Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #1001
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Just something wrong with a non-player getting the 1,000th post..

Vote Jeff061

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #1002
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
No offense, Lathum, but I definitely think a replacement (if needed) should come from outside the game
I was being sarcastic.

In all seriousness, this is just a game and a very fun one. I take no offense to anything that is said or done within this post and nobody else should either. I hope we have as many more matches of this as peregrines creative mind will allow us to have. Thanks to peregrine for taking the time to moderate this and I consider all of you my friends.

That being said it is to bad I didn't kill you all
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:25 PM   #1003
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I was being sarcastic.

In all seriousness, this is just a game and a very fun one. I take no offense to anything that is said or done within this post and nobody else should either. I hope we have as many more matches of this as peregrines creative mind will allow us to have. Thanks to peregrine for taking the time to moderate this and I consider all of you my friends.

That being said it is to bad I didn't kill you all

ROFL

Same here, except I only want to kill all of the wolves
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:29 PM   #1004
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was being sarcastic.

I totally agree with this. Things can get a bit heated when you are fighting for your life, but everyone seems to be putting that behind them when the game is over. This really has been a blast, and a great addition to the forum.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #1005
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Here is an updated list of who vote where and when...

Round 1Round 1Round 1 F.Round 2Round 2Round 3Round 3 F.Round 4Round 4 F.Round 5 F.
DesnudoAirhogAirhogAirhogCondorsCondorsbrianDlathum
EaglesfannomythsnomythsAirhogquikshotquikshotntndeaconbrianDlathum
JonShortyShortyAirhogntndeaconqwikshotbrainDbrainDLathum
KevinNU7AirhogAirhogAirhogQwikshotQwikshot
KwhitNomythsNomythsAirhogBrianDjon
LathumAirhogAirhogAirhogQwikshotQwikshoteaglesfan27eaglesfan27jon
MustangAirhogNomythsAirhogCondorsCondorsntndeaconntndeaconlathum
NeuquaNomythsNomythsAirhogQwikshotQwikshot
ntndeaconDesnudoDesnudoAirhogJonJondesnudobrianDjon
SwaggsAirhogQwikshotQwikshotDesnudojon
QwikshotShortyShortyNeuquaEaglesfan27Eaglesfan27DEADDEADDEAD

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #1006
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Well, I'll be. I guessed who was a werewolf.

My reasoning for thinking Lathum might be a werewolf was that in the first game, Lathum was the first innocent villager lynched and people felt crappy about that. Crappy enough that they wouldn't vote for Lathum early in this game. I guessed Peregrine would think the same and assign a wolf role to Lathum.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 PM   #1007
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Why do I have a feeling that as soon as the night results are posted, everyone will be voting. *L*
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #1008
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well. Not the best move on my part and I know I look very wolfy this time.

To defend my voting for Jon (and Desnudo the day before). Until today, I felt fairly certain that ntndeacon was the seer, as he had been voting against the "popular" choices (he voted for Jon two nights ago and Desnudo last night, until switching when he started to get some votes last night). I pulled my vote for Jon because I wanted to read through and see if he had, in someway, given away the fact that he was the seer before coming out with it today.

After balancing it all out again and reading things over, I still thought ntndeacon stood out as the seer more than Jon, and the fact that Jon gave himself up tipped the scales for me.

I'm sure I'm screwed now because I took a (wrong) position before people started piling on, but I hope everyone looks at the way today's vote went, and who else voted with me, before declaring me a werewolf.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #1009
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

And we start to come waiting for the next victim to be announced.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #1010
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Boy, things were going great until the wolves decided to eat me. Now my money's on the villagers to pull this thing out after all.

Stupid wolves.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #1011
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
And we start to come waiting for the next victim to be announced.

I'm not looking forward to this one so much.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 PM   #1012
Peregrine
Pro Starter

You wake up to a surprisingly warm morning, maybe ten degrees higher than it has been. Is the weather about to take a turn for the better, along with the villager's moods? Their mood definitely improves when they learn there was no kill last night. What will happen next?

Day Turn 6

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW - Lynched on Day 2 (villager)
Airhog - Duke
NoMyths - killed on Night 5 (Sorceror)
Qwikshot - Lynched on Day 3 (Cultist)
Barkeep49
ntndeacon
McSweeny - killed on Night 3 (Witness)
Shorty - Lynched on Day 1 (villager)
Kwhit
Mustang
BrianD - lynched on Day 4 (Doctor)
Condors - killed by the Hunter on Night 4 (Villager)
Eaglesfan
GWB - killed on Night 4 (Hunter)
KevinNU7
Desnudo
Lathum - Lynched Day 5 (Werewolf)

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-29-2005 at 11:31 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #1013
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm replacing Neuqua with Barkeep49.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:31 PM   #1014
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Wonderful!!!!!!!!! Yay Bodyguard!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 PM   #1015
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Welcome Barkeep. Unless you are a wolf then DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #1016
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good job, Bodyguard!

Welcome Barkeep, I'm almost positive you aren't a wolf, which makes you good company in my book!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:43 PM   #1017
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Boy, everything just kind of went in the tank here at the end, didn't it?
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #1018
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thank you for the nice greeting, except if one of you is a wolf. In which case I do not appreciate your false salutations. I had a couple of theories, but um, well they were kind of shot by Lathum being a wolf. I am going to go back and look at the infamous Qwikshot list to see what, if anything, we can now divine from it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:26 AM   #1019
Desnudo
Coordinator

Good job bodyguard! I hope Jon uses his view well.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 AM   #1020
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting question: Did the wolves go elsewhere, thinking that the bodyguard would protect Jon nearly automatically.. (since you can't protect the same person twice in a row) and they'd get him next time...

and if so.. did the bodyguard think with the wolves?

Or...

Did they go elsewhere and hit a cursed?

Ooooh the double thinking on this one is FUN...
Old 06-30-2005, 07:34 AM   #1021
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
grrrr, I thought i had it. the nonvoters screwed me. next time don't play the game if you arent gonna vote.
I've said your name since the beginning of the game. I would have voted for you if I was around. Some of us don't have our nights off like you.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #1022
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Interesting question: Did the wolves go elsewhere, thinking that the bodyguard would protect Jon nearly automatically.. (since you can't protect the same person twice in a row) and they'd get him next time...

and if so.. did the bodyguard think with the wolves?

Or...

Did they go elsewhere and hit a cursed?

Ooooh the double thinking on this one is FUN...
Also, the bodyguard may have defended someone else knowing the the werwolves wouldn't bother attacking Jon because they assumed the bodyguard would protect him.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 AM   #1023
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well at this point I'd ask Jon to tell us everyone he has seen and their results. IMO one of the villiagers he has seen is now a werewolf, whcih should make for an interesting ending
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #1024
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Also, the bodyguard may have defended someone else knowing the the werwolves wouldn't bother attacking Jon because they assumed the bodyguard would protect him.

(puts on a goofy Russian hat)

Da. I say that already.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:00 AM   #1025
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I think it is a higher probability that Jon was the protected than just a random person. Having said that, if Jon was protected and there is more than 1 wolf (which is almost a guarantee) then I would think Jon would be definitely be targetted tonight as the bodyguard couldn't guard him again. Damn, NOW we need the doctor! If that is the case, it might be best to just get everything out in the open as to who he has seen. . .
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 AM   #1026
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I think it is a higher probability that Jon was the protected than just a random person. Having said that, if Jon was protected and there is more than 1 wolf (which is almost a guarantee) then I would think Jon would be definitely be targetted tonight as the bodyguard couldn't guard him again. Damn, NOW we need the doctor! If that is the case, it might be best to just get everything out in the open as to who he has seen. . .

The doctor is still around. I'm over there swinging from that tree branch...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 AM   #1027
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Pretty quiet in here...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:18 AM   #1028
KevinNU7
College Starter

I know. All these people not posting should be allowed to play There's a night time bias
Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #1029
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Pretty quiet in here...

I think everybody's convinced that they know who the werewolves are.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #1030
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think everybody's convinced that they know who the werewolves are.

Well let's see some votes then. If we get almost everyone to vote quick enough I'd even support an early lynch and on to the next day. It would be nice to finish this before the weekend if possible.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #1031
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I may not be home in enough time to see how the bandwagon goes. But, I will say this: I didn't vote for NoMyths (and argued enough to swing the vote) or GWB because they weren't wolves. I would never vote for EaglesFan or Nequa, because they are not wolves. I'm voting Lathum, b/c he's a wolf. Granted, I had some votes wrong (like everyone else), and I didn't know NoMyths was a sorcerer. . . but you can't see everything.

Here are those still alive, with assumptions from this post
Jon - Seer
Swaggs
Airhog - Duke
Barkeep49
ntndeacon
Kwhit
Mustang
Eaglesfan - Villager
KevinNU7 - Villager
Desnudo

That leaves a lot of targets still. Of those ntndeacon, Kwhit and Swaggs voted for Jon. Also it should be of note that all of them flip-flopped to Jon
Old 06-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #1032
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Well let's see some votes then. If we get almost everyone to vote quick enough I'd even support an early lynch and on to the next day. It would be nice to finish this before the weekend if possible.

I think everyone is waiting for the seer... I mean, Jon.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 AM   #1033
Jon
High School Varsity

I'll say it --- I am the seer. I wanted to pass enough clues without saying it, but since this may be my last day. I'm going to lay it all out again.

I didn't want to tell anyone that I was the seer. My intent was to lay low, and see how things went, until I picked a werewolf to view. My initial viewing was NoMyths, and I saw that he was a human. So, when it appeared that NoMyths may become an early target based upon his posts, I figured I had to do whatever it took to get votes away from NoMyths and figured it would be best to bandwagon against Shorty. No offense, Shorty, it just appeared that it was you or NoMyths and since I didn't know your role, I was stuck early in the game. I subsequently viewed Nequa (human), GWB (human), EaglesFan (human), and Lathum (wolf). Because I got a hit so late in the game, I had to just lay it all on the line and hope the bandwagon would go in his favor. I figured once I did that, I would become a target, which is why I tried to leave hokey clues that I was the seer without saying it outright. Although I must admit that I knew that I would be the wolves next target (since I forgot about the bodyguard) as it would become clear I was the seer (even I know that a typo isn't much of a strategy, but I had a lot of work to do and a little time to sit and strategize).

Now, for the bad news, I didn't make it home last night in time to make another viewing. Apparently some wolves figured out who I was and decided to give me some tequila and rumbelmintz (spelling?), which severly impaired my ability to see, meaning I got home after midnite. I missed the deadline to view and so I can't see. So I figure I will likely be gone tonite.

I do want to say, though, that this is what I know.

HUMANS: Jon, Airhog, Barkeep49, and EaglesFan.

I suspect that kwit or ntndeacon is a wolf, but the alcohol severely inhibited my ability to see. (Hell, you should be glad I can even type this).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #1034
KevinNU7
College Starter

Damn, that's crappy
Old 06-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #1035
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Damn, that's crappy

Which part: the fact that I actually drank rumblemintz or the fact I missed seeing.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #1036
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Which part: the fact that I actually drank rumblemintz or the fact I missed seeing.
Both.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #1037
KWhit
Coordinator

If you people are going to keep accusing me of wolfness, at least spell my freaking name right!

Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #1038
KevinNU7
College Starter

I vote for KWhit

how's the spelling?

Edit: Vote Changed to Swaggs

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 06-30-2005 at 01:14 PM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #1039
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Well. Not the best move on my part and I know I look very wolfy this time.

To defend my voting for Jon (and Desnudo the day before). Until today, I felt fairly certain that ntndeacon was the seer, as he had been voting against the "popular" choices (he voted for Jon two nights ago and Desnudo last night, until switching when he started to get some votes last night). I pulled my vote for Jon because I wanted to read through and see if he had, in someway, given away the fact that he was the seer before coming out with it today.

After balancing it all out again and reading things over, I still thought ntndeacon stood out as the seer more than Jon, and the fact that Jon gave himself up tipped the scales for me.

I'm sure I'm screwed now because I took a (wrong) position before people started piling on, but I hope everyone looks at the way today's vote went, and who else voted with me, before declaring me a werewolf.
He suggests his actions look wolfy, and well I agree. For the moment I vote for Swaggs.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:08 AM   #1040
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn, that's crappy

Especially since I think we're on the wrong track. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm a villager. It would have been nice to be viewed last night to prove it.

I think the werewolves are playing us against one another right now, and have been very successful at it.

I voted for Jon because I thought his reasoning was inane (the typo accusation). I felt that he was a wolf and decided to play the seer card at the last minute to get the heat off of himself and onto Lathum. Yes, when Lathum turned out to be a villager, Jon would be outed, but by then another villager would be dead and the wolves would be inches away from victory. Obviously I was wrong and he really was the seer.

So who do I think are the wolves? Well, not sure, but I think at least 1 or 2 voted for Lathum to keep flying under the radar. It didn't look like Jon was going to get enough votes to be lynched. I imagine they decided to give Lathum up and put distance between themselves and him. In fact, it would be stupid for a werewolf to vote for Jon unless they KNEW they'd get the votes. If you were online at the time, you know that the vote looked like Lathum would be lynched the whole time. Only ntndeacon's last second vote made it close.

So I think we should keep an open mind and look at the people who voted for Lathum and the people who didn't vote at all. Lathum said something about the non-voters helping him. Of course, that could just be subterfuge.

If you lynch me tonight, you're making a mistake.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #1041
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Apparently some wolves figured out who I was and decided to give me some tequila and rumbelmintz (spelling?), which severly impaired my ability to see,

A sober person spells it Rumpleminze.. a drunk person say rummbellrummints..

As for missing the deadline, sucks but, I think everyone probably has their minds made up.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #1042
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm heading out to catch an early War of the Worlds showing with some people, I'll be back in a couple of hours and see how things are going.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #1043
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I have to admit, Jon's eaten/eatin attempt was really, really weak until he followed it up with the see comment. Luckily he did, we might have lost the seer last night instead of a wolf. Which brings me to my observation.. One thing that would help us, if you feel strongly about a candidate, it would be best to state a case, a simple vote might not be helpful since the tiebreaker is Peregrine reviewing the cases and picking the best one.

Would have been interesting to see how a tie vote would have gone last night at such a critical point. Oh well, off the game for a bit there.. probably a topic for thought later...
Old 06-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #1044
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I have to admit, Jon's eaten/eatin attempt was really, really weak until he followed it up with the see comment. Luckily he did, we might have lost the seer last night instead of a wolf. Which brings me to my observation.. One thing that would help us, if you feel strongly about a candidate, it would be best to state a case, a simple vote might not be helpful since the tiebreaker is Peregrine reviewing the cases and picking the best one.

Would have been interesting to see how a tie vote would have gone last night at such a critical point. Oh well, off the game for a bit there.. probably a topic for thought later...

His eaten/eatin comment was supposed to be weak. It was probably to get everyone thinking about why he would make such a weak comment and a vote so early in the day. Combine that with his overuse of words like "perceive" and "focus" in that post, and you get a bunch of subtle hints. Had more people caught on to this, he might have stayed hidden.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #1045
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think both Swaggs and KWhit are werewolves and it is really just a matter of which one to vote for first.

I vote Swaggs.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #1046
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Damn Lawyers
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #1047
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I think both Swaggs and KWhit are werewolves and it is really just a matter of which one to vote for first.

I vote Swaggs.
I have to agree, I'd put ntndeacon in that boat too
Old 06-30-2005, 11:19 AM   #1048
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have to agree, I'd put ntndeacon in that boat too

He is the next one on my list after those 2.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #1049
KevinNU7
College Starter

Peregrine, will Jon have a vision before he is eaten? Could he in theory get his PM about who he sees and post it in here before he is killed?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #1050
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ping: BodyGuard

Since it is pretty obvious you protected Jon last night we can assume the wolves will kill him tonight. So tonight instead of protecting a random person you should protect no one. That way next round you can have the option to protect anyone. By protecting someone this round you will lose the ability to protect them next round.

Ofcourse if you didn't protect Jon feel free to do it this time

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 06-30-2005 at 11:26 AM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote