Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #951
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Word is that several large groups of men bearing different pennants are all tearing up the countryside in their efforts to track down The Lannister and his army.

If my father has so many men in his army, how hard can he be to track down? It would be like finding a needle in a very small, brightly lit box.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #952
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, it would not be so much finding as convincing him he has to come with you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #953
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
As a reminder for those who might seek to capture me - the title to Casterly Rock holds considerably more value than that of Clegane's Keep. I also have a greater force and greater wealth than Clegane.

If someone wishes to put me to the sword, bring a big army.

If someone wishes to bring me into their fold, it would likely be beneficial to both sides for us to work out an arrangement rather than following the capture/kneel two-step.

I would imagine that before fleeing you received ravens from all three houses, Lord Tywin. I know Storm's End had one for you and judging by the parties out there would be shocked if we were the only one, so you likely know your possibilities already.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #954
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is incorrect, Renly. I received ravens from none of the three houses since the "Enemy of the Realm" ruling was rendered. Including your own, despite your post above.

I would have preferred to have more complete information from the other houses while weighing my decisions, but that option was not afforded me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #955
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unfortunately, the number of outgoing ravens available can be quite limited.

And there's *always* more than a few people I need to get word to in any given day.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #956
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Unfortunately, the number of outgoing ravens available can be quite limited.

And there's *always* more than a few people I need to get word to in any given day.

QFMFT.

Lord Tywin, there was supposed to be a raven. Apologies if it did not get there.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #957
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

And yet none sought my council. There has been much ado behind the curtains this past day that affects every Lord Paramount, as well as Lord Tywin himself. I am aware that there are those out there who would seek to call into question my motives, or who would claim that I have allied with a particular claimant.

The reality M'Lords, is that none of that is true. My objective is the same as it has always been - peace and stability of the realm.

I have allied myself with no particular claimant. Rumors to the contrary are simply intended to curry favor with you for the rumor-monger's own purposes.

I await communication with any and all who seek the stability of the realm and who might be interested in what I know, which, as the MASTER of Whispers, is, I daresay, more than others.

-Lord Varys

[ooc] It's true - I'm actually losing the game by Chief's scoring metric, but I'm having such a damn good time in-character being Varys that I don't even care. If I was going by Chief's metric I would have aligned with a claimant by now, but I don't want to, I just want to play the game.[/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #958
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This is not the first time a raven appears to have gone missing. And yet I can see no way a raven could be intercepted. In fact both times the raven supposedly originated from the Renly camp. Lord Renly I wonder who it was that sent the ravens you speak of - I remember you claimed that a raven was sent to Stannis as well.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #959
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That would explain a few interesting developments.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #960
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
And yet none sought my council. There has been much ado behind the curtains this past day that affects every Lord Paramount, as well as Lord Tywin himself. I am aware that there are those out there who would seek to call into question my motives, or who would claim that I have allied with a particular claimant.

Why would anyone seek your "council". Should people wish to uncover other's secrets then assuredly you are the man for the job. But you appear to be mixing the role of a servant and that of an advisor. You are a servant to rumours and secrets, they are your currency. How does this make you fit to offer council?

What is best for the realm? And what makes you the possessor of that knowledge?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #961
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Why would anyone seek your "council". Should people wish to uncover other's secrets then assuredly you are the man for the job. But you appear to be mixing the role of a servant and that of an advisor. You are a servant to rumours and secrets, they are your currency. How does this make you fit to offer council?

What is best for the realm? And what makes you the possessor of that knowledge?

I am a possessor of secrets. I offer those secrets, as well as my council. The recipients are free to heed or ignore my council as they see fit.

What is best for the realm is peace and stability my dear girl. As for what makes me the possessor of that knowledge, it is common sense. Peace and stability lead to prosperity for all, which inevitably benefits those at the top to a great extent.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #962
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I fear I must leave you again.

Vote Brienne of Tarth/fontisian

Let us rid ourselves of these inconsequential nobodies. I have no idea why she has even been permitted to partake in our deliberations.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #963
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am a possessor of secrets. I offer those secrets, as well as my council. The recipients are free to heed or ignore my council as they see fit.

What is best for the realm is peace and stability my dear girl. As for what makes me the possessor of that knowledge, it is common sense. Peace and stability lead to prosperity for all, which inevitably benefits those at the top to a great extent.

How do we achieve peace and stability? We had the opportunity for peace and stability but that was crushed when the Starks and Baratheons chose to argue against their rightful king. The genie is now out of the bottle and no amount of wishful thinking about posperity will force it back.

Should you wish to offer your council then do so. I am certain everyone would be interested in hearing what you wish to say. One indication of your council would be for you to commit to a vote.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #964
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
How do we achieve peace and stability? We had the opportunity for peace and stability but that was crushed when the Starks and Baratheons chose to argue against their rightful king. The genie is now out of the bottle and no amount of wishful thinking about posperity will force it back.

Should you wish to offer your council then do so. I am certain everyone would be interested in hearing what you wish to say. One indication of your council would be for you to commit to a vote.

Interested in what I have to say? I doubt that sincerely. Interested in what I know - well that is another story altogether. I have no doubt that many would find what I know very interesting indeed. In fact, perhaps I should dispense with secrets altogether. You claim that I am disloyal - yet I think certain lords might find the information that I have proof of a greater loyalty.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #965
path12
Coordinator

It appears that today is the first day a Lannister cannot be voted. So Storm's End will:

KING RENLY BARATHEON (ME) VOTES SER AXELL FLORENT (CLAP)
BRIENNE OF TARTH (FONT) VOTES SER AXELL FLORENT (CLAP)
SER CORTNAY PENROSE (DARTH) VOTES SER AXELL FLORENT (CLAP)
SER LORAS TYRELL (MURRA5Y) VOTES SER AXELL FLORENT (CLAP)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #966
path12
Coordinator

My bannermen are free to change their votes if necessary.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #967
path12
Coordinator

Oh, and to the other kings -- I am willing to entertain certain other ideas for our vote.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #968
Zinto
College Starter

Not an entirely unexpected outcome. It seems that the hate for all things Lannister will surely subside today and I wonder who will be the target of the vote.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #969
Zinto
College Starter

And it seems that the first rock has been thrown. I wonder how Stannis will respond.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #970
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
And it seems that the first rock has been thrown. I wonder how Stannis will respond.

Joffrey, misdirection will not deter any of the houses from the immediate goal.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #971
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Joffrey, misdirection will not deter any of the houses from the immediate goal.

I am sure more immediate then my pitiful chances at the crown for Stannis is losing his shot because you and Robb have worked out a plan to remove his claim next.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #972
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Joffrey Baratheon (Zinto) has named Jaime Lannister (bhlloy) his new Hand of the King.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #973
path12
Coordinator

Stannis, a raven will be on the way soon.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #974
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm curious as to what the raven could possibly carry that would make your action acceptable to me.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #975
fontisian
College Prospect

UNVOTE SER AXELL FLORENT (CLAP)
I would like to wait until Tywin's fate is settled, if it will indeed be settled before nightfall, before coming to a decision.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #976
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE ALL

Gentlemen, my bannermen tell me I acted hastily. Apologies, however this is an issue our houses are going to have to figure out and time ticks away.

(ooc) Chief, that good? (/ooc)
Old 05-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #977
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm assuming this Tywin business gets settled soon? I'd just as rather let him crap gold on Casterly Rock with Joffrey as heir and done with this war
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #978
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
UNVOTE ALL

Gentlemen, my bannermen tell me I acted hastily. Apologies, however this is an issue our houses are going to have to figure out and time ticks away.

(ooc) Chief, that good? (/ooc)

Good enough.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #979
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Rumor has it that the various armies aground in Westeros have narrowed Tywin's location down to Mummer's Ford in the Riverlands.

It may be mere moments before the great Lord is in the hands of a King...

Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #980
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lord Tywin is cornered in some hilly forest area near Mummer's Ford by Lord Roose Bolton! Coulkd he be caught here today and become the political tool for King Robb Stark?

Bolton's men, including mercenaries, carefully approach the hills where the Lannister's men were spotted. They comb the outskirts of the forest along the east side of the riverbank.

They find a large army, sporting Lannister red and gold in an open encampment and fall upon them! They suspect they have their man!

But, no! Alas, arrows rain down from the trees! The Bolton forces fall back in confusion. It seems Tywin Lannister has mercenaries of his own... and more men besides! Tywin's mercenaries beat off the Bolton attack and Tywin and his men escape to the west and the relatively safe confines of Casterly Rock.

For now, at least, Tywin Lannister remains a free man.

The armies on the field currently looking to capture Tywin Lannister today have all failed.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #981
saldana
Pro Starter

For those that might be interested in the knowledge, Tywin Lannister is extremely wealthy, with a personal fortune possibly in excess of 50000 gold at the time of his dishonour.

Information is it's own form of power my friends...if it is in the right hands.

I am always...at your service. [/bows]
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #982
hoopsguy
General Manager

Casterly Rock will not stand alone against the might of four would-be-kings, but you'll need to do better than sending Roose Bolton to bring me to court.

Perhaps next time you'll choose to actually negotiate with me rather than attempting to take me by force? Or do we need to continue wasting money on mercenaries and diverting troops that could be used for raids, war, etc trying to bring me in against my will?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #983
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
For those that might be interested in the knowledge, Tywin Lannister is extremely wealthy, with a personal fortune possibly in excess of 50000 gold at the time of his dishonour.

Information is it's own form of power my friends...if it is in the right hands.

I am always...at your service. [/bows]

Dishonor plus mercenaries has whittled it away to some extent. But yes, there are sufficient funds here to afford certain luxuries while living outside the rule of kings.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #984
Autumn
Head Coach

I figured as much. Tywin will be no Clegane, he has the resources to choose his own home.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #985
Autumn
Head Coach

Though Renly has taken back his call to label my bannerman as an enemy of the realm, the blow is felt just the same. I have seen no raven from him, and cannot imagine one that would make me think him a trustworthy ally. Undoubtedly he hopes to drive Ser Axell from my camp and back into the arms of his family members. He only rethinks it because he hopes to make all his friend and none realize they are his enemy. As ever, his fickle nature does the realm no service.

Though I hate to follow in the footsteps of a Lannister, Cersei has the right idea. Brienne of Tarth holds little lands that could aid her liege. She was seemingly very forthright and earnest in negotiations to me, and I trust her more than I do my own brother. But hopefully Renly will allow her to find her way in the Seven Kingdoms and find a more honorable man to serve. I hope that my friends in the North will follow me in this.

VOTE BRIENNE OF TARTH/FONTISIAN
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #986
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A question to the village: Julio Riddols (faka The Mountain) has said he would be willing to come back and take over the role of Theon Greyjoy in place of Lathum, since Lathum has to step out of the game.

But he admits he flitted around some in the faction threads after dying, up to Saturday.

Would it be okay with you all if he takes over the role of Theon?

Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #987
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Oooh - good question. I suppose...if there's nobody else.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #988
saldana
Pro Starter

vote no banishment
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #989
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[ooc] Oooh - good question. I suppose...if there's nobody else.

A couple of my best targets turned me down, and no one else has stepped up yet. So, yeah, Julio's the best option right now.

FWIW, I don't have much doubt that Julio would try to limit the impact whatever he may have learned from the threads has on his play as Theon.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #990
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] i mean it's fine by me, but obviously i'm not as impacted as some others (Stark, Lannister) [/ooc]
Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #991
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Hell, if he has that good of a memory from 5 different threads... I have enough problems with the game and Storm's end one as it is.

I'm fine with it.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #992
fontisian
College Prospect

Stannis, the raven has been sent. You may confirm our intentions yourself, if you like.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #993
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heading to the second job now, and I will be out of touch.

I'll be back afetr deadline and run things late.

Good luck everyone!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #994
Autumn
Head Coach

Chief, it would be rather undesirable to throw that element into the game by having a player come back. But an inactive player is a real problem too. I suppose if there truly is no one else I would agree.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #995
Danny
Head Coach

vote Axell Florent

As someone who isnt in any camp, really dont care who the vote goes toward
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #996
Autumn
Head Coach

yet you care enough to vote, Imp. If you didn't care who was voted out, you wouldn't be involved in this game of thrones. let's not talk foolishness.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #997
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Chief, it would be rather undesirable to throw that element into the game by having a player come back. But an inactive player is a real problem too. I suppose if there truly is no one else I would agree.

Similar sentiments here. I'm sure Julio would play it as straight as possible, but it is difficult to put the djinni back in the bottle. However, if the choices are "unfilled role" vs "semi-informed player" I would choose the latter and expect the two of you (Julio + Chief) to manage it appropriately.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #998
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Not gonna play the no lynch card. Prior agreements, I hope, still are in play, but I'm not going to try and get away with standing on the sidelines.

Vote Brienne / Font
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #999
Autumn
Head Coach

Robb, my emissary is on his way shortly.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #1000
fontisian
College Prospect

Stannis: Don't ruin this over his idiotic move. You can ask the one of the subjects of our discussion to confirm our intentions.