Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #1001
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Atleast Ramiele got a faceful of Kristy Lee for a good 20 seconds. That's a nice parting gift if you ask me. Oh, and Dolly was pretty dreadful. Thank Jesus for having about 15 backup singers in that choir to drown her out most of the song.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #1002
korme
Go Reds

Hottest chick just left the show. Thanks, asswhite
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #1003
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm definitely on the "cute" side of the fence when it comes to pretty, petite Asian chicks. I don't see anything hot about Ramiele at all. She looks and acts like a 15 year old.

Thankfully, I only listened to about 30 seconds of Dolly - I was listening to some MP3s and just didn't want to hear a country song. I didn't realize she can't sing anymore. Wow. That was pretty awful.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #1004
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Atleast Ramiele got a faceful of Kristy Lee for a good 20 seconds. That's a nice parting gift if you ask me. Oh, and Dolly was pretty dreadful. Thank Jesus for having about 15 backup singers in that choir to drown her out most of the song.

that was quite erotic. I was hoping they'd make out.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #1005
Ksyrup

Did you guys see Castro during the group sing? Not only was his vocal pretty weak, but that dance thing he did was bizarre as hell. I swear, I think someone off stage is controlling his arms and legs. It's one thing to be shy and awkward socially, but he acts like he's never moved in public before.

And Archuleta keeps proving he has no idea how to sing a song with tempo. He couldn't pull off his solo without sounding strange/awkward, either. And of course, Ramiele missed her cue on the first line, which was not surprising.

And WTF with It's Tricky!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-03-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #1006
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Atleast Ramiele got a faceful of Kristy Lee for a good 20 seconds. That's a nice parting gift if you ask me.

my wife immediately turned to me and asked if I wanted to rewind it so that I could enjoy it again.

so, am I the only one who thinks Castro looks and sounds annoyingly like John Travolta when he's signing?
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 AM   #1007
Ksyrup

Someone made that comment about his performance on Tuesday. I can honestly say I have no recollection of Travolta singing. I know I've heard him in Grease, but that was a long time ago.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #1008
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Hottest chick just left the show. Thanks, asswhite

You could just console yourself with a tranny prostitute. Close enough, right?

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #1009
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm definitely on the "cute" side of the fence when it comes to pretty, petite Asian chicks. I don't see anything hot about Ramiele at all. She looks and acts like a 15 year old.

+1

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #1010
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you guys see Castro during the group sing? Not only was his vocal pretty weak, but that dance thing he did was bizarre as hell. I swear, I think someone off stage is controlling his arms and legs. It's one thing to be shy and awkward socially, but he acts like he's never moved in public before.

I kind of go back and forth on Castro, wondering if he is a complete poser or if he really may be a stoner (or a third option--that is he is just stone, cold dumb). For the first few weeks, I thought he was a total poser, but after hearing him interviewed a few times, I'm leaning towards stoner or idiot.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #1011
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

stoner, for sure.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #1012
Kodos
Resident Alien

We can put a man on the moon but we can't boot Castro off of this show?!?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #1013
rjolley
College Starter

I say stoner, the wife says stone cold dumb.

We all know who's right in that disagreement.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #1014
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
so, am I the only one who thinks Castro looks and sounds annoyingly like John Travolta when he's signing?

We've made those comments here at work. I'm expecting at any time for him to bust out into a Vinnie Barbarino - 'What? Where?'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #1015
Ksyrup

I can't remember if I posted the original news about this here or not, but if I did, it's now off:

In a Wednesday conference call with reporters, American Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe offered updates on this year’s “Idol Gives Back” fundraising effort, to air Wednesday, April 9. For starters, Lythgoe cleared the air on talk that Mariah Carey would perform a duet with the late Marvin Gaye, a la Celine Dion and Elvis Presley a year ago. “Unfortunately, it’s not [happening],” he shared. “We couldn’t get the rights to music with Marvin, so we had to cancel it.” (Chalk up one unsettling/eerie bullet dodged.)
Old 04-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #1016
Ksyrup

Also, Nigel seems to have backed away from doing the "add a person to the tour" contest that was originally planned.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #1017
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, Nigel seems to have backed away from doing the "add a person to the tour" contest that was originally planned.

Nobody worth adding to the tour, plus Paula is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #1018
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
You could just console yourself with a tranny prostitute. Close enough, right?

"Ramiele plans to move in with her bud Danny Noriega. If show business doesn’t work out, she plans on going to nursing school."
Old 04-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #1019
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

everytime i see him with that goofy ass grin on his face and those ridiculous dreads, all i can think of is Janice from The Muppet Show (the chick from Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #1020
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
"Ramiele plans to move in with her bud Danny Noriega. If show business doesn’t work out, she plans on going to nursing school."

Hey, two for the price of one. Heck, they really only need one closet.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #1021
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Hey, two for the price of one. Heck, they really only need one closet.

there are so many jokes available with this as the setup.....
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #1022
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

no comments on tonights show? wierd...

here is mine: david cook is messed up. sounded very odd from the first note and was a complete 180 from his usual smiling cocky self.

maybe his brother has gotten even worse?
zums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #1023
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK I'll bite.

1. Jason Castro
2. Brooke White
3. David Archuleta
4. Kristy Lee Cook
5. David Cook
6. Carly Smithson
7. Michael Johns
8. Syesha Mercado

Did I miss anyone? Might edit with comments in a bit. Watching Hell's Kitchen DVR right now.

Last edited by MJ4H : 04-11-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Michael not David
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #1024
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

This week's Football Frontier recap of American Idol is posted.

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/?p=244

Overall: It was the revenge of the over-practiced, indulgent theme songs of youth who have yet to learn how to perform. Wannabe Week featured far too many unnecessary trills and not enough seasoned interpretations. A surprising leader and a surprising seventh-place from a favorite.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #1025
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I have to agree with Jim on the winner:

1. Kristy Lee Cook - She could actually have a career in country with some handling. Color me a little shocked. Very nice performance.
2. Michael Johns - very good job with a tough song. Enjoyed his performance.
3. David A - I think having him not look head on is good for him. We don't see that brooding face all performance. Still, one of his better songs. He's becoming a Richard Marx-lite.
4. Jason - Back to a charming performance. But, I still don't really get this guy.
5. Brooke - Safe and pleasant. Enough to keep her on the show, but boring.
6. David C - Got too full of himself and tried to do a song that's really not right for this show. Maybe he's doing his "Daughtry" mail in now.
7. Carly - Angry Irish woman yelling a Queen song at us on Charity week. Broke the flow of the show and needs to dial down her intensity a bit - esp on a week with ukulele rainbows and Sweet Baby James songs.
8. Syesha - The exact opposite of KLC - she sang an emotional song like a robot. The "not-quite-Whitney" schtick is getting tired.

Last edited by Arles : 04-08-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:24 AM   #1026
Danny
Head Coach

Jason and Michael were my favorite of the night. Our Lady Peace has always been one of my favorite bands and it's too bad Cook didn't do a better performance with that.

Last edited by Danny : 04-09-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 AM   #1027
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Sometimes Carly scares me. She has a decent voice, but when she sings her high notes it looks like she's channeling them from hell or something. She gets this really ugly triangular face, and it's almost as though she pulls herself out of the song to get the high notes and then jumps back into the songs. She just can't insert them smoothly into the performance, therefore they feel too forced and out of place.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #1028
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Carly scares me too...mostly because she looks a LOT like an ex-girlfriend.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #1029
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think Syesha goes tonight, she loves the divas but just doesn't have the voice to match them. When are Idol contestants gonna learn never to sing a song that a previous Idol has released? There are always going to be comparisions, and usually not good ones.

May be some shockers in the bottom 3 this week with Michael Johns and David Cook stumbling. Don't see Brooke there though Jim much less going home. Carly could be in danger though which would be a disappointment if she went home this early.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #1030
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Frontier
1. Kristy Lee Cook. Yes, I really typed her name first tonight. Go figure. All season long, she’s been a solid bottom-tier performer. The audience doesn’t much like her, either. She’s been standing next to the eventual evictee at the end of the show so much lately that Ryan Seacrest can’t even get a reaction out of her any more. If this were Star Trek instead of American Idol, her shirt would be a ruddy orange from all that contact with red-shirted neophytes.

I pictured her more like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atomics...in/set-144263/

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-09-2008 at 08:17 AM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #1031
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

am I the only one who felt sorry for Paula's breasts? those poor things seemed like they were in a great deal of pain last night.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #1032
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
am I the only one who felt sorry for Paula's breasts? those poor things seemed like they were in a great deal of pain last night.

I really thought it was the episode where they would finally get off the island.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #1033
wade moore
lolzcat

I still like Castro. I would still probably buy his CD. I still don't think he's a good fit for this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #1034
wade moore
lolzcat

On Carly - Am I reading too much into her outfit? It seemed like at least a slight nod to Freddy Mercury to me?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #1035
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
On Carly - Am I reading too much into her outfit? It seemed like at least a slight nod to Freddy Mercury to me?

absolutely a nod, IMO
Old 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #1036
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
absolutely a nod, IMO
Ok. It was very clever IMO and I was disappointed that it wasn't mentioned since I imagine much of the viewing audience missed it.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #1037
IrishHand
Mascot

Quote:
I still like Castro. I would still probably buy his CD. I still don't think he's a good fit for this show.

Here I thought I was the only one. I agree that he's toast in the near future, but he's the only one on the show who's initial CD I am all-but-certain to purchase. I really do enjoy his style and voice. *shrug*
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #1038
Drake
assmaster

I'm not shocked that there wasn't a ton of comment last night during the show. It was "okay" television, but almost completely forgettable. Or maybe even almost instantly forgettable.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #1039
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I thought Castro's version was pretty neat last night, knowing it was a rip-off. I pulled up the original version of the ukulele version and listened to it this morning, and thinking back now I hate Castro's version. Holy god, he butchered that song. He needs to go yesterday.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #1040
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm not shocked that there wasn't a ton of comment last night during the show. It was "okay" television, but almost completely forgettable. Or maybe even almost instantly forgettable.

I can't stand David A because he pretty much does this 'inspirational' crap every week so, joy of all joys.. I get everyone singing this crap.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #1041
Drake
assmaster

I hate inspirational.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #1042
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I thought Castro's version was pretty neat last night, knowing it was a rip-off. I pulled up the original version of the ukulele version and listened to it this morning, and thinking back now I hate Castro's version. Holy god, he butchered that song. He needs to go yesterday.

Iz's version is much better.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #1043
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHand View Post
Here I thought I was the only one. I agree that he's toast in the near future, but he's the only one on the show who's initial CD I am all-but-certain to purchase. I really do enjoy his style and voice. *shrug*

That Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version was the perfect fit for his voice though.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #1044
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

Yes. Anybody who hadn't heard that version would have thought how novel his performance was but anybody who had heard that version, like myself, would have thought it was horrible. He did a terrible job with it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #1045
MJ4H
Coordinator

sigh
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #1046
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dialidol results are very interesting and in line with my bottom 3 last night (as well as my top 3.) That was David Cook's worst performance by a huge margin I thought and I agree with the comments that Carly seemed angry.

Edit: I also thought Carly's comment that she lost it because of the way Simon was looking at her was one of the lamest things a contestant has ever said.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-09-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #1047
saldana
Pro Starter

my prediction for the last two tonight are carly and syesha, although i honestly think brooke should be gone (a long time ago) that was such a boring as performance last night and again demonstrated that she has zero range.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #1048
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
my prediction for the last two tonight are carly and syesha, although i honestly think brooke should be gone (a long time ago) that was such a boring as performance last night and again demonstrated that she has zero range.

No results show until Thursday. Tonight, it is 2:30 hours of Idol Gives back. At least they got more celebrities this time.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #1049
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok. It was very clever IMO and I was disappointed that it wasn't mentioned since I imagine much of the viewing audience missed it.

My dad was ripping her outfit right away, and I told him that he should re-watch Live Aid -- aside from color, that was a definite nod to Mercury, and I thought it was a great touch. I didn't particularly enjoy her performance, but I loved the kudos to Mercury with her outfit.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #1050
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Yes. Anybody who hadn't heard that version would have thought how novel his performance was but anybody who had heard that version, like myself, would have thought it was horrible. He did a terrible job with it.

I have heard that version and I love it, but it's been a while. I didn't think that Castro did that bad, so I'll have to give the "original" a re-listen.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote