Old 05-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #1001
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Bo is a fucking pimp. 'Nuff said.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #1002
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

" You can blow, dude. " Good word choice, Randy.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #1003
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not just that, but picking what to most people was a no-name song by a no-name band. He just earned the rockers' respect with that one. Hell, that got me so fired up, I'm digging out one of my Badlands bootlegs after the show is over.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #1004
Easy Mac

Methinks this might be the first night I'll ever vote for American Idol. I have to make sure Bo wins.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #1005
Ksyrup

Carrie started that song very weakly - nerves?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #1006
Ksyrup

She's proving she is actually made of wood.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #1007
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Vonzell looks great, but it should be Bo and Carrie in the final. Carrie has a better voice, and she can learn to perform better.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #1008
MJ4H
Coordinator

I remember now why I hate that On the Radio song.

ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #1009
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAAON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA ON THE RADIO WHOAAAAAAAA

Not your best performance...you were a little pitchy in the middle.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #1010
Ksyrup

This is pretty cool. I did a search for Bo and Badlands, just to see if I could find some comments about his performance. To my surprise, I found this. Check the dates:

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:04 pm
Get Jake to call American IdoL!
I just about shit the first time I saw Bo Bice on American Idol. That guy is the first REAL rock singer (ie:Paul Rodgers/RayGillen) I've heard in years! Ray Gillen is irreplacable, but Bo Bice could be the next best thing! Man that dude could KILL on some Badlands tunes! Jake needs to hook up with that guy and make some classic new rock! i wouldn't care if they called i Badlands or not.

Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:11 pm
Interesting, but there's just one problem with Bo Bice: He doesn't appear to have much of a higher register. Just the thought of him trying to squawk the high note in the middle of "Dreams in the Dark..." ~shivers~

Great singer, but Bo would never survive Ray's material. He'd be awesome on a fresh project in the same vein, with songs written in range for him. I can see where you're going with the idea...

Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:58 am
I like Bo and all, but there's no way that he could pull off anything Ray ever did!!! It would be fun to see him attempt a Badlands tune by putting his own flavor into it, but Ray or the next best thing, he'll never be! Sorry! Ray could sing a recipe for meatloaf and make it sound great!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #1011
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Carrie is pregnant. She looks like she has been gaining weight the last few weeks, and the last outfit she wore tonight made it look like she had a pretty impressive gut. I think Bo may already be a rockstar: he can sing, he does drugs, and he bangs 20-year old chics.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #1012
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think Carrie is pregnant. She looks like she has been gaining weight the last few weeks, and the last outfit she wore tonight made it look like she had a pretty impressive gut. I think Bo may already be a rockstar: he can sing, he does drugs, and he bangs 20-year old chics.

I assuming that last part was to insinuate that Bo and Carrie had sex. Where does that come from? I've heard a few people in this thread mention that they think Bo and Carrie are together, but I'm curious where the notion comes from.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-17-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #1013
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

I just scanned through the show, and my first thought was that Carrie was putting on weight. I think Vonzell might score a little higher than Carrie in the looks department now.

Bo simply rocked from what I saw, and deserves to win this contest. Carrie really needs to pull this out though, as I have a nice little bet to collect on....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #1014
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I just scanned through the show, and my first thought was that Carrie was putting on weight. I think Vonzell might score a little higher than Carrie in the looks department now.

Bo simply rocked from what I saw, and deserves to win this contest. Carrie really needs to pull this out though, as I have a nice little bet to collect on....

You people are absolutely nuts.

First of all, Carrie is freaking hot. I told my wife that I thought she was getting hotter, and my wife didn't get mad. She actually agreed with me.

And second of all, I'll give Bo his props for going without the band. It was a gutsy move that absolutely didn't work for me. I was bored, and to me, it showed his weakness. His voice is just mediocre, and without the band, he loses that performance aspect. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't near what everyone was making it out to be. I think you all just got caught up in the fact that it was different.

