Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #951
larrymcg421
Head Coach

It won't let me sign or release anyone right now.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #952
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
RA, I'm not sure if owners can sign players during this period of time or not. I think there might be a freeze until after the playoffs are over.

You are right, no signings or releases are possible until after 20th when the playoffs are over.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #953
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Thinking about making a TE and boosting him. Would anyone have interest in a good TE (pref focus on receiving)?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #954
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA, I'm not sure if owners can sign players during this period of time or not. I think there might be a freeze until after the playoffs are over.

Thanks. I am just looking to see if there's a team out there to begin negotiations for a trade for my player so when the freeze is lifted, it can happen. Right now, I have another player in the same league and conference so it's somewhat of a conflict of interest.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #955
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Mitts Cruiser (level 4 receiving TE) is available for hire:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=177939

I'll bump up his stamina with eqp when he gets a contract.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #956
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Good stuff with the new energy changes, should reward teams with good depth and stop some of the abuses of the current xp system.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...hread_id=79811
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #957
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Good stuff with the new energy changes, should reward teams with good depth and stop some of the abuses of the current xp system...
...and keep people spending cash to create solid backup players on their teams. Now that tons of owners who had backup players have jumped ship and purchased their own teams so their guys can start, leaving teams with crappy/no/CPU backups, this is the logical next step. To remain competitive, people will spend a few bucks to create viable backups for teams that they are on or own. Smart move.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #958
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I like the change. Now the back-ups that are getting only special teams duty and some spot plays on the field will actually get some nice exp. Plus, this should help kickers/punters level up. As it stands now, punting is -woefully- under strength.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #959
Landshark44
High School Varsity

my fullback, bubba fender, was the starting fullback for the valencia billy goats. they just won the western europe pro league championship. whoot....

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...layer_id=50529

Last edited by Landshark44 : 04-21-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #960
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Mitts Cruiser (level 4 receiving TE) is available for hire:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=177939

I'll bump up his stamina with eqp when he gets a contract.

Just a bump for people to check out my TE. I will boost him in season 2 as well.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #961
Kodos
Resident Alien

He's no Chuck Farley.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #962
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Chuck's a beast. Gives me something to strive for
Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 AM   #963
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The owners gave everyone 100 flex points as a bonus! Another good move - the first hit is free, then they jack up the price!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #964
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Dola -

Well I think I am going to take the plunge and get a new team. If anyone out there has extra players looking for a home, I'm going to need a LOT of guys!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #965
hawk4669
High School JV

Any idea when we can boost for season 2?

Thx.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #966
mckerney
Coordinator

Damn, thought my contract would be up at the end of the season but see I have to wait until day 11 of season 2 to become a free agent.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #967
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Day 1 of Season 2 is when we can boost - should be a few days.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #968
Anthony
Banned

i got a lvl 4 CB named Hell Atlantic that my current owner keeps lowballing in renogotiations. contract is up midway through next season, unless you want to trade for him. i'm not going to resign cuz i can make more money as a FA lvl 4 than the lvl2 i signed my current deal with.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #969
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i got a lvl 4 CB named Hell Atlantic that my current owner keeps lowballing in renogotiations. contract is up midway through next season, unless you want to trade for him. i'm not going to resign cuz i can make more money as a FA lvl 4 than the lvl2 i signed my current deal with.

Well, we will try and trade to get you...
Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #970
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown View Post
I like the change. Now the back-ups that are getting only special teams duty and some spot plays on the field will actually get some nice exp. Plus, this should help kickers/punters level up. As it stands now, punting is -woefully- under strength.

We're moving to the US this season, right?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #971
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
We're moving to the US this season, right?

I put in the request to move, yes. The thread with the requests is about a mile long, so I don't know how it will work out. I pm'd the admins to get a little attention. I have not received any word yet though.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #972
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow, the mood in the new teams thread on the game boards is insane, it's like a feeding frenzy with tons of people desperate for new teams.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #973
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

What is he offering you
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #974
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Ignore

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-23-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #975
Coop
High School JV

I have a Level 5 RB that should be up for FA soon...I'll try to remeber to post it here or there or anywhere. speaking of contracts, where can I view my contract details? I guess I'm blind because I cant see it anywhere
Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #976
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Best way to see when your contract expires is to go to your team's roster page, it will show that. Your contract details in terms of money are on the lower left part of your character profile.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #977
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown View Post
I put in the request to move, yes. The thread with the requests is about a mile long, so I don't know how it will work out. I pm'd the admins to get a little attention. I have not received any word yet though.

You still interested in signing Steve Remington? It'll be until day 11 that I'm a free agent and am currently a lvl 10 TE that's heavy on blocking.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #978
WVUFAN
College Starter

Teams are crazy for players right now. My lackluster LB I posted earlier has 77 offers so far.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 AM   #979
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah 1000+ teams released at once, this is insanity. I've sent out probably 100 offers so far and gotten only one accepted. Heh, I ended up giving up my new team. Life's too short and I just don't have the time to run all my slew of players and kill myself trying to put together a team in an atmosphere like this.

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-23-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #980
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've just been traded to the Chicago Mustangs. At level 9, I'm still only the 6th best receiver. Sure hope the rotation thing is working.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #981
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I've just been traded to the Chicago Mustangs. At level 9, I'm still only the 6th best receiver. Sure hope the rotation thing is working.

That is why I'm glad I'm on a team owned by a FOFC regular. I'm confident he won't trade my player into a situation that screws my player over.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #982
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
That is why I'm glad I'm on a team owned by a FOFC regular. I'm confident he won't trade my player into a situation that screws my player over.
Definitely - I wouldn't be playing unless I was on Icy's team.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #983
IrishHand
Mascot

***PLAYERS NEEDED***

ColtCrazy just purchased a team (Lexington Lynx - http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=1366 ). He's looking for players at most positions - shoot him a PM (ColtCrazy74 on GLB) if you'd be interested in joining a new squad with a quality, involved FOFCer owner.

(He'll post amplifying info later today - these forums are blocked for him at work.)
IrishHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #984
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Definitely - I wouldn't be playing unless I was on Icy's team.

Thanks

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #985
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

750 new team needing probably 40 players for each combined with the new energy changes.

Probably open slots for what... 35,000 players.

I think if you own a team you almost need to have your own players.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #986
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I hate this...you know how many messages I received from players not from FOFC today saying...my buddy just got his team, will you trade me to him...

My response.....Sure...I need an equal ACTIVE human player in return....So far...only one has provided that offer.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #987
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ever notice how fun tends to turn into work over time?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #988
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHand View Post
***PLAYERS NEEDED***

ColtCrazy just purchased a team (Lexington Lynx - http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=1366 ). He's looking for players at most positions - shoot him a PM (ColtCrazy74 on GLB) if you'd be interested in joining a new squad with a quality, involved FOFCer owner.

(He'll post amplifying info later today - these forums are blocked for him at work.)

Thanks man. Just wanted to say publicly that without your help, I'm looking at a lot more CPU players on the roster. In hindsight, there's just too many teams for the players out there. I'm busting my butt searching for FAs and 1 in 4 might have been on the site in the last week. We'll get there though.

A shout out to Icy as well, your QB is going to come in mighty handy!

For everyone else, Irish is right. Got a new team, the Lexington Lynx, and much like Irish I'm looking to put together a team and have them grow together as the season progresses. I'm very happy with the core I have in place now, but I'm still in need of a lot of positions...pretty much everything defensively, and on offense I could use a FB, couple of WRs and a OT. After that, I'll worry about backups.

Mustang - you may be right. I didn't want to build a bunch of my own players to put on my team, but I may have to load a couple more in if I'm not able to fill out starting roles. I'll use lesser positions I figure, and keep CPUs as their backups to minimize grumblings in the ranks. We'll see how it goes.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #989
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

In hindsight, I wonder if they should have just centered the game around teams and just gave everyone 40-50 players and retaining the concept of flex points and allow people to buy flex points to boost up players on their rosters and just skipped this whole individual player concept.

This offering 50 people contracts just to get 1 is what I would call - Not fun...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #990
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
In hindsight, I wonder if they should have just centered the game around teams and just gave everyone 40-50 players and retaining the concept of flex points and allow people to buy flex points to boost up players on their rosters and just skipped this whole individual player concept.

This offering 50 people contracts just to get 1 is what I would call - Not fun...

that'd be a lot more fun.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #991
IrishHand
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Mustang - you may be right. I didn't want to build a bunch of my own players to put on my team, but I may have to load a couple more in if I'm not able to fill out starting roles. I'll use lesser positions I figure, and keep CPUs as their backups to minimize grumblings in the ranks. We'll see how it goes.

In my experience, once you have the majority of the roster filled out, you can usually get up to a half-dozen backups - willing backups at that - if you post on your team's private forums and ask for them.

I know of one team that had about a dozen humans and the owner started posting in his team forums his list of 20+ positions he wanted filled - through creation and buddy referral, he basically filled his roster with human-owned players.

To me, either of those is far preferrable to creating your own guys.

Once you do have a full core, replacing lost players becomes very easy in my experience. I lost two quality guys today (they asked to leave to get more PT elsewhere), posted that in my forums and within an hour, had two freshly-created lvl 4 (soon to be lvl 7 in season two if I want) guys to replace them.

It really is a neat dynamic once it gets rolling...
Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #992
Anthony
Banned

here's lvl 4 CB Hell Atlantic. if you can give him a starting job i'd ask my owner to trade me, otherwise i'm content to wait till my contract runs out this season and just play the market for a better situation. right now i'm the nickleback on my team.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #993
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
here's lvl 4 CB Hell Atlantic. if you can give him a starting job i'd ask my owner to trade me, otherwise i'm content to wait till my contract runs out this season and just play the market for a better situation. right now i'm the nickleback on my team.

I'd be happy to have you HA once your contract ends. I can give you a starting job if you want to see if your owner will let you go. Just let me know. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #994
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHand View Post
In my experience, once you have the majority of the roster filled out, you can usually get up to a half-dozen backups - willing backups at that - if you post on your team's private forums and ask for them.

I know of one team that had about a dozen humans and the owner started posting in his team forums his list of 20+ positions he wanted filled - through creation and buddy referral, he basically filled his roster with human-owned players.

To me, either of those is far preferrable to creating your own guys.

Once you do have a full core, replacing lost players becomes very easy in my experience. I lost two quality guys today (they asked to leave to get more PT elsewhere), posted that in my forums and within an hour, had two freshly-created lvl 4 (soon to be lvl 7 in season two if I want) guys to replace them.

It really is a neat dynamic once it gets rolling...

Let's hope so. I'm sure it just seems different because of the mass of owners overpaying and begging for players. Our current C on the Lynx is just wanting a backup role, but he'll start until I can find another C. Time consuming, but I know it'll be worth it.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #995
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
You still interested in signing Steve Remington? It'll be until day 11 that I'm a free agent and am currently a lvl 10 TE that's heavy on blocking.

How I'd love to have you. I already have a FOFC at TE already, though not as high a level as you, he's a worthy starter. Additionally there are 2 active TE's behind him that are worth a damn (and actually post).

I truly wish there was a way to run a 2 or 3 TE set. It is the strongest position on my team.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #996
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I've been trying for a couple weeks to get back-up DT's and a FS. It is just ridiculous now. People are offering me trades for players asking for hundreds of thousands for lvl5-6 guys. It is just not sane. I can't even get a lowly lvl1 HB on the forums. I'll make 1 year deals, but I won't bust the bank for a guy that may or may not stay with the game, has already shown they're not boosting their own player, and wants celebrity treatment.

I'll run a quirky D-Line using DE's before I'll fall to extortion. Besides, it will just get all the players who have stuck with me beyond the first season even more playing time to level up.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #997
gkb
High School Varsity

I'm sure this thought has already crossed many of your minds, but I think this MMORPG/Football Sim would work really well for college football. You'd create a player that would get recruited by various universities and after four or five years they could simulate a draft and you'd start over.

Jim, are you working on this in your spare time?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #998
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I'd be happy to have you HA once your contract ends. I can give you a starting job if you want to see if your owner will let you go. Just let me know. Thanks.

cool, i asked to be released. since my contract fortunately ends mid-season i told my owner i have the chance to be a starter on another team and that i wouldn't be accepting any contract offers from him, so it'd be better for him to release me at this point rather than take the hit to his chemistry mid-season.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #999
IrishHand
Mascot

Quote:
cool, i asked to be released. since my contract fortunately ends mid-season i told my owner i have the chance to be a starter on another team and that i wouldn't be accepting any contract offers from him, so it'd be better for him to release me at this point rather than take the hit to his chemistry mid-season.

Sadly, there are owners out there who will hang onto guys like you out of spite. Best of luck with your situation...
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #1000
Anthony
Banned

that would be unfortunate if i was in a multi-year deal. i, fortunately, am free to leave halfway through the season. if there wasn't any hit to chemistry then i agree an owner coudl be spiteful, but knowing ahead of time i won't stick with his team will only delay him having to aquire a replacement and at that time the replacement most likely isn't going to be a lvl 5 CB who is willing to not start, he's gonna have to scramble for a lower lvl CB. a schrewd owner would understand to get a replacement in place now before the season starts.

no big deal either way.