Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #951
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I was trying to decide on to go for it or not on that 4th and inches on the 1 and a half goal line. I figure, if I miss, you would be inside your own one yard line. Would you like to try it again?

Sure, just give me about 5 minutes. Double checking I have all of the necessary ports open for EA's games on my router.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #952
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Sure, just give me about 5 minutes. Double checking I have all of the necessary ports open for EA's games on my router.

Ok. Did it kick you off completely? I got asked if I wanted to quit or continue to play against the computer.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #953
Ironhead
College Prospect

Good game Galaxy. My Aggies just didn't have the mojo to hold off the late rally or take charge in OT. Need to put some more work into this 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Was fun, well do it again soon.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #954
Galaxy
Coordinator

What a great game. You took the lead with that 51 yard touchdown run in the early fourth quarter. I stopped your offense to get the ball back late in the game. Scored with 26 seconds on a 38 yard pass.

Go into OT. You miss a 26-yard field goal. I threw a pick on my next possession (I need to stop forcing them). Go into the second OT. I get the TD on a QB sneak. And I stop you a yard short to overcome the mistakes.

I saved the highlights (at least mine). Not sure how you load them up.

I kept hitting the wrong button at times (like when I threw that first pick, then when I ran out of bounds when I met to throw it away with my QB).

It was up, down, and out. Great drama.

Sorry about the mix-up at the beginning. I have Michigan State as my "favorite team", so I hit advance by accident.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-19-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #955
Galaxy
Coordinator

Dola,

Your offense kept my hands full with the the West Virginia-style spread option (is that what's it is?). Made me use a lot of audibles and different play-calling.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-19-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #956
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I just had a great game with Eagles. I couldn't hold on and lost 21-17. That QB killed me in the second half.

My highlights were a PR TD and a great hit and fumble return for another score. After Locker scrambled home for the score I trailed 14-10 with 3 minutes left. On the next drive I had a tipped ball intercepted and it looked to be over. On the next play he ran a sweep my LB came up and took out the RB legs flipped him over and the ball layed there for the taking. The first defender on the scene missed the scoop and score but the second player did not. Wash, I mean Locker then proceeded to pick me apart with short tosses an scrambles and finally scampered in from about 10yds out with :30 seconds remaining. I made 3 passes to the 40 but my final hail mary attempt was knocked down.

Easily the best game I have ever played.

Pictures and highlights coming soon.

PR TD look at that poor kicker all alone!!!

Ramses think he's not worthy!!

Scoop and score!!! I tried to jump on his mascot!!! Look at carl Lewis running on the track!!!

Picture that his knee was not down.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-19-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typos
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 AM   #957
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Locker is awesome. His 87 speed will be a huge weapon in most games.

Locker is a mutha****er!! In my offline dynasty he just got done leading a full scale pillaging of my Cougars 54-33.....I contained him running, but he was 23-27 throwing for 275 and 3 TD's. I threw for 468 put also gave 3 pick 6's to the Huskies, one of which went back 102 yards
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #958
Anthony
Banned

A quick compilation of my highlights so far against FOFC members, now with music.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-19-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #959
RainMaker
General Manager

Ok, gave in and bought the game today. My impressions so far.

- Animations are much better. I love seeing guys break away from tackles without losing stride as well as momentum actually playing a role in tackles. This is a huge improvement in the game and adds a real nice level of realism.

- Underneath passes are automatic, even on Heisman. I haven't played enough, but I have a bad feeling I'll be able to drive down the field on just about any CPU team with strictly underneath passes.

- Running game is real nice and plays as realistic as I've ever seen from an EA football game.

- Sim stats are all sorts of fucked up for the QBs. I think this has been covered though.

- The gameplay is fast, too fast for my liking. It really doesn't allow you to do anything at all in pass coverage on defense against the computer. They are just so fast at passing and you have little time to see a play develop.

- Pass rush is non-existent. Makes passing real easy.

- Special teams are atrocious. I mean some of the worst we've seen in this series in a long time. I'd rather go back to the days where it was almost impossible to get a return. I can get frequent return TDs an the CPU chase logic is horrible. I'm wondering if this is done purposely for the kids to be able to get a couple return TDs a game. In any event, I just think it's going to come down to simming the special teams downs unless I want 20 TDs a year on returns.

- This is kind of minor but I really miss having the I-AA schools in the game. I don't get how they could get these in there on old consoles 6 years ago but can't get them on the next gen. I know most people don't care, but it adds to the realism and is nice for those guys who went to one of those schools. I'm not mad about it, but think it's ridiculous that something that was in 2003 can't be put in 2009 yet.

Overall I haven't really played enough to give final impressions. I'm still nervous about seeing a gamebreaking glitch in dynasty or something that will come to light in the next couple weeks on the boards. Otherwise it looks good, not great. I'll probably get my $60 worth, but I still think the game is well behind where it should be.

The one thing that does really piss me off is all the emphasis on complete and total bullshit in the game. Mini games for one, and the mascot mashup or whatever as another. Seriously, I'd rather see those resources put into the AI, more teams, more stadiums, more plays, anything. Just sad to see them continue to be so out of touch with their audience.

-
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 AM   #960
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

anyone awake? wanna play?

I doubt anyone is around..but I'll set up the FOFC/trout lobby and check in between beers.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 07-19-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 AM   #961
wade moore
lolzcat

On the I-AA thing...

I may be the biggest I-AA fan on the board and I can't get too upset about it. I doubt it's a matter of they "can't" do it so much as "is it worth our time?" I think a very small number of players probably used it and they figured their time was better spent elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #962
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The one thing that does really piss me off is all the emphasis on complete and total bullshit in the game. Mini games for one, and the mascot mashup or whatever as another. Seriously, I'd rather see those resources put into the AI, more teams, more stadiums, more plays, anything. Just sad to see them continue to be so out of touch with their audience.

-
But dude, I showed my daughter the mascot mashup, she thought it was pretty cool! And then after two plays she walked out of the room and I left exited the game.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #963
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

-

There's been a big hub-bub on the boards about mascot games - a lot of people have complained. Basically the developers said it took about a day to implement because the mascot models are already in the game.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #964
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
There's been a big hub-bub on the boards about mascot games - a lot of people have complained. Basically the developers said it took about a day to implement because the mascot models are already in the game.

They should have used that day to fix the roster bug, pass rush, or special teams. Mascot games a utterly pointless and do take up development time, even if it's only one day.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #965
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That was a great game, Mike. That punt return was nasty. I knew I was screwed when it was you and my punter 1 on 1. Couldn't believe when we fumbled it with the game in hand, and thought for sure I was done. I think White is the only QB faster than Locker in this game, and it really shows. I think you commented on the Heisman level at the beginning (couldn't hear your mic too well, I'll be picking up new headset/mic this week.) I picked that because DTR and others have convinced me that it plays better than AA. I'm hoping our league votes to use Heisman after they give it a try.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #966
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Well I'm majorly pissed off. Four games and all four have been disconnected. I just bought the wireless extender. I have used it to connect to Media Center and I'm not having any issues with that -- live TV and recorded video streams just fine. Only issues I'm having are with this flippin' game.

I'm baffled. My wireless connection shows a great connection. Unfortunately my high-tech wireless-N router doesn't have a wireless-A mode so I'm stuck with G, which apparently interferes with every device known to man. But it majorly ticks me off that my network shows I have a strong connection and the damn thing still doesn't work.

A wired connection really isn't an option without rewiring my friggin' house. I'm just pissed.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #967
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

For the Wii/PS2 crowd...From what I've read, the Wii version is not great for the non-family play, hardcore simmer/player. Even if the game doesn't totally abandon the concept of realism, it's the cheesy stuff that still remains from the family play that makes it ridiculous - apparently, when you score a TD, it puts big bold letters TOUCHDOWN with fireworks, and the non-game play screens are written in "street"-style font.

The PS2 version sounds very solid - angles have been pretty much fixed, FGs are no longer automatic for the AI, they added super sim, updated the rosters, the running game is much better (because of the angles, you can't just run the option to the outside for an automatic 20 yards like you used to), etc. Last night I pulled out 07 and played for the first time since mid-January and had an amazing game - I played FSU against Fresno State and barely pulled out a 27-20 victory that was the #4 greatest game of all-time. I was extremely rusty and actually fell behind 20-13 with 2:30 left bfore I was able to hit a long bomb and then break a 25 yard run for the tying TD, then I had a 3-and-out against Fresno's offense, forced a punt with 45 seconds left, and ended up returning it 62 yards for the game-winning TD.

So after the game ended, I told my wife there's no way in hell I'm waiting a month for my birthday to get 09. I'm probably going to get it this weekend.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #968
watravaler
High School JV

Par for the course, game gets prettier, AI gets worse. Fun game, but this aint football...

NCAA 2000 had its problems, but the game and its features are so far ahead of the "next gen" versions that I really don't know what to say. If I wanted Arena Football combined with NFL Blitz, I'd buy those games!

Last edited by watravaler : 07-19-2008 at 10:33 AM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #969
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Well I'm majorly pissed off. Four games and all four have been disconnected. I just bought the wireless extender. I have used it to connect to Media Center and I'm not having any issues with that -- live TV and recorded video streams just fine. Only issues I'm having are with this flippin' game.

I'm baffled. My wireless connection shows a great connection. Unfortunately my high-tech wireless-N router doesn't have a wireless-A mode so I'm stuck with G, which apparently interferes with every device known to man. But it majorly ticks me off that my network shows I have a strong connection and the damn thing still doesn't work.

A wired connection really isn't an option without rewiring my friggin' house. I'm just pissed.

From past experience with EA Sports games on Xbox it is really important to have all necessary ports open or forwarded to your console. I'm definitely no router or wireless internet guru but perhaps you should start there?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #970
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
From past experience with EA Sports games on Xbox it is really important to have all necessary ports open or forwarded to your console. I'm definitely no router or wireless internet guru but perhaps you should start there?

I have no idea how to do this.

I had a lot of lag the other night and think I may need to modify some things. Anyone have any additional info on this?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #971
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
They should have used that day to fix the roster bug, pass rush, or special teams. Mascot games a utterly pointless and do take up development time, even if it's only one day.

Hey man, I agree. I'm just pointing out what the developers have said. The problem with fixing things is you can't put those on the back of the box
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #972
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just so people know, my buddy and I started an online dynasty at around 10:30 last night. He is Miami, I am FSU. We're just simming right now until the real guys are out so we have our recruits, but we do play the FSU vs Miami game. Needless to say before I knew it it was 4 AM. Recruiting online is fantastic. We're in year two and engaged in a war for the #1 player in the Nation, an OT from Orlando.

Can't wait to get back to this. These FOFC leagues will be a riot.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #973
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

created a room...will hang out for a bit if anyone wants to play a game
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #974
Raiders Army
Coordinator

HA and I played. Good game and he won, something like 38-21. It was a little closer than the final score was, but overall it was a great game, like last night against EF27.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #975
Flasch186
Coordinator

who is HA?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #976
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
That was a great game, Mike. That punt return was nasty. I knew I was screwed when it was you and my punter 1 on 1. Couldn't believe when we fumbled it with the game in hand, and thought for sure I was done. I think White is the only QB faster than Locker in this game, and it really shows. I think you commented on the Heisman level at the beginning (couldn't hear your mic too well, I'll be picking up new headset/mic this week.) I picked that because DTR and others have convinced me that it plays better than AA. I'm hoping our league votes to use Heisman after they give it a try.

Yes when I saw the heisman settings I was unsure because I had not played at that level. I was concerened about the kick meter and my ability to run the ball. I thought the game played very well at that level and none of the plays in the game felt AI enhanced if you know what I mean.

I wish you would have had a headset, I would have loved to hear the cursing you were doing as every mistake you made I scored from!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-19-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #977
Galaxy
Coordinator

EF27,

I would be open to trying out the Heisman level. How would this impact the sliders (since it seems like they are working now in a messed-up way)?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #978
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
EF27,

I would be open to trying out the Heisman level. How would this impact the sliders (since it seems like they are working now in a messed-up way)?

Are you on AA Galaxy? If so what Sliders are you using?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #979
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
who is HA?

I played this guy named Anthony that played a lot like HA......I wonder where HA has gone??
Old 07-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #980
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
On the I-AA thing...

I may be the biggest I-AA fan on the board and I can't get too upset about it. I doubt it's a matter of they "can't" do it so much as "is it worth our time?" I think a very small number of players probably used it and they figured their time was better spent elsewhere.

Interesting thing is the Wii version I have lets you play the I-AA teams.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #981
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
On the I-AA thing...

They had time to put in a lot of crap like mascot games. I mean it's not like this is completely new, it's in the old gen versions. I guess I'm just angry since it's another sign of the next gen games having less features as old gen 3 years into a title on this system. I mean 1-AA teams have been in versions for about a decade now.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-19-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #982
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Well, after about 6 hours with the Wii version, I've given up. It's getting more unplayable as the game goes on. I moved it up to AA setting, used IU against Purdue and won 23-9 despite 3 INTs, 2 of which because it passed to the wrong player. There's simply too many flaws in this game.

Time to go back to the 360/PS3 debate. The local Gamestop people suggest 360, but I don't know.

Anyway, the thoughts on hardcore gamers hating the Wii version are true. It simply can't give me the game of football I'd like.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #983
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So far, I've been reading impressions and passing by copies at the local stores...

1. Is recruiting less tedious? I've read there is a slider to tell the CPU whom to recruit or something like that as I don't really like doing the phone calls and all that, is that true?

2. I've seen videos where the pass rush is really horrid/non-exsistant, is that true?

3. CPU AI - verdict so far?

I only play solo/dynasty and I know most here have been playing online games, but for those who have played against the CPU, is it really that bad? Over at OS, there are a ton of threads about the gameplay issues.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #984
RainMaker
General Manager

Is anyone else really disappointed in the game when playing the CPU? I'm not a big online player and mostly stick to my own dynasties. The game is bad against the CPU. I've been playing it most of the day and just can't get my head around a few things.

- Sliders don't seem to work at all. Just noticed a huge thread on OS about this too. That's pretty disheartening.

- I can score at will against almost any team on any level (and I'm not that good at the game). The short passing game is unstoppable and the CPU DB AI is horrid. Crossing routes and curl routes are money against any team and any defense. I can storm down the field every time completing 80% of my passes.

- There is no pass rush. Doesn't matter who you have, your lineman are not going to be a factor. The D-Line should be one of the biggest glaring differences in great defenses and bad ones. It's a huge advantage for passing schools.

- You really have no control on defense at all on passes. The suction blocking makes it silly to play as a lineman and pass coverage is ridiculously hard with the speed of the game and the lack of controls. The computer will slice you up on Heisman and complete over 70% of the passes. They are also deadly on 3rd down and you get the feeling that there is another gear they shift into on those downs. The same goes for their 2 minute drives at the end of the half or game.

- CPU playcalling is bad. They NEVER throw the ball downfield (unless you take a player and move him out of position).

- CPU runs out of bounds a lot when they have open field. I've seen it 4 times in my last 4 games. One play was an interception they made and had pure daylight ahead for a TD. Instead the guy ran right out of bounds.

- Special teams is some of the worst we've ever seen in a football game in over a decade. It's bad on so many levels. There is no coverage and the players take horrible angles. It's like having Devin Hester running back every kick with a ton of room to work. I have a feeling I'm just going to have to punt the ball out of bounds when punting and sim the punt/kick returns.

I know a ton of people here seem real happy with the game. And I know some aren't real picky. But I think these are pretty serious issues. I just can't imagine playing a dynasty against the CPU. The gameplay is funky and sliders don't work. There just seems to be no way to fix special teams or the passing game. Defense isn't any fun.

Maybe it's a blast online which is a completely different beast. But against the computer and for those running their own dynasties, the game blows. I was real excited picking this up yesterday as it seemed like a lot of the issues had been ironed out (interception bug killed the game for me last year). But the game hasn't improved in other areas and has actually gotten worse in many others.

I'll give it a week to see if someone figures out the sliders, but it looks like it's going up on Ebay soon. If anyone has advice on fixing these issues, I'd love to hear it.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #985
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
So far, I've been reading impressions and passing by copies at the local stores...

1. Is recruiting less tedious? I've read there is a slider to tell the CPU whom to recruit or something like that as I don't really like doing the phone calls and all that, is that true?

2. I've seen videos where the pass rush is really horrid/non-exsistant, is that true?

I only play solo/dynasty and I know most here have been playing online games, but for those who have played against the CPU, is it really that bad? Over at OS, there are a ton of threads about the gameplay issues.

Can't answer one as I haven't done anything with recruiting yet.

2) There is no pass rush. Doesn't matter what team you have or who you're playing against, your QB will have all day to throw unless the whole defense is blitzing.

3) The AI hasn't improved at all. There are less interceptions but that's just because they dumbed down the awareness of defenders. It amounts to crossing patters and curls being automatic. Pursuit is all sorts of messed up in this version and allows for a ton of huge plays (especially on returns). They will randomly run out of bounds when in the open field. They still have no concept of clock management (30 seconds left with no timeouts and they're down by 7 and they are throwing 2 yard passes).

If you're a solo/dynasty guy, it's a waste of money in my opinion. I'll sell you my copy though if you want to punish yourself for a few days.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #986
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Interesting thing is the Wii version I have lets you play the I-AA teams.

This leads me to believe they are using old code. I-AA was in the PS2 version last year, but the rosters had not changed from the previous season.

Quote:
They had time to put in a lot of crap like mascot games. I mean it's not like this is completely new, it's in the old gen versions. I guess I'm just angry since it's another sign of the next gen games having less features as old gen 3 years into a title on this system. I mean 1-AA teams have been in versions for about a decade now.

It's not a "feature" missing. They put in less teams.

I'm not one to defend EA much, but getting worked up about this being a "reduction in features" is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #987
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It's not a "feature" missing. They put in less teams.

I'm not one to defend EA much, but getting worked up about this being a "reduction in features" is just silly.

As systems and games advance, shouldn't you have more teams instead of less? I mean if March Madness comes out next year with only the power conferences, woudln't that be a negative?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #988
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can't answer one as I haven't done anything with recruiting yet.

2) There is no pass rush. Doesn't matter what team you have or who you're playing against, your QB will have all day to throw unless the whole defense is blitzing.

3) The AI hasn't improved at all. There are less interceptions but that's just because they dumbed down the awareness of defenders. It amounts to crossing patters and curls being automatic. Pursuit is all sorts of messed up in this version and allows for a ton of huge plays (especially on returns). They will randomly run out of bounds when in the open field. They still have no concept of clock management (30 seconds left with no timeouts and they're down by 7 and they are throwing 2 yard passes).

If you're a solo/dynasty guy, it's a waste of money in my opinion. I'll sell you my copy though if you want to punish yourself for a few days.

Thank you.. I feel at ease now in my decision to stay away this year.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #989
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Considering how dated some of the Wii features seem, I wouldn't doubt it. Seems like the different teams need to communicate more. It's dumb that the Wii version would be missing so much, then have an entire set of teams that the other systems don't have.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #990
RainMaker
General Manager

This was posted on OS but shows the biggest problem with the AI. Watch the pursuit of #20 who has a clear angle on the running back.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/36817
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #991
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF27,

We have to look at sliders as a league. There are 2 quite different sets that I like for different reasons. Jistic's has lower interceptions and actually has a deep ball, but at the price of higher competion percentage. Some guy whose name escapes me has a set with lower completion percentages, but lowering the QB accuracy also lowers power. As a result, the deep ball is almost non-existant with that set and there are more pics due to passes that lack zip. Both sets are using Heisman and most slider makers are working on Heisman right now. I've never liked Heisman before due to speed boosts for CPU players, fast kicking meters, among other things. I'm still not sure if I like Heisman. There are things I like and things I don't. If we do Heisman, I think it is going to be very tough on us with our weak teams. Hopefully, everyone in the NOFL will check both settings out and we'll have a vote soon.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #992
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

1. I haven't tried it, but there is a "quick call" feature, where you specify the amount of time you want the CPU to spend on a recruit and it does so. It supposedly makes recruiting less tedious for those who didn't like it last year.

2. Yes, although sliders can partially alleviate it. However, when the CPU gets pressured, it throws more passes that can be picked.

3. AI is decent in some areas, poor in others. The passing AI without sliders creating some pressure is nearly Brady like although a dink and dunk Brady. The running AI is decent most of the time but gets poor around the sidelines. It's a mixed bag, but I'm still enjoying the games. However, stuff might start bugging me over time.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #993
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I've been playing on Heisman without touching the sliders and I'm mediocre at best. In my Mizzou dynasty I'm 2-3. I find the AI all I can handle and then some, especially trying to stop them on defense. Yeah, I don't see the deep ball but they are killing me with the short passes and the running game.

Recruiting is MUCH improved. I love the quick call feature -- definitely takes the tedium out. I still do the more in-depth call to set visits but the quick call is awesome.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:52 AM   #994
Groundhog
Coordinator

OK, I laughed my ass off at 'Anthony's' highlite reel, I'll admit.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #995
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Geez.....playing online against strangers really sucks. I try to play online against FOFC'ers, but nobody is ever really around. So I decide to spend the day playing against random people. I get my ass stomped twice, lose two close games against a guy who uses the same three unstoppable plays over and over again (really, no complaint here..if he only uses three plays, I should be able to figure his lame ass out, right?)

But..the kicker for me was playing just now against this cheeser who picked Texas. I picked Clemson, because they were evenly matched, and I enjoy the inferiority complex Clemson seems to possess. So, I'm kicking this twat's ass..22-9 at halftime. I'm slated to receive the opening kick. He tries to onside it like the cheeseball he is, but I recover it. He quits. I think I hit "Quit and count this game". But, it doesn't count the game. Fuck these dipshits. It's so lame.

I'll try very hard to limit my online play to fellow FOFC'ers that play the right way.....but it's hard to get a game in, since we're a small tribe.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #996
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

Blah, i'll have to make it over to your house sometime and play some ncaa 09 kcchief.. heh one of these days i'll have time
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 AM   #997
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
OK, I laughed my ass off at 'Anthony's' highlite reel, I'll admit.

I did too. Although I have to admit, I wish HA had done it. He would have made it really funny.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #998
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This was posted on OS but shows the biggest problem with the AI. Watch the pursuit of #20 who has a clear angle on the running back.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/36817

That is horrible.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #999
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My biggest gripe is pretty much what Kalifornia said. I ran into someone yesterday who was putting together a good game against me. It had been back and forth, it was 16-6. He threw a lot of bombs and I was having a tough time stopping him, but when he couldn't throw bombs, I was stopping him. Well, it was 4th and 7 way back in his territory on the 20-something yard line and he decides to go for it.

Well, needless to say I played like a retard the rest of the game just to tick him off and gave him a negative review.

Play in the spirit of the game. I'm not a computer opponent.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #1000
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1. I haven't tried it, but there is a "quick call" feature, where you specify the amount of time you want the CPU to spend on a recruit and it does so. It supposedly makes recruiting less tedious for those who didn't like it last year.

2. Yes, although sliders can partially alleviate it. However, when the CPU gets pressured, it throws more passes that can be picked.

3. AI is decent in some areas, poor in others. The passing AI without sliders creating some pressure is nearly Brady like although a dink and dunk Brady. The running AI is decent most of the time but gets poor around the sidelines. It's a mixed bag, but I'm still enjoying the games. However, stuff might start bugging me over time.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on your thoughts. With Mizzou doing so well last year, I was really looking forward to picking this game up.

Maybe a patch will help.. who knows.