Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2018, 07:56 AM   #9951
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting. I never really thought about it but my initial reaction is I'm actually okay with a "homeowner" not wanting to sell his/her house to anyone they don't like.

I don't think Rohrabacher was saying realtors should discriminate, I think he was saying the private homeowner has a right to discriminate?

Also, there shouldn't be a price difference based on whatever, that would be bad.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Rohrabacher Says It’s OK to Not Sell Homes to Gay People
Quote:
Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher lost the support of a national Realtors group after he said they should be allowed to refuse to sell houses to lesbian and gay people.

Rohrabacher made the comments to an Orange County Association of Realtors delegation in Washington, the Orange County Register reported.

“Every homeowner should be able to make a decision not to sell their home to someone [if] they don’t agree with their lifestyle,” he said, according to Wayne Woodyard, a former Orange County Realtor president who attended the event.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-26-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #9952
digamma
Torchbearer

California has a state law that prevents discrimination in home sales, including in a FSBO context. Sexual orientation is a protected class under that law.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #9953
miami_fan
Coordinator

We are now debating the pros and cons of housing discrimination?

Okay.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #9954
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
California has a state law that prevents discrimination in home sales, including in a FSBO context. Sexual orientation is a protected class under that law.

And a violation of part of the Civil Rights act-the Fair Housing Act:

The Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) introduced meaningful federal enforcement mechanisms. It outlaws: Refusal to sell or rent a dwelling to any person because of race, color, disability, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #9955
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Interesting. I never really thought about it but my initial reaction is I'm actually okay with a "homeowner" not wanting to sell his/her house to anyone they don't like.

I don't think Rohrabacher was saying realtors should discriminate, I think he was saying the private homeowner has a right to discriminate?

Even if we didn't look at his other views, we can see in this very article you linked where he said that he's opposed to letting homeowners refuse to sell on the basis of race, but he's okay with them doing on the basis of sexual orientation. So it's not about the right to sell to whoever you want, because he's already agreed that you shouldn't be able to do that.

But then we only need to look at his voting record and past statements to see he's against gays in the military, gay marriage, and gay adoption.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #9956
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm not a realtor and don't claim to understand the nuances of the law. Is it true that sexual preference is only protected in 14 states and it is "legal" to discriminate in the other 36?

https://www.justia.com/real-estate/d...iscrimination/
Quote:
The Fair Housing Act

The Fair Housing Act prohibits property owners, financial institutions and landlords from discriminating against prospective tenants or buyers on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability. Discrimination under the Fair Housing Act may take many different forms. Types of prohibited discrimination include:
:
:
State Anti-Discrimination Statutes

The Fair Housing Act does not cover all types of discrimination or all forms of housing. For example, the Act does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, marital status or sexual orientation. Additionally, the Act does not cover some smaller apartment buildings, single family housing sold or rented without a broker, or housing operated by organizations that limit occupancy to their own members.

Most states have enacted legislation that provides additional protection against housing discrimination. For example, fourteen states have enacted statutes prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Violations of state fair housing laws should be reported to the appropriate state agency.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #9957
jct32
Mascot

I don't understand why this is even a conversation. Sell your home to whoever will buy it. Doesn't make any sense.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #9958
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think it's time for the Donald Trump method of news and blame commentary.

Let's start with the 23rd school shooting this year.

"Donald Trump is directly responsible for not keeping our children safe! He's out getting paid by Russians when he should be in schools shielding our children from bullets! EASY TO DO!"

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #9959
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Weird thing is Rohrabacher is a closeted gay man. It's like one of the worst kept secrets in OC. He married his campaign manager awhile back when rumors were at it's peak (this was around the time Mark Foley was caught).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #9960
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Weird thing is Rohrabacher is a closeted gay man. It's like one of the worst kept secrets in OC. He married his campaign manager awhile back when rumors were at it's peak (this was around the time Mark Foley was caught).

At this point I just assume anyone over the top anti-homosexuals is actually gay themselves.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:59 PM   #9961
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
I don't understand why this is even a conversation. Sell your home to whoever will buy it. Doesn't make any sense.

Its not the selling to whoever will buy it that is the problem/question.

Its not selling it to who you don't want to sell it to.

Is that discriminatory (yes) but is it legal to be discriminatory when you are selling your house yourself.

Apparently, from what I've been able to gather, you cannot be discriminatory based on "race, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability" but "age, marital status or sexual orientation" is not always protected.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #9962
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not a realtor and don't claim to understand the nuances of the law. Is it true that sexual preference is only protected in 14 states and it is "legal" to discriminate in the other 36?

Sexuality is not a protected class under the U.S. constitution. The Obama administration interpreted various civil rights legislation as covering sexuality under existing provisions prohibiting discrimination by "sex", but, presumably that hasn't continued under the current administration. So ya, in my state, you can fire people for being gay, refuse to sell to a gay person, whatever. Every year there's an "add the words" legislative push (to add sexual preference, sexual identity, etc) to the state's discrimination statute, but it hasn't passed yet. The City of Boise has passed such an ordinance, but, that's really more a matter of policy because obviously they can't conflict with state law, and, it's unclear who exactly can be prosecuted/sued under it.

Last edited by molson : 05-26-2018 at 07:04 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #9963
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Trump tweeting out an attack on the New York Times about using "phony sources" in an article about the summit with North Korea. The problem? the source was a member of the White House Staff giving a normal background briefing to reporters. Several reporters were there and there's audio of the "phony source" giving the briefing:

Trump slaps 'phony' label on aide's comments in White House-arranged call - POLITICO
Old 05-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #9964
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

Or it means that, as with many laws and statutes in the US and elsewhere, people/lawmakers haven't bothered to update stuff that is outdated, often by centuries.

If you publicly put a price tag on something, you should not be allowed to refuse to sell it on any grounds other than "does not provide payment".
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-26-2018 at 09:35 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #9965
Edward64
Head Coach

I think the problem right now is the press and Dems are reacting to Trump and not being proactive. Can't blame the press but I don't see the Dems doing anything other than -- hope and pray Mueller comes out with something incriminating "enough" and pray/assume they will win back the House.

The former likely won't happen as the public has been desensitized and the GOP seems to be sticking with Trump. Unless there is literally a smoking gun, Mueller's report won't do much. The latter is not a sure thing at all. Nothing seems to be sticking ... where is the Stormy Daniels story now? So what about Cohen? Where are all the other countless stories about Trump? Did any of them make a difference?

None that I've seen (or not yet), there's too many of them.

I think the Dems need to fight dirty, be petty, sarcastic, lie etc. like Trump and make him react to them. I would love if the Dems came up with some "phrases/names" to describe Trump, consistently use it, and rally their base. Doesn't need to be the truth, just needs to egg him on like he does to Dems.

Something like "husband of cuckold Melania" (you get the idea, get down to his level), dig up some dirt on him like his tax return (hire someone to hack into Trump international), find out if Melania cheated on him (likely I would think) etc. Something that will make him furious vs same old stuff.

With that all said ... I do like some of Trump's foreign policy and support immigration reform (and the Wall). I do like the Tax reform he passed.

However, I would love to see him replaced in 2020. One thing for sure, it will never be politics as usual. Trump presidency and the precedence's set will reverberate for the rest of my lifetime.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-26-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #9966
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ivanka is going to campaign for Devin Nunes next month. I'm sure that will help
Old 05-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #9967
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Or it means that, as with many laws and statutes in the US and elsewhere, people/lawmakers haven't bothered to update stuff that is outdated, often by centuries.

If you publicly put a price tag on something, you should not be allowed to refuse to sell it on any grounds other than "does not provide payment".

Specifically about real estate, don't disagree about outdated laws and statutes. But they are what they are, it does seem that I can legally discriminate to a certain degree in approx 36 states. I think I tend to lean towards individual right to do or not do something. It may be my loss for not closing the deal but its my property and my individual choice.

Your statement about publicly putting a price tag on "something" (e.g. let's say other than real estate) and have to sell it doesn't resonate with me.

Using an admittedly extreme example, I would not do a private sale of my pistol/rifle to someone I don't have a good feel for (e.g. does he look angry at the moment, does he look like a meth head etc.)
Old 05-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #9968
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ivanka is going to campaign for Devin Nunes next month. I'm sure that will help

Hmmm, I think consistently and frequently using "Melania the cuckold" or "Lusting after Ivanka" will get the reaction.

Trump's base of 36-42% will stick with him and the Dem's will never win them over. Some of Dem's base will be disgusted with the tactic but I think most will understand and besides, what alternative do they have if they want to get rid of Trump.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-26-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:17 AM   #9969
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The gays moved into the neighborhood and trashed the property values said no sane person ever
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #9970
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I think the problem right now is the press and Dems are reacting to Trump and not being proactive. Can't blame the press but I don't see the Dems doing anything other than -- hope and pray Mueller comes out with something incriminating "enough" and pray/assume they will win back the House.

The former likely won't happen as the public has been desensitized and the GOP seems to be sticking with Trump. Unless there is literally a smoking gun, Mueller's report won't do much. The latter is not a sure thing at all. Nothing seems to be sticking ... where is the Stormy Daniels story now? So what about Cohen? Where are all the other countless stories about Trump? Did any of them make a difference?

None that I've seen (or not yet), there's too many of them.

I think the Dems need to fight dirty, be petty, sarcastic, lie etc. like Trump and make him react to them. I would love if the Dems came up with some "phrases/names" to describe Trump, consistently use it, and rally their base. Doesn't need to be the truth, just needs to egg him on like he does to Dems.

Something like "husband of cuckold Melania" (you get the idea, get down to his level), dig up some dirt on him like his tax return (hire someone to hack into Trump international), find out if Melania cheated on him (likely I would think) etc. Something that will make him furious vs same old stuff.

With that all said ... I do like some of Trump's foreign policy and support immigration reform (and the Wall). I do like the Tax reform he passed.

However, I would love to see him replaced in 2020. One thing for sure, it will never be politics as usual. Trump presidency and the precedence's set will reverberate for the rest of my lifetime.

Dems have been focusing on the local races and primaries. Not much they can do on a national stage because they don't control anything. They're out there fighting and clawing, but TRUMP dominates everything right now. Even dominates the Repubs as well.

I'm not sure getting down in the mud with Trump really solves anything. While his base sticks with him...his base is only 36-42% of the country. Leaves a lot of people out there that aren't his base. Basically means that you win by getting people out to vote that don't like Trump.

Dems have been doing great in the special elections and, while I agree that the House isn't a sure thing, if they continue to push locally and get people out to vote, I think they'll take it. Senate is a different animal just because of the map this year, but you never know. Main thing is taking back the House and getting back in the picture.

2020 is a ways away so there's no need to go at Trump yet. He's got his hands full anyway and continues to dig his own grave. Let him do it, get a good, solid candidate to run against Trump, somebody that isn't full of drama and take back control.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #9971
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

Your statement about publicly putting a price tag on "something" (e.g. let's say other than real estate) and have to sell it doesn't resonate with me.

Using an admittedly extreme example, I would not do a private sale of my pistol/rifle to someone I don't have a good feel for (e.g. does he look angry at the moment, does he look like a meth head etc.)

You honestly don't get the point or how discrimination has nothing to do with your counter-example ? OK, then.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-27-2018 at 10:06 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #9972
kingfc22
Head Coach

SpyGate. Lol. Just keep saying it over and over again Rudy. That will definitely make it true.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #9973
jct32
Mascot

Quote:
Its not the selling to whoever will buy it that is the problem/question.

Its not selling it to who you don't want to sell it to.

Is that discriminatory (yes) but is it legal to be discriminatory when you are selling your house yourself.

Apparently, from what I've been able to gather, you cannot be discriminatory based on "race, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability" but "age, marital status or sexual orientation" is not always protected.

I just can’t fathom how people do this. It doesn’t matter who you sell it to. Cash is cash whether it comes from homosexual or heterosexual people.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #9974
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
You honestly don't get the point or how discrimination has nothing to do with your counter-example ? OK, then.

I guess that's how miscommunications occur when people use absolutes in their statements. I'll try to read between the lines to determine intent next time.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #9975
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
I just can’t fathom how people do this. It doesn’t matter who you sell it to. Cash is cash whether it comes from homosexual or heterosexual people.

I think I agree with you in the context of sexual preference and "cash", and thank you for not using an all encompassing absolute statement.

However, there are examples of other situations that some people may say should not discriminate which I think are okay.

e.g. If a Catholic church does not want to "marry" a homosexual couple, I think that is okay. The key problem is civil unions are not equivalent to marriage (e.g. taxes, benefits etc.) but that is a different problem, it is not the Catholic church's issue IMO

(Or are you saying all forms of discrimination should not happen at all?)
Old 05-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #9976
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

yuck
Old 05-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #9977
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

yuck

Nice!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #9978
jct32
Mascot

Quote:
I think I agree with you in the context of sexual preference and "cash", and thank you for not using an all encompassing absolute statement.

However, there are examples of other situations that some people may say should not discriminate which I think are okay.

e.g. If a Catholic church does not want to "marry" a homosexual couple, I think that is okay. The key problem is civil unions are not equivalent to marriage (e.g. taxes, benefits etc.) but that is a different problem, it is not the Catholic church's issue IMO

(Or are you saying all forms of discrimination should not happen at all?)

Ideally, there should be no discrimination. This turns into a crazy gray area quickly in all cases if you break it down.

I can understand a religious organization not wanting to perform a homosexual marriage because it is against their beliefs. However, not too long ago people weren't tolerating of interracial marriages at all. I wasn't alive at the time when this was a major issue but I could see this same type of thing happening to them. This argument gets further complicated because there are people who argue that homosexuality is a choice, mostly those who oppose it, while those who are homosexual mostly feel it is innate. So now you are "discriminating" against someone who believes it is something that they were born with. That can be viewed as discrimination and everything turns into a gray area quickly.

However, I think that on a business side there should be no discrimination. A great example of this was the bakery in Colorado who got sued for not making a cake for a homosexual couple. They went through so much trouble trying to make a stand and they honestly should have just made the cake and let it be over.

So I don't understand denying people service based on your religious views when you are a public business. It doesn't make sense to me at all.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #9979
Thomkal
Head Coach

So all about him no matter what day or occasion. Got it. Love how much grief the people are giving him in the comments for it.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #9980
Thomkal
Head Coach

And then he followed that up with three quotes from Johnathan Turley criticizing Obama and Sally Yates.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #9981
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

If you wonder why ZTE is no longer a threat to national security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/b...rademarks.html
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #9982
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If you wonder why ZTE is no longer a threat to national security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/28/b...rademarks.html

It's cute how they label it as a coincidence.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #9983
Thomkal
Head Coach

Greitens (Missouri governor) and Roseanne gone on the same day.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #9984
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just leaving this here for when Trump makes her a liar at some point in the next 24 hours. Because we all know how focused he remains at all times on the important things in this country. (And to be fair, the media should have many more important questions to ask than this as well)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (59.3 KB, 106 views)
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #9985
Thomkal
Head Coach

Prosecutors in the Michael Cohen case will get over 1 million items to use in their case (so far) after the Special Master in the case ruled 200+ items only as privileged or personal.

Cohen Prosecutors to Get Seized Phone Data by Wednesday - Bloomberg

And if you scroll down after that article there's another article about Paul Manafort losing another court battle-this time over wanting to see redacted affidavits.

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-29-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:52 PM   #9986
Thomkal
Head Coach

Michael Avenatti is at it again. He's revealed how the Wall Street Journal (owned by Murdoch) sat on the story about Trump's mistresses for 16 months and is using the same informant-Keith Davidson, Stormy Daniels first lawyer to smear him:

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...s-trump-2018-5
Old 05-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #9987
Thomkal
Head Coach

TMZ also now caught up in trying to protect Trump too:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Old 05-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #9988
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Michael Avenatti is at it again. He's revealed how the Wall Street Journal (owned by Murdoch) sat on the story about Trump's mistresses for 16 months and is using the same informant-Keith Davidson, Stormy Daniels first lawyer to smear him:

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...s-trump-2018-5

I'm sure Avenatti isn't all clean but I'm rooting for him. Unfortunately, Melania seems to have somewhat "forgiven" Trump about Stormy so don't really see much impact overall other than embarrassment.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:38 PM   #9989
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm sure Avenatti isn't all clean but I'm rooting for him. Unfortunately, Melania seems to have somewhat "forgiven" Trump about Stormy so don't really see much impact overall other than embarrassment.

Well maybe maybe not. There's rumors on twitter tonight started by Tom Arnold of all people (and for real the host of a new show called The Hunt for The Trump tapes on Viceland) has seen the infamous Trump Tower elevator tape that TMZ covered up, and it involves Trump punching Melania. Not verified but wow if that tape exists.

Edit: well maybe not Melania from what I'm reading now. And Arnold may have the tape.

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-29-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #9990
Edward64
Head Coach

Husband of the cuckold Melania just doesn't seem to be the punchy type IMO.

Now I can believe he gets others to do the dirty work.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #9991
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trey Gowdy, one of those Republicans who got that meeting with the FBI now says that the FBI use of an informant was appropriate.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

Take that Devin Nunes!
Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 AM   #9992
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So the President just tweeted that he'd wished he'd hired someone else as Attorney General...
Old 05-30-2018, 08:29 AM   #9993
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
So the President just tweeted that he'd wished he'd hired someone else as Attorney General...

He's going to tweet himself to prison
Old 05-30-2018, 08:30 AM   #9994
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

What a drama queen. Fire him or shut up, you beta.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #9995
tarcone
Coordinator

Grietens went out swinging. Blaming everyone else and taking no responsibility. Good riddance.

It is too bad Gowdy is leaving. He needs to be around. Ima fan of his. He doesnt go down political lines. He speaks how he sees it.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #9996
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

coughBENGHAZIcough
Old 05-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #9997
lungs
Pro Rookie

Is there anybody out there that actually likes Jeff Sessions?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #9998
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What a drama queen. Fire him or shut up, you beta.

Senate Republicans have told him they will fight anyone that he nominates if he fires Sessions. Hard to replace him if most Republicans and all Democrats are against the nomination.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #9999
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Senate Republicans have told him they will fight anyone that he nominates if he fires Sessions. Hard to replace him if most Republicans and all Democrats are against the nomination.

Are we still believing that Republicans will deny the POTUS when the time comes to make the vote?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #10000
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Are we still believing that Republicans will deny the POTUS when the time comes to make the vote?

Some of them will I think-non members of the Freedom Caucus at least. I think too as the Mueller investigation drags along and more indictments come, more will begin to "see the light" about Trump.