Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #1001
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
It was Godsend and uhh.. i forget ...

It could be triggered by Eclipses generically though...

I still have it on DVR, but I also forget. I think it was Godsend and "focus?" The sword helped that ancient samurai focus his power.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #1002
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I thought about that ancient samurai with the symbol and thought about posting something about the symbol as well.

As far as Hiro's weakening power, I almost wonder if it is due to a psychological block from his loss of the waitress (whose name is escaping me at the moment.) I haven't seen any indication of anyone else losing their power so far.

Yeah, you're the second person to say that it could be a mental thing with Hiro, which is a very plausible explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #1003
Franklinnoble
Banned

I think it's pretty obvious that Hiro's problem is a mental block more than anything. He just wants a good excuse to carry around a sword.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #1004
Swaggs
Coordinator

I enjoyed it again, but I thought there was some really bad acting in the cop's storyline.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #1005
Izulde
Head Coach

One of my friends suggested the idea that Linderman is one behind the HRG guy.

He pointed out that Linderman is involved with just about everything it seems, collects Issac's paintings and all these artifacts.

It's an interesting theory and I'm curious to see what FOFC thinks about it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #1006
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

He pointed out that Linderman is involved with just about everything it seems, collects Issac's paintings and all these artifacts.

That is something I had not thought of. Very possible I guess.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 AM   #1007
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I enjoyed it again, but I thought there was some really bad acting in the cop's storyline.

it's beyond bad - it's laughably inept.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 AM   #1008
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:

It'll be interesting to see how Linderman ties into the story besides his connections. Is he just a rich mafia like guy, or is he actually someone with powers as well, like the main evil guy, sort of like Magneto? I just hope the show doesn't jump the shark after Linderman is introduced.

I'm afraid once he is, the plot will go way too much on the comic book side if he is like a Magneto, or if he is just a rich powerful mafia guy, the story/plot comes to a screeching halt, and its just a bunch of people with powers standing around looking at eachother.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #1009
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Linderman ties into the story besides his connections. Is he just a rich mafia like guy, or is he actually someone with powers as well, like the main evil guy, sort of like Magneto? I just hope the show doesn't jump the shark after Linderman is introduced.

I'm afraid once he is, the plot will go way too much on the comic book side if he is like a Magneto, or if he is just a rich powerful mafia guy, the story/plot comes to a screeching halt, and its just a bunch of people with powers standing around looking at eachother.

Just curious - why would it be a bad thing if a Hero show went the route of a comic book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #1010
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
So I called the phone number. You get a recording of course, every option says operators are busy and to try later or visit the website.

There's an option to put in an access code... which I assume is the code on the back of the card HRG Guy gave to Mohinder, we'll have to wait until next week for him to look at the back of it.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #1011
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Supposedly, calling the number later produced the access code. As I said several posts back, you can also try inverting the MD5 in the web page source to get the code.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #1012
Swaggs
Coordinator

There is some info on the "contest" on the Hereos wiki page.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #1013
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Just watched it (DVR, wooot!). Nice episode. Nothing too Earth shattering, well except we have a new invisible man hero. And apparently other invisible folk can see him too (or maybe all Heroes? I'm assuming Peter unwitting absorbed his power and that's why he saw him).

I'm interested in seeing who is cast for Linderman... or if they are just going to deal with the lackeys and Linderman's identity is a continued secret. I've been harboring suspicions that Linderman is in charge of HRG's operations.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 AM   #1014
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, if you get the chance, check out the new Graphic Novels on the Heroes website. Apparently during their break they added 4 comics detailing the backstory on the newest hero (who I think will be revealed this Monday).
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #1015
spleen1015
Coordinator

Tonight's episode was kind of dull until the end. Next week's show looks like it will be a good one.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #1016
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any early bets on Claire's father?

Someone we have seen before or a new character altogether? Or Linderman?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #1017
Easy Mac

george takei
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #1018
samifan24
Pro Starter

Near the end of the show, NBC advertised that you could download an episode from NBC.com. Anyone know where I can find that link? I've looked all over NBC.com and can't find it!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #1019
Izulde
Head Coach

I want to like Parkerman's story. I really do.

But when you have the cliche` event that crops up as it does in this episode and some atrocious acting throughout the arc as we've had, it makes it really hard for me.

I do think the whole Micah-DL-Jessiki storyline is getting slightly more interesting again after hitting a lull for a while.

My favorite storyline is still the one that centers around Claire, probably because of the combination of characters and writing. Hayden P. is really doing a phenomenal job with the role in my opinion.

Interesting appearance with Hiro's dad in this episode. It'll be fun seeing where the Hiro/Ando line goes.

Not sure how I feel about invisible man just yet. I know they're tapping into the whole mentor tradition (i.e. pigeons on the roof, older man, etc), but it's feeling a little bit forced in my mind right now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #1020
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I like the Invisible Man storyline. I think the way they're introducing new characters doesn't seem too forced. The problem is that they're starting to begin almost too many storylines to manage them properly. Tonight they jumped about 15-20 times over six storylines (Parkerman, Hiro, DL-Micah-Jessica/Nikki, Claire, Sylar, and Peter-Suresh-Invisible Guy-Nathan). I hope that with the addition of new characters the stories don't get too diluted.

It seemed as if they were converging, but now they're spreading out again.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #1021
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm wondering if Claire's current father isn't her real father. It would be interesting if she hid all of her actions from her dad only to have her real mom tell him Claire found her.

If it isn't him, it must be someone we haven't met yet.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #1022
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Maybe that's what'll happen, converge, then go their seperate ways. Then it starts up again. Until you have the blocks of heros and villians.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 AM   #1023
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Near the end of the show, NBC advertised that you could download an episode from NBC.com. Anyone know where I can find that link? I've looked all over NBC.com and can't find it!

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...s/heroes.shtml
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #1024
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

My guess is Nathan.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:21 AM   #1025
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Obviously I have a demented and overactive imagination, but during Claire's phone conversation with her mother, the claustrophobic camera-work was doing no justice to the mother, and I was toying with the possibility that perhaps it was actually Claire's post-op father that she was talking too. Unfortunately, the previews for next week didn't make her look half as manly, and washed away my M2F/Tranny hopes. (Yeah, I WISH that was the first time I'd written those words).
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:28 AM   #1026
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52 View Post

Thanks but I knew about those. I was hoping you could actually download the whole episodes instead of just streaming them.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #1027
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
My guess is Nathan.

Does anybody read the comic books they put out on the website? Am I just imagining things but didn't they have one that shows Claire's upbringing. The mother and father were abusive drunks or something? The father was your typical white trash. Novel 11 - Fathers and Daughters. That sure doesn't seem like Nathan. But here is what I am thinking and this could be a long shot, but her father is Nikki/Jessica's father.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #1028
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Does anybody read the comic books they put out on the website? Am I just imagining things but didn't they have one that shows Claire's upbringing. The mother and father were abusive drunks or something? The father was your typical white trash. Novel 11 - Fathers and Daughters. That sure doesn't seem like Nathan. But here is what I am thinking and this could be a long shot, but her father is Nikki/Jessica's father.

That was HRG's assistant's father. I can't remember her name.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #1029
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
That was HRG's assistant's father. I can't remember her name.

Eden. I know that one, there is a graphic novel about her as well. Novel 9. The one I am talking about is about Claire. Novel 11.

Last edited by gottimd : 01-30-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #1030
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
But here is what I am thinking and this could be a long shot, but her father is Nikki/Jessica's father.

Nice. That would be cool if it were true because it would tie in that storyline into the main one.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #1031
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
My guess is Nathan.

my wife guessed Nathan as well. I was leaning more toward Linderman...but I think that's doubtful considering we haven't met him yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #1032
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Nice. That would be cool if it were true because it would tie in that storyline into the main one.

Didn't Nikki/Jessica say something about his drinking caused the death of Jessica? And the Graphic Novels (if they are true to the show) show an older man, with an anger and alcohol problem. Now in the lastest preview for next week, the arm that sat down on the chair when they said something about Claire's father could be a classic "Lost" ploy, where that isn't necessarily the scene that Claire's father will be revealed.

I can see where the person sitting down could be Nathan. Question though, how long was he married to current wife and didn't he mention to Nikki/Jessica in one of the original episodes where they slept together in Vegas that he had never cheated on his wife?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #1033
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
my wife guessed Nathan as well. I was leaning more toward Linderman...but I think that's doubtful considering we haven't met him yet.

I don't think they even have casted that character yet. I think it is too early in the plot line to introduce him. Keep the fans guessing and then maybe reveal him in the season finale. I like the way the show switches up tag lines.

"Save the Cheerleader-Save the World" to "Are you on the list?". I'm sure Linderman will be the next tagline. Something like "Are you him?" or "Who is Linderman?"
Old 01-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #1034
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I liked the [whisper]save the cheerleader...save the world[/whisper] a lot better than the current "Are you on the list?" tagline.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #1035
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
I want to like Parkerman's story. I really do.

But when you have the cliche` event that crops up as it does in this episode and some atrocious acting throughout the arc as we've had, it makes it really hard for me.

it's almost like a different show. the acting from Parkman, his wife, and that FBI chick are simply horrendous, made worse by lousy writing and even awful direction (it doesn't seem like any actor has been told how to deal with the thought reading, because they all have completely different timing). tack on the fact that the cop stuff is so ludicrously stupid and cliched...well, if my wife would let me, I think I'd just be fastforwarding through all these scenes.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #1036
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I liked the [whisper]save the cheerleader...save the world[/whisper] a lot better than the current "Are you on the list?" tagline.

Global TV, the Canadian network that has the rights to Heroes is using simple tag lines from shows they have, playing them on a white screen for maybe 5 seconds prior to going out of commercials, with the network's logo at the bottom along with the time at which the show will be on. For example, for House, they used the line where he said "I'm complicated, chicks dig that".

For Heroes, they've been using Hiro's whisper of "How do you stop an explodin' man?". It's become my unofficial Heroes tag line and I just can't stop saying that to my wife at home.

FM
Old 01-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #1037
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Eden. I know that one, there is a graphic novel about her as well. Novel 9. The one I am talking about is about Claire. Novel 11.

That is Eden too. HRG went to tell him that Eden was dead and told Haitian to "leave the guilt".
Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #1038
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
That is Eden too. HRG went to tell him that Eden was dead and told Haitian to "leave the guilt".
I'm confused, both of these stories aren't about Eden.

Novel #9 - "Life Before Eden"
How Eden found her voice

Novel #11 - "Fathers and Daughters"
Opening description: Claire Bennet has come to an important decision in her life........

Clearly Novel #11 is not about Eden, which is the one I am referring to that shows Claires parents.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #1039
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like the Invisible Man storyline. I think the way they're introducing new characters doesn't seem too forced. The problem is that they're starting to begin almost too many storylines to manage them properly. Tonight they jumped about 15-20 times over six storylines (Parkerman, Hiro, DL-Micah-Jessica/Nikki, Claire, Sylar, and Peter-Suresh-Invisible Guy-Nathan). I hope that with the addition of new characters the stories don't get too diluted.

It seemed as if they were converging, but now they're spreading out again.

This is also my biggest concern. That being said, I still highly enjoyed last night's episode, with the last 15 minutes being great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'm wondering if Claire's current father isn't her real father. It would be interesting if she hid all of her actions from her dad only to have her real mom tell him Claire found her.

If it isn't him, it must be someone we haven't met yet.

That was also my thought. I think he is her real father and has a power of his own.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #1040
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought last night's episode was a bit dull too until the end. I guess you need that every once in a while, but things are getting a bit thin as so many plots start to diverge.

I agree with the assessment on the whole Parkman story. The writing on the show, for the most part, is pretty bad. None of the Parkman characters seem to have much of a voice of their own and aren't all that well defined. That, combined with the poor acting does make those scenes somewhat painful. Everyone in the Parkman Saga, Mohinder, Peter, and DL all sort of suffer from this.

The Niki/Jessica story has gotten better since she was in jail, though ever since the cabin in the woods it could really only go up. It will be interesting to see how the whole Niki/Jessica vs. Dr. Oprah thing shakes down, though, based on the preview, it will involve a lot of Jessica bad-assery.

Hiro and Unspecial Ando continue to be great. I am slightly skeptical about the whole George Takei thing, but I'll let that one play out.

I agree that the whole Invisible Man/mentor thing is a bit cliched, but the guy is a good actor and so far, so good. I can forgive some cliches, since this is supposed to be a comic book of sorts.

I still like the Claire story. I think they've handled it pretty well, though I am as suspicious of her "Flame On" mother as I am of Takei. Nathan is an interesting call for her father. The rolled up sleeves they showed in the preview does seem very Nathan.

I can't wait for next week. Sylar is creepy and I am glad he's out and back on the hunt.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #1041
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree with those that thought the preview looked like Nathan, which is why I strongly doubt it is him. My wife is so glad that "The Doctor" is on this show as the invisible man. She was unhappy when he wasn't back on Doctor Who.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #1042
Daimyo
College Starter

HRG guy pretty much has to have a power. I don't think they'll kill him off this early in the show and I don't see any way for a normal person to survive the situation he was in at the end of the show. Maybe he is similar to the Haitian in that he can subdue powers -- maybe physical powers as opposed to the Haitian's ability to neutralize mental powers? I guess he must have some pretty nifty survival powers since he's still alive after dealing with so many heros with destructive abilities for so long.

Last edited by Daimyo : 01-30-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #1043
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm confused, both of these stories aren't about Eden.

Novel #9 - "Life Before Eden"
How Eden found her voice

Novel #11 - "Fathers and Daughters"
Opening description: Claire Bennet has come to an important decision in her life........

Clearly Novel #11 is not about Eden, which is the one I am referring to that shows Claires parents.

Both 9 and 11 are about Eden. With 11, they just mention Claire in that little prologue.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #1044
Coop
High School JV

I think her dad will be HRG because it will be anti-climatic. heh
Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #1045
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Novel 11 was about Eden's father — it was where Mr. Bennett went to tell him about his daughter's death.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #1046
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Novel 11 was about Eden's father — it was where Mr. Bennett went to tell him about his daughter's death.
Gotcha. I saw that. Well then that throws my theory/speculation right down ye old crapper!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #1047
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I think her dad will be HRG because it will be anti-climatic. heh

I don't think it would be that anti-climatic. Claire thinks he has lied to her about everything including her birth parents. It would be interesting from an emotional standpoint how she handles it if she found out that he really was her birth Dad all this time.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #1048
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
For Heroes, they've been using Hiro's whisper of "How do you stop an explodin' man?". It's become my unofficial Heroes tag line and I just can't stop saying that to my wife at home.

FM

I like that one far more than the "list" one. I'm gonna start saying that to my wife. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #1049
KevinNU7
College Starter

Does anyone know where I can get the "next week's teaser" online? The streaming episode on nbc.com doesn't include the teaser, just ends with credits.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #1050
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I like that one far more than the "list" one. I'm gonna start saying that to my wife. Thanks!

If I used that line with my wife, she'd just roll her eyes and hand me a tissue.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote