Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2024, 02:48 PM   #10201
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
You can go to community creations and download all the guys you know. You can even download familiar arenas and shows and such. There really isn’t a reason you couldn’t customize the game to basically any era or promotion you wanted to play.

Back when I played the game I would always download WCW arenas and the full roster and do a brand split on universe mode of mid to late 90s WCW and WWF.

Just spent an hour downloading stuff and walking down memory lane. I hate the download area in game. There is no way to search by show or name of Superstar. I did get on one creator that did a good bit of 80's WCW stuff, so got lots of stuff that way.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 04:26 PM   #10202
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Just spent an hour downloading stuff and walking down memory lane. I hate the download area in game. There is no way to search by show or name of Superstar. I did get on one creator that did a good bit of 80's WCW stuff, so got lots of stuff that way.

There is but it’s confusing. I don’t have the game in front of me but I believe it’s under hashtag. You just free type what you want there. You can’t do spaces so for instance you would type in “razorramon”
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 10:07 PM   #10203
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Pretty sure Jacob Fatu broke his leg on that splash outside. Guessing Roman was supposed to come out and even the odds instead of just help Cody win over Solo. Brutal if true, he was fun to watch.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 10:12 PM   #10204
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Pretty sure Jacob Fatu broke his leg on that splash outside. Guessing Roman was supposed to come out and even the odds instead of just help Cody win over Solo. Brutal if true, he was fun to watch.

But fans tweeting say he seemed to be fine when he joined Solo afterwards.

Either he's the greatest actor in recent wrestling history OR he got hurt/thought he was hurt.
Old 08-03-2024, 10:30 PM   #10205
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
But fans tweeting say he seemed to be fine when he joined Solo afterwards.

Either he's the greatest actor in recent wrestling history OR he got hurt/thought he was hurt.

Interesting. Hope you're right. It seemed weird he would do the splash and then just sort of be out of the match. And you would think Roman would come out to even the odds instead of just interfere. Although maybe they think so highly of Fatu that they're setting him up for Roman.

Here's a video of him heading to the back. Not sure what to make of that. I just thought the ending was a little odd.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 12:00 PM   #10206
GrantDawg

Quote:
There is but it’s confusing. I don’t have the game in front of me but I believe it’s under hashtag. You just free type what you want there. You can’t do spaces so for instance you would type in “razorramon”

I noticed the hashtags, but I still didn't see what I was looking for there. This game is so massive and confusing, and I'm trying to watch videos just to learn the different modes. That isn't helping. I can't find anybody that can just straight forward explain stuff. It seems like none of the creators can finish a thought while describing things, and so much of the terminology is alien to me, and no one says what any of it means. They just assume you know what they are talking about. It reminds me so much of NBA 2k creators that spend more time talking about tennis shoes and hair styles on the players instead of the actual gameplay you are trying to learn about.
Old 08-04-2024, 02:10 PM   #10207
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I noticed the hashtags, but I still didn't see what I was looking for there. This game is so massive and confusing, and I'm trying to watch videos just to learn the different modes. That isn't helping. I can't find anybody that can just straight forward explain stuff. It seems like none of the creators can finish a thought while describing things, and so much of the terminology is alien to me, and no one says what any of it means. They just assume you know what they are talking about. It reminds me so much of NBA 2k creators that spend more time talking about tennis shoes and hair styles on the players instead of the actual gameplay you are trying to learn about.

You go to hashtags and free type in what you want. You don’t use an existing hashtag. You type in what you are looking for. Hashtags is a stupid name for it. It should just say search.
Old 08-04-2024, 07:13 PM   #10208
GrantDawg

I don't want to take this thread over, but I'm addicted to this stupid game. Made a universe with 80-90's WCW, Mid-South Wrestling, and the WFW. Far from perfect, but it is still really cool to watch Dusty Rhodes wrestle Rick Flair, Ivan and Nikita Koloff fighting the Von Erichs, and Abdullah the Butcher and the Iron Sheik back at it. I spent way too long downloading stuff, and I can see myself doing hours more adjusting things again and again.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-04-2024 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2024, 08:32 PM   #10209
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I assume you were able to figure out how to search the way you wanted to? If you are still just searching how you were by scrolling through individual creators creations send me a PM and we can connect on discord and I can get you settled tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2024, 02:23 PM   #10210
GrantDawg

Quote:
I assume you were able to figure out how to search the way you wanted to? If you are still just searching how you were by scrolling through individual creators creations send me a PM and we can connect on discord and I can get you settled tomorrow.

I did figure it out, but do you know what I need? A breakdown of terminology for dummies, like how the PLE system is set up? What the heck is Money In The Bank? What's a Cash-in? I'm talking the business side, I get the wrestling. It is funny how many of the same moves they still do, but many have different names now.
Old 08-05-2024, 02:58 PM   #10211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did figure it out, but do you know what I need? A breakdown of terminology for dummies, like how the PLE system is set up? What the heck is Money In The Bank? What's a Cash-in? I'm talking the business side, I get the wrestling. It is funny how many of the same moves they still do, but many have different names now.

MITB is an annual PLE, runs in early July usually I think

The event is named after the Money in the Bank ladder match, a multi-person ladder match in which participants compete to obtain a briefcase that contains a contract for a championship match, which can be "cashed in" at a time and place of their choosing within the next year.

Typically the holder of the briefcase will come sprinting to the ring at some point on another show, when a champion is thoroughly beaten down from a match that is ending/has ended, they hand the briefcase over to the ref, formally "cashing in the briefcase". A new match begins with the bell ringing and the MITB holder presumably picking the bones of a near dead champ to claim the title

edit to add: it was originally a monthly PPV that ran somewhere between one of the big four, but Wiki notes that it's now considered part of "the five tentpoles", elevated by a remark using that phrase made by Nick Khan back in 2021.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-05-2024 at 02:59 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 03:08 PM   #10212
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
MITB is an annual PLE, runs in early July usually I think

The event is named after the Money in the Bank ladder match, a multi-person ladder match in which participants compete to obtain a briefcase that contains a contract for a championship match, which can be "cashed in" at a time and place of their choosing within the next year.

Typically the holder of the briefcase will come sprinting to the ring at some point on another show, when a champion is thoroughly beaten down from a match that is ending/has ended, they hand the briefcase over to the ref, formally "cashing in the briefcase". A new match begins with the bell ringing and the MITB holder presumably picking the bones of a near dead champ to claim the title

edit to add: it was originally a monthly PPV that ran somewhere between one of the big four, but Wiki notes that it's now considered part of "the five tentpoles", elevated by a remark using that phrase made by Nick Khan back in 2021.

Thanks. Interesting. I can only imagine the shenanigans Ric Flair would have pulled with that back in the day.
Old 08-08-2024, 01:45 AM   #10213
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Still 2 (3?) days behind on G1, Takeshita vs Goto was a solid banger. And I'm starting to believe that the Goto pop is real for a bit.

But I've watched that wondering how in the fuck AEW can't find consistent airtime for a guy who has the skill set Takeshita has. Solid offense, willing to bump his ass off for people, a great look, easy to dislike (in character sense).
Old 08-09-2024, 12:20 PM   #10214
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kevin Sullivan passes away | WWE

My first vivid wrestling memory was Kevin Sullivan as the Prince of Darkness leading the Army of Darkness throwing ink in Dusty Rhodes' sister face.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #10215
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fun stuff at MLW show last night. First pro wrestling show for me in a little bit, the chance to see a half dozen guys from NJPW (and CMLL's Mistico) was too much to pass up.

Having been to Center Stage for a few shows now, here's a fun little tip in case you go: arrive early enough to park in the deck beneath the venue.

See, that's where the wrestlers park, and you never know who you might run into (or in the case of Chris Sabin, get run into BY lol). So I wasn't entirely shocked to see four of them while leaving last night, including a quick minute with Matt Riddle and a few pretty cool minutes with a super nice & super gracious Bill Alfonso (of ECW fame).