For me, Bo's first song was the best of the night. His other two were mediocre, and I agree with Simon that the last one was "light fluff." However, he's still very good and should be in the finals.

The other spot goes to Carrie. She was the most consistent tonight in my opinion, finally showing a little fun in some spots and not near as wooden as she has been in the past.

Vonzell is getting on my nerves a little bit. I do like her, but she does the same cheesy grin for every song, regardless of what the lyrics are and the same "performancey" hand movements. Second song was very good; the other two were decent (first one) to bad (On the Radio).

She'll go down as one of the better number three finishers, but it should be a Bo/Carrie final. And after tonight, Carrie may have moved into first place in my opinion. I finally voted for her, and the fact that she's from Oklahoma and good friends with my wife's cousin, it's surprising that I haven't been more behind her. It's probably that I hate country so much.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #1015
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I assuming that last part was to insinuate that Bo and Carrie had sex. Where does that come from? I've heard a few people in this thread mention that they think Bo and Carrie are together, but I'm curious where the notion comes from.

I'm just kidding about Bo and Carrie because for a few weeks they were always standing/sitting/singing next to each other and my wife kept saying that she wanted them to hook up. I think one or two other people in this thread said the same thing about their wife/girlfriend saying the same.

I've just noticed in the last three or four weeks that her face and stomach have gotten a little heavy (I can relate) and my wife and I have joked about her being pregnant from Bo, but tonight on that last song, she was sporting a major roll.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #1016
Ksyrup

If you've heard that Badlands song, you'll know that Bo did it well. He's no Ray Gillen (both in terms of voice and because he's an octave lower) and he lost his way a bit toward the end, but I thought it was a very good job, given the original (which is also without music).

I didn't understand Simon calling Satisfaction fluff, when Simon chose the song and the band arranged it. Bo just showed up and sang it. If he didn't want to hear fluff, Simon should have picked a song that hasn't been covered by Jose Feliciano, Britney Spears, and Vanilla Ice.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #1017
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree that Carrie looks like she is putting on weight, but I think she is actually looking more attractive each week. I also think her performance abilities have improved ever so slightly the last few weeks.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #1018
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I didn't understand Simon calling Satisfaction fluff, when Simon chose the song and the band arranged it. Bo just showed up and sang it. If he didn't want to hear fluff, Simon should have picked a song that hasn't been covered by Jose Feliciano, Britney Spears, and Vanilla Ice.

If I'm not mistaken, Paula chose that song for Bo. Simon chose the one for Vonzell.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #1019
Ksyrup

The way they were talking, I thought Simon chose them all. That would make sense, though - Paula's got no fucking clue.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #1020
Ksyrup

Also, what's with the number of "that was the best vocal/performance of the year/ever" comments this year? If I'm not mistaken, Randy said Vonzell (?) gave one of the best vocal performances ever tonight. I don't remember which girl he said that about or what song it was, but he's clearly lost his mind. He needs to be separated from Paula.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #1021
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

From what I heard the judges say, Simon chose Vonzell's song, Paula chose Bo's song, and Randy chose Carrie's song. Every year, Simon seems to pan whatever song Paula picks.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:16 AM   #1022
Subby
lolzcat

Of all the songs Paula could have chosen for Bo...she really is an idiot.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #1023
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Abbreviated "road trip" version of the Solecismic Ratings...

1. Carrie's 2nd
2. Bo's 1st
3. Carrie's 1st
4. Vonzell's 3rd
5. Bo's 2nd
6. Carrie's 3rd
7. Vonzell's 2nd
8. Bo's 3rd
9. Vonzell's 1st

Overall, I think it was by far the best Idol show ever in terms of quality. Not that big a gap between the top and bottom performances.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #1024
KevinNU7
College Starter

I thought Carrie looked pregnant too, but I have a whole pregnancy bias right now.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #1025
Daimyo
College Starter

Before last night's show I thought Vonzell would have to be amazing to pass either Bo or Carrie. I don't think she even came close.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #1026
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

overall, I thought it was a good show and nobody made huge errors.

I liked Clive Davis' song choices because I thought they were not easy songs to sing. Vonzell was the worst although I can't exactly explain why other than Dionne Warwick sings the song much better. Carrie was OK but i agreed with Clive that she pussed out by not trying to hit the high note the way Roy Orbison did when he sang the song. Bo did a great job. I think Simon is mistaken when he says these are the songs Bo should sing. Bo should sing southern rock type of stuff, Bo just makes you think that maybe he should sing Elton john songs because he does such a good job;

As for the songs the contestants picked themselves, I think Vonzell did a really good job with hers and I like her, but I can't help but think that Bo would have done the song just a little better. I was kind of nonplussed with Carrie's performance, but of course she can sing. This may be the Bo fanboy in me talking, but I thought his rendition was great and the idea was freaking outstanding. He blew both the girls away;

I never love the songs the judges pick. Bo did good with satisfaction, but it sounded stupid and insulting to here him do it after the kicki ass performance he did moments before, I ttoally believe that Paula picked his song. I thought the choice for Carrie was bad too because it is not a song that requires a great performance and not a great voice, so it played to Carrie's weakness and not her strangth. Vonzell was ok pretending to be Donna Summer, but I don't think that shit wins this competition.

So, its down to Bo and Carrie and Vonzell's voters will probably turn to Carrie, so she should win in a landslide.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #1027
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
So, its down to Bo and Carrie and Vonzell's voters will probably turn to Carrie, so she should win in a landslide.
I was thinking the same thing. I think whoever is #2 tonight also has an edge because people want to vote for the underdog
Old 05-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #1028
Cuckoo
College Starter

Not too tough to predict. I think half of America figured a Bo/Carrie final.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 AM   #1029
Ksyrup

I think last night's outcome was so obvious, that they decided to let the contestants and their families know beforehand. The end of the show was just too perfectly choreographed as a send-off to Vonzell to be a coincidence. When they sang together (another awful shlock-fest), she was in the middle, did her little thing where she spoke directly to Simon, and was the featured performer at the end. No doubt in my mind everyone knew Vonzell was going.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-19-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #1030
Rizon
Pro Starter

Over/under on a "From Bo to Kelly" movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:39 AM   #1031
Ksyrup

I'm surprised those guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd didn't serve Bo with a lawsuit when they met him over the weekend. Maybe they haven't heard that one "original" song from the sugarmoney.net website. Or maybe they're 7th generation Skynyrd band members who have no rights.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:41 AM   #1032
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Maybe they just met their new frontman.

Last edited by judicial clerk : 05-19-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 PM   #1033
NAIWF
College Prospect

Carrie vs Bo reminds me of Ruben vs Clay in that everyone knew Clay would be alright without the AI "title", whereas Studdard needed it. I think Bo has a deal sewn up regardless, and could be successful with or without the AI hype machine backing him. On the other hand, Carrie will NOT do well without that mechanism in place, and almost has to win to avoid becoming Diana DeGarmo, a nice little singer with no stage presence and no album sales as a result. Regardless of how well they sing next week, as long as Carrie shows up she'll win, not because she may or may not be the best, but because it's the only way to guarantee two stars this season.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #1034
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIWF
On the other hand, Carrie will NOT do well without that mechanism in place, and almost has to win to avoid becoming Diana DeGarmo, a nice little singer with no stage presence and no album sales as a result.

Are you honestly comparing Carrie to Diana DeGarmo? Carrie has had a record deal sewn up as well for a long time. She appeals to a lot of people in the country/pop crossover stuff and will make a lot of money regardless. She doesn't need to win.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #1035
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Carrie is going to win this thing going away. Her formula of Whinty Houston's voice and good looks combined with C3PO's stage presence and moves can't be beat by Bo, no matter how many gods eye ponchos he wears. Carrie probably has had more votes than all the other contestants combined each week.

Looking back, having Clive Davis as a guest judge is kind of like having Satan as a guest judge; "overall kids, I liked some of your performances better than others, but it really doesn't matter becuase I own all of your souls anyway, BUWAHAHAHAHA!" Even his name kind of sounds like a pseudonym the devil would use.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #1036
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i wonder if Bo will have a Band behind him when he sings in the final. like a drummer and a bass guitairest, etc
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #1037
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing (on page 4)
I just placed a bet on Carrie Underwood to win the whole thing.... I'll be checking myself into Gamblers Anonymous tomorrow...

One more week. I'm a little conflicted because I don't think Carrie deserves to win, but I'll be rooting for her.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #1038
NAIWF
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo

Are you honestly comparing Carrie to Diana DeGarmo? Carrie has had a record deal sewn up as well for a long time. She appeals to a lot of people in the country/pop crossover stuff and will make a lot of money regardless. She doesn't need to win.

Great voice, relatively attractive, absolutely zero performance skills going up against someone who may not have the world's greatest voice, but destroys them on stage each and every week. Sounds like Diana DeGarmo to me. I've enjoyed Carrie's run on the show, I might even consider buying an album of hers, but there's not a chance I'd pay money to see her "perform" at a concert, nor could I see her getting any exposure with videos or airplay on mainstream radio. She's not as good as Shania, Faith Hill or the Dixie Chicks and those are the only three "country" acts most people who don't follow that genre know of.

Bo, on the other hand would get my money on a CD and concert tickets because he actually looks excited to be there, and you could conceivably hear his songs get played on any rock station across America. He also fits in the MTV and VH1 molds, so I'd say he has much more potential to make it big. Carrie strikes me as a one album wonder, while Bo could have a nice, lengthy career.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:22 PM   #1039
KevinNU7
College Starter

I agree, but I still think she is better then Diana. I'd say the Top 3 from this season were/are better the any of the contestants from last season.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #1040
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic

1. Carrie's 2nd
2. Bo's 1st
3. Carrie's 1st
4. Vonzell's 3rd
5. Bo's 2nd
6. Carrie's 3rd
7. Vonzell's 2nd
8. Bo's 3rd
9. Vonzell's 1st

Overall, I think it was by far the best Idol show ever in terms of quality. Not that big a gap between the top and bottom performances.

Aside from the elevated positions for Carrie's performances, I think you are absolutely right. I have now concluded that Vonzell is better than Carrie, but that it just didn't matter. Carrie has that huge fan base, and that might win her the whole thing.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:32 PM   #1041
Joe
Pro Starter

carries isnt like diana. diana reminded everyone of Miss Piggy. Well actually, over the past few weeks, carrie is starting to fit into that role (or is it roll)...
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #1042
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

1. Carrie's 2nd
2. Bo's 1st
3. Carrie's 1st
4. Vonzell's 3rd
5. Bo's 2nd
6. Carrie's 3rd
7. Vonzell's 2nd
8. Bo's 3rd
9. Vonzell's 1st

lazy ass
Old 05-19-2005, 04:31 PM   #1043
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo

Yep... Carrie will make a good deal of money. She's better than the Country Marine, Josh Gracin, and he's doing quite well.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #1044
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Yep... Carrie will make a good deal of money. She's better than the Country Marine, Josh Gracin, and he's doing quite well.

yeah he is doing pretty good. I've liked the songs he's released off of his album. Too bad he lost the best new artist award to Gretchen Wilson on Tuesday.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #1045
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIWF
Great voice, relatively attractive, absolutely zero performance skills going up against someone who may not have the world's greatest voice, but destroys them on stage each and every week. Sounds like Diana DeGarmo to me. I've enjoyed Carrie's run on the show, I might even consider buying an album of hers, but there's not a chance I'd pay money to see her "perform" at a concert, nor could I see her getting any exposure with videos or airplay on mainstream radio. She's not as good as Shania, Faith Hill or the Dixie Chicks and those are the only three "country" acts most people who don't follow that genre know of.

Bo, on the other hand would get my money on a CD and concert tickets because he actually looks excited to be there, and you could conceivably hear his songs get played on any rock station across America. He also fits in the MTV and VH1 molds, so I'd say he has much more potential to make it big. Carrie strikes me as a one album wonder, while Bo could have a nice, lengthy career.

I think you're way off base and maybe lumping her in with a group because you don't like that kind of music. I understand completely; I don't like it much either, but I think she has a very good chance of being pretty big in that genre with the likes of Shania, Faith Hill, or LeAnn Rimes. Once the handlers get with her and teach her how to perform a little more, she'll be fine on that end of things.

My memory of Diana DeGarmo was of a cutesy, but not very attractive, young girl with a decent voice and a major tendency to overperform and not find a lot of connection to the songs. Her "emoting" seemed to be false to me. That seems to me to be a near opposite of Carrie. Carrie is quite a bit older, better looking, with a more distinguished and polished voice who seems to appeal to a pretty broad group of musical tastes. I probably won't buy her album, though my wife probably will. Personally, I'd be much more likely to buy Bo's, but to say that she needs to win the competition to have a career seems not even close to reality, in my opinion.

I think this is an interesting finale because, from the way I see it, it's a match-up of the much, much better performer against the one with much more vocal talent. A lot of it will come down to taste for a lot of people, but the fact that they are so different is intriguing to me.

Honestly, neither one winning would surprise or bother me. They'll both make a lot of money regardless.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #1046
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
yeah he is doing pretty good. I've liked the songs he's released off of his album. Too bad he lost the best new artist award to Gretchen Wilson on Tuesday.

That was going to be a hard one to win. Droopy had it sown up. Even though I despise that "When I think about cheating" song, you can't deny her talent.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #1047
Ksyrup

Man, talk about crap. Aside from the song Bo re-did from earlier, every song/performance was sub-par. Terrible song choices all around. This proves the entire competition is too long - they ran out of songs a few weeks ago.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:48 PM   #1048
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Problem is these are the originals that they'll be releasing.

It's painfully obvious that these are generic catalogue songs that they had to pick from, certainly not written specifically for the singers. Carrie has a little more pop to her persona so pulled it off fairly well, but Bo is NOT a pop singer, he looked hopelessly out of place singing these songs.

I said that I hoped Bo would finish in 2nd place, so we get to see him every week, but he would not be stuck doing the American Idol album, he could get his own record deal and sing Bo music. I still hope this is what happens!
Mota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #1049
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Man, talk about crap. Aside from the song Bo re-did from earlier, every song/performance was sub-par. Terrible song choices all around. This proves the entire competition is too long - they ran out of songs a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't say it was a bad choice of songs. Two of the song were created for the winner to sing on their first album. The third song they were told to pick from their favorite performance. With that said, they really didn't have that much of a choice. It did appear that Carrie sang her second original song better than Bo, even though she was off. Overall, the show was not that good. In fact, I have watched AI from the beginning and this is the first time I can remember the judges having any negative comments on a finally.

Bo was more consistent, but Carrie has the stronger voice. I thing she will win. Sadly, Vonzell would have probably blown them both out the water singing her favorite and the last song Carrie sang.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #1050
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota
I said that I hoped Bo would finish in 2nd place, so we get to see him every week, but he would not be stuck doing the American Idol album, he could get his own record deal and sing Bo music. I still hope this is what happens!

Not really, Bo will still under 19 managament. He needs to hire Clay's lawyer fast to get out of that deal or he will go the route of Justin. I really picture Bo as the front man for a band, not a solo artist.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote