Coordinator

Hey Honolulu_Blue ...

Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #1002
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Hey Honolulu_Blue ...

WTF? How in the hell did that kid steal my patented "Honolulu_Blue's Andreas Lilja Face"?

Does anyone know any good Canadian lawyers?

P.S. Maple Leafs, thanks. This picture is hands down going to be the best birthday present I receive all day.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 02-12-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #1003
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

OMG - HB is Abraham Lincoln!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #1004
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Happy birthday, HB.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #1005
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Happy birthday, HB.

SI

Thanks!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #1006
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Hey Honolulu_Blue ...

This picture is still making me laugh...
Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #1007
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

not a huge shocker:

Forsberg isn't coming back this year.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #1008
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Any thoughts from other markets about where Marian Hossa is going to end up? (and what Atlanta might get in return)
Old 02-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #1009
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Any thoughts from other markets about where Marian Hossa is going to end up? (and what Atlanta might get in return)

You've probably heard it now, but there are pretty big rumours with Montreal. Atlanta scouts have been watching Habs games for the last two weeks and Don Waddell has apparently met with Gainey at least twice. No confirmation that it is about Hossa, but it would certainly make sense.

Names that come up regularly are Chris Higgins, Michael Ryder, Kyle Chipchura, Matt D'Agostini, David Fischer, Alexei Emelin and obviously first round picks.

That said, there have been speculations that Atlanta could simply be watching available veterans like Ryder or Dandenault.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #1010
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Forsberg isn't coming back this year.
And the Sundin sweepstakes can officially begin...
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #1011
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Flyers called up Claude Giroux from Juniors since they have had a ton of injuries lately. He has had 100 points in each of the past two season in Juniors. This season he has 88 points in 47 games.

Claude Giroux was also known for being the midget wrestler that portrayed Dink The Clown.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #1012
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Heads up to those with Center Ice packages. Tonight's Flyers/Sens game is the first time the teams are meeting in Ottawa since the Downie/McAmmond hit.

The teams have already played in Philly, but the recent trend is that the team on the wrong end of a dirty play usually waits until they're at home before they look for payback. Could be some fireworks.

At the very least, Brian McGratton should play and get his usual pointless fight out of the way on his first shift and then sit on the bench looking mean for the rest of the game.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #1013
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Heads up to those with Center Ice packages. Tonight's Flyers/Sens game is the first time the teams are meeting in Ottawa since the Downie/McAmmond hit.

The teams have already played in Philly, but the recent trend is that the team on the wrong end of a dirty play usually waits until they're at home before they look for payback. Could be some fireworks.

At the very least, Brian McGratton should play and get his usual pointless fight out of the way on his first shift and then sit on the bench looking mean for the rest of the game.

Thanks for the head's up. I will try to get home in time to watch it.

Well, the Wings finally broke their 6 game losing streak...

I think a number of things have gone wrong with the Wings over the course of their losing streak. For some reason they really started to lose focus in their own end and suffered a number of uncharacteristic defensive lapses. They also had some goaltending issues, with Osgood playing pretty poorly and getting yanked in three out of four games, two in the first period. You add that on top of injuries to Cleary, Kronwall, and Rafalski and it just seemed a perfect mix for a slump.

I think it showed the Wings need some depth along the blueline. Kronwall has always been injury prone. Meech and Quincey are ok subs, but you cant' rely on them too heavily. The Wings will make a move to shore up the defense a bit.

They are saying that Lidstrom suffered a knee sprain (a sprained MCL) and will only be out a week. There is no talk of a concussion, but it certainly looked like he was suffering some concussion-like symptoms. If it's just a knee spain, that's fine. Any possible concussion is very worrisome, since those things can really linger for a while with no real time table for recovery.

I was very happy to see Aaron Downey take matters into his own hands. He's been great for that all year. He's exactly what you want out of an enforcer. While he lacks any sort of offensive upside, he can skate well enough, he doesn't take stupid penalties, knows when to fight, and is good enough at it.

I don't fancy the Wings' chances in the next few games. They tend to struggle in Western Canada and they will be in a bad way without their top three derfensemen (Rafalski, Lidstrom, and Kronwall).
Old 02-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #1014
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If I would've seen this early I would have told you that Downie will be scratched. He is out with a concussion.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #1015
duff88
College Prospect

I just witnessed the greatest hockey game of all time!

Watch the highlights for yourself

Just realised... I was offered tickets for 35$ to go to the Bell Centre tonight and declined because I had to study for a Math exam coming up on Friday night...

Last edited by duff88 : 02-20-2008 at 08:56 AM.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #1016
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Flyers pick up Jaroslav Modry from LA for a 3rd round pick.

Next Tuesday will be a good time...trade deadline day is a day for no work and lots of internet surfing.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #1017
Pyser
Pro Rookie

haha. the rangers.

signed,

a devils fan
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #1018
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff88 View Post
I just witnessed the greatest hockey game of all time!

So you finally caught a replay of the Wings vs. Avs march 26, 1997 game?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #1019
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Ping Honolulu_Blue...

Any truth? Possible Hossa deal?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #1020
Logan
Head Coach

Ariel Hans Fors-Klein is probably slammin.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #1021
MikeVic
Head Coach

Hahaha.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #1022
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Ping Honolulu_Blue...

His name keeps popping up around here along with the usual suspects, such as Sundin and even Jagr, but I haven't heard anything substantial beyond mere speculation. The most Hossa-to-Wings chatter I heard was a few weeks back after the Trashers thumped the Wings soundly in Detroit.

The thought is that Holland will try to land a top six forward (which Hossa would certainly fit the bill) and a depth defenseman (someone a step or two above Cory Cross, but not quite Rob Blake).

I would think that other teams would have more ammo than the Wings to make a deal for Hossa, especially since there is pretty zero chance that Wings would re-sign him after this year. Among Lidstrom ($7.5M), Datsyuk ($6.7M), and the need to clear space for Zetterberg's eventual rise to the ($7M range), there's just no way the Wings would keep Hossa.

I doubt any team who would trade for him would do so under the impression that he'd be anything more than a rental, but I have a feeling that Holland may be a little more cautious than before after getting burned a bit last year, especially on the Bertuzzi deal.

Since the Trashers are still in the thick of things, they would probably want a roster player or two. The Wings may be willing to part with a player or two. It's possible, if not likely, that the Wings will sign Darren McCarty to a contract before next Tuesday. He's been playing with Wings' AHL squad and has 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games. That may give them a little more flexibility to move current players.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #1023
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Tight race at the top of the East now.

Ottawa with 76 points, Montreal, New Jersey and Pittsburgh all at 75, after the Pens come from ahead victory vs. the Habs last night.

Oh yeah, and they'll get that Crosby guy back in another week or so. Until then Geno Malkin will just widen his lead in the scoring race.

They showed a great stat during the game, the Pens have had 4 players in the Art Ross in the past 11 years. Conversely, some members of the Original 6 haven't had one for, in some cases, like 70 years.

And bsak-- who is that bringing up the rear in the Atlantic??
Old 02-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #1024
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

And bsak-- who is that bringing up the rear in the Atlantic??

Ugh the Flyers are playing horrible. It's like watching a monkey fucking a football out there.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #1025
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Ping Honolulu_Blue...

You know, this post takes on quite a different meaning when you can actually see the link.

Damn firewall...
Old 02-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #1026
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Ugh the Flyers are playing horrible. It's like watching a monkey fucking a football out there.

Pics plz k thks
Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #1027
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Pics plz k thks

Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #1028
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Flyers grab Patrick Thoresen off of waivers from the Oilers.

Nothing earth shattering as he's a borderline 3rd/4th line player who has a nose for the puck but isn't terribly physical. Never stuck with us because we have an entire team of guys like him.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #1029
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
You know, this post takes on quite a different meaning when you can actually see the link.

Damn firewall...

ditto for me. I believe Filpulla's eyebrow has a no movement clause.

big win for the Avs last night against the Coyotes. The two teams were tied in 9th going into the game, 4 out of 8th place. The game itself was mostly a dud, with the Avs looking like they'd skate out with a 2-1 win until Derek Morris scored with 2.8 seconds left. That set the Avs up for yet another 1-goal loss. After a scoreless overtime (the futile Avs PP could not score when the Coyotes were caught with 5 men on the ice - not in a shift change, but just 5 guys playing as if it was totally normal), and it went to a shootout.

Each team went 12 deep, with lumbering Cody McLeod scoring the game winner. Both teams went pretty deep - 4 defensemen were used and at least half the 24 shooters had never scored a SO goal before (many were taking their first career attept). Crazy stuff, and a big win for the Avs, a team that got Smyth back last week, Stastny last night and, hopefully, will see Sakic return on Sunday.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #1030
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Why the hell is Pierre McGuire doing color commentary for the Pens for this game against Ottawa? Paul Steigerwald is one of the most annoying play by play guys and now with Pierre in the booth, it sounds like two ass clowns.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #1031
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If things couldnt get worse for the Flyers, they lost Mike Richards for 2 to 4 weeks with a torn hamstring.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #1032
samifan24
Pro Starter

The Bruins totally outplayed Tampa Bay last night. I was really impressed with the Bruins and how well they came back after Tampa opened the scoring and responded to each Tampa goal. The Bruins never stopped fighting and it looked like Tampa just let up.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #1033
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Good weekend for the Canes as they won two pivotal SE division games over Atlanta and Washington and the Caps lost one of their games-in-hand today against Ottawa in OT. Carolina is now up five on Washington which nullfies the two-games-in-hand advantage the Caps have.

Interestingly, since the big trade with Ottawa Carolina is 5-1-1, though the regulation L was another whipping doled out by the Devils. Ottawa is 2-2-2 since the trade. It may have been something of a rip-off for Ottawa, but clearly it sparked something for Carolina.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #1034
bbor
Pro Starter

Various sources reporting Sundin has refused to waive his no trade clause.Mccabe on the other hand has waived his NTC.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #1035
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Various sources reporting Sundin has refused to waive his no trade clause.Mccabe on the other hand has waived his NTC.

I just read that. Good on him, really. I had a hard time seeing Sundin in another uniform.

The price for Marian Hossa just sky rocketed...
Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #1036
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hat trick for Teemu tonight. He now has 11 points in 10 games, which is closer to his top form self last year, and he said tonight he no longer feels as winded or sore from playing as when he started and is approaching his normal level fitness.

And the Ducks have only lost once in those 10 games.

This is not good news for the rest of the Western Conference's Cup hopes.

Trading deadline should be interesting (although I don't expect the Ducks will do anything except perhaps a minor deal or two, or trade away some of that defense depth to clear up more cap room for next year).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #1037
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just read that. Good on him, really. I had a hard time seeing Sundin in another uniform.

The price for Marian Hossa just sky rocketed...

Yeah, I would like Sundin to remain a Leaf for life.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #1038
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hat trick for Teemu tonight. He now has 11 points in 10 games, which is closer to his top form self last year, and he said tonight he no longer feels as winded or sore from playing as when he started and is approaching his normal level fitness.

And the Ducks have only lost once in those 10 games.

This is not good news for the rest of the Western Conference's Cup hopes.

Trading deadline should be interesting (although I don't expect the Ducks will do anything except perhaps a minor deal or two, or trade away some of that defense depth to clear up more cap room for next year).

Absolutely bizarre game tonight, capped off by some of the worst officiating I have seen in quite a while. Lalime being replaced by a rookie who couldn't even stop a soft rolling puck on net, leading to Lalime being put back in and going bat shit crazy on Bertuzzi twice leading to a perfectly clean goal being disallowed for no reason. Not to mention Sharp scoring and then breaking Prongers jaw with the follow through, or Perry getting knocked silly by Wisniewski out of the play during Lalime's second hissy fit. All in all a fun game to watch, and very relieved that the Ducks got the win.

I feel really sorry for the rookie goalie the Hawks put in for the last 10 minutes of the period (#50?) He was clearly way, way out of his depth and I hope it's not the last chance he gets. Not a good goaltending situation in Chicago right now with Lalime letting in 11 in the last 2 games.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #1039
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Nice win for the Oilers over the the Avs (sorry, DD) but Ethan Moreau is done for the season...yet again...with a broken ankle. Nice. Guess that means that Sanderson will figure back into the lineup for the remainder of the season...if he's here after tomorrow.

One of these days our luck is going to turn from worse to bad...I'm eagerly anticipating that day.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #1040
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The Toronto Maple Leafs have most of their salary cap space tied up in a core group of players who are, apparently, complacent losers who have no problem playing for a last-place team that doesn't want them as long as they're comfortable and well-paid. No doubt this group of veterans is doing a fine job passing these important values on to the next generation of young players, thus ensuring that things will stay the same in Toronto for a long time.

Holy fuck I am depressed right now.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #1041
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Nice win for the Oilers over the the Avs (sorry, DD) but Ethan Moreau is done for the season...yet again...with a broken ankle. Nice. Guess that means that Sanderson will figure back into the lineup for the remainder of the season...if he's here after tomorrow.

One of these days our luck is going to turn from worse to bad...I'm eagerly anticipating that day.

yeah, we're pretty much in a tailspin - 1-5-1 in the last 7, with 3 regulation losses by 1 goal (that's killed us all year - only Florida has more 1-goal regulation losses).

Our special teams suck and our defense is really hurting without Brett Clark and Jeff Finger (on all 3 Edmonton goals, the Avs had just 1 D in position in front of the net). And we have a tough schedule the rest of the way - 14 of the final 19 games are against teams we're chasing. Not that we can beat teams below is either.

even if we did get in, we'd just be looking at getting swept by Detroit anyway.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #1042
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
The Toronto Maple Leafs have most of their salary cap space tied up in a core group of players who are, apparently, complacent losers who have no problem playing for a last-place team that doesn't want them as long as they're comfortable and well-paid. No doubt this group of veterans is doing a fine job passing these important values on to the next generation of young players, thus ensuring that things will stay the same in Toronto for a long time.

Sorry, ML. I thought I read that at least Bryan McCabe was willing to consider waving his no trade clause... So that's gotta be, uh, something?

Maybe you could just try to think about how much wearing that Maple Leaf means to all these guys. What an honor it is to play for great fans in the world and all that. These guys bleed Maple Leaf blue and white. If they aren't going to win a Cup for Toronto, they dont' want to win a Cup for anyone!

FREEEEEEDOOOOM!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #1043
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm with you! At least we can battle it out again come playoff time and be #1 and #2 in predicting the results.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #1044
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, ML. I thought I read that at least Bryan McCabe was willing to consider waving his no trade clause... So that's gotta be, uh, something?
McCabe was willing to consider a move but that seems to be off the table. He asked his wife if he was allowed, and she said no. It's well known that Roberta wears the pants in the McCabe household.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #1045
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
McCabe was willing to consider a move but that seems to be off the table. He asked his wife if he was allowed, and she said no. It's well known that Roberta wears the pants in the McCabe household.

I remember something about McCabe's wife pulling the strings in the past...

So, what do the Leafs do now? Waive everyone after the end of the season, hope some team claims them. If not, call them back up and hope some claims them at 50% of their salary? Then try to use that money to re-build?

Oh my...
Old 02-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #1046
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
yeah, we're pretty much in a tailspin - 1-5-1 in the last 7, with 3 regulation losses by 1 goal (that's killed us all year - only Florida has more 1-goal regulation losses).

Our special teams suck and our defense is really hurting without Brett Clark and Jeff Finger (on all 3 Edmonton goals, the Avs had just 1 D in position in front of the net).

Doesn't help when one of your best goal scorers can't get the handle on the puck with a wide open net with a few minutes to go. When I saw Statsny at the side of the net and Garon nowhere to be found I was already rolling my eyes waiting for the momentum-shifting late goal that we are accustomed to seeing late in just about every Oiler game.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #1047
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
So, what do the Leafs do now? Waive everyone after the end of the season, hope some team claims them. If not, call them back up and hope some claims them at 50% of their salary? Then try to use that money to re-build?
They do nothing. There's nothing they can do. They're stuck with the Loser Brigade for three more years. Then they can start the rebuilding process, which should take another three or four years. It will be 2015 before this team is back in the playoffs.

Abadon all hope, ye who enter here...
Old 02-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #1048
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Doesn't help when one of your best goal scorers can't get the handle on the puck with a wide open net with a few minutes to go. When I saw Statsny at the side of the net and Garon nowhere to be found I was already rolling my eyes waiting for the momentum-shifting late goal that we are accustomed to seeing late in just about every Oiler game.

yeah, that was a deflating play. My hands were already halfway in the air when I saw the puck bounce to him. If that had just gone to his forehand....sigh.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #1049
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm wondering if the Sabres will move Brain Campbell. After talks shut down, and news he rejected a three-deal deal just under $6 million (not even worth $5 million imo), I hope they can get something for him. It will be tough between balancing a playoff run and letting a valuable asset go without getting anything in return.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #1050
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Sens fire John Paddock.

From coaching the all-star game to fired, in less than a month. Has anyone ever managed that before, in any sport?