Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #10051
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
drivers license came this week. shaved head. denim shirt. flash washes out all skin color. it looks like i just got out of the klink and am on my way to meet up with the rest of the aryan brotherhood.

if i ever do commit a crime the news will have a great pic to run with.

Yes, but, if comes to that...please, please, please, pull out a $2 dollar bill and start crying.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #10052
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yeah it's disturbing. deathly pale. caught me mid chomp chewing gum so it looks like i'm gritting my teeth. less white power bill more bad disposition powder
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #10053
JediKooter
Coordinator

You should get outside more often.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #10054
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i live my life in shadows and darkness.

like batman... or a mushroom
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #10055
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
i live my life in shadows and darkness.

like batman... or a mushroom

Wait...you're not goth?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #10056
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

that's not age appropriate (i'm looking at you pauley perrete)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #10057
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Printing off the study guide for me precalc final. Seventeen pages and we even have a test for the final chapter all of two days before it since it's an 8 week class.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #10058
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
that's not age appropriate (i'm looking at you pauley perrete)

Admit it, you'd hit it.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #10059
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

our children would be translucent.

in non-pigment related news, ghost hunters was at the fort near my house. a fact that delighted my mother and led to an hour long phone call as it's her favorite show and i've spent a bunch of time there (i really like it there. dunno why. maybe i'm subconsciously evaluating its habitable prospects for the apocalypse) but i've never seen any ghosts.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #10060
korme
Go Reds

Being off today and home alone, I feel like I could do anything. Or nothing at all. I can't decide what sounds better.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #10061
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Being off today and home alone, I feel like I could do anything. Or nothing at all. I can't decide what sounds better.

It's 4 PM Eastern. I think you've decided.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #10062
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
our children would be translucent.

in non-pigment related news, ghost hunters was at the fort near my house. a fact that delighted my mother and led to an hour long phone call as it's her favorite show and i've spent a bunch of time there (i really like it there. dunno why. maybe i'm subconsciously evaluating its habitable prospects for the apocalypse) but i've never seen any ghosts.

Maybe they are confusing you with the ghosts when you visit?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #10063
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's 4 PM Eastern. I think you've decided.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #10064
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

stanley kubrick said something like, 'all ghost stories are ultimately optimistic because they posit the basic suggestion that we survive death.'

i'm convinced that's the underlying truth in people's fascination with ghost stories and the supernatural.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #10065
Grover
Pro Starter

hey fractions, fuck you.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #10066
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
stanley kubrick said something like, 'all ghost stories are ultimately optimistic because they posit the basic suggestion that we survive death.'

i'm convinced that's the underlying truth in people's fascination with ghost stories and the supernatural.

Similar to the thought of going to heaven, because folks don't want to believe that death is the end.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #10067
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes indeed. Since death, is pretty much, a rather boring event for the person who has died.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #10068
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
hey fractions, fuck you.

? I'm pretty good with arithmetic, if you need something.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #10069
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
? I'm pretty good with arithmetic, if you need something.

Thanks.

I worked through it. Word problems + fractions are not my friends.

I suppose it's a good thing I'm taking this 020 level math course as a refresher after all, ugh.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #10070
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Kissed that 4.0 good bye in my precalc class. I can still crank out the last test and final to solidify a 3.5, but was kind of hoping for straight 4.0 this semester. Second test where I just drew blanks on something and this time the questions totaled for more than 20% of the grade. I went for as much partial credit as possible, but that's a 2.5 at best. I had just over a 90% up to that point.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #10071
PilotMan
Head Coach

MLB.com's gamecast kicks ESPN Gamecast's ass.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10072
Grover
Pro Starter

Had a math quiz today over two chapters of material.

Professor no-showed.

Awesome.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #10073
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

My only exam so far this semester was horrible. I studied completely wrong. When I handed it in the prof says "Piece of cake, huh?" with a grin. I had no idea if I even passed.

Turned out I got the high grade on it. It was on a curve, so I actually got an A+
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #10074
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
My only exam so far this semester was horrible. I studied completely wrong. When I handed it in the prof says "Piece of cake, huh?" with a grin. I had no idea if I even passed.

Turned out I got the high grade on it. It was on a curve, so I actually got an A+

Had a pretty good, pat myself on the back, morning as well.

In my first semester of Nursing school. Had a midterm on Monday. Been constantly hearing how nursing exams are "different."

The questions are worded "different."

"Can't really explain how they are different, you just have to see."

Whatever the fuck that all means.

Anyways, I freak out over exams usually because I procrastinate and then it gets to be, "OH FUCK, EXAM IN TWO DAYS AND I HAVEN'T TOUCHED SHIT AJAFADF!" A girl I studied with who was A LOT more comfortable with the material going into the exam texted me this morning saying the grades were posted and she got an 80. Got a little nervous since she was more prepared, so I expected to do worse. Also, you need a 75 or better to pass. I hopped on and got a... 92 (Still a fucking B. Screw nursing school grading scales). Not sure how I pulled that off.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 10-10-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #10075
Radii
Head Coach

My cat is 11 years old. A little fat but has otherwise avoided any health concern to date. Every night for the last 11 years that I've been at home (wherever home happened to be at the time), I settle in to bed, and within a minute Dean jumps up on the bed with me and lays on my arm or by my side. He purrs, LOUD. You can hear it from anywhere in the same room clearly, and maybe from a room away if its really quite otherwise. Every single night for 11 years.

Last Wednesday he tosses up a lovely hairball, does it again Thursday. Ok, time to pay more attention brushing him, poor guy. While brushing him I find the little flecks of shit that fleas leave behind. Dean has never had fleas, he's strictly indoor but other animals in the house are not. Oh well, I'll take care of that the next day. That night, no purring at bedtime from the cat. He let me pet him, he fell asleep in the same spot as always, but no purr for the first time in 11 years. Instant worry.

Next day I give him the flea stuff. I'm looking him over closely and notice he's licked/chewed some of the fur off his front legs... never seen that before. He's also licked a lot of fur off on his right side near the back leg, in pretty short order. I google enough to feel confident that I don't need to rush him to the emergency vet. I need to give it a few days for the flea stuff to work and if he isn't back to normal after that, its vet time.

Few days go by and it sucks. Dean won't purr, and half the tie I touch him at all it sends him off in a fit of licking and biting and some crazy aggressive grooming. Earlier today he comes up to the chair at my desk and has the most pitiful cry and I imagine he's coming to me to make him feel better but I can't and it feels tragic and I know I have to go to the vet and I hope its just a skin condition but he is an 11 year old fat cat so it could be anything at all and the last few days I've been truly bummed because something is clearly wrong with this animal that i love and I can't make it better.

So tonight, he hops up on the bed, sits down and purrs, loud enough for my sister to hear in the living room. I dropped my laptop and hugged him, all of this fear about all the worst possible thing that might be wrong with Dean all instantly disappear in a giant moment of relief.

Might have to take him to the vet if the obsessive grooming doesn't stop, but at least now my mindset is "well something isn't perfect" instead of "something is clearly horribly wrong there may be no limit to how bad this is".

I assume I sound like a madman here, but if I'm destined to be a crazy old cat dude, I'm good with that.

Last edited by Radii : 10-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #10076
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Scoob... Sweet!

Radii... sounds like he had an allergic reaction to the flea stuff.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #10077
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

This was weird...

I get up a little before 6am & there is a voicemail on my phone. No missed call though. The call is a woman saying they got my resume and want to schedule an interview. I have never heard of the guy she says that wants to interview me, so I hit google. Turns out to be a financial advisement firm that the search turned up two addresses & one review that was just saying it's a ripoff.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #10078
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Radii. Did you give him dog flea meds by accident? I'd consider washing him with soap to get rid of the chemicals(or at least look for a reaction site)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #10079
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
MLB.com's gamecast kicks ESPN Gamecast's ass.

Agreed 100%. It's even better if you have MLB Audio because the player is embedded. However, I've had a problem since getting my new laptop where I have a resolution that it won't resize to and part of it is cut off at the bottom, which is annoying.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #10080
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I love that the giant purr that you can hear throughout the entire house means everything is all right

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #10081
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Radii. Did you give him dog flea meds by accident? I'd consider washing him with soap to get rid of the chemicals(or at least look for a reaction site)

In my delirium of trying to type that up at 4:45am I must have put that out there out of order. The losing fur in a couple spots from licking so much was something I noticed the same day I gave him the flea meds, but it came first. Definitely adult cat Frontline. So I'm *hoping* that behavior was just stress induced from having fleas for the first time ever and ridding of fleas fixes everything. I'm still keeping a close eye on him though and we'll go to the vet if everything isn't completely back to normal.

Last edited by Radii : 10-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #10082
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Radii - A while back my kitty had something somewhat similar. We consulted the vet and they chalked it up to something similar to what you just said...stress induced from moving/fleas/other cats/etc. Within a month he was his usual, cuddly, purring self.

Best of luck in getting your purr-monster back to normal. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #10083
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Once had a cat who pretty much went totally psycho because of fleas.

Even after both she & the house were de-fleaed, she spent a couple of months basically trying to navigate the house by jumping from one piece of furniture to the next. And she never again -- we're talking years here -- stepped foot on a dining room rug that was particularly infested.

It can make 'em nuts. As can a bad experience with the flea meds, I don't think they have to be technically allegeric to it to have a negative reaction. Some cats are simply sensitive to it (rather than outright allergic).
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #10084
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Tarantino XX: 8-Film Collection, 20 Years of Quentin Tarantino Films

Tarantino fans rejoice. It looks like even True Romance made it.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #10085
Dutch
"Dutch"

Damn, bought True Romance and Pulp Fiction on Blu-Ray just this month!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #10086
Grover
Pro Starter

my DirecTV box is dead. Cool, dude.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #10087
molson
General Manager

I just watched a clip of the Hulk Hogan sex tape. He says "thank you" to her at the end when he leaves. That's class.

Also, why the hell did I watch that?

Last edited by molson : 10-12-2012 at 12:07 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #10088
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I just watched a clip of the Hulk Hogan sex tape. He says "thank you" to her at the end when he leaves. That's class.

Also, why the hell did I watch that?

Did you watch the 1 minute clip from Deadspin?

I found it humorous.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #10089
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Did you watch the 1 minute clip from Deadspin?

I found it humorous.

Ya. I was amused how much he sounded like he does when he's doing a promo. I don't know what I expected, but, that voice is funny in that context.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #10090
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

ok, this is random but it's always bugged me. in cormac mccarthy's 'the road' the wife kills herself 'with a flake of obsidian"

so... she ingests it and dies from internal bleeding? does she slit a vein with it? anyone know?

(i googled. bubkus)
Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #10091
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm assuming she cuts her wrists. Obsidian is sharper than steel.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #10092
booradley
High School Varsity

I don't think koalas are cute. There, I said it.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #10093
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
I don't think koalas are cute. There, I said it.

Fortunately your opinion matters little and cannot overcome simple fact.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #10094
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #10095
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That might have to be my new desktop wallpaper. Have to see if I can photoshop myself in there.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #10096
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I can't decide if I should buy a nice down comforter for the winter. Never had one before but I have a feeling I'd like it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #10097
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I can't decide if I should buy a nice down comforter for the winter. Never had one before but I have a feeling I'd like it.

get a snuggie
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #10098
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
get a snuggie

If they're good enough for Chewbacca...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32172_n.jpg (44.8 KB, 250 views)

Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #10099
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Here Comes the Boom-

I tried to warn all of you about Kevin James.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #10100
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I really want to hear a game called by the following broadcast team:

Play-by-play: Steven Wright

Color: Gilbert Gottfried.