Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #1001
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, you believe Alan which means that you believe me. So where do you think we go today if we want to catch a wolf?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1002
Tyrith
College Starter

Pass, if hoops and alan are both bad we just lose. Not having seer scans will have pretty well wrecked us if that's the case. But hoops had every chance to get a kill yesterday, which would have cost us villagers a hundred thousand bucks. I'm highly inclined to trust him at this point. If they screwed us yesterday it was a masterful play, and sometimes you just get outplayed by good players.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1003
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Pass, you believe Alan which means that you believe me. So where do you think we go today if we want to catch a wolf?

Sorry I hadn't mentioned it much today -- but I thought everyone just knew that the guy on top of my wolf list was Tyrith.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #1004
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I'm loathe to punish MrW for buying a dangerous role as a good guy, and being forthcoming about it, on the chance that he may have been converted. I also don't think it does nearly as much damage to us now as it does later in the game, when there are fewer players and a swing in assets is magnified.
I
Old 02-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #1005
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Sorry I hadn't mentioned it much today -- but I thought everyone just knew that the guy on top of my wolf list was Tyrith.

By virtue of saving SnDvls yesterday, or voting for you 2nd today?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #1006
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, I'm loathe to punish MrW for buying a dangerous role as a good guy, and being forthcoming about it, on the chance that he may have been converted. I also don't think it does nearly as much damage to us now as it does later in the game, when there are fewer players and a swing in assets is magnified.
I

I can understand that, and I'll admit that thinking about the fact that it's just what's in the bank or on hand is not a big deal. I still maintain that the wolves have more interest in him than we do, based on the fact that he can steal their money, which could be large -- and the thief will know to look in what they have on hand, since the wolves won't want to leave too much in the bank, lest the FOB should see it.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #1007
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its time for me to run. Good luck with the lynch today, not sure when I will get home, have to drive to springfield to pick up my daughters and back.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #1008
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
By virtue of saving SnDvls yesterday, or voting for you 2nd today?

Saving SnDvls, and getting defensive about my ideas on the thief. I'm not sure what to make of the 2nd vote on me, but it doesn't seem like it raises him in my eyes.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #1009
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
If we need two days to kill him why would we? He won't have any money left when it happens. Especially if we tried to vote him out once and it bounced, the second time doesn't matter -- we'll already be able to get all the info we need from the first time.

i guess the thinking would be "to try to remove one person whom they can pass money to"

but they're always going to be able to maintain their $$ unless someone can't get online to transfer it.

i'm with tyrith on this one surprisingly. i don't see going after alan tonight as the best play.

Mr. W, did you respond to my suggestion of you burning the thief tonight to steal $1 from me?

If you are not in-favor of that plan, that I would urge everyone to vote for you, as we can't have you converted and with the thief i believe.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #1010
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

there's a lot of interplay here between alan/hoops/pass going on, like it's swirling like a tornado or something. and then pass fingers tyrith.

it's...interesting. at least giving us something to work on.

i take back what i said about urging people to vote for Weds...i thought i was caught up at that point but i was a page behind
Old 02-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #1011
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, I think I can get behind a "bury the thief" option as well, although the call truly rests with the player with the ability. But the fact that he is drawing heat in multiple directions from people about this power - even when he has been up-front about it - should demonstrate that there concern (and maybe votes) will follow until it is used up.

I would also suggest that we consider someone other than DT, who came up with the plan, as a person to take part as the "robbed" party to avoid concerns with collusion.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #1012
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, what is your take on what we've seen today with Alan/me/Pass? Do you have strong thoughts on any other directions for the vote today?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #1013
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Actually all of your money will be lost if we lynch you.

It will only be passed out if you actually pass it out in thread to others.

I was making a direct reference to the likelihood that I would disburse my liquid monies if a bankruptcy were an inevitability. Mind you, I've got enough liquidity that I'm not sure it would be an inevitability.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #1014
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Pass, if hoops and alan are both bad we just lose. Not having seer scans will have pretty well wrecked us if that's the case. But hoops had every chance to get a kill yesterday, which would have cost us villagers a hundred thousand bucks. I'm highly inclined to trust him at this point. If they screwed us yesterday it was a masterful play, and sometimes you just get outplayed by good players.

this is an interesting post. by the end of the game it may prove to be highly ironic.

FWIW if i'm a wolf i think i go after hoops + alan real early as converts, b/c of their perceived "status." although we know they are both trusted, or at least they trust each other.

whether they trust each other and are both good now, or whether they trust each other and they're both bad (along with Tyrith) and this is some sort of "let's lay the plan out there in disguise since we are so well in control" type of thing so that they can point at it and laugh while we chase our tails, I'm not sure.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1015
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DT, I think I can get behind a "bury the thief" option as well, although the call truly rests with the player with the ability. But the fact that he is drawing heat in multiple directions from people about this power - even when he has been up-front about it - should demonstrate that there concern (and maybe votes) will follow until it is used up.

I would also suggest that we consider someone other than DT, who came up with the plan, as a person to take part as the "robbed" party to avoid concerns with collusion.

fine by me. i'm all about winning the game for the regular rich folks, at least at this point.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #1016
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh, I wish I was nearly as diabolical as the schemes people think up for me sometimes.

I'm going to trust Alan for a day. We clearly haven't trusted each other all game long.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #1017
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh, I wish I was nearly as diabolical as the schemes people think up for me sometimes.

I'm going to trust Alan for a day. We clearly haven't trusted each other all game long.

it'd be awesome if you were!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1018
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cool, although such a detailed answer gives the bad guys a really good idea of how much money you have. Which is why I framed the question as narrowly as I did.

Unlike us, the bad guys know exactly where the service bids fell, so they can work out the exact amount of money on either side of the game. The utility of knowing the finances of a specific player are somewhat limited; it's nice to know of someone with more money, because then there's more chance of being able to trigger inheritance to a cutthroat, but they already know who the main such players are.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #1019
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

who has put down votes already?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #1020
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i have not voted and will not do so until after 7pm i'd say it's safe to assume.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #1021
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm about to. I'm leaving in 30 minutes, and will probably put in a vite in 15 minutes.

I can't believe I mistyped it as vite, so I'm leaving it in!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #1022
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wait? ur the bride? :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #1023
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I'll put the vote in now, and see if it gets some discussion going before I go.

VOTE TYRITH
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #1024
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
MrW, if/when you arrive and read this maybe you can help me with a question here. When you got Saldana's money, how much of it was in CDs versus a bank account transfer?

Doing a bunch of math, I've determined that I got the proceeds from a $10k, 2-day CD last night, with the balance to my bank account initially as part of the inheritance.

I received $50,612 then. I'm not entirely sure how that adds up.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #1025
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If I may follow up... Saldana was killed on night 2. There would have been the non-invested $20k, plus $15k for one vote... and it looks like I pocked the other $15k as well. Maybe the cutthroats aren't getting the salary we get for voting if it gets moved into the bank immediately.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #1026
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think that makes the vote 2-1-1 Pass over Tyrith and me.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #1027
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, the "non-invested $20k" looks like it also includes proceeds from a one-day CD.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1028
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
If I may follow up... Saldana was killed on night 2. There would have been the non-invested $20k, plus $15k for one vote... and it looks like I pocked the other $15k as well. Maybe the cutthroats aren't getting the salary we get for voting if it gets moved into the bank immediately.

That is consistent with what I received from Lathum - I picked up 37,500 (prior to his CD maturing, then it was a bit more).

I was curious if a peek at bank money by the bad guys on Night 1 showed that Saldana didn't have money in the bank and that would make him more likely to have money on his person when they bumped him off Night 2. But it doesn't sound like this is the case, since he had 20K "non-invested", unless he moved it between N1 and N2 prior to dying.

This point potential supports (Pass = Rich) a little bit, although it would more if I knew what day he had the FOB.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #1029
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not sure about that -- I got 10K from path, and the rest was in a CD. If the 15K was in the bank, I should have received at least that much not in a CD, right? If sal was killed one night 2, could that 15K be from his Day 1 vote?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #1030
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Double dola, the "non-invested $20k" looks like it also includes proceeds from a one-day CD.

Strike what I said about supporting Pass, as a peek on N1 would have shown 30K invested in CDs and no money in the bank. So that hurts his case a little bit.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #1031
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I had it Day 1 and Day 2, hoops. Day 3 I forgot to bid.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #1032
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think that makes the vote 2-1-1 Pass over Tyrith and me.

Pretty sure that's right.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #1033
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All right, I'm out -- I doubt I will make it back by deadline.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #1034
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I had it Day 1 and Day 2, hoops. Day 3 I forgot to bid.

Without getting into any discussion on the actual amounts, did you see anything strange in terms of deviation from day to day?

Drilling down into two more specific instances, did you see anything around Tyrith and/or SnDvls, who drew some attention from you as of late?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #1035
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls, what is your take on what we've seen today with Alan/me/Pass? Do you have strong thoughts on any other directions for the vote today?

Sorry been signed in, but not reading it all

I'll comment once I catch up
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #1036
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Regarding what to do with the thief... if there is a strong consensus that the best thing to do with him is burn him tonight, then I am willing to do so.

Pro:
* Removes a dangerous ability that the cutthroats might wish to use to rip a large sum out of the bank, where presumably most of us have been keeping it to avoid having it be taken if we're killed

Con:
* Removes a potentially useful ability that we might wish to use to steal cutthroat money to set up winning the game. We are unlikely to have another clear shot at taking their money, and if they get ahead of us, it turns into a conventional game of werewolf; the only real question right now is who's ahead.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #1037
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
If sal was killed one night 2, could that 15K be from his Day 1 vote?

I'm already accounting for the day 1 vote. There's an extra 15k that could only be from the day 2 vote.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #1038
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, I'm OK for now with letting you make whatever you think is a good decision on this. But I think that you run the risk of attracting more and more attention as days go by without using this power. Both in terms of likelihood of getting bribed and voters who are anxious about you.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #1039
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

And I should warn you all now, I'm going to a hockey game in about ten minutes, and will probably not make it back home before deadline. So if anything develops in the way of votes on me, I will likely not have the opportunity to defend myself nor shift my money to someone else. For today, that would be very bad for the good side. (though it may make sense to do tomorrow... who knows what the wolves will be up to tonight?)

Old 02-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #1040
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
MrW, I'm OK for now with letting you make whatever you think is a good decision on this.
I don't have a strong feeling either way, and I have a purely selfish interest in holding onto the thief because (as I noted previously) I feel like it makes it less likely that I would be killed and more likely that I would be bribed.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #1041
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just make sure you have your business addressed (vote, actions, etc) before heading out.

I'll be looking to put my vote in sometime after 7PM when the kid is off to bed. I've tried to avoid running a bully pulpit at this point in the game, but I also want to make sure that if someone is going to be on the receiving end of the vote they have time to move their finances (if possible). Hopefully that is possible on a Friday night in the event that we end up going in the wrong direction ...
Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #1042
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I don't have a strong feeling either way, and I have a purely selfish interest in holding onto the thief because (as I noted previously) I feel like it makes it less likely that I would be killed and more likely that I would be bribed.

Yep, but more likely to be bankrupted by fearful Rich too. If you are looking to live long and prosper with the Rich I think it makes sense to use it (in whatever way you see fit) earlier in the game. I don't think you will be afforded the opportunity to bank it until we are down to five players or anything all that close to that number where it would have its greatest impact.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #1043
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And I should warn you all now, I'm going to a hockey game in about ten minutes, and will probably not make it back home before deadline. So if anything develops in the way of votes on me, I will likely not have the opportunity to defend myself nor shift my money to someone else. For today, that would be very bad for the good side. (though it may make sense to do tomorrow... who knows what the wolves will be up to tonight?)
ur drivign to oxford for #1 Vs #2?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #1044
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

No, staying here for #8 vs. (unranked).

But good luck taking down the evil Wolverines.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #1045
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Two on Pass, two on Tyrith.

I'm going to keep things open and add in another candidate.
VOTE Chief Rum

Old 02-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #1046
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I have my other affairs in order for the day cycle. DT, if you want to go ahead with the theft plan, make a note in-thread and I'll take care of it tonight.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #1047
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I honestly don't like any of the canidates with votes now so I'm going to vote where I did yesterday.

vote The Jackyal
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #1048
Tyrith
College Starter

Concerns me that more people haven't voted by now, considering that friday nights are typically so slow.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #1049
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay. What's the latest?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #1050
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think we should go ahead with the thief-plan since Mr. W is basically offering it. As hoops stated, he'd like to see someone other than me on the end of it...I'm open to anyone. And I should be around pretty much all night.

I don't have any real thoughts on who to vote for yet.