Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #1001
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
What have you bought in the last six months that you don't see "enough good games"?!

I'm wondering the same thing. This fall has been a great period of games. Tons of good stuff to choose from. My problem is not enough time to play them all. I'll likely still be catching up next spring.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #1002
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm looking to pick up NBA 2k10, NHL10 and Forza 3. I'm hoping that they will be there tomorrow still.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #1003
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
I'm looking to pick up NBA 2k10, NHL10 and Forza 3. I'm hoping that they will be there tomorrow still.

Not sure which store you consider your 'local' store, but checking the website with in-store pickup, most of the six stores nearest you have all three of those games in stock still. You could order 'em, choose in-store pickup, and probably just waltz in to customer service tomorrow to retrieve them.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #1004
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure which store you consider your 'local' store, but checking the website with in-store pickup, most of the six stores nearest you have all three of those games in stock still. You could order 'em, choose in-store pickup, and probably just waltz in to customer service tomorrow to retrieve them.

Now, I'm annoyed. Website says games I looked for are "in stock" at my local store, but they were nowhere to be found just a few hours ago and an employee told me they were out of stock. I guess I'll just order on the website and do the in-store pickup.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #1005
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Now, I'm annoyed. Website says games I looked for are "in stock" at my local store, but they were nowhere to be found just a few hours ago and an employee told me they were out of stock. I guess I'll just order on the website and do the in-store pickup.

If they truly are out of stock and the numbers just haven't updated yet, that won't do you any good.

Games are also "assume received," so if they were supposed to get 15, and they got 3, the computer will still show 12 even though the actual number in stock is 0, just to use random numbers.

Just as an FYI. It may well be incompetence at work, but having been in retail for entirely too long, I can tell you from that long experience that sometimes, shit happens.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #1006
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
If they truly are out of stock and the numbers just haven't updated yet, that won't do you any good.

Games are also "assume received," so if they were supposed to get 15, and they got 3, the computer will still show 12 even though the actual number in stock is 0, just to use random numbers.

Just as an FYI. It may well be incompetence at work, but having been in retail for entirely too long, I can tell you from that long experience that sometimes, shit happens.

I know you don't work for Best Buy or anything, but I wonder if you order something online for in-store pickup, and then they don't have it, I wonder if they'll give you a rain check for it when the next shipment comes in.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #1007
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I know you don't work for Best Buy or anything, but I wonder if you order something online for in-store pickup, and then they don't have it, I wonder if they'll give you a rain check for it when the next shipment comes in.

Tough to do unless it's specifically advertised. Best Buy's raincheck system is computerized these days, and only allows rainchecks on items that a) are in the ad and b) don't have the "no rainchecks" exclusions.

They may take your name and phone number or what have you to let you know when the product is back in stock, but the way the in-store pickup system works is someone places the order, and then someone in inventory/merchandising, once the order is passed to the store, goes out to "pick" the item and prep it for pickup. If the item isn't in stock, the item gets "no-picked," which is basically "Sorry, website's on crack, we don't have it." The order just flat out gets canceled, as far as I know. The only time you'll typically ever set foot in a store with specific respect to a dotcom order is on pickup, and the website tells you not to go in before you get the email confirming that your items are awaiting pickup.

Reason is, the stores need time to actually receive and process the order, and that's not instantaneous.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #1008
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

uhhhhh
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #1009
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
uhhhhh

Shhhh.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #1010
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Not to completely threadjack, but the inability of stores to have an accurate inventory has puzzled me in this day and age of RFIDs and computers.

A delivery comes to the store. It has an RFID that states its contents, exactly, and can be read via a handheld scanner that uplinks directly to the store computer system. When a purchase is made, the store computer system knocks one off the inventory. When inventory is transferred to another store, it's done with RFID's that again can be posted real-time to the computer system.

It's not just Best Buy that has this problem, I'm just surprised it's still a problem. I admit that my industry is a bit different, and we don't use RFID's, but at any given time, I can go into our system and determine where ever part we've purchased is, including searching by specific part number and specific manufacturing date code.

Oh well. One day...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #1011
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

COD MW2 and now L4D2 - oh I'm glad I have about 12 hrs of OT this week.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #1012
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Not to completely threadjack, but the inability of stores to have an accurate inventory has puzzled me in this day and age of RFIDs and computers.

A delivery comes to the store. It has an RFID that states its contents, exactly, and can be read via a handheld scanner that uplinks directly to the store computer system. When a purchase is made, the store computer system knocks one off the inventory. When inventory is transferred to another store, it's done with RFID's that again can be posted real-time to the computer system.

It's not just Best Buy that has this problem, I'm just surprised it's still a problem. I admit that my industry is a bit different, and we don't use RFID's, but at any given time, I can go into our system and determine where ever part we've purchased is, including searching by specific part number and specific manufacturing date code.

Oh well. One day...

/tk

I'd say it's a combo of human error, theft, and all around incompetence. Our inventory is never right at Sears, and I'm always calling people and telling them that we don't have what they ordered from the dot com site. One of the favorite tasks I get to accomplish.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #1013
MJ4H
Coordinator

Read today that the latest rumor from Nintendo (hot on the heels of their announcement of a new XL DS with 4.2 inch screens in that they will be releasing an HD Wii in early 2010. Nothing more than a rumor but it comes out of discussions with Netflix.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #1014
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Read today that the latest rumor from Nintendo (hot on the heels of their announcement of a new XL DS with 4.2 inch screens in that they will be releasing an HD Wii in early 2010. Nothing more than a rumor but it comes out of discussions with Netflix.

That has been rumored for at least two years. I can't see it happening if only because it would split the market in the same way people fear(ed) a split between DS and DSi with the inclusion of the camera feature for some games.

You kill the golden goose if companies start switching the technology and people feel like they have to buy another $200 machine. Also, the HD console may not sell as well as they hoped if it has no way to upconvert the existing library.

I think people want to believe one of those is coming, but I can't see any way it makes sense.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #1015
MJ4H
Coordinator

Well, the new rumor is that it is dated for early 2010.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #1016
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Is the rumour about the arrival of a closing parenthesis to your paragraph?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #1017
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'd say it's a combo of human error, theft, and all around incompetence. Our inventory is never right at Sears, and I'm always calling people and telling them that we don't have what they ordered from the dot com site. One of the favorite tasks I get to accomplish.

That has to absolutely suck...through no fault of your own, their order is screwed up, and you get to be the messenger. I feel bad for you.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #1018
MikeVic
Head Coach

So someone told me it's $5.99usd for two songs as DLC in DJ Hero? Really?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #1019
MJ4H
Coordinator

)
Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 AM   #1020
Radii
Head Coach

Picked up Demon's Souls today, I think I spent about 5 hours in a few different sittings before beating 1-1 as a barbarian. I looked over a youtube walkthrough for help in a couple spots where I was dying every time without fail. Eventually found a good pace and was able to make it through the latter 1/3 of the level without many problems. Holy shit though!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #1021
SackAttack
Head Coach

We apparently got an assload of Borderlands on the truck tonight.

Anybody who's held off on the B2G1 for lack of that game might give BBY a whirl tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #1022
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Read today that the latest rumor from Nintendo (hot on the heels of their announcement of a new XL DS with 4.2 inch screens in) that they will be releasing an HD Wii in early 2010. Nothing more than a rumor but it comes out of discussions with Netflix.

I just don't see that happening in any way, especially next year. It just makes no sense. You think some people are having buyer's remorse now with the lack of quality titles? That'll increase drastically if Nintendo all but abandons a popular console in the prime of its shelf life in favor of a HD version.

But we won't have to worry about that. Nintendo's not that dumb.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-30-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #1023
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I just don't see that happening in any way, especially next year. It just makes no sense. You think some people are having buyer's remorse now with the lack of quality titles? That'll increase drastically if Nintendo all but abandons a popular console in the prime of its shelf life in favor of a HD version.

