Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #1001
Blade6119
Coordinator

lonely...im soo lonely...i have nobody, to share my cell with
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #1002
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Unfortunately I didn't see anyone on my little excursion.

So, does this mean hoops is going to have to be quiet for the rest of the day? At this point I think its pretty obvious he was, in fact, telling the truth on blade which makes him one of my most trusted individuals.

I'm having a hard time finding any "new dirt" on anyone at this point. Blade got nailed so quickly that he didn't really have a chance to align himself with anyone else and the only other evidence we have at this point is AE's little SNAFU. At this point I'm leaning towards voting AE, but I'm going to wait to see what today's discussion brings about.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #1003
path12
Coordinator

OK, I found something very interesting this morning. In square G2 I found a knife. I'm planning on giving it to the police.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #1004
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
OK, I found something very interesting this morning. In square G2 I found a knife. I'm planning on giving it to the police.

Did you see anyone else in your square or on your way there?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #1005
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

That's probably a good idea.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #1006
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry, I know I've been viewing the thread a long time, my wife was on the phone with me.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #1007
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It looks like Hoops had the gold to accept his appointment! That makes me happy!

Alan, I understand your concern, but it's unwarranted.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #1008
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Did you see anyone else in your square or on your way there?

No. This morning I moved E2-F3-G2 and saw nobody the entire time, just found the knife at the Dock.

I'm not sure what it means -- It's nowhere near where anyone has been killed as of yet, maybe just a random find. Has anyone found any objects randomly at squares they've been to? You don't have to say what it was, I'm just curious if there's stuff around....
Old 02-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #1009
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I haven't found anything yet.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #1010
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
No. This morning I moved E2-F3-G2 and saw nobody the entire time, just found the knife at the Dock.

I'm not sure what it means -- It's nowhere near where anyone has been killed as of yet, maybe just a random find. Has anyone found any objects randomly at squares they've been to? You don't have to say what it was, I'm just curious if there's stuff around....

No. Haven't found anything.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #1011
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Unfortunately I didn't see anyone on my little excursion.

So, does this mean hoops is going to have to be quiet for the rest of the day? At this point I think its pretty obvious he was, in fact, telling the truth on blade which makes him one of my most trusted individuals.

I'm having a hard time finding any "new dirt" on anyone at this point. Blade got nailed so quickly that he didn't really have a chance to align himself with anyone else and the only other evidence we have at this point is AE's little SNAFU. At this point I'm leaning towards voting AE, but I'm going to wait to see what today's discussion brings about.

If hoops really is gone, I think that takes at least some of the heat off of AE, but it would sure be nice to get some verification that he's gone to get the navy instead of trapped somewhere.

In my list late last night my top three suspects were AE, Raiders and Vince. We all know the reasons for AE and Raiders -- it's more of a gut feel with Vince -- not just the fact that he was playing devil's advocate on Blade, but there was a comment or two about everything being very murky or unclear; where I felt quite the opposite regarding our friend in the brig. I'll go back and try and find the posts I mean when I get a chance but it's gonna kind of a busy day.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #1012
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Isn't the dock where Hoops was goin? Kinda concern'd someone didn't gut em like a fish and dump the body in the riv'r.

The ardvark is a mighty peculiar an'm'l...kinda curious what the other greenhorns t'ink.

Need more whiskey...barkeep!!! blort blort blort...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #1013
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Isn't the dock where Hoops was goin? Kinda concern'd someone didn't gut em like a fish and dump the body in the riv'r.

The ardvark is a mighty peculiar an'm'l...kinda curious what the other greenhorns t'ink.

Need more whiskey...barkeep!!! blort blort blort...

Did he need to go the the dock or the seaport?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #1014
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
If this works, hoops will be appointed as a captain in the Blahoopian Navy. As such, he can modify his AP tonight to join the Navy...which I'm assuming he did or is doing right now. He will need 10 gold and then leave immediately for the Sea Port (?, I don't recall seeing that on the map) to hire more sailors to rid us of the pirates once and for all.

Not from the letter, barkeep said to expect the recruiting to take 3 days.

Says seaport, but you've got me worried now, Qwiktimer.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #1015
path12
Coordinator

BTW Saldana, I finally start to trust you in a game and you go and get killed. Crap.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:44 AM   #1016
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
BTW Saldana, I finally start to trust you in a game and you go and get killed. Crap.

damn pirates... at least you didnt get my money.

let that be a lesson for you Path, ...always trust me, its an excellent starting strategy
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #1017
Vince
Pro Starter

Working all morning again -- should be off by about 5 PM PST.

Glad to see I'm moving up peoples trust lists...is there anything I could do to assuage your fears? I'm nothing but a plain old treasure hunter, and I'd rather not stay in jail. Kind of bummed that friggin auction guy had to go blare to the world that I have a shovel...I don't want to be a target any more than I have to be.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #1018
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, supposedly Ardent's story has Hoops heading to the seaport which is A-4. I'm not sure this knife is related in any way to Hoops. I was trying to figure out maybe it fell out of some pirates pockets or they had to get away fast or something, but then why end up at G-2? I noticed it was a river square, so maybe washed down the river? Only problem with that theory is its a mountain river square, usually rivers flow away from mountains due to well nature. So I'm not really sure whats up with the knife.

Perhaps the knife is just something totally unrelated and gives you the ability to knight kill someone path (ie: Villager assassin style). Of course, I'm not sure what the local police would think of someone who did that though.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #1019
Schmidty
Coordinator

When I was in D3 (Elle's Emporium), I saw Taz and Vince. I have no idea what that means, but considering that saldana was killed near the bank, all 3 of us could be suspects I guess.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #1020
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Out for this stupid career development board. I have to get ready, do some shopping, and get a haircut as well.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #1021
kingfc22
Head Coach

I have no clue on who to vote for. I almost don't want to vote for anyone since we are only down to 11 today.

SnDvls - dead
Desnudo - dead
Saldana - dead
Hoops - MIA
Raiders - left the treasure hunting business
Blade - Pirate

That leaves:
Path
Alan
Penny
KWhit
Qwik
Gramm
Taz
King
AE
Schmidty
Vince
Old 02-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #1022
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

well so far its less than 5 hours left, and I think I have the only vote out. So you arent alone king. Because the first two days have been pretty big run away votes for Blade, we haven't really found much in the way of voting habits to go on. So its pretty important to go from here and work on this.

I think Ardent and Vince both are suspicious in my mind, I think Taz has been giving me a weird vibe, and I'm still not sure about Penny. Mostly everyone else I'm pretty neutral on... We need to get some voting going though, thats our best way to narrow down things.

I've noticed that alot more people have been quiet about what they saw yesterday morning (I'm wondering if its because they don't want to get caught in a slipup like Blade and Ardent and Raiders did or not).
Old 02-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #1023
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
well so far its less than 5 hours left, and I think I have the only vote out. So you arent alone king. Because the first two days have been pretty big run away votes for Blade, we haven't really found much in the way of voting habits to go on. So its pretty important to go from here and work on this.

The thread title says that the deadline is Sunday at 8AM, so that might be part of why there's not many votes out there right now.

Speaking for myself, I'd love to hear thoughts by some who haven't posted so much such as Gram.

Also wondering if a vote for Raiders position while it is unfilled might be a way to go -- he is definitely on the suspect list and we could then view him to see if he is really the investigator while the replacement is being found.

The other point we'll need to get to at some time is: When do we start trying to figure out a monopoly group? It's been three days and I'm wondering if it might be possible in the next couple of days if we pool correctly.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #1024
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Speaking for myself, I'd love to hear thoughts by some who haven't posted so much such as Gram.
I was going to post the exact same thing. Gram has been very quiet and he also camped out. At least Alan told us why he camped out.

Gram is at the top of my list right now.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #1025
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I was going to post the exact same thing. Gram has been very quiet and he also camped out. At least Alan told us why he camped out.

I don't know if i find his being quiet right now that suspicious. I'm guessing he doesnt want to become a target from pirates. I was open about what I did because I took the time to ensure that if they got me, they won't benefit from killing me much. If I hadn't done that, I probably would have clammed up too and tried to be forgotten about. I do think it would be helpful though if Gramm starts giving us a little info about his thoughts or what he has seen, or at least something to go on though.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #1026
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

The silence is not good, and he's climbing up mine also. But I do have to say that at least on morning 2 I saw him going north (though he could certainly have doubled back to the SE).
Old 02-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #1027
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know if i find his being quiet right now that suspicious. I'm guessing he doesnt want to become a target from pirates. I was open about what I did because I took the time to ensure that if they got me, they won't benefit from killing me much. If I hadn't done that, I probably would have clammed up too and tried to be forgotten about. I do think it would be helpful though if Gramm starts giving us a little info about his thoughts or what he has seen, or at least something to go on though.

I hear what you're saying, but hell, we ALL don't want to become a target from pirates......but if we don't put that aside and work together to root them out they'll pick us off one by one. It seems that silence is the new strategy right now, but I don't see where that's gonna help us in the long run.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #1028
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but hell, we ALL don't want to become a target from pirates......but if we don't put that aside and work together to root them out they'll pick us off one by one. It seems that silence is the new strategy right now, but I don't see where that's gonna help us in the long run.

No I understand that. Thats why I'm trying to help how I can Of course it is day3, this is usually when I die... soo.....
Old 02-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #1029
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
When I was in D3 (Elle's Emporium), I saw Taz and Vince. I have no idea what that means, but considering that saldana was killed near the bank, all 3 of us could be suspects I guess.

I saw you at D3 but didn't see Vince. Since both of you bought shovels it would be safe for me to assume that Vince was there at some point and I just didn't see him.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #1030
path12
Coordinator

The only reason I can see for the pirates to buy shovels is to try and hire the mercenaries, and with one of their number in jail 125 seems like a big number to hit (especially now that we have a better idea of how hard it is to get a quantity of gold). So for me it bumps my trust in Vince and Schmidty a little bit......but with that out there, the auction tonight wouldn't have the same effect.

Is there something I'm missing as to why pirates might want to buy shovels?
Old 02-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #1031
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I wonder why the Shady is auctioning the shovel for 8 gold when you can buy it at Ellie's for 6 gold?

Could there be a limit to the items? The shovel is not out of stock at Ellie's?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #1032
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

To get you to think they're treasure hunters. I'm not saying that Schmidty or Vince falls under this category though (could be).

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #1033
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only reason I can see for the pirates to buy shovels is to try and hire the mercenaries, and with one of their number in jail 125 seems like a big number to hit (especially now that we have a better idea of how hard it is to get a quantity of gold). So for me it bumps my trust in Vince and Schmidty a little bit......but with that out there, the auction tonight wouldn't have the same effect.

Pirates need money for things too. Buying items to move around easier, buying things for more AP, bailing themselves out of jail, etc. The more times they bail out blade, the more times he has to be re-inprisoned, Its almost like this game needs to be played a different way than any other WW. We might be focusing too much on keeping the bad guys locked up rather than trying to horde up money and find out who we can trust (to give money to in wills, and to form a monopoly with).

I feel that if we had a small circle of trust of 3-4 people, we could have a monopoly formed in 2-3 days easily. We need to figure out how to expand our trust more than just keeping Blade locked up.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #1034
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

To expand on my thought from earlier. I am guessing we had 3 pirates this game (maybe 4, but that would be bad odds for us). So if one is doing the kill, the other one likely is trying to make money. With Blade in jail, I'm guessing we have 1 do the nightly kill and 1 trying to make money each turn.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #1035
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
To get you to think they're treasure hunters. I'm not saying that Schmidty or Vince falls under this category though (could be).

I would definitely agree if they had bought the shovels and then told everyone 'HEY, I got a shovel! See!' But it looks to me as if they were just outed on the purchase by the announcement of the last shovel in stock....
Old 02-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #1036
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
To expand on my thought from earlier. I am guessing we had 3 pirates this game (maybe 4, but that would be bad odds for us). So if one is doing the kill, the other one likely is trying to make money. With Blade in jail, I'm guessing we have 1 do the nightly kill and 1 trying to make money each turn.

I think that there are three pirate roles and therefore three pirates. I don't think there are any plain vanilla pirates or any two cutthroats, scourges, etc.

I do think that there are multiple roles for the treasure hunters though, more than one athlete, investigator, etc. Just a hunch.

Hadn't thought about the pirates needing money for items, etc. That's a good point. I just figured they'd use what they got from the kills.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #1037
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I would definitely agree if they had bought the shovels and then told everyone 'HEY, I got a shovel! See!' But it looks to me as if they were just outed on the purchase by the announcement of the last shovel in stock....

In the rules, certain items purchased are publicly announced.

Quote:
Afternoon Cycle: Blahoop is very hot in the afternoon and so people don’t do much of anything except lie about. During this cycle I will send out results of individual’s Morning cycle and public information, such as the revelation of certain items bought (after all, how are you going to hide a bike in a hut with nothing, but a whole bunch of hammocks?) and who has died, will be posted to the thread. Any player killed will have their role revealed.

If they knew that was in the rules, then they can use the shovels to say, "why would a pirate need a shovel?".

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #1038
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
In the rules, certain items purchased are publicly announced.

If they knew that was in the rules, then they can use the shovels to say, "why would a pirate need a shovel?".

That's a great catch. I had completely missed that.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #1039
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

You're really reaching there, but that's fine.

I bought a shovel because I wanted to get more gold. Simple as that.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #1040
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Alright, so basically it is evening cycle until 8am on Sunday, right? So we are all back in the hut. I do not believe anyone is missing, so no campers this round? Hoops is the only one Shady said is missing. I do not believe that Hoops ever confirmed he received the letter. Why would he not have told us that outright prior to leaving?

A few things, the last time I posted I was on my way out of town for an overnight trip to Atlanta. Unfortunately I did not get to hook up to the net and thought it best prior to leaving to plan on a camp action, since I would be out of pocket for two real world days and one night. I arrived back yesterday afternoon, but could not post as that was the rule advised as a reminder to me via PM by Barkeep. Then watched the Olympics last night and went to work. I read up and have about 3 pages as a gap somewhere around page 14 to catch up yet.

I think some people saw me heading north and therefore away from the kills. That is correct I have been north each turn. I too have found different amounts on the same square. I have not tried to hit a square after receiving zero, so I don’t know if anything replenishes. My guess would be, no it does not. Also of note, I have not received any notice of seeing anyone while out. I think that is very odd as everyone else has seen each other or in Blades case, unidentifiable figures. In Blades case, I think he is full of it on that one and is telling a lie. He must be a pirate and probably saw everyone in that square. In my case other saw me, I would think I would have seen them as well, but I did not. I must be crappy as spotting others.

Can someone help me out, why does everyone think Ardent has a high probability of being a pirate? Did he get outed in some way that I missed trying to catch up on post reading?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #1041
KWhit
Coordinator

Hey look!

Gramm sighting!

Old 02-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #1042
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Can someone help me out, why does everyone think Ardent has a high probability of being a pirate? Did he get outed in some way that I missed trying to catch up on post reading?

I don't remember where it was in the thread, but he posted his move actions and it didn't add up. He claimed that he didn't have fleet of foot, but his moves totaled 6 AP. He claims that Barkeep must have made a mistake and is standing by his original statements. Barkeep hasn't commented on the issue at all.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #1043
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just got back from the career development board. I want those two hours of my life back. What a waste!

Gramm: I apparently crossed a river during the first time out digging. I didn't know I was, but apparently I did. I posted what I sent to barkeep here, and people pointed it out. I still believe it was an error by barkeep, who had made a PM error earlier in the game regarding Raiders Army and pennywisesb.

I got a little ticked off and just about quit the game. I decided to bid on the letter that was offered not for my benefit, but to keep the rest of the treasure hunters from winning the game. Sorry, but it's the truth. Sometimes when I get ticked I no longer try to win, I try to keep you from winning, if that makes sense. I could explain the story behind that another time.

Anyway, the letter turned out to be an appointment as Captain to the blahoopian (?) Navy, but required 10 gold. I gave my gold previously to hoops and gave him the letter. He now has three day cycles out of the game before he returns with sailors he's recruited. In essence, we win.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #1044
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I don't remember where it was in the thread, but he posted his move actions and it didn't add up. He claimed that he didn't have fleet of foot, but his moves totaled 6 AP. He claims that Barkeep must have made a mistake and is standing by his original statements. Barkeep hasn't commented on the issue at all.

What he said.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #1045
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I decided to bid on the letter that was offered not for my benefit, but to keep the rest of the treasure hunters from winning the game. Sorry, but it's the truth. Sometimes when I get ticked I no longer try to win, I try to keep you from winning, if that makes sense. I could explain the story behind that another time.

Anyway, the letter turned out to be an appointment as Captain to the blahoopian (?) Navy, but required 10 gold. I gave my gold previously to hoops and gave him the letter. He now has three day cycles out of the game before he returns with sailors he's recruited. In essence, we win.
Huh????? So you don't want us to win AND you sent our most trusted person out of the game for 3 days.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #1046
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just got back from the career development board. I want those two hours of my life back. What a waste!

Gramm: I apparently crossed a river during the first time out digging. I didn't know I was, but apparently I did. I posted what I sent to barkeep here, and people pointed it out. I still believe it was an error by barkeep, who had made a PM error earlier in the game regarding Raiders Army and pennywisesb.

I got a little ticked off and just about quit the game. I decided to bid on the letter that was offered not for my benefit, but to keep the rest of the treasure hunters from winning the game. Sorry, but it's the truth. Sometimes when I get ticked I no longer try to win, I try to keep you from winning, if that makes sense. I could explain the story behind that another time.

So how do we win with Sailors? Did the letter say we win? The only way for us TH to win is to achieve monopoly. I do not understand how sailors coming to this crap hole of an island makes us TH winners.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #1047
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
So how do we win with Sailors? Did the letter say we win? The only way for us TH to win is to achieve monopoly. I do not understand how sailors coming to this crap hole of an island makes us TH winners.

It's an alternative victory condition. Let me go look it up.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #1048
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I gave my gold previously to hoops and gave him the letter.

When did you do that?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #1049
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
When did you do that?

I mean, when did you give him your gold?
Old 02-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #1050
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It states upon return to the island the treasure hunters win. It doesn't state how the sailors wipe out the pirates or anything along those lines.

Actually, it's not even the letter. That part is outside of the letter, but in the PM from barkeep. Upon return to the island with the recruited sailors, we win.