Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #1001
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
That is a very good question. I'm not sure where that suggestion came from.

I also think part of this was a way to help him ID his faction members too as there seemed to be a lot of confusion on messages ect.
Since everyone in a faction knows the leader, but not anyone else it was to help clarify so info.
Just my thought on it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #1002
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Ok I am confused. In one of Blade's posts he mentioned that his faction leader told him to free Qwik and vote for Grey. Did he get such a post from somewhere (obviously not a faction leader as he was one) or was it a way to get us to act on his suspicions.

I think it's pretty clear Blade was being sneaky ins ome way, and not telling the truth about some things. I thought that from the second I saw he had been killed.

The point is, is there a role for that among nobles? Some reason? Maybe it was to help his faction? And remember how much he complained about not getting messages from his faction leader, and how he didn't who know who his faction members were? While I think the second is true (I don't think FLs know right away who is in their faction), basically the first was an out and out lie that he promoted for a couple days.

So was Blade playing some kind of noble role? Or was he trying to set up himself as king? Or was he just being sneaky, sly Blade because he can't pull himself out of that mode when he happens to be good?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #1003
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok I am confused. In one of Blade's posts he mentioned that his faction leader told him to free Qwik and vote for Grey. Did he get such a post from somewhere (obviously not a faction leader as he was one) or was it a way to get us to act on his suspicions.

I think it's transparently obvious that he was making it up. Part of that is playing at being rank and file, rather than the leader, but I'm not entirely sure of what game he was playing from the point of view of grand strategy.

It's a little early yet to be playing faction games... he may just have been playing a (spectacularly wrong) hunch about who is and is not an assassin.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #1004
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote jail king

this is where I was yesterday so I'll go back this way.
I don't have him linked to anyone so it makes me wonder
about him.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #1005
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
vote jail king

this is where I was yesterday so I'll go back this way.
I don't have him linked to anyone so it makes me wonder
about him.

I was wondering about him as well, but he voted to free Bullet and to execute Qwik. Considering his missed the first vote, he voted 2 "right" votes out of 3. That seems like a little much if he is bad.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #1006
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Mr. W, you are linked with cronin (even if you're not sure about him), and he has more or less come out and vouched for rgey. Do you have an opinion on grey?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #1007
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was wondering about him as well, but he voted to free Bullet and to execute Qwik. Considering his missed the first vote, he voted 2 "right" votes out of 3. That seems like a little much if he is bad.

When did he vote, though? Both of those votes were foregone conclusions at some point well before deadline.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #1008
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Mr. W, you are linked with cronin (even if you're not sure about him), and he has more or less come out and vouched for rgey. Do you have an opinion on grey?

I have nothing I care to add on top of my voting record.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #1009
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
When did he vote, though? Both of those votes were foregone conclusions at some point well before deadline.

True, but unlike other games, there are still point totals to worry about. He could have voted somewhere else to save the points since the results were already decided. I could see one "wrong" (for him) vote just to look good, but two?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #1010
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I have nothing I care to add on top of my voting record.

So you won't vouch for him?

Good enough for me.

VOTE JAIL GREYROOFOO

Old 09-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #1011
Fouts
College Starter

Alright, I'm caught up now.

This message is to my faction leader - I received no message last night, our communications may have been intercepted.

Blade was not my faction leader. I'm not sure if he was trying to pass a message about how to vote, or a (converted) member of his faction was pushing to free qwik, and he wouldn't follow.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #1012
Fouts
College Starter

People I don't have grouped with others - Lathum, WVU, NTN, Grey.

I'm also suspect of st. cronin's faction. Something doesn't sit right. They all used the word strange (which I thought to be an indicator), but then cronin asked for people to use the first letter of the first message, and DC came back with a message that did not contain an S. So I'm not sure I trust that faction.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #1013
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post

This message is to my faction leader - I received no message last night, our communications may have been intercepted.

Blade was not my faction leader. I'm not sure if he was trying to pass a message about how to vote, or a (converted) member of his faction was pushing to free qwik, and he wouldn't follow.

That whole intercepted thing is something I have been wondering about. The rules seem to indicate that assassins can "eavesdrop", but not stop the message.

If you did not receive a message from your leader and he was not Blade, it's possible something else happened (perhaps even he didn't have anything to say).

Barkeep, do I have that right? If the assassins can hear a message, does that necessarily mean it isn't still delivered?

Old 09-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #1014
Fouts
College Starter

Alright, going to get my vote in and see what happens.

vote free LSG

vote jail NTN
Old 09-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #1015
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Is this the first time that has happened to you?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #1016
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
That whole intercepted thing is something I have been wondering about. The rules seem to indicate that assassins can "eavesdrop", but not stop the message.

If you did not receive a message from your leader and he was not Blade, it's possible something else happened (perhaps even he didn't have anything to say).

Barkeep, do I have that right? If the assassins can hear a message, does that necessarily mean it isn't still delivered?

You might be right. It is possible my leader didn't send anything, but BK said that those that started as Leaders are not fast talking nobles. So I don't think he is converted.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #1017
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Is this the first time that has happened to you?

Yes, normally my messages were very intricate.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #1018
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, normally my messages were very intricate.

And this time you got no message at all?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #1019
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
And this time you got no message at all?

No, I got a message that there was no message.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #1020
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
The rest of us are going to have to step up and shoulder the load.

I should have some free time tonight to work up some scenarios now that we know Blade was a leader. I'm on lunch right now and will only be on for another 20 minutes or so.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #1021
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm also suspect of st. cronin's faction. Something doesn't sit right. They all used the word strange (which I thought to be an indicator), but then cronin asked for people to use the first letter of the first message, and DC came back with a message that did not contain an S. So I'm not sure I trust that faction.

There was actually more to it than just the word strange. And DC's reply to st.c confused me mightily... not to mention, she's now gone completely AWOL and notwithstanding Schmidty's supposed appearance today (or was it after today?) that position remains unfilled.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #1022
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm curious, who do you have RealDeal grouped with? SnDvls has now aligned with LSG, very obviously.

One thing that Blade did that was actually pretty sharp was to go front and center, and not try to blend into the background like we might expect a faction leader to do.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #1023
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm making this a separate post because it's separate from my previous thoughts. I'm a bit concerned: so far, there's been not hide nor nair of greyroofoo since midway through yesterday -- including a no jail vote when he was on the block for going to jail. Is he still with us, or do we need yet another replacement?

Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #1024
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That is odd because I got the same thing and I know you aren't in my faction.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #1025
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola,

Blade was not my leader either.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #1026
kingfc22
Head Coach

I know that at least 2 people should be able to vouch for me, but I will not ask them to at this time.

Vote No Execute

LSG is not on my team and why would I want to free her so that she can earn points for her faction. I would hope other factions would do the same if they want to get ahead in crowning their leader as king. Just my opinion on what kind of strategy we should go forward with.

Jail WVUFAN

He has been all over the place with his votes and if it is going to be between him or me, then I rather it would be him.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #1027
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm curious, who do you have RealDeal grouped with? SnDvls has now aligned with LSG, very obviously.

One thing that Blade did that was actually pretty sharp was to go front and center, and not try to blend into the background like we might expect a faction leader to do.

I'm not sure how sharp that was since it got him killed. I do have RealDeal aligned with a faction.

Does anyone have Lathum, WVU, NTN, or Grey aligned with a faction?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #1028
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
That is odd because I got the same thing and I know you aren't in my faction.

Did any faction get a message last night?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #1029
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
LSG is not on my team and why would I want to free her so that she can earn points for her faction. I would hope other factions would do the same if they want to get ahead in crowning their leader as king. Just my opinion on what kind of strategy we should go forward with.

Good point. I know her faction earned a lot of points yesterday.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #1030
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well, I have to get back to work now.

Let's nab another one!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #1031
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thanks for the Vouch SnDVLs. I was hoping you or the other person would stand up for me. Since I can't vote tonight I dont know how often I'll be checking in until late.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #1032
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Oh and I couldn't find the thread that mentioned it, but what was said about a Sister Faction? What does that mean?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #1033
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Oh and I couldn't find the thread that mentioned it, but what was said about a Sister Faction? What does that mean?

There have been some mentions of tolerated factions, but I haven't a clue where this fits into the game.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #1034
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Basing this off of hoops' suspicions, because hoops was good.

Clear for now: BrianD, Blade, Cronin, MrW, Bulletsponge, Fouts, Dodgerchick

I am clearing myself, of course, and the members of my faction.

I have reasonable trust in LSG, Anxiety, SnDvls, Lathum

I agree with everyone in this list, except Lathum. Can you point out a post that clears Lathum?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #1035
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I
Jail WVUFAN

He has been all over the place with his votes and if it is going to be between him or me, then I rather it would be him.

I've only voted twice, so I'm not sure if you would call that "all over the place". But, hey, whatever floats your vote.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #1036
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with everyone in this list, except Lathum. Can you point out a post that clears Lathum?

Just a gut call, based on how he is posting and some of the insights he has provided on points. I don't think assassins would be wanting to help us discern info from the points.

But, as I said, he is on a loose rope with me. I have a hunch but nothing more, and it wouldn't take a big negative action/implication to remove that benefit with me.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #1037
SnDvls
Pro Starter

BK- I'm okay with the schedule too
Old 09-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #1038
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
There have been some mentions of tolerated factions, but I haven't a clue where this fits into the game.
I think the main point of it is to put a check on us cooperating too much on points, fellow faction members, leaders.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #1039
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I may not be back before the deadline tonight. I'm satisfied with my votes as they stand right now, but if something comes up, I may not be able to change them.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #1040
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I recieved the same message.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #1041
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think it's transparently obvious that he was making it up. Part of that is playing at being rank and file, rather than the leader, but I'm not entirely sure of what game he was playing from the point of view of grand strategy.

It's a little early yet to be playing faction games... he may just have been playing a (spectacularly wrong) hunch about who is and is not an assassin.

I strongly disagree with this. I would bet my house that some people have been playing faction games since Day 1. Including, probably, my own faction.

knives out
Old 09-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #1042
st.cronin
General Manager

dola dola

Anybody have a vote count?

knives out
Old 09-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #1043
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
dola dola

Anybody have a vote count?

I do but Idont have the post #s for it
Free Lonestar: cronin, SnDvls, ntn,bullet,Anxiety,Chief, BrianD, Fouts

No Execute: Mr. Wed., Lathum, Real, King

Execute: WVU

And For Jailing---
King: Lathum, Real, SnDvls
NTN:Mr. Wed, Fouts
WVU:Brian, King
Anxiety: Cronin
Lathum: WVU
Grey: Chief

and that is all the votes I saw.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #1044
WVUFAN
College Starter

When is the voting deadline tonight?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #1045
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think it is at 9:30 eastern time
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:30 PM   #1046
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yup two hours.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #1047
Fouts
College Starter

Pretty quiet today. Nobody is vouching for anyone on the block, so I guess everyone is happy with where we stand.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #1048
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I do but Idont have the post #s for it
Free Lonestar: cronin, SnDvls, ntn,bullet,Anxiety,Chief, BrianD, Fouts

No Execute: Mr. Wed., Lathum, Real, King

Execute: WVU

And For Jailing---
King: Lathum, Real, SnDvls
NTN:Mr. Wed, Fouts
WVU:Brian, King
Anxiety: Cronin
Lathum: WVU
Grey: Chief

and that is all the votes I saw.
This vote count is correct. Just would add that for the execution we have no votes from:
Greyroofoo & Schmdity

For Jail we have no votes from:
Anxiety, Bullet, Grey, ntn, and Schmidty
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #1049
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm here, and will do my best to make a semi-informed decision.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #1050
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i voted to free whatsherface. can i vote to jail someone at tyhe same time?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote