Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1001
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I don't know why we would want to kill villagers sooner. Who knws what tricks are in this labyrinth? The person that the brutal takes tonight might be a move away from some teleport straight to the center.

Think of villager-days as a unit, being every day a villager is alive is a villager-day unit to benefit the village. By killing the brutal today, you're essentially saying we should go with X villager-day units instead of X villager-day units +1.

It doesn't make a big difference, sure. How likely is that one day to produce something tangible for the village? Not likely. But why pick the option that removes any value from it right away? At least if we go the other route (nfg/Tyrith), a question is being answered and we might also get something of value from that villager who will eventually be killed by the brutal.

We kill the brutal today, we don't get anything more of value from that villager, and the nfg/Trytih thing will still need another day to figure out.

we have no way of knowing how close the person the brutal picks will be to the center either today or the next day. you have to remove that from the equation, because it's entirely random.

you take out the brutal today so that you don't lose by leaving them till last if a bunch of us suddenly find "death rooms"
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #1002
Passacaglia
Coordinator

How did that happen now? I don't get it. Oh, I guess it had to do with that decision Danny was talking about. I guess now we'll see what happened with RendeR and that little girl.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #1003
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

By the way I know that sounds emotional and WOLFY but I see CR's logic and it only becomes more apparent now. Sure if we kill teh brutalwe lose a villager, whether that is today or tommorow but what if the villager that the brutal takes with him only needs one more turn to center? Then we let him get killed a turn early.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #1004
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
How did that happen now? I don't get it. Oh, I guess it had to do with that decision Danny was talking about. I guess now we'll see what happened with RendeR and that little girl.

I really hope she isnt DEATH girl. That would be horrible. Also, would you stop acting like you care about us, you want us dead. Your probably smiling inside.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1005
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

GRR...Im torn between DT and CR...your right that it is random who is closest but also if we wait till the last for JAG we might get to center.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1006
The Jackal
Coordinator

haha DEATH girl, classic
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1007
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
By the way I know that sounds emotional and WOLFY but I see CR's logic and it only becomes more apparent now. Sure if we kill teh brutalwe lose a villager, whether that is today or tommorow but what if the villager that the brutal takes with him only needs one more turn to center? Then we let him get killed a turn early.

And what if they're not and by waiting a day to kill the brutal, they do get there. The argument is the same regardless of when you kill the brutal. There's always the chance that they pick off the one closest. There's no less of a chance tomorrow than there is today.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #1008
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I am funny arent I? Wait a second...you created the death room. Jerk.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #1009
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I really hope she isnt DEATH girl. That would be horrible. Also, would you stop acting like you care about us, you want us dead. Your probably smiling inside.

I don't know how many times I have to say that I -- if the wolves win, I lose. It's pretty much said right in the rules. I don't know how I can be any more villager-friendly than that. Why are you trying to divert attention toward me in all this?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #1010
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
And what if they're not and by waiting a day to kill the brutal, they do get there. The argument is the same regardless of when you kill the brutal. There's always the chance that they pick off the one closest. There's no less of a chance tomorrow than there is today.

You would be right...Im not concerned with the closest getting picked off. I understand that could happen. But if the closest could have gotten there after one more turn and he died because we killed the brutal, then that hurts our chances.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #1011
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to say that I -- if the wolves win, I lose. It's pretty much said right in the rules. I don't know how I can be any more villager-friendly than that. Why are you trying to divert attention toward me in all this?

Dont act like im diverting attention towards you.Yes you lose if the wolves win but you also only win if we all die. Your not on our team, you might have the same enemies but you have very contradictory goals.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #1012
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
You would be right...Im not concerned with the closest getting picked off. I understand that could happen. But if the closest could have gotten there after one more turn and he died because we killed the brutal, then that hurts our chances.

As I said, the same argument exists regardless of when we kill the Brutal. It shouldn't be a consideration IMO.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #1013
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
As I said, the same argument exists regardless of when we kill the Brutal. It shouldn't be a consideration IMO.

Generally, if the brutal is the last wolf, he doesn't kill anybody. But that's because usually the game is just over at that point -- it might be different in this game, but it might not.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #1014
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The basic concept of this game is simple - you'll all start on the edge of a Labyrinth, and your goal is to get to the middle. No one knows the layout of the Labyrinth to begin with - no commoner, no wolves, not the minotaur. There will be traps, items, and other things hidden around. The wolves win if they achieve an even ratio with the commoners. The commoners gain a minor victory if they kill all the wolves, but one commoner must reach the center for the game to be over. If at any point a commoner reaches the center, the game ends.

A different twist this time - the wolves did not build this Labyrinth, the Jester did, and as such he brought them here just like everyone else. They will also be trying to find the center - and if a wolf is the first player to reach the center, the game will end in a win for them as well - however, they do not need to find the center to win.

The game won't end when the wolves are dead.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #1015
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Jackal - what happens when there is only one wolf left? Can they kill even if they did the night before?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #1016
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The game won't end when the wolves are dead.

You think *I* don't know that? I'm just saying that I don't know if that definitely means the brutal will get his kill if he's the last wolf to die.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #1017
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Of course you know that...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #1018
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal - what happens when there is only one wolf left? Can they kill even if they did the night before?

Yes. If there is one wolf left he does the kill every night.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #1019
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im out for the night you guys have fun and I hope my boisterious comments and frequent emotional outbursts will not be miscontstrued as Wolf. Where has tyrith been? Maybe RL maybe being quiet to win the game. Give me a chance, you wont regret it.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #1020
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm just waiting to find out what RendeR wants to do with DEATH girl.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #1021
The Jackal
Coordinator

And I hope he reads the thread, so that he knows that's not her real name.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #1022
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm just waiting to find out what RendeR wants to do with DEATH girl.

He told us about it but didn't decide? What a crock.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #1023
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
He told us about it but didn't decide? What a crock.

Many of the encounters in this Labyrinth have a string of multiple choies.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #1024
RendeR
Coordinator

I made one choice and just now a SECOND choice...that little turd best stay in FRONT of me.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #1025
RendeR
Coordinator

Interesting...not sure how much jackal allows to be told from PM's but the lil girl is leading me somewhere.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #1026
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Pretty weird. Do you have to keep following her at every turn, or are you just following her wherever she goes now?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #1027
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Pretty weird. Do you have to keep following her at every turn, or are you just following her wherever she goes now?

She wanted my help retrieving her dolly, I said I would help if she could lead me to it, she took my hand and will lead me as far as she can.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #1028
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
She wanted my help retrieving her dolly, I said I would help if she could lead me to it, she took my hand and will lead me as far as she can.

Oh okay -- so does that mean you can't decide where you're going in each phase or something?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #1029
RendeR
Coordinator

It means I'm following a little girl and hoping she doesn't EAT ME on teh way to wherever we're going =)
Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #1030
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
It means I'm following a little girl and hoping she doesn't EAT ME on teh way to wherever we're going =)

hahaha -- well I guess it will be interesting to see what The Jackal says when he gets back!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #1031
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
hahaha -- well I guess it will be interesting to see what The Jackal says when he gets back!

... chumbawumba?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #1032
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
... chumbawumba?

Look, just tell RendeR he was eaten by the death girl so we can all move on!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #1033
Danny
Head Coach

When I died, the fun factor plummeted.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #1034
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
When I died, the fun factor plummeted.

Yeah -- that happens to me when I die, too.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #1035
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah -- that happens to me when I die, too.

But when I die it plummets for everyone
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #1036
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
But when I die it plummets for everyone

Everyone except the wolves, I guess.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #1037
hoopsguy
General Manager

I miss Danny already, even if we never were able to establish a telepathic bond.

VOTE JAG
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #1038
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

shit like this dead girl and the death room is why we need to kill the brutal now though, while we still have the numerical advantage
Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #1039
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
shit like this dead girl and the death room is why we need to kill the brutal now though, while we still have the numerical advantage

lol...you really think we're going to lose the numerical advantage? Now that's paranoid!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #1040
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
lol...you really think we're going to lose the numerical advantage? Now that's paranoid!

Well if we lose one more in a death room/death girl/ death doll, then that leaves us with three after one NK, one brutal kill, one failed lynch on me allowing a NK...Three versus one minotaur?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #1041
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well if we lose one more in a death room/death girl/ death doll, then that leaves us with three after one NK, one brutal kill, one failed lynch on me allowing a NK...Three versus one minotaur?

That's like three days away (five with the weekend), assumes a death or two that can't be assumed, and after all that, you still have three for one.

Really, it's going to take a phenomenal effort on the part of the villagers to fail to win this.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #1042
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's like three days away (five with the weekend), assumes a death or two that can't be assumed, and after all that, you still have three for one.

Really, it's going to take a phenomenal effort on the part of the villagers to fail to win this.

Actually thats only two turns...and one has to assume Pass is near the middle...killing one of our guys drops us to two...are you prepared to forge ahead with that?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #1043
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

dola, Im not assuming any deaths...1st. The brutal will kill two...one on the night we kill JAG and one when he dies. Then it is obvious I am next to be lynched, and that will kill another villager, but im not in the count. So that night one more will die from Tyrith. Pass will likely kill one. That brings us to two.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #1044
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We have 7 villagers, 2 neutral roles and 2 wolves.

We kill a brutal wolf, he takes a villager and a villager is NK'd.

That's 5-2-1.

We either lynch a wolf or a neutral role. Villager is NK'd. We'll take worst case scenario here.

That's 4-1-1.

We lynch the wolf we missed out on. No more wolves.

4-1-0.

You can switch the first and the second, and it's the same result. You still get four villagers versus Passacaglia.

And that assumes Render doesn't block an attack.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #1045
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The brutal will kill two...one on the night we kill JAG and one when he dies.

Not sure, BTW, if you're just misunderstanding the brutal role, but when the brutal wolf is lynched, he doesn't survive the lynch while a villager dies. He dies like normal, and he takes a villager with him. Only one villager dies when the brutal dies, and they both die right away. The day result as a whole is one wolf (the brutal) and two villagers (one killed with the brutal, and one NK'd by the remaining wolf).

Old 06-27-2009, 01:42 AM   #1046
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

You are right...but my money says Pass kills one of us....leaving three...thats counting no more mishaps...I guess your right though it doesnt matter what order we do it in.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #1047
The Jackal
Coordinator

And welcome to the second worst day of my life. Is it too much to ask that a bar doesn't lose your credit card? Don't expect to hear from me this weekend.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #1048
hoopsguy
General Manager

NFG, the fact that you are obsessing over the villager numbers here seems strange to me. We have an overwhelming advantage against the wolves at this point. We have a clear pattern for how to eliminate the remaining wolves.

We cannot control the person that the brutal wolf eliminates. We cannot control what Pass/Minotaur does. We cannot necessarily control what a certain room of the Labyrinth may do. Given that we cannot control them, what does it gain us to obsess over what they may or may not do?

The way I see it, we eliminate wolves every day until they are gone. We continue moving towards the center until someone wins the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #1049
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that we pretty much play this thing out as best we can.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #1050
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And by that I mean let's kill the damn wolves. I believe we know with 100% who one of the wolves is, while we are at a lower, though still high %, who the other wolf is. I like 100%.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote