Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #1001
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ha, I was just about to say the same thing, CW.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #1002
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Hell, I originally thought (and it's still not a half bad idea) for em to come forward, one time use or not. We're WAY ahead. However, the potential for a fake reveal concerns the hell out of me.

A fair point. So, if the witness was superman, schmidty, or dacman, please come forward, by all means - you three are, to me, cleared beyond any doubt.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #1003
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
What's your take on who to look at, then?
I don't have any particular ideas beyond the pool of voters for WVUFan (which, as I've noted before, prominently includes me).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #1004
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Wasn't me.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #1005
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
VOTE JEEBERD

Twice voted for known humans, and has been incredibly quiet.

Yeah, I knew my two bad votes would cast some suspicion on me. However, I voted for Blade out of tradition (it's been his job to die first for years now) and I voted for WVUFan because he hadn't said jack shit all thread long. I voted for him before the bandwagon started (I think I was the second person to vote for him), so it's not like I jumped on the bandwagon to save a Death Eater...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #1006
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Although, considering it'd wind up being a 1 for 1...that might not be a problem either.

At this point in the lead I think we have to take any 1 for 1s, we have a huge lead.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #1007
path12
Coordinator

First off, I'm not going to role reveal this game, so take that as you may.

I live in the western part of the village. Yesterday was a typical dark, gray, rainy depressing January day in this area. I was faced with a mountainous stack of work from my job as an analyst for the leading magic supply store. As I shuffled through endless spreadsheets detailing sales of herbs and potions I tried to pop in from time to time in order to keep abreast of the conversation and felt I had a decent handle on it by the time I left work four hours before the deadline.

Traffic sucked, and I got home about a half hour later than usual. Had to go to the gym, by the time I got back and had a bite to eat it was about an hour before the deadline. Talked with my lovely girlfriend for about 45 minutes and got back to the discussion with about 15 minutes to go. There were four pages to go through. So I send the quick message asking for the vote total, because I thought that the bandwagon started on SnDvls really kind of randomly, and had enough faith in what Blade had said to make a tie seem like a decent idea. I scan, VERY quickly the first page or two and have to make a vote. So I go for the tie.

THAT, my friends, is a day in the life of a simple wizard. Do what you will.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #1008
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
At this point in the lead I think we have to take any 1 for 1s, we have a huge lead.

Don't have to convince me. I agree. Now where's our invisibility cloaker.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #1009
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unvote MrWednesday

Still don't trust ya, but I want believe you.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #1010
JeeberD
General Manager

Mr Wednesday and path both look VERY supicious, but you would have to think that only a fool of a DE would jump in at the last minute to sway the vote. The person that kind of has my suspicions raised is dubb93. Just the way he flip-flopped left and right makes me wonder what his real motives were. So with that being said...

Vote dubb93

Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #1011
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Still have like 5-7 people I think are highly suspicious to me right now. I might change my vote later depending on who comes out about that invisibility cloak later. Right now though I think Jeeber has not voted well day 1 or day 2, and so far on Day 3 seems to be starting a vote on someone that isn't necessarily as far on people's short list any more.

I'll hop on with St. Cronin right now and
VOTE JeeberD
Old 01-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #1012
st.cronin
General Manager

dubb's voting activity more or less clears him, imo. He was one of the last people to vote for SnDvls.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #1013
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dubb's voting activity more or less clears him, imo. He was one of the last people to vote for SnDvls.

Yes, in my opinion it was dubb's change that actually prompted the late votes on Wvufan
Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #1014
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My circle of trust is

Superman
Schmidty
dacman
dubb

My suspects are Jeeber and Lathum.

VOTE LATHUM
and perhaps king
Cronin, can you give some reasons to why each is trusted or leaning good?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #1015
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus

Superman, at least, was the key in lynching SnDvls with his in-at-the-bell unvote/vote. No way does a wolf do that.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #1016
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Im not croning, but I would say superman is pretty close to fully trusted. He lynched Sndvls, which I doubt any DE would do.

Dubb almost did the same thing if I recall right, however he did spur the late votes for Mr. Wednesday and Path to jump in, which doesn't clear him but I think helps make him a little more trusted.

No idea what he feels about schmidty or Dacman
Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #1017
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
As I said yesterday I'm not fan of Wednesday after the crap he pulled yesterday, but I fear a runaway bandwagon if I jump on at this point so I'll take another suspect...

VOTE PATH12

This pretty much says what I think as well. A runaway bandwagon is not going to give us as much. I want to hear what Path has to say

VOTE PATH12
Old 01-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #1018
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Im not croning, but I would say superman is pretty close to fully trusted. He lynched Sndvls, which I doubt any DE would do.

Dubb almost did the same thing if I recall right, however he did spur the late votes for Mr. Wednesday and Path to jump in, which doesn't clear him but I think helps make him a little more trusted.

No idea what he feels about schmidty or Dacman
Sorry, I did not mean to call you Cronin, it was a mistype

Never mind, that was correct, It was Cronin's post.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 01-11-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #1019
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

SnDvls voted for Superman yesterday. To me, that makes Superman a good wizard.

Schmidty and dubb cast late votes for SnDvls. If we assume that WVUFan is a good wizard (which we actually don't know to be true) then they are cleared.

Dacman cast the second vote on SnDvls, which put pressure on him to defend himself.

King cast the third vote on SnDvls.

dac, king and superman = high level of trust
schmidty and dubb = somewhat high level of trust

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #1020
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Still have like 5-7 people I think are highly suspicious to me right now. I might change my vote later depending on who comes out about that invisibility cloak later. Right now though I think Jeeber has not voted well day 1 or day 2, and so far on Day 3 seems to be starting a vote on someone that isn't necessarily as far on people's short list any more.

I'll hop on with St. Cronin right now and
VOTE JeeberD

How did I not vote well either day? I voted for Blade for the same reason everyone else voted for who they did until Neon came out with his reveal, and by the time Neon revealed what he knew I was out to eat at the Indian restaurant and then went to register (at Bed Bath and Beyond if, ya know, you wanna check out their on-line registry ) for the wedding. By the time I got home it was time for bed. I voted for WVUFan the second day because he had been completely silent, hadn't said a damn word. And as soon as I signed off for work, he posted a minute later (http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&page=12&pp=50). Talk about bad luck on my part. And once again, I was at work when SunDvls tried to pull his bullshit with the fake talent. I would have seen right through that if I had been on-line, but I was at work. I didn't get home until late and then spent some quality time with the little lady before going to bed. The first chance I had to check in was this morning around 9am Central.

And you know what? I won't be on-line after 430 today. UTEP is playing at SMU tonight and I'll be attending the game. So if there are any more late reveals I won't be able to react to them. Again.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #1021
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Right now 1/4th way I have vote totals as:

Mr.wednesday (3)
Path (2)
Jeeber (2)
Dubb (1)
Old 01-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #1022
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
How did I not vote well either day? I voted for Blade for the same reason everyone else voted for who they did until Neon came out with his reveal, and by the time Neon revealed what he knew I was out to eat at the Indian restaurant and then went to register (at Bed Bath and Beyond if, ya know, you wanna check out their on-line registry ) for the wedding. By the time I got home it was time for bed. I voted for WVUFan the second day because he had been completely silent, hadn't said a damn word. And as soon as I signed off for work, he posted a minute later (http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&page=12&pp=50). Talk about bad luck on my part. And once again, I was at work when SunDvls tried to pull his bullshit with the fake talent. I would have seen right through that if I had been on-line, but I was at work. I didn't get home until late and then spent some quality time with the little lady before going to bed. The first chance I had to check in was this morning around 9am Central.

And you know what? I won't be on-line after 430 today. UTEP is playing at SMU tonight and I'll be attending the game. So if there are any more late reveals I won't be able to react to them. Again.

I had a handful of people who I felt voted poorly both days (I actually am in that group too). I was waiting to see how some voted before I threw a vote out at one of them to see if one voted what I felt poorly for a third day. I put my vote on you because I don't think your votes were good (whatever the reasons were) in hindsight the previous two days, and now on day 3 instead of tightening the noose on one of the people in the smaller group that look highly suspicious, you seemed to go out of the circle after someone who seems to have gained a little trust at least.

In all honesty, I probably would have been more ok with you voting for me for day 3 than for one of the people on the "some trust" list.

My vote isnt set in stone, Im looking for reasons to lynch people on my short list, and like I said before I might change depending on what happens with the invisible cloak person, but your vote today puzzles me somewhat.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #1023
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is it standard fare for a tie breaker role to exist on the bad guys side too? In the elementals game, when a soldier broke the tie or that role came up, everyone pretty much accepted it as a sign of being good. I was not so sure why that was a sign of good at the time, but as the game went along, I took away this was generally a good guy only role. Plus, in thinking through balance logic, it does not seem right to let the bad guys have a tie breaker for a lynch.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #1024
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it standard fare for a tie breaker role to exist on the bad guys side too? In the elementals game, when a soldier broke the tie or that role came up, everyone pretty much accepted it as a sign of being good. I was not so sure why that was a sign of good at the time, but as the game went along, I took away this was generally a good guy only role. Plus, in thinking through balance logic, it does not seem right to let the bad guys have a tie breaker for a lynch.

Thats what I was assuming too, and Blade felt very strongly about that. Someone (I think Dacman) posted something earlier that made me start doubting it. Up till now I had assumed tiebreaker = good
Old 01-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #1025
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I don't believe I've seen a game where the bad guys could break a tie, but it's possible. It would definitely be a major advantage for the deatheaters.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #1026
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Normally tie-breakers are good, but in a game this large, I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of a bad tie-breaker.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #1027
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm holding out the hope that our invisibility cloak person reveals himself as soon as they can, assuming they did indeed spot a death eater. There's absolutely no reason why a 1 for 1 doesn't benefit us.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #1028
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This pretty much says what I think as well. A runaway bandwagon is not going to give us as much. I want to hear what Path has to say

VOTE PATH12

#1007.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #1029
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I had a handful of people who I felt voted poorly both days (I actually am in that group too). I was waiting to see how some voted before I threw a vote out at one of them to see if one voted what I felt poorly for a third day. I put my vote on you because I don't think your votes were good (whatever the reasons were) in hindsight the previous two days, and now on day 3 instead of tightening the noose on one of the people in the smaller group that look highly suspicious, you seemed to go out of the circle after someone who seems to have gained a little trust at least.

In all honesty, I probably would have been more ok with you voting for me for day 3 than for one of the people on the "some trust" list.

My vote isnt set in stone, Im looking for reasons to lynch people on my short list, and like I said before I might change depending on what happens with the invisible cloak person, but your vote today puzzles me somewhat.

I guess I just don't see how dubb is on the "some trust" list. His constant flip-flopping seems like someone who was just trying to straddle the fence so he wouldn't be noticed one way or the other. When SnDvls got lynched, well, he can say he voted for him. But if WVU had gotten lynched it would have been best for him (if he's a DE) and SnDvls plan would have come to fruition. And I'm still not certain why he was so adamant about wanting a tie...

Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #1030
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I guess I just don't see how dubb is on the "some trust" list. His constant flip-flopping seems like someone who was just trying to straddle the fence so he wouldn't be noticed one way or the other. When SnDvls got lynched, well, he can say he voted for him. But if WVU had gotten lynched it would have been best for him (if he's a DE) and SnDvls plan would have come to fruition. And I'm still not certain why he was so adamant about wanting a tie...

, that is all this post warrants.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #1031
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is there anything in the HP world that would allow a deatheater to be protected from a viewing? I know someone indicated they thought assassination and that would generally mean no viewing. My problem with that is an assassination took place on Blade and I cannot see that happening again. Unless a good player did it and that just would not make sense.

It makes more sense that a good wizard witnessed and should come forward at some point or the DE was protected from a viewing, in which case a good wizard who tried to watch should still come forward and tell us what they know.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #1032
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
, that is all this post warrants.

agreed

The only way dubb is not to be trusted is if it turns out that WVUFan is, in fact, a death-eater. Otherwise, his vote clears him imo.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #1033
JeeberD
General Manager

I guess this is just my WW inexperince showing through, I don't know. I do know that I made at least one mistake, though. I thought that dubb changed his vote from WVU to SnDvl when SnDvl was already up one vote, but after reading post 748 it looks like he wound up breaking the tie. So for the time being, at least...

Unvote dubb93

We'll see what the landscape looks like when I get back from lunch.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #1034
Schmidty
Coordinator

Holy freaking crap. I just woke up, and it looks like I have 4 pages to read. Ugh.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #1035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Is there anything in the HP world that would allow a deatheater to be protected from a viewing? I know someone indicated they thought assassination and that would generally mean no viewing. My problem with that is an assassination took place on Blade and I cannot see that happening again. Unless a good player did it and that just would not make sense.

It makes more sense that a good wizard witnessed and should come forward at some point or the DE was protected from a viewing, in which case a good wizard who tried to watch should still come forward and tell us what they know.
I have read all the books several times and to my knowledge there isn't anything to prevent that. The only problem is death eaters traditionaly wear masks to hide their faces, so unless the person who was wearing the cloak recognized the voice that cast the spell we may be SOL.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #1036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-

Somehow my name has come up in suspicion by CODER and St. CRONIN ( who has since unvoted me)

If anyone should be in a circle of trust it should be me! I called out sndvls about his bullshit spell long before anyone else did. See posts:

If these don't clear me of any wrongdoinings i don't know what will. Usually I wouldn't even point this out at this point but I know how quickly a mob can start and I have to go to work soon.

I am now keeping my eyes on coder and st.cronin.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #1037
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dola-

Somehow my name has come up in suspicion by CODER and St. CRONIN ( who has since unvoted me)

If anyone should be in a circle of trust it should be me! I called out sndvls about his bullshit spell long before anyone else did. See posts:

If these don't clear me of any wrongdoinings i don't know what will. Usually I wouldn't even point this out at this point but I know how quickly a mob can start and I have to go to work soon.

I am now keeping my eyes on coder and st.cronin.

Well, Neon cleared me. I've just been focusing on votes, not rationales, and I voted for you initially on a mistake. You're not on my radar.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #1038
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, Neon cleared me. I've just been focusing on votes, not rationales, and I voted for you initially on a mistake. You're not on my radar.
fair enough, remove st. cronin.

coder?
Old 01-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #1039
kingfc22
Head Coach

I don't have any strong feeling towards Mr. W today like I did SnDvls yesterday. Right now I'm leaning towards AE. Both days his votes have been out of place.

Day 1 - Blade then Neon (both humans)
Day 2 - CW then WVUfan
Old 01-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #1040
kingfc22
Head Coach

Might as well make it official and put some pressure on him.

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST
Old 01-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #1041
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I don't have any strong feeling towards Mr. W today like I did SnDvls yesterday. Right now I'm leaning towards AE. Both days his votes have been out of place.

Day 1 - Blade then Neon (both humans)
Day 2 - CW then WVUfan

To be fair, I don't think he was online after Neo's reveal on day 1. He is on my radar, though. He's been one of the worst voters, easily.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #1042
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I call BS, king. First of all, read the situations.

My vote was FOR schmidty, just as I normally do, and then switched to Neon, before his reveal. I wasn't able to get back on a computer until after he revealed his role and the day vote was over.

CW to WVU, well, like others, I believed Sndvls. Near the end, I didn't quite understand what Neon was talking about...but Neon made it crystal clear that sndvls was lieing. I thought about moving my vote near the end, but instead of being a bandwagoner, I thought Sndvls was done for.

How was I to know two votes for WVU and one more for Sndvls would materialize? Heck, I wasn't even in at that point, I was on my way home. I didn't come across this knowledge until this morning.

Read up, king.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #1043
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
To be fair, I don't think he was online after Neo's reveal on day 1. He is on my radar, though. He's been one of the worst voters, easily.
Thanks, sort of.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #1044
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gahh, it pisses me off that king doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #1045
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Thanks, sort of.

You're welcome!

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #1046
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Gahh, it pisses me off that king doesn't know what he's talking about.

Turn that frown upside down!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #1047
Desnudo
Coordinator

Could someone please rehash the argument against MrW? I've read some of the jibber-jabber, but I'm not clear on where the initial suspicion came from?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #1048
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Could someone please rehash the argument against MrW? I've read some of the jibber-jabber, but I'm not clear on where the initial suspicion came from?

Mr. Wednesday, Path12, and KWhit cast late votes against WVUFan, potentially saving SnDvls neck from the noose.

knives out
Old 01-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #1049
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

How about the fact that he tied up the vote by voting away from the DE with just a couple minutes before the deadline. It is compounded by the fact that Sun would have been clean on a seer scan, so we can assume the DE's may have taken some risks yesterday with that in mind.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #1050
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Might as well make it official and put some pressure on him.

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST

Ardent is a good player. I think a player's skill level has to come into discussion at some point. It is too early to take a chance on a good player when we have several obvious suspects at this point. That is my take on the situation at the moment.