Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #1001
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Over 1000 posts in this thread. Crazy.

I didn't have time to play yesterday, with working 12 hours and seeing Batman at 11 PM (amazing, BTW). On Friday I was so tired but I still played a couple of games. I played Florida (as Kentucky) in my offline dynasty and got stomped. It was one of the old "it's in the game" type of games. I had 4 turnovers and FLA had zero. 1 of the INT's was my fault, but the other INT was stupid and both my fumbles were just ridiculous. They also had a fumble ret'd for a TD which I got challenged and got overturned. That would have been 5 turnovers. Geez. I was seriously pissed that game. And FLA ran up the damn score. I've never been in a position to watch the AI run up the score...but they did. And it really pissed me off. They scored TWO TD's in the last 2 minutes when up by multiple scores. They were both on 1st & 10 when they should have just been running the ball. The last one was with around :50 left when I had no timeouts left. They threw the ball 20 yards in the air, Harvin caught it, and scored. I was about ready to throw the game out the window.

It was challenging though. This was on AA. I'm seriously afraid to do Heisman with our crappy teams in NOFL, as I think there will be a lot of 6-6 or 7-5 teams. Or worse. I think on AA with the right sliders us crappy teams could go for 8-4 or 9-3. I'm hoping for that in my offline dynasty. I'm 6-1 with Kentucky but I still have to play UGA & Tennessee. In the online dynasty I play both SEC human opponents in my first year, also. We're not going to get in 10 years in this online dynasty because of how long each week is going to take. So I'm hoping to at least be in a decent bowl in year #1. We probably won't finish year #1 til November. Stretch out that timetable over the next 12 months. I dunno. Maybe I'm in the minority here.

As for Florida...I won't soon forget what they did to me. I play them in Lexington next year with better recruits and I seriously hope to kick their ass by 30. And I too will run up the score. FLA= teh jerks
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #1002
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post

It was challenging though. This was on AA. I'm seriously afraid to do Heisman with our crappy teams in NOFL, as I think there will be a lot of 6-6 or 7-5 teams. Or worse. I think on AA with the right sliders us crappy teams could go for 8-4 or 9-3. I'm hoping for that in my offline dynasty. I'm 6-1 with Kentucky but I still have to play UGA & Tennessee. In the online dynasty I play both SEC human opponents in my first year, also. We're not going to get in 10 years in this online dynasty because of how long each week is going to take. So I'm hoping to at least be in a decent bowl in year #1. We probably won't finish year #1 til November. Stretch out that timetable over the next 12 months. I dunno. Maybe I'm in the minority here.

I really don't want to go 8-4 or 9-3 with "crappy" teams. To me, that wouldn't be realistic (unless you have a very easy schedule).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #1003
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

If I have a choice to play with altered sliders on AA or slightly less altered sliders on Heisman, I'm going to go with AA 100 times out of 100. Heisman just isn't fun. Too many times the extra boost that the CPU gets makes you shake you head and just say "oh common". It's no longer a matter of ok well that could have happened...these are college atheletes and guys take bad angles and it turns into that literally would have been impossible *kicks chair over*
Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #1004
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok ok...who wants to play?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #1005
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
If I have a choice to play with altered sliders on AA or slightly less altered sliders on Heisman, I'm going to go with AA 100 times out of 100. Heisman just isn't fun. Too many times the extra boost that the CPU gets makes you shake you head and just say "oh common". It's no longer a matter of ok well that could have happened...these are college atheletes and guys take bad angles and it turns into that literally would have been impossible *kicks chair over*

i agree. i think the CPU cheats too much on Heisman. of course, another way of looking at it is when you're playing a more dominant player online - nothing you do seems to work and somehow every play they move the chains with ease and can stop you whenever you want. there are times i've felt like that, just being overmatched. so should the CPU have a level that equates to what it'd be like playing a really good human? perhaps so. that level is there for the people who want it - AA provides the best experience for me and i prefer to tinker with that. i think both teams have a chance, and that i really have to work to win the game. on Heisman the chips are stacked against me.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #1006
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Ok ok...who wants to play?

i'll log on now.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #1007
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm waiting for you big boy...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #1008
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

created a room for today.

name - fofc
pass - calzone
Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #1009
BigDPW
College Prospect

Had a good game vs. Anthony last night... finished 14-7 all the scoring was done in the 1st half... It was lots of fun... Probably would have been better if I was playing HellAtlantic though... What ever happened to that dude anyway?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #1010
Ironhead
College Prospect

Anyone up for a game right now?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #1011
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sun Tzu is just destroying me. I'm making some stupid plays, but he has the best stick skills of anyone that I've played on here.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #1012
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

REALLY close at the end of the first half. gh bud...and thanks for the compliment
Old 07-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #1013
DeToxRox
Head Coach

anyone game?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #1014
Ironhead
College Prospect

Good game DeToxRox. It started off a little crazy with the exchanged kickoff returns for touchdowns. I just had a few more lucky bounces, namely the tipped pass in the corner that was caught for a TD. There was also the punt early in the game that I was going to let bounce into the endzone that the computer picked up that ended up being run back for a TD.

Anyway, look forward to playing you during league play.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-20-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #1015
DeToxRox
Head Coach

You played well. I had three things kill me.

1. Special teams. Two ST TD's were killers. The punt moreso because it was a good punt that took a weird bounce.

2. INT's. Threw across my body too much, lead to a few INT's that were killers.

3. Hit stick. Gave up big plays going for fumbles, it kills me every f'ing time.

Good game though, it'll be fun come season time.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #1016
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Sun Tzu is just destroying me. I'm making some stupid plays, but he has the best stick skills of anyone that I've played on here.

The NOFL Pac-10 Conference championship just got a bit more challenging for EF27 against a well-positioned Stanford program and Sun Tzu.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #1017
RainMaker
General Manager

Seems like every one of you guys is getting 2-3 returns a game for TD? Is there anyway you've found to fix this?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #1018
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I have yet to allow a return for a TD, or get one for myself...
Old 07-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #1019
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I have yet to allow a return for a TD, or get one for myself...
Are you aiming your kicks out of bounds or going short with them?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #1020
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

nope...
Old 07-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #1021
RainMaker
General Manager

Are there any good sites out there that setup leagues? The online leagues are perhaps the only thing that has me intrigued at the moment. I have a couple friends who I might start one with but not sure. Otherwise I'd like to find one that perhaps has some older guys who don't quit after a bad couple games (and won't be cheesey).
Old 07-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #1022
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You may want to check the Operation Sports Forums. With online football leagues unless you've known the guys for years it's pretty much hit and miss.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #1023
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on your thoughts. With Mizzou doing so well last year, I was really looking forward to picking this game up.
Maclin is an absolute beast in the game. I haven't mastered the skill of uploading videos yet or you would have seen a sick catch he made against HA last night. I'm at around the 30 yard line and I have Daniel roll left looking for a receiver but no one was open. I look back the other way and Maclin is breaking free on a corner route. I throw it across the field toward the endzone and J-Mac makes a diving catch. I've returned 4 or 5 kicks with him too and he's had many big plays. Unfortunately I'm sure in every dynasty you play Maclin will leave after the first year.

I think the MU defense plays weaker than its ratings. The d-line is iffy and the secondary gets burned quite a bit. Witherspoon is great but I think they really underrated William Moore.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #1024
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Maclin is an absolute beast in the game. I haven't mastered the skill of uploading videos yet or you would have seen a sick catch he made against HA last night. I'm at around the 30 yard line and I have Daniel roll left looking for a receiver but no one was open. I look back the other way and Maclin is breaking free on a corner route. I throw it across the field toward the endzone and J-Mac makes a diving catch. I've returned 4 or 5 kicks with him too and he's had many big plays. Unfortunately I'm sure in every dynasty you play Maclin will leave after the first year.

I think the MU defense plays weaker than its ratings. The d-line is iffy and the secondary gets burned quite a bit. Witherspoon is great but I think they really underrated William Moore.

Don't do this to me!

I've been playing the demo and I've seen sacks and have yet to return a punt..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #1025
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Who wants to ball with me?

Gamertag is DesignerSky. Send me an invite and prepare to get wrecked.

(you will probably kick my ass...first day with the game here)
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #1026
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm signing on now for whoever is around.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #1027
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Holy shit...me and Karlifornia just had the greatest game ever. Once I figure out how to upload videos I will.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #1028
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kodos answer your damn messages.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #1029
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Holy shit...me and Karlifornia just had the greatest game ever. Once I figure out how to upload videos I will.

Yeah, great game man. Once you scored with :04 left in regulation, I had a feeling I was done. A lot of good action in that game. We'll have to have a rematch at Rutgers so I can return the favor
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #1030
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm up for another game with whoever wants to play....tried asking kodos but looks like he is afc.

Also, how do you invite people? Everytime i try the button is grayed out.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #1031
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm up for another game with whoever wants to play....tried asking kodos but looks like he is afc.

Also, how do you invite people? Everytime i try the button is grayed out.

I'm up for another one if nobody else takes you up on your offer...as for your question on invites, I was wondering the same thing
Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #1032
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm up for a game if anyone is interested. I warn you though that I am real rusty with football right now and will probably be a walkover for most of you.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #1033
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm up for a game if anyone is interested. I warn you though that I am real rusty with football right now and will probably be a walkover for most of you.

What is your gamertag? Let's roll.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #1034
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
What is your gamertag? Let's roll.

MrTurdFurguson

Where do I go?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #1035
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Jetsin06 (Rutgers) at Karlifornia (Stanford)

I'm down by 7, 10 seconds left.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #1036
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

In overtime, Stanford has to settle for a field goal, leaving me with a chance to win with a TD. On the first play of my possession...

Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #1037
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

go to the lobbies section. go all the way to the bottom. scroll through the custom lobbies till you find FOFC.

password is TROUT
Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #1038
RainMaker
General Manager

K, I'm coming.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #1039
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I'm up for another one if nobody else takes you up on your offer...as for your question on invites, I was wondering the same thing

When me and rainmaker are done and if you are free, I'm definitely down for a rematch.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #1040
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oops, sorry Mike. I somehow exited the game when i was trying to look at the stats. Sorry to cut off the end game conversation.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #1041
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm up for a game if anyone is interested.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #1042
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just sent you a message.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #1043
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm up for a game as well
Old 07-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #1044
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I just want to say playing the guys on here is a HUGE breath of fresh air. Having played Anthony (cough), EF27, Mike, and Karlifornia, every game was just like the real thing playcalling wise and felt JUST RIGHT.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #1045
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just got my ass handed to be by..I'm guessing Sun Tzu....I was NMSU and he was Stanford..I threw about 100 INT's..just stupid throws. If anyone is looking for a game against a quality player, hit up Katsumura..he's got game.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #1046
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

That was me

If it weren't for the picks the game would have been pretty close...you have a great mix of passing and running plays. Thanks for the kinds words btw.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #1047
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Good game Rainmaker. Another close one down to the last few seconds.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #1048
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I;m up for another!

GT: DesignerSky
Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #1049
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I created an fofc room if anyone is looking for a player...although I *think* me and Kodos are about to play. If your waiting for a match, create an fofc room so we know you are there!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #1050
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm in the room too...kodos seems to fade in and out of consciousness