Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #1001
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHand View Post
Sadly, there are owners out there who will hang onto guys like you out of spite.
...or out of the knowledge that they just created new leagues, and that there's a high demand for leveled-up players. No point in releasing a player when you can drive up the price for a few more days.

Well there, Vaughn. It looks like ol' J.R. has got you between a rock and a hard place. I'm willin' to sell......but it's gonna cost ya.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #1002
Anthony
Banned

well, again, that's a great stance when you got a guy locked up for a 3 year deal. for someone in the last year of his deal that ends in the middle of your season, you only hurt yourself. if he was smart he'd say "what's the name of your owner, maybe we can work out a deal". the opportunity i'm presenting to him is advance knowledge that i will reject the numerous offers he's already sent my way, will not stick with the team and am sure to leave. knowing that he can get started on finding a replacement. if i was stuck with the team for multiple seasons then i'd have to eat it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #1003
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm not that hard owner as some of you seem to be (probably that is also why i didn't reach the playoffs). During this offseason i asked if anybody wanted to leave, a few asked for it so i let the players with level 3 or less to go out for free and also traded a couple of level 8 players for 1/3 of their market value (lowered from 150k to 50k) as they wanted to play elsewhere. the rest of the players that decided to play for me, signed a renegotiated contract for 2 years more with a good salary for the team and themselves, and all them are happy to stay. A few of them have created backups for my team too.

I think a good owner and specially in the first seasons, needs to find a mid point between wanting to form a good team and forcing payers to play for their whole contract even if they are pissed off and damaging team chemistry as for sure over time it will hit you back (karma?).

Maybe that is why my players like me and i have no problems finding human players wanting to be my backups, specially after i was mentioned in the "good owners" thread and also by the word spreading of my own players. My team roster has 52 players, all human and all happy to play for me. Our team forum has over 450 posts and it's becoming a friendly community to hang out besides the game talk.

Btw, advice for those that can't fill their teams. One thing i did at first was to create a bunch of players myself and placed them in my team. As i was finding more players, i traded my own players away for good players or cash in return.

Slowly i'm getting all my own created players (12 so far) in nice and friendly teams, while getting cash or good players in return for my own team.

For me the fun both as player and team owner is being part of nice and friendly small communities. I guess that is the point of MMORPG, if i want to just manage computer players then i play FOF solo or Madden Superstar mode.

Last edited by Icy : 04-24-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #1004
Cheesehead Craig
n00b

Thanks for the advice Irish! I got me a backup LB to replace a guy going to his own team.

Now just need to get that nickelback, backup G and #4 WR.

I have a guy making a CB to be the ultimate return guy. He's gonna get the special abilites up for ret spec and build up vision, speed and agility. I'll let you all know how this goes this season. He's already a lvl 5 and has 3 boosts to use this season. He is likely to take a couple to the house.
Cheesehead Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #1005
Cheesehead Craig
n00b

Dola,
Icy - doesn't matter how good of an owner you are, my Trolls are still gonna beat you.
Cheesehead Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #1006
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
Dola,
Icy - doesn't matter how good of an owner you are, my Trolls are still gonna beat you.

Let's see.... TROLL!

Last edited by Icy : 04-24-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #1007
Subby
lolzcat

When the eff am I going to be able to boost?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #1008
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
When the eff am I going to be able to boost?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #1009
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Season 2 starts tomorrow - you can boost, view your team's schedule, etc. Games will start on Saturday.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #1010
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Finally broke down and am doing a 1 time boost.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #1011
sabotai
General Manager

I have a level 4 DT named Den Setsu. I would like to play on a team that is in a non-US league (since my other 2 are in US leagues), and I don't mind backing up.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #1012
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh, ironically, I also just made a new level 4 DT.

Erik Flamebeard HAS ARRIVED!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #1013
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Erik now smashes for the West Bend Warlocks.

edit: 6'2", 334 lbs. Jesus, I'm a mammoth.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-24-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #1014
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Erik now smashes for the West Bend Warlocks.

edit: 6'2", 334 lbs. Jesus, I'm a mammoth.

Ya well, ya better be. At this rate you might be the only D-Lineman...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #1015
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
well, again, that's a great stance when you got a guy locked up for a 3 year deal. for someone in the last year of his deal that ends in the middle of your season, you only hurt yourself. if he was smart he'd say "what's the name of your owner, maybe we can work out a deal". the opportunity i'm presenting to him is advance knowledge that i will reject the numerous offers he's already sent my way, will not stick with the team and am sure to leave. knowing that he can get started on finding a replacement. if i was stuck with the team for multiple seasons then i'd have to eat it.

I think I'll save one starting role for you, on the off chance your owner refuses to give you up. I'll probably create a CB myself just to fill the role till you arrive, then use him as a backup. I've nearly got the team complete. Need one DT, the CB, and a P to have the starters filled. Got a couple of backups, but I'll work on them throughout the season. There's simply not enough players right now.

I looked through my team's league. About 3 or 4 have all human starters. Most teams have less than half, and at least one has all CPU starters still.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #1016
Anthony
Banned

CB Hell Atlantic is now a free agent.

in the end, i always win.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #1017
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Offer sent, if interested.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #1018
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Except when you play Pumpy...
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #1019
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Hm. I suppose I should boost before the game tomorrow. Stupid money leeches.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #1020
IrishHand
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'm not that hard owner as some of you seem to be (probably that is also why i didn't reach the playoffs).
That's not correct - I'm a friendly, cooperative owner and my team won 9 straight against superior (higher levelled) teams to win their league title. If you do things the right way, it works out in the end. The owners that seem to delight in dicking guys over ultimately end up with rosters full of inactive and disenchanted players. Karma, as you say.

Quote:
Maybe that is why my players like me and i have no problems finding human players wanting to be my backups, specially after i was mentioned in the "good owners" thread and also by the word spreading of my own players. My team roster has 52 players, all human and all happy to play for me. Our team forum has over 450 posts and it's becoming a friendly community to hang out besides the game talk.
Exactly. My forums are at nearly 1000 posts after a half-season and a playoff run and I've got a great group of guys working together to have a good time and win games.

Quote:
For me the fun both as player and team owner is being part of nice and friendly small communities. I guess that is the point of MMORPG, if i want to just manage computer players then i play FOF solo or Madden Superstar mode.
Sad that not all owners feel the way you do brother...
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #1021
Anthony
Banned

ok, what's the name of the team from here that offered me a contract? i got 6 offers to start and all for a lot of money (apparently soon to be lvl 5 CBs don't grow on trees in GLB), but i don't know which one is one of the FOFC-related squads. speak now before i accept the best offer i have on the table. i just wanna start and make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac
The futures in my eyes, cause all I want is cash and thangs
A five-double-oh - Benz flauntin flashy rings, uhh
Bitches pursue me like a dream
Been know to disappear before your eyes just like a dope fiend
It seems - my main thang was to be major paid
The game sharper than a motherfuckin razor blade
Say money bring bitches, bitches bring lies
One nigga's gettin jealous, and motherfuckers died
Depend on me like the first and fifteenth
They might hold me for a second, but these punks won't get me
We got foe niggaz, and lowriders, in ski masks
screamin Thug Life every time they pass

indeed.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #1022
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
ok, what's the name of the team from here that offered me a contract? i got 6 offers to start and all for a lot of money (apparently soon to be lvl 5 CBs don't grow on trees in GLB), but i don't know which one is one of the FOFC-related squads. speak now before i accept the best offer i have on the table. i just wanna start and make money.

indeed.

Should be from the Victoria Admirals, I just sent another to ensure you have one.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #1023
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Should be from the Victoria Admirals, I just sent another to ensure you have one.

aye, aye. i'm now an Admiral.

i had some pretty good offers but fortunately you beat them all. excellent signing bonus, btw.

one guy PMd me "What can I do in order to get your CB?".

ohhhh, i was gonna get creative with that one. oh well.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #1024
MrBug708
Head Coach

The team I'm on has all 5 CB's at level 5 or above so I'm not sure how rare they might be HA
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #1025
Sgran
High School Varsity

I've got enough points to make a non-glam player. What's the biggest demand out there? He will progress as God intended.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #1026
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
The team I'm on has all 5 CB's at level 5 or above so I'm not sure how rare they might be HA

i'm saying it must not be all too ofren to have one become available. right now you probably have to trade for one, instead of having the opportunity to just sign one without giving anything up.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #1027
Icy
Pro Starter

I really like this play my DE just made, 8 yards loss sack by QBhunter Carrillo after owning a lvl 13 LT (my players is a level 8)

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1200357

Old 04-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1028
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
I've got enough points to make a non-glam player. What's the biggest demand out there? He will progress as God intended.

Olinemen or Dlinemen (besides punter).

Old 04-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #1029
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, this is an study somebody posted about it:

4.87 QBs per team (9967)
4.59 HBs per team (9407)
4.62 WRs per team (9456)
2.20 FBs per team (4504)
2.80 TEs per team (5740)
2.30 Cs per team (4720)
2.76 Gs per team (5656) (STILL WOW)
3.00 Ts per team (6141) (STILL WOW)

2.07 Ks per team (4104)
1.59 Ps per team (3258)

3.01 DTs per team (6157) (STILL WOW)
3.42 DEs per team (7012)
5.07 LBs per team (10,393)
3.75 CBs per team (7679)
2.81 SSs per team (5751)
2.81 FSs per team (5747)

Old 04-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #1030
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

i had some pretty good offers but fortunately you beat them all. excellent signing bonus, btw.

one guy PMd me "What can I do in order to get your CB?".

ohhhh, i was gonna get creative with that one. oh well.

Awesome, welcome to the team. Hit the Forums, our DC is posting how he wants the defense to set their individual tactics.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #1031
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

If any FOFC owners need a non-glamour player I've got enough flex points to create a guy and boost him to LVL 3. Let me know what you need and I'll create him.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #1032
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You'll have to check with Macro as he owns the team, but as D coordinator I'd like to have a human backup LB instead of the CPU player we have now.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #1033
Anthony
Banned

hold up - what part of "i just wanna start" wasn't understood? why was i signed to be the 4th CB? i was at least the nickleback on my last team and when i was graciously released from my contract i had a lot of offers to be the starter. why would i want to be a "4th CB" on your team. i see the two starting CBs on the team are several lvls above me, why did you guys even bother?

i swear, my patience in this game is quickly deteriorating. after this game i'm done with these "create a player" online games. i just want to control a team. i don't want to deal with creating guys who get buried on the depth chart. if someone can tell me what the fun is in that i'll listen. i'm not gonna even bother with the CB at this point. i'll check in next season once my contract is up and accept an offer where someone guarantees me a starting spot. i'll follow my QB Dean Houston who makes peanuts for money but at least is the starter.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #1034
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
HA, you've got some sand in your vagina that needs to be washed out.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #1035
Anthony
Banned

this is like Pacman Jones jumping through all these hoops to get the Titans to trade him to the Cowboys, only to find the Cowboys will use him in dime packages exclusively.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #1036
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Special Teams players can also make it to the Hall of Fame.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #1037
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

HA- I told you over on the team board to send a PM to Macro and I'm sure this can be worked out. Obviously there was a misunderstanding about you starting. You can either approach Macro and get it fixed or continue to bitch about it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #1038
Anthony
Banned

whatever, i'm not paying attention to the CB this season. if someone would've even hinted something along the lines of "it'd be great to have you since you're a fellow FOFCer, but our starting backfield is already in place", i'd have wished you guys luck and accepted one of the other offers i had on the table. i went from having a guy ask what he could do to get me to sign with his team to being buried as the 4th CB. great.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #1039
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:

Quote:
whatever, i'm not paying attention to the CB this season. if someone would've even hinted something along the lines of "it'd be great to have you since you're a fellow FOFCer, but our starting backfield is already in place", i'd have wished you guys luck and accepted one of the other offers i had on the table. i went from having a guy ask what he could do to get me to sign with his team to being buried as the 4th CB. great.

Sometimes when you chase the gold mine, you get the shaft.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #1040
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
HA- I told you over on the team board to send a PM to Macro and I'm sure this can be worked out. Obviously there was a misunderstanding about you starting. You can either approach Macro and get it fixed or continue to bitch about it.

BITCHING???

read the last page and a half of this thread - at what point did i give the impression that i was looking to get off my last team just so i could not start on another team? i literally scratched my head just now cuz i can't think of how i could've made it any clearer as to what my expectations were.

this kind of BS takes the fun out of it. i do this stuff for fun, not this farce. what a waste of my time.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #1041
cartman
Death Herald

Proof that Dean Houston inserted some part of his anatomy into the inappropriate orifice of some minor.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #1042
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

If you don't pay attention to your CB this year, I'd imagine the odds of finding a starting job would be significantly lower next season.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #1043
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist View Post
If you don't pay attention to your CB this year, I'd imagine the odds of finding a starting job would be significantly lower next season.

whoopie doo. then i'll just retire him and create someone else if i don't get any good offers next season. not like he's gonna get awesome stats anyway as a #4 CB. its just a game. the team i'm on now must have a lot of money to burn if they can give out big bonuses and pay #4 CBs $1500+ per game to sit on the bench. the team i have my other player, the owner had to take out a loan in-game to be able to make payroll.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:19 AM   #1044
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Just created a speed WR and boosted him to lvl 4. If anyone is looking for a backup WR send an offer to Swifty Swift.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #1045
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
i'm not gonna even bother with the CB at this point.

Sounds familiar. And your guy was even starting...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:23 AM   #1046
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm amazed at how this game reflects real life, both with team players and the greedy red flags TO's.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 AM   #1047
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
whoopie doo. then i'll just retire him and create someone else if i don't get any good offers next season. not like he's gonna get awesome stats anyway as a #4 CB. its just a game. the team i'm on now must have a lot of money to burn if they can give out big bonuses and pay #4 CBs $1500+ per game to sit on the bench. the team i have my other player, the owner had to take out a loan in-game to be able to make payroll.

Released...good luck.

And let me be blunt...I was going to work on it, then decided after reading here and the forums it wasn't worth my time to even deal with the amount of shit I knew you would start throughout the season if something did not go the way you wanted.

I pay the FOFC players very well, because they are going to work, and focus on the game. Everyone on the team participates, regardless of the level the are playing at. I have my subs set up to where my 3rd and 4th CB were seeing 30 plays a game. It was very effective for the energy side of the game.

As for money, we are sitting at over $2.5 million due to our stadium expansion and paying back the loan we took to expand. We bumped our ticket prices up a notch and still pulled in over 3.5 million in season ticket sales.

Good luck on a starting gig at lvl 4, on a decent team.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-27-2008 at 07:20 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #1048
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:

Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #1049
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Good luck on a starting gig at lvl 4, on a decent team.

what the eff do i care if i'm on a decent team or not? i just wanna start. i'm not gonna win any real life money or prizes for winning a championship in this game. i just want to have a guy i can log into to see how he performed in the games and to track his career. there's nothing to do with money in this game as of yet so getting paid a lot of money to sit on a bench means nothing. i'm sure eventually at the higher lvls you'll need money to buy better equipment, but right now all the money you need is to cover training costs.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #1050
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dutch might want to change that "wants winner" to a 0.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote