Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
#1000 post

That was 1001 foo!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #1003
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, yeah Voo, but it is still VERY annoying considering how clunky the interface still is. I'd like to click click and be done within a few seconds, but it takes at least 10 seconds.

I'm starting to get frustrated with the fumbling. I didn't have the problem in the first season so much; or at least until the end of the season. I'm fumbling A LOT now. I play as the Badgers and have very good players but I fumble 3-5 times a game. The worst was when I was practically in the endzone and a tackler caught me from the side and ripped out the ball..... that was in the 4th quarter down by 7 to tOSU at their house. We lose cuz of that. Regardless, I'm starting to feel the stupidness of all the fumbling and its frustrating.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #1004
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I think its actually better to go somewhere that you don't start. As you practice and leapfrog over people, you gain ratings. I've started two different careers, one at Georgia Tech as the 5th string back, and one at North Carolina as the starter. In both I started with a 78 overall rating. But working my way up from 5th to 1st, I was the starter after th e 6th game or so of my freshman year, and at the start of my sophomore year my ratings had jumped to 91. Starting at UNC i don't get any big bumps from practice, and my ratings are only up to an 86 overall late in my Junior season.

I quit my Ga Tech career, but I might go back and play another one after this one is completed where I start as a 5th stringer and work my way up, I want to get on a good team and get my ratings into the upper 90s(hopefully) by my senior year and try to just put up ridiculous numbers.

I've noticed this as well. I think if you want to gain the most ratings you need to go somewhere with a highly rated player. So if you want to be a maxed out back, goto Arkansas, quarterback, goto USC because once you're at the top of the depth chart, you gain ratings alot slower.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #1005
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I decided to mess around and lowered knockdowns to 0 and rise interceptions to 100. Because I wanted to see if the cpu would stop throwing INTs.
In one game with Michigan vs Texas(I was Michigan). Their was not one int thrown with 5 min quarters on varsity level. Usally the cpu was throwing two a game with knockdowns turned up to 100 and Ints lowered to 0. I also raised the cpu to 90 qb accurarcy.

Here was the line
Texas QB 13-17 174yds 1 td 0 ints
Michgan QB 13-22 174 yds 2 tds 0 ints

I know it was only one game but if anyone else wants to test it out more I would like to know how it would turn out.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #1006
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

btw Supersim mode sucks.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #1007
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The more and more I play this game the more and more I dislike it. Damn it, I really thought this would be a long time playing game...

Do they ever release patches for the 360 to fix obvious flaws within the game?

The computer NEVER kicks a field goal when there is a few seconds left in the half and its not fourth down. NEEEVER.

Supersim has so many things wrong with it, its not even funny. Its just there so people can sim through their game real fast with no accuracy whatsoever to anything. You are by far better off just simming your games normally or playing out the game. I expected this feature to suck, so I'm not really that peeved about it.

The fumbling, the interceptions(even with 20 awareness for D along with 0 INT 100 knockdown... WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUMBLING SLIDER!).

That's enough ranting though.

Does anybody want this game? I will sell it for $55(OBO I guess) including shipping. Shoot me a PM if so. This is for the 360 version.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #1008
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel View Post
I decided to mess around and lowered knockdowns to 0 and rise interceptions to 100. Because I wanted to see if the cpu would stop throwing INTs.
In one game with Michigan vs Texas(I was Michigan). Their was not one int thrown with 5 min quarters on varsity level. Usally the cpu was throwing two a game with knockdowns turned up to 100 and Ints lowered to 0. I also raised the cpu to 90 qb accurarcy.

Here was the line
Texas QB 13-17 174yds 1 td 0 ints
Michgan QB 13-22 174 yds 2 tds 0 ints

I know it was only one game but if anyone else wants to test it out more I would like to know how it would turn out.

Interesting. I've read the theory that the knockdown and interception sliders are backwards and that one game would support that, but I'm getting such good games with Defensive Awareness at 25 that I haven't had time to test that theory.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:52 PM   #1009
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
The more and more I play this game the more and more I dislike it. Damn it, I really thought this would be a long time playing game...

Do they ever release patches for the 360 to fix obvious flaws within the game?

The computer NEVER kicks a field goal when there is a few seconds left in the half and its not fourth down. NEEEVER.

Supersim has so many things wrong with it, its not even funny. Its just there so people can sim through their game real fast with no accuracy whatsoever to anything. You are by far better off just simming your games normally or playing out the game. I expected this feature to suck, so I'm not really that peeved about it.

The fumbling, the interceptions(even with 20 awareness for D along with 0 INT 100 knockdown... WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUMBLING SLIDER!).

That's enough ranting though.

Does anybody want this game? I will sell it for $55(OBO I guess) including shipping. Shoot me a PM if so. This is for the 360 version.

Yes, they release patches to fix 360 games and the rumor is that one is being worked on for NCAA. But, in the past EA has taken a long time to patch their games on the 360 and PS3. Who knows how soon it will be out or what it will fix.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #1010
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I almost NEVER fumble as OU, but the other teams seem to have a talent for it.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #1011
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Interesting. I've read the theory that the knockdown and interception sliders are backwards and that one game would support that, but I'm getting such good games with Defensive Awareness at 25 that I haven't had time to test that theory.

Shouldn't there be some direction from EA on this....I have the Sliders at 0 INT 100 Knockdown and just threw 4.........Maybe I will give this a shot.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 AM   #1012
Icy
Pro Starter

Damn i was expecting the game to come today from the Canadian shop where i bought it but the mailman just came and had nothing for me. To read all the impression threads here and at OS without being able to play it is killing my nerves.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1013
Radii
Head Coach

I'm having a weird issue. Virtually every time I start up the 360 for the day, the first game i play freezes, almost always before the first play is complete, either when its showing the stadium, or during the coin toss, or during the first play itself. I'd say this is happening more than 80% of the time that I turn on the 360 for the first time after its been off for quite some time.

After that, i turn off the 360, turn it back on, and play to my hearts content. i've played 8 or 9 games in one sitting in Campus legend mode without any issues at all after this first freeze...

anyone seen anything similar to that at all? Its not killing me b/c I can play fine and without interruption, but its worrying me a bit as far as online play goes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #1014
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Check out this sliders I'm using, they're getting me great results.

360 version

Varsity
9 minutes

Hum/Cpu
Qba 40/50
PB 45/95
WRC 5/0
RBA 40/70
RBL 45/65

AW 5/95
KN 95/9
INT 5/5
BB 0/100
TCK 30/100

FBP 15/15
FGA 5/45
PP 35/40
PA 5/45
KP 45/70

The fumble problem is all but gone on Varsity and the picks I've thrown were because of bad choices. Try them out and tell me what you think..
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #1015
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'm having a weird issue. Virtually every time I start up the 360 for the day, the first game i play freezes, almost always before the first play is complete, either when its showing the stadium, or during the coin toss, or during the first play itself. I'd say this is happening more than 80% of the time that I turn on the 360 for the first time after its been off for quite some time.

After that, i turn off the 360, turn it back on, and play to my hearts content. i've played 8 or 9 games in one sitting in Campus legend mode without any issues at all after this first freeze...

anyone seen anything similar to that at all? Its not killing me b/c I can play fine and without interruption, but its worrying me a bit as far as online play goes.

After I first got the game I had probably 2 freezes in my first 10 games. Then I read a tip that it is ideal to have the 360 boot to the dashboard with nothing in the dashboard. Since I started doing that I have not had any freezes in the game. That has just been my experience - could be completely random though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #1016
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
After I first got the game I had probably 2 freezes in my first 10 games. Then I read a tip that it is ideal to have the 360 boot to the dashboard with nothing in the dashboard. Since I started doing that I have not had any freezes in the game. That has just been my experience - could be completely random though.

I'll give that a try, thanks!
Old 08-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #1017
Ironhead
College Prospect

Oops Radii - that was supposed to read "it is ideal for the 360 to boot to the dashboard with nothing in the cd drive". Whenever I am done playing the game I eject the cd and then turn off the system.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #1018
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
GRRR....

Just finished the regular season undefeated with my Horns, but didn't get to the BCS championship game due to USC and Florida also running the table. I'm going to have to settle for a matchup against WVU in the (I think) Sugar Bowl.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #1019
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Oops Radii - that was supposed to read "it is ideal for the 360 to boot to the dashboard with nothing in the cd drive". Whenever I am done playing the game I eject the cd and then turn off the system.

yeah, i figured that's what you meant I was not aware of that.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #1020
Radii
Head Coach

Well, I finished my first campus legend career, a running back at North Carolina, I was the starter from day 1, so no training boosts before I got the rock. We went to bowl games my last two years, beating Louisville in the Meineke Car Care Bowl my junior year, and getting crushed by LSU in the Peach Bowl my senior year, though I had a great 78 yard TD run vs LSU in my last college game.

FR - 249 rushes, 1063 yards, 7 TDs -- 53 rec, 563 yards, 4 rec TD
SO - 268 rushes, 1523 yards, 14 TDs -- 69 rec, 894 yards, 6 rec TD
JR - 274 rushes, 1333 yards, 14 TDs -- 55 rec, 684 yards, 4 rec TD
SR - 350 rushes, 2079 yards, 20 TDs -- 39 rec, 444 yards, 2 rec TD

CAREER:

1141 rushes
5998 yards (5.2 ypc)
55 rushing TDs

216 receptions
2585 yards
16 receiving TDs

I won the Doak Walker award for RBs my senior year. I never challenged for the heisman, I get a feeling its real hard to do that at UNC.

I held school records for rushing TDs in a career and in a season, rushing yards for a career and a season, career receiving yards, and career receptions when I graduated.

I kinda want to start a RB at Arkansas where you get to practice up a ton first and have great ratings, but I think I'm going to play a QB next, I am a really terrible passer i nthese games, perhaps a QB career will learn me.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #1021
watravaler
High School JV

The passing engine(360) is a game killer for me. Too bad, maybe next year...

Two years in a row I've returned the game within a week.

EA needs to pick one system

Last edited by watravaler : 08-05-2007 at 01:06 AM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #1022
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post

What is wrong with the passing?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #1023
gstelmack
Pro Starter

In Campus Legend mode, once you become the starter, is there any reason to play out the practices, or can I just sim them (unless I want the practice)? Will I ever gain any more points through practices?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #1024
Icy
Pro Starter

Finally got the game! I have started a CL as HB and i'm having a Blast. I'm only having on problem, the real rosters are not used when you start a CL in High School, but i have read it's a known problem, so for my next CL i'll start with a freshman already in a team instead of starting in HS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
In Campus Legend mode, once you become the starter, is there any reason to play out the practices, or can I just sim them (unless I want the practice)? Will I ever gain any more points through practices?

In the loading screen (Ps3 at least) it says that once you are the starter, the practices keep improving your ratings.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #1025
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm really enjoying the CL mode, just made a great option play (80yd TD) as QB, keeping the ball until 4 defenders reached me, leaving the FB totaly alone:

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-...ILL(PS3)/12219

Last edited by Icy : 08-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #1026
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
In the loading screen (Ps3 at least) it says that once you are the starter, the practices keep improving your ratings.

On the 360 it says "will help keep your skills sharp".
Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #1027
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I simmed them for my entire career, some reading on operation sports seemed to suggest that you wouldn't gain any more ratings points, or lose your starting job, if you sim practice once you're the starter.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #1028
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I haven't really seen it. Once I became the starter I practiced for the next 8 or so practices, didn't gain any more ratings so I just sim them now. I think the fastest way to gain ratings is to goto a team with a nearly maxed out player at the position you want to play.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #1029
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

When you're done with your first player on CL mode, can you make another one 4 years into the future? (2011). Or do you have to start over in 2007? It'd be cool to stay in the fictional universe.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #1030
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post

What are you talking about?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #1031
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
On the 360 it says "will help keep your skills sharp".

You are right, it says the same in the Ps3, i have read too much in that statement.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #1032
Kodos
Resident Alien

One nice thing about the practices is it does seem to make you better at executing the plays.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #1033
Logan
Head Coach

Can anyone help me try to get a video uploaded? I didn't seem to have a problem with this before, as I have 2 or 3 videos online already. I go into EA Sports Highlights, load the hard drive, but it doesn't come up with any files to upload. Thing is...I can see my highlight running in my "shrine" feature. So it's definitely saved somewhere, I just can't seem to get to it.

edit: Nevermind, I went into the shrine, to the video screen and did it, instead of going through the "Highlights" tab.

edit 2: No, I'm still all messed up. I was told I needed to be signed into XBL. So I go back and do that under my other profile. But then I can't access the files saved under the other profile (where I have my dynasty). I have no clue why I have 2 separate profiles, but is it possible to get those other files uploaded?

Last edited by Logan : 08-05-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #1034
Ironhead
College Prospect

I was getting a little irritated with the game so I took a week off to play Gears of War and watch an assload of Battlestar Galactica.

Looking to start my dynasty again but I was wondering what people are using for sliders. Has anyone given Heisman a shot?

Logan:
I had a similar issue. I eventually corrected it and now only have my Xbox Live profile in the game. Be careful about deleting any profile though - you might accidently delete something and then lose access to your dynasty.

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-05-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #1035
rowech
Pro Starter

It's official....I suck at this game. I haven't played a football game in three years and it really is showing. I can run the ball somewhat okay, can play defense fairly well but have just an unbelievably bad passing game. I'd like to think sliders would help but I know so many of the passes are going to get picked off as soon as I throw them.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #1036
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
It's official....I suck at this game. I haven't played a football game in three years and it really is showing. I can run the ball somewhat okay, can play defense fairly well but have just an unbelievably bad passing game. I'd like to think sliders would help but I know so many of the passes are going to get picked off as soon as I throw them.

I was/am in the same boat. I turned down the INT slider to zero or 5 and I primarily run the ball. I rely on my running game and my defense scoring TD's to win (seriously). My offense has recently gotten better, but my TO margin is 2nd in the country and tOSU is 8-0. Very similar to the '02 tOSU team in that our offense isn't that explosive but our defense is there when we need it. Just hope I can go undefeated
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #1037
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Bill Abner review of NCAA '08. Pretty thorough review......

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/270...-08-Review.htm
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #1038
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Bill Abner review of NCAA '08. Pretty thorough review......

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/270...-08-Review.htm
Well, I see Bill Abner's points, and I agree with a lot of what he has to say. On the bright side (for me), none of the problems bother me enough to make me dislike the game. I can play against the AI and enjoy it. The recruiting is still fun to me, but I can see the tedium setting in pretty soon. I'm not terribly annoyed by the number of interceptions. I couldn't care less about the polls unless my team is involved. I understand that some unrealistic and downright baffling things will happen with the polls in this game, but as long as I have a good time playing, I really don't care. I understand that the polls can make or break the game for a lot of people, but I'm OK with it.

Abner's complaints are all valid ones, and I absolutely agree that it's all about your perspective. Some people (like myself) are able to enjoy the game even with the AI issues. Others are going to hate the AI or the polls. At the very least, I think most people would agree that the on-field game, particularly against a human opponent, is the best we've seen in a long time.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #1039
Anthony
Banned

i know i had a ton of fun playing online against pumpy. in the end that's what matters, the on-the-field gameplay being fun. everything else is filler.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #1040
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
Check out this sliders I'm using, they're getting me great results.

360 version

Varsity
9 minutes

Hum/Cpu
Qba 40/50
PB 45/95
WRC 5/0
RBA 40/70
RBL 45/65

AW 5/95
KN 95/9
INT 5/5
BB 0/100
TCK 30/100

FBP 15/15
FGA 5/45
PP 35/40
PA 5/45
KP 45/70

The fumble problem is all but gone on Varsity and the picks I've thrown were because of bad choices. Try them out and tell me what you think..

Still having good luck with these sliders? I'm not above moving down from AA if it alleviates fumbles and interceptions.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #1041
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The interception issue is my biggest problem. Even with sliders, I have some games that are ridiculous (while others that are close to perfect.) However, I still like the game despite that flaw. Here is a good review from 2 of the editors at OS:

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...?game=ncaafb08

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-07-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #1042
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Supposedly EA is working on a patch for NCAA and Madden (which also is known to have too many interceptions), but who knows when that will be released.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #1043
Anthony
Banned

but is it interceptions by sucky QBs, or is it INTs from stud QBs with great accuracy? i would expect a sucky QB to toss like 3 INTs a game.

i haven't played any dynasty games just yet, just finished my CL. i'll start tonite.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #1044
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The interception issue is my biggest problem. Even with sliders, I have some games that are ridiculous (while others that are close to perfect.) However, I still like the game despite that flaw. Here is a good review from 2 of the editors at OS:

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...?game=ncaafb08

What sliders do you recommend changing to solve this problem? I was talking to my brother last night and he was complaining about too many interceptions in the game. Even if he turned them down, defenders just kept getting in the way of passes, but instead of intercepting it, the ball just bounced off them. The frequency sounded a bit alarming.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #1045
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
but is it interceptions by sucky QBs, or is it INTs from stud QBs with great accuracy? i would expect a sucky QB to toss like 3 INTs a game.

i haven't played any dynasty games just yet, just finished my CL. i'll start tonite.

My one frustration as a RB in CL mode has been regular picks thrown by my QB. Sometimes he's throwing into coverage, sometimes the DB is breaking on the ball much better than receivers are (as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's a long-standing gripe I've got with these games).

My QB is an "impact" player for my team which makes it all the more baffling, and has cost me some key games over bigtime opponents.

Fumbles have been about perfect for me, but INTs are at 3-4 per game from my impact QB.

It's especially frustrating when you are wide open in the flat with no one in front and he's passing to someone who is triple-covered.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #1046
Kodos
Resident Alien

Defensive players definitely go after the ball a lot more aggressively than receivers do.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #1047
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
My one frustration as a RB in CL mode has been regular picks thrown by my QB. Sometimes he's throwing into coverage, sometimes the DB is breaking on the ball much better than receivers are (as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's a long-standing gripe I've got with these games).

My QB is an "impact" player for my team which makes it all the more baffling, and has cost me some key games over bigtime opponents.

Fumbles have been about perfect for me, but INTs are at 3-4 per game from my impact QB.

It's especially frustrating when you are wide open in the flat with no one in front and he's passing to someone who is triple-covered.

see, but that's the point of CL. you are one cog in a system. you aren't controlling the whole system, just one piece of it. i've had my QB blow some huge games for me, out of my 3 seasons of CL my RB was only able to get 1 bowl win. my showcase is pretty much empty. we went to 3 bowl games and while i was able to do my part, i obviously couldn't score everytime i touched the ball and ultimately my success was in the hands of another person. that's realistic.

but yes, there've been times my eyes got big being out in the flats with NO ONE around me and a sure td to be had and the QB throws it the other way. that's football. the open guy doesn't always get the ball.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #1048
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Still having good luck with these sliders? I'm not above moving down from AA if it alleviates fumbles and interceptions.

Yes, I'm currently 2-2 with buffalo. With wins over Baylor and a 1 point win over Army. I lost to Syracuse by 10 and Temple by 7, they were very close games tho.. The INT's are always going to be a problem but with these settings, you won't fumble near as much. I've fumble only twice in 4 games and when I did fumble it felt right, not cheap. All I can say is try them out and see if they work for you.

Side note; I may try lowering the CPU's PB down to 0. I heard that will make the CPU pass to the backs and TE more, cutting down on the INT's. I'll try it and get back to you with the results.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 08-07-2007 at 12:58 PM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #1049
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I think the reason that interceptions are so prevalent this year is down to three things, one good, two bad. The first is I think we throw it up too often and have been spoiled by the very little risk compared to reward in previous versions. In 08 if you just throw it up, it's most likely incomplete, but there is a chance that it will be picked or caught as it should be. The two problems are, we have very little control over the pass strength. I find it incredibly difficult to throw a lob or medium lob pass, all I can throw is hard and laser, which is incredibly frustrating when you actually have an open receiver 15 yards behind the linebackers, but you can get the ball over the LB's because you can't throw a lob. The third kinda plays into the second and into what the guys over at OS said in their review. Linebackers are just way to responsive to the ball, you'll have an open receiver, throw the ball then a LB who is 5+ yards away from the line of the pass jets over, does some crazy jump and picks off the pass. Unless the pass within a couple of steps of the guy and he's the next Urlacher I don't really think we should be seeing this. The other complain I have heard is with DB's being too responsive, I dunno, I haven't really seen too many breaks that are that way out there to me. Sometimes your receiver is gonna catch it, occasionally the DB is gonna get a good jump and get it, maybe the Wideouts should be more competitive but it's not that bad IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #1050
Izulde
Head Coach

CL mode is still a blast, but fuck do the end-zone interceptions by the Tar Heels' QB suck! *beats head against wall*

It's like having Corey Bramlet in powder blue!

Just dropped a 34-31 thriller to #5 Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium, our first loss of the year, primarily because of Brooks's 4 INTs.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote