to the first post?

This is my exact point. If you're claiming that clearly no one would suspect me of anything other than the bodyguard, yet there was information in the game you were unaware of, clearly you can't suggest what EVERYONE knew.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #1010
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
This is my exact point. If you're claiming that clearly no one would suspect me of anything other than the bodyguard, yet there was information in the game you were unaware of, clearly you can't suggest what EVERYONE knew.

IMO that information damages your case, not helps it.

People who didn't know that was even there, like myself, are going to assume you are the bodyguard.

People who do know it's there are going to say " How the fuck could a rope stop me from killing someone?"
Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #1011
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
IMO that information damages your case, not helps it.

People who didn't know that was even there, like myself, are going to assume you are the bodyguard.

People who do know it's there are going to say " How the fuck could a rope stop me from killing someone?"

I dont see that logic at all. What purpose could there be to tying yourself to a target? It's not obvious what it does but it would make a wolf wonder, I would think. It's not like it's going to be something beneficial to the wolves.

And regardless, my point is that just because you were unaware of these facts doesn't mean that every person in the game was.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #1012
Autumn
Head Coach

dola and frankly I assumed everyone knew about the rope. EagleFan posted about it in thread.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #1013
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
this may have gotten lost in the quote tags above

The problem with that is EVERYONE thought you were hinting at being the bodyguard. Why would the wolves be the only ones to not make that assumption?
Catching up now, so the conversation might have moved forward, but I felt it was more likely that he was claiming an item than a role. If it was a role, why not just flat out reveal? With the item it made sense to ask for a day.

To be honest Lathum has been #1 on my distrust list this whole game, mainly for his weirdness with Pass, and so I grow uneasy with him driving this lynch.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #1014
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I just can't wrap my mind around why the wolves wouldn't have tried to off Chief Rum, given that Clap wasn't protected night two, which pretty much means Chief Rum WAS if the bodyguard is paying close attention. I, for one, didn't think the rope had the ability to be used to "protect" someone, and probably wouldn't have figured it out if I ended up with it.
Why knock-off CR? His power is more likely to catch a villager than a wolf. By killing someone else you are hoping to hit one of the two other remaining roles in the game. Sure CR is trusted but there's no real way to expand the CoT out from the Duke. This is why when I'm duke I always reveal D1. The wolves in the early going almost always have better targets than the duke. In this game they certainly do, between the BG and the convert. CR isn't really more of a threat to them than any other vanilla villager and in fact might be helpful if who he's likely to lynch is a villager.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #1015
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you or anyone else think I am a wolf then by all means ask me anything you like.

Are you a wolf?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #1016
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
EF posted about it once, and I could see it would be pretty easy to mis that post and thus miss their existance. This is knowledge of items why I read Autumn's reveal as an item reveal (again he was asking for 1 day which seems to jive with an item as opposed to a role).
Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #1017
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I read that as: If I give more specifics, then I have to waste the ability on guarding myself rather than someone else. And, more importantly, I will eventually die for being the BG. But I may be the only one that read it that way.

You weren't the only one that read it that way.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #1018
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think that's a fair reading of the statement, don't get me wrong. It's just not how I read the statement.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #1019
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No, you were not. I noted that EF said items could be found, but I gathered it was from clues in the writeups. I haven't had as much time to review those, so I hadn't been looking for it.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #1020
Autumn
Head Coach

There are clues in the writeups, and once the item has been found by someone he adds it to the list at the beginning. In the case of hte rope he also mentioned it in thread, but not with the case of the mask.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #1021
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Why knock-off CR? His power is more likely to catch a villager than a wolf. By killing someone else you are hoping to hit one of the two other remaining roles in the game. Sure CR is trusted but there's no real way to expand the CoT out from the Duke. This is why when I'm duke I always reveal D1. The wolves in the early going almost always have better targets than the duke. In this game they certainly do, between the BG and the convert. CR isn't really more of a threat to them than any other vanilla villager and in fact might be helpful if who he's likely to lynch is a villager.

The only trusted villager. No other target currently known is 100% certain to be anything but a cubicle worker. Plus, while you're right that the duke's lynch option is hit and miss, it could still hit. Too many reasons to remove that player from the game to keep them in.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #1022
Autumn
Head Coach

So what is the alternate suggestion? You believe the wolves decided not to make a kill which you describe as too good to pass up, for what? To try to make me look good? Does that make more sense that they'd pass up what you describe as an essential kill just to give me a chance to look good with a rope which obviously doesn't prove anything about my loyalty, given the reaction it's gotten. I don't think this theory is any more tenable than mine.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #1023
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The only trusted villager. No other target currently known is 100% certain to be anything but a cubicle worker. Plus, while you're right that the duke's lynch option is hit and miss, it could still hit. Too many reasons to remove that player from the game to keep them in.
I think you're wrong. I think you're overinflating the value of 1 trusted villager among many vs finding a convert or BG. They know what they get if they knock you off, essentially a vanilla villager with potential to harm the village. If they kill someone else they might hit the jackpot.

Again this isn't something that I've just come up with, it's how I play as the Duke. Your role has value for the village, with the power not being used, since we can trust you. But there are juicier targets out there than the Duke. I've never really believed you to be in danger.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #1024
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - The crucial thing is that the Duke has now way of starting a CoT so while the Duke might himself be trusted he has no real way of credibly extending the trust to others. The seer obviously does and in some games the BG does as well.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #1025
Autumn
Head Coach

All I can suggest is that people bark up some other trees, even if they're planning on voting me. Your case against me is well made. But when I come up villager, you're going to want to be able to make something from it. Right now you'll just have wasted a day.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #1026
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quick voting breakdown:

These are the votes on known good guys:

Lathum on Hoops (D1)
Poli on Schmidty (D1)
Martin D on Cartman (D1)
Dubb on Cartman (D1)
PB on Hoops (D1)
Danny on Claphamsa (D1)
Barkeep on Cartman (D3)
USFLTecmo on Cartman (D3)

Autumn on Claph (D1) and Cartman (D3)
Abe on Claph (D1) and Cartman (D3)
Lerruiqs on Claph (D1) and Cartman (D3)
Chief Rum on Hoops (D1) and Cartman (D3)

Obviously CR is excused as he's trusted. The other three though, I would think there is at least one wolf there. That means if we stick with one of them, we have a one in three shot of getting a wolf (assuming I'm not crazy and one is a wolf).

Autumn's case, we've laid out. Abe has faced some suspicion as well. And lerriuqs was defended by Pass some on Day 1.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #1027
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I feel Pass's defense of lerriuqs on D1 was a staged fight. I am currently doing a post analysis of Lathum and will have more on this idea then.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #1028
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking at it from my angle though, I know I'm a good guy. So almost every vote cast in the game so far has been for good guys (obviously ignoring Pass's lynch). Abe, Lerriuq and Barkeep I think are the only others who have gotten any votes that we don't know about.

Unfortunately I don't think voting in this sense is going to help us, as Chief Rum's voting record demonstrates. The wolves have had a pretty easy time of it since the major contenders for voting have all been villagers.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #1029
Barkeep49
Coordinator

PB: Basically being wrong twice on villagers is hardly damning, as shown by CR being on that list.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #1030
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB: Basically being wrong twice on villagers is hardly damning, as shown by CR being on that list.

Agreed, but at this point, what else are we going off of that shows anything? I feel like, and maybe this comes from not having a seer or any kind of COT beyond DR, we're throwing darts in a dark room. Sure, this is crude but any other attempts have been as well.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #1031
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Helped out at all that Abe and Lerriuqs were the last two votes on both Claphamsa day 1 and Cartman day 3?

One other note, Lathum would be there too if it weren't for the last minute switch yesterday.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #1032
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW I question why Barkeep is alive today.

Lets say for a second the wolves steered clear of CR/ Autumn last night because they were afraid a rope would thwart their attack.

I know if I am a wolf and I am going for a different target, at this point it sure as shit would be Barkeep.

No offence to Jackal.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #1033
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Same logic applies to you lathum.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #1034
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- If I am off on my thinking of Autumn I would look closely at Barkeep at this point. I also think PerdueBrad is being a little to agreeable at this point, plus he cast the first vote on Hoops and left it there.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #1035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Same logic applies to you lathum.

see, this is where I disagree.

People have been suspiscous of me all game, why would the wolves want to kill me?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #1036
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
see, this is where I disagree.

People have been suspiscous of me all game, why would the wolves want to kill me?
Umm Lathum, people were so suspicious of me I nearly was voted off yesterday. Perhaps that's why they didn't kill me. It's your constant pointing fingers in EVERY direction that strikes me as wolfish. So far this game you've voted or been suspicious of more than half a dozen people.

Vote Lathum

I am continuing with the post analysis, but don't know when I will be able to finish it.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #1037
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Umm Lathum, people were so suspicious of me I nearly was voted off yesterday. Perhaps that's why they didn't kill me. It's your constant pointing fingers in EVERY direction that strikes me as wolfish. So far this game you've voted or been suspicious of more than half a dozen people.

fair point, but IMO it would be far eaisier to get me lynched then you. As you are attempting to do now.

Lets not forget you were also driving the bus that lynched Cartman, a known villager.

If I was a wolf why switch my vote last night? What would I care if Cartman got voted off?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #1038
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum's voting record just yesterday:

Lathum votes Abe
Lathum unvotes Abe.
Lathum suggests Cartman as suspect.
Lathum votes Lerriuqs
Lathum unvotes Lerriuqs
Lathum votes Barkeep
Lathum unvotes Barkeep
Lathum votes Autumn

Lathum's voting record Day one:

Lathum votes Pass
Lathum unvotes Pass
Lathum votes Clap
Lathum unvotes Clap
Lathum votes Chief Rum
Lathum unvotes Chief Rum
Lathum votes Hoops

Strange?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #1039
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

whats strange about it?

Anyone who has played with me before knows I'm not afraid to change my vote if I see fit.

IMO it's alot stranger that on day 1 you kept your vote on Clap, despite him revealing and BK kept his vote on Abe despite clap being in danger after revealing.

It's much easier for a wolf to bury their vote like that day 1 then to put their neck out and make a decision.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #1040
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Question for Barkeep and USFLTechmo, Why did you guys leave your votes on Abe day 1 when Clap revealed and it was obvious there was going to be an Abe-Hoops run off?
Lathum what were you looking for with this question? I didn't quite understand it at the time since basically it's asking "So USFL and BK why were you right about not voting for hoops?" And that doesn't seem like it would lead to a meaningful response.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #1041
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
yes. Sorry, Clap-Hoops.
Found the answer to my own question.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #1042
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
IMO it's alot stranger that on day 1 you kept your vote on Clap, despite him revealing and BK kept his vote on Abe despite clap being in danger after revealing.

It's much easier for a wolf to bury their vote like that day 1 then to put their neck out and make a decision.

And I already explained that I didn't read his reveal until after deadline.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #1043
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum what were you looking for with this question? I didn't quite understand it at the time since basically it's asking "So USFL and BK why were you right about not voting for hoops?" And that doesn't seem like it would lead to a meaningful response.

I'm not sure I understand the question but it was clear Clap was a good guy, yet he was still in danger of being lynched. Why stand pat?

IMO it looks like you are burying your vote.

You can't vote clap for obvious reasons, yet you don't want to damn hoops and look bad for taking part in killing a villager. So you do nothing. IMO that looks like you are trying to steer clear of controversy.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #1044
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
fair point, but IMO it would be far eaisier to get me lynched then you. As you are attempting to do now.

Lets not forget you were also driving the bus that lynched Cartman, a known villager.

If I was a wolf why switch my vote last night? What would I care if Cartman got voted off?
I didn't care that cartman got voted off. I cared that someone that wasn't adding anythign to the game, analysiswise, got voted off.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #1045
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the question but it was clear Clap was a good guy, yet he was still in danger of being lynched. Why stand pat?

IMO it looks like you are burying your vote.

You can't vote clap for obvious reasons, yet you don't want to damn hoops and look bad for taking part in killing a villager. So you do nothing. IMO that looks like you are trying to steer clear of controversy.
See that's not intellectually honest is it? Because here I am not having voted for a confirmed villager D1, but I am defending those who did. I care about being right. I felt the lynch against hoops was wrong at the time, and posted as much, because it seemed to be driven as much by his absence as anything. And of course I wasn't going to vote for clap. And as I said there tends to be little reason D1 to change a vote.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #1046
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Updated votes (as of 1043):

Autumn 3 - Abe Sargent (989), Lathum (993), PurdueBrad (996)
Lathum 1 - Barkeep49 (1036)

Yet to vote: USFLTecmo, lerriuqs, Poli, Chief Rum, Danny, MartinD, Autumn, dubb93
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #1047
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I didn't care that cartman got voted off. I cared that someone that wasn't adding anythign to the game, analysiswise, got voted off.

someone who was ,a villager.

My point , that you didn't really address, was that if I am a wolf there is no incentive to me switching votes last night. Either was a villager goes down.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #1048
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
See that's not intellectually honest is it? Because here I am not having voted for a confirmed villager D1, but I am defending those who did. I care about being right. I felt the lynch against hoops was wrong at the time, and posted as much, because it seemed to be driven as much by his absence as anything. And of course I wasn't going to vote for clap. And as I said there tends to be little reason D1 to change a vote.

whether you felt it wrong or not those were the 2 options at the time.

Option A- clap
Option B- hoops

by choosing option C that makes you look like you were trying to steer clear of anything that can link you to a bad vote.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #1049
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
And as I said there tends to be little reason D1 to change a vote.

IMO someone revealing as the seer is a pretty good reason to change.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #1050
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My theory is, and lord knows I have been wrong many times before, is BK and Autumn are linked and this is a desperation ploy to not go 1-2 today and tomorrow.