But we won't have to worry about that. Nintendo's not that dumb.

Agreed. If the impetus of the rumor of an HD Wii is the Netflix rumor, its really stupid. Netflix would simply stream 480p movies to Wii owners. Its DVD quality, so Wii owners would be satisfied anyway. Absolutely no reason for them to put out an HD version simply because they agree to distribute Netflix content through the Wii.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #1024
MJ4H
Coordinator

No, the impetus is this quote:

We’ve posted a couple stories on this Netflix-Wii idea lately, but there might be something you did not catch. Of course, we still have rumors of Netflix being ready to come to Wii by the end of the year, but Nintendo wants to wait until the HD version of Wii, which (get this) is coming in early 2010.

“What I’m hearing is that Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year, which still might take place, but that Nintendo is also considering holding off on the Netflix service until they release their next generation Wii HD unit in early 2010.” – Dan Rayburn

WiiNintendo - Everything Nintendo Wii

Last edited by MJ4H : 10-30-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #1025
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
No, the impetus is this quote:

We’ve posted a couple stories on this Netflix-Wii idea lately, but there might be something you did not catch. Of course, we still have rumors of Netflix being ready to come to Wii by the end of the year, but Nintendo wants to wait until the HD version of Wii, which (get this) is coming in early 2010.

“What I’m hearing is that Nintendo originally planned to bring the Netflix service to the Wii before the end of this year, which still might take place, but that Nintendo is also considering holding off on the Netflix service until they release their next generation Wii HD unit in early 2010.” – Dan Rayburn

WiiNintendo - Everything Nintendo Wii

Speculation with a quote is better than without?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #1026
MJ4H
Coordinator

I am telling you what the impetus for the rumor is. I don't have any idea if it is true or not. Apparently someone was told that Nintendo wants to wait until then for that reason. Whether it is true or was just speculation, I will leave up to you to decide. I mentioned when I said it was just a rumor, so take it however you'd like. I personally don't care much about HD.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #1027
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I personally don't care much about HD.

Which is much of the reason why this rumor makes no sense at all. We've been told over and over how the Wii shows that technology is not king. Makes sense given their top selling console doing well against HD consoles. So why would they release a HD console and cut off their most successful console at the knees when it's selling so well and at a profit and risk having a HD console that doesn't match up nearly as well with its competitors?

This rumor sounds like something that would come out of Harold Stringer's mouth. Hence the reason it's likely not true.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #1028
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just had my first ever PS3 lockup playing Uncharted 2.

PS3 = junk!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #1029
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just beat Uncharted 2. Like everyone else said, it was a good ride. That last battle was a bit of a beotch at first.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #1030
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Just beat Uncharted 2. Like everyone else said, it was a good ride. That last battle was a bit of a beotch at first.

At first? It took me a long while to finally get past that dude.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #1031
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I took advantage of the Best Buy's B1G2F and I got Demon's Souls, FIFA 10 (360) and Borderlands (PS3). Haven't opened them yet because I may just return them or sell them on EBAY. The only game I really wanted to try is Demon's Souls - figured I would sell the other two unopened. If anyone wants to buy either FIFA 10 or Borderlands for $50 each (shipped) let me know before Tuesday when I put them on EBAY.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #1032
spleen1015
Coordinator

Too many games, not enough time.

I beat Uncharted 2, finally.
Still have Demon's Souls, Brutal Legend to play. Dragon Age tomorrow. Modern Warfare 2 next week. OOTPX is tons of fun.

Lots of good stuff right now. I don't know if it has been like this for a long time.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #1033
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Any reviews out on Dragon's Age yet?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #1034
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I picked up Arkham Asylum for the PS3 last week. Finished it today.

I have to say, that was the most fun I've had playing a superhero video game in... well, ever.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #1035
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Most early impressions of Heavy Rain from over the weekend have been extremely positive. Can't wait for this game to come out. Here's one of the early impressions that does a good job of summarization........

Impressions: Heavy Rain | Loot Ninja
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #1036
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I took advantage of the Best Buy's B1G2F and I got Demon's Souls, FIFA 10 (360) and Borderlands (PS3). Haven't opened them yet because I may just return them or sell them on EBAY. The only game I really wanted to try is Demon's Souls - figured I would sell the other two unopened. If anyone wants to buy either FIFA 10 or Borderlands for $50 each (shipped) let me know before Tuesday when I put them on EBAY.

I probably wouldn't even bother. I crunched the numbers on the B1G2 and Ebay and they didn't work out the greatest. If your end goal was to get a game for $40, you might be better of returning the 2 to Best Buy for the $80 refund.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #1037
MikeVic
Head Coach

I played about 45 minutes of Demon Soul's at a friend's house... what's so good about the game? I was dying at an unbelievable rate, had to restart that same damn first stage every single time, and felt like the controls were pretty clunky. I knew who I wanted to attack, but couldn't.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #1038
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I probably wouldn't even bother. I crunched the numbers on the B1G2 and Ebay and they didn't work out the greatest. If your end goal was to get a game for $40, you might be better of returning the 2 to Best Buy for the $80 refund.

FIFA is selling at $48, Demon's Souls selling at $49 and Boderlands is selling at $48 on average. So I can make a little profit... I just wanted to take advantage of the deal for Demon's Souls mostly but the more I read about it being impossibly hard I'm probably not even going to open it.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #1039
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

You likely wouldn't get $80 back. You'd get $60 back.

It works on the same principle as the "buy X and get a gift card" sales.

If you buy a movie to get a $10 gift card and then return the movie, if you don't have the gift card to return as well, they're going to deduct the value of it from the amount you're getting back.

Likewise, if you did a B2G1 on games and spent $120, they're not going to give you a pro-rated refund so that you wind up with a $60 game for $40. They're going to issue a refund in such a way that as you're only ending up paying for one game, you're paying the price it was selling for during that sale...which likely means $59.99 + appropriate sales tax.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #1040
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Sweet - I just called Best Buy and I could return any of the games within 30 days to get another game. So I could trade FIFA, Borderland, and Demon's Souls for CoD, L4D, and Dragon Age.

EDIT:Sack - would that apply with returning a game for another?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 11-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #1041
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
FIFA is selling at $48, Demon's Souls selling at $49 and Boderlands is selling at $48 on average. So I can make a little profit... I just wanted to take advantage of the deal for Demon's Souls mostly but the more I read about it being impossibly hard I'm probably not even going to open it.

If you Ebay it, you are forgetting about Ebay's and Paypals cut. Ebay is 8.5% on the first $25, 3.5% after that and then Paypal is .30 + 2.9% (assuming you do less than $3000) plus a $1 fee to list a video game

So, $48 is roughly $42

Still, if your goal is to get a new game for $40, worth it because it will take all of 5 minutes to list them. Only do a 1 day auction at the price you want.. So many games out there, pointless to do that long of an auction on new things.

And ya, Demon's Souls is hard to the point of frustrating. I already sold my copy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #1042
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sweet - I just called Best Buy and I could return any of the games within 30 days to get another game. So I could trade FIFA, Borderland, and Demon's Souls for CoD, L4D, and Dragon Age.

EDIT:Sack - would that apply with returning a game for another?

That I can't answer with certainty since what you're trying to do is exchange three games which were available and qualified for the sale with three that were not.

I'd imagine you're at the mercy of customer service on that one. I can't say with certainty how your customer service representative would handle it, because it's not an attempt to game yourself a freebie or a sale price that didn't previously exist.

But if any of the three games have been opened, you're not going to be able to exchange that game for a different title.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #1043
MizzouCowboy
H.S. Freshman Team

I took advantage of the B2G1F from Best Buy and picked up FIFA 10, Demon's Souls, and Ratchet and Clank.

Have played the hell out of Demon's Souls and finally got past the first stage. Not sure what it is about this game but I can't remember the last time I played a game that was this fun...and frustrating. Ya think you're almost done with the level and it just keeps going, until you die for the umpteenth thousand time, and woohoo, you get to start all over again.

Have wanted to try FIFA for a long time and decided to give it a shot. Was surprised it included the Coca-Cola League 2, so I took over my longtime FM team, the Bury Shakers. Wow do I suck, 4-0 against Rochdale and 5-0 against Mcledersomethingorother. Hell I can't even get a goal in the 1 on 1 practice thing at the beginning.

Ratchet and Clank, haven't played it yet, looks like fun. Been years since I played a platformer.
MizzouCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #1044
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If you Ebay it, you are forgetting about Ebay's and Paypals cut. Ebay is 8.5% on the first $25, 3.5% after that and then Paypal is .30 + 2.9% (assuming you do less than $3000) plus a $1 fee to list a video game

So, $48 is roughly $42

Still, if your goal is to get a new game for $40, worth it because it will take all of 5 minutes to list them. Only do a 1 day auction at the price you want.. So many games out there, pointless to do that long of an auction on new things.

And ya, Demon's Souls is hard to the point of frustrating. I already sold my copy.

Good points - I just listed like 10 games on Craigslist with the three I got from Best Buy so we'll see how that goes.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #1045
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Most early impressions of Heavy Rain from over the weekend have been extremely positive. Can't wait for this game to come out. Here's one of the early impressions that does a good job of summarization........

Impressions: Heavy Rain | Loot Ninja

That game looks pretty awesome. I'm going to have to check that one out.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #1046
samifan24
Pro Starter

Why doesn't Borderlands have a demo? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 AM   #1047
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I played about 45 minutes of Demon Soul's at a friend's house... what's so good about the game? I was dying at an unbelievable rate, had to restart that same damn first stage every single time, and felt like the controls were pretty clunky. I knew who I wanted to attack, but couldn't.

I've gotten into this game big time and found it extremely rewarding, but its for sure not for everyone. I have massive amounts of free time and have found this game to really cater to a desire I have sometimes to play something that's just a huge challenge. I play a lot of MMOs and too many games are beatable even if you're brain dead. I've found this to be a nice contrast to that.

As for the controls, you pretty quickly learn when to use the lock on feature(R3) so that you're always facing your target and won't miss and when to leave that off to make sure you approach from a specific angle or keep a view on what's going on around you. In general on the first level, locking on to your opponents, learning their tendencies and how to best react for whatever char you've created and how to best attack them w/o getting hit is what I'd recommend.

The first level took me forever, but once I got a feel for things and started figuring out good ways to upgrade my character I have died a lot less. I've put 17 hours in so far and have 'completed' the base objectives in four levels. The Halloween weekend online event slowed me down a bunch though, if it wasn't for that I probably would have been at this point 5-6 hours earlier, measured by playtime of course.

I've also found a balance of using the wiki so I don't grind my wheels on a level/creature/fight forever, but avoiding huge spoilers so I see everything for myself. There were a couple spots early on where you see certain creatures or parts of a level and its just extremely impressive visually and if you're immersed in the game just like "HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT" type of an experience.

The wiki is a huge help:

Demon's Souls English Wiki: Demon's Souls (video game)

I'm dead set on putting in as much time as necessary to beat this game, I was frustrated frequently for the first couple hours, but once I killed the first boss at the end of the first level, I was totally hooked. It looks like I've completed 4 out of 16 levels, so that is gonna be awhile heh.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #1048
SackAttack
Head Coach

I dedicated myself to finishing the Battleplex events in R&C tonight. I finished the silver and gold cups and got through four of the five Raritanium events. The fifth one, I made it to wave 20/20; the final boss there is actually easier than the penultimate boss, but I hadn't gotten any health canisters in about ten waves, and I mistimed a jump on the second pattern.

MY WRISTS ARE PAIN
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #1049
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More impressions of Heavy Rain including developer comments..........

EE 2009: Heavy Rain Developer Session
Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #1050
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Forget about anything else, it's one week to MW2!

Tactical nukes!