Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #951
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

(Mandarin)

Excellent! It looks as if the forces holding us here may have bit off more than they could chew.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #952
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

:::rubs head and glares at Professor X and Gambit:::

"Anyone got a couple aspirins? Ah sure hope you got a good look inside my head with that attack Professor."

:::looks over at Mystique's mangled face and whispers::: "Gods, Ah'm even more scared of her now-survived an attack from Hulk AND Juggernaut!:::

As for who I think we should go after today, well obviously the people who attacked me because I know I'm good. Or the people who joined on to my team's attack on Iron Man even after we discussed why that might not be a good idea. Since we now know Iron Man was one of the 12, and likely one Apocalypse would like to get rid of, I think there probably has to be some evils who attacked him.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #953
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't mind to be a negative nancy, but until I hear otherwise I will consider that another one of brethren have succumbed to the allure of Apocalypse.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #954
Thomkal
Head Coach

woot! Congrats to whomever survived that attack.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #955
Thomkal
Head Coach

You're such a killjoy Magneto. Oh okay I guess we should consider that, but there already seems like there are enough evils in the game.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #956
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I am glad this evening was less eventful than the previous day. I have done some research, but I am unsure as to the significance of this golden horse. Perhaps someone elses understands the message it sends?
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #957
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I got nothing.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #958
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

What is this golden horse and why do I know nothing about it? Tell me what it means now!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #959
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

[ooc]since I'm new, I'm not really sure of the "correct" course of action or how to necessarily read first day results, so I'm just winging it. [/ooc]

(Wolverine)

Nothing is jumping out at me right now as obvious.

Magneto is overtly obvious with his choice of attack on a member of the 12.

Doom's attack on magneto is odd to me. Why not go after Stark since none of us know? It was early enough that if Doom was evil, he would have joined in the attack to rid us of a 12 early, but it could also be misdirection. Is Doom that smart?

ProfX goes after Cannonball? Don't know why but same rules apply as to Doom.

Daredevil goes clubbin' on Mystique and same rules apply as to Doom and ProfX.

My assumptions is that anyone not of the "5" would have simply attacked all the same people on day 1 since we have to start somewhere. Only the "5" know who are the 12.

That logics me to Magneto as a target. I don't think I get along well with him being that my skeleton is made of metal. Magneto seems a good choice.

However, I think the Hulk has been able to hide behind his big green persona enough that David Banner could easily be Apocalypse and we'd never know it since the green machine can only spew out fragmented sentences.

I think Hulk is a good target. Very powerful and thus hard to kill later. Not much in the info department since he can't speak. I think a safe lynch.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #960
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
[ooc]since I'm new, I'm not really sure of the "correct" course of action or how to necessarily read first day results, so I'm just winging it. [/ooc]

(Wolverine)

Nothing is jumping out at me right now as obvious.

Magneto is overtly obvious with his choice of attack on a member of the 12.

Doom's attack on magneto is odd to me. Why not go after Stark since none of us know? It was early enough that if Doom was evil, he would have joined in the attack to rid us of a 12 early, but it could also be misdirection. Is Doom that smart?

ProfX goes after Cannonball? Don't know why but same rules apply as to Doom.

Daredevil goes clubbin' on Mystique and same rules apply as to Doom and ProfX.

My assumptions is that anyone not of the "5" would have simply attacked all the same people on day 1 since we have to start somewhere. Only the "5" know who are the 12.

That logics me to Magneto as a target. I don't think I get along well with him being that my skeleton is made of metal. Magneto seems a good choice.

However, I think the Hulk has been able to hide behind his big green persona enough that David Banner could easily be Apocalypse and we'd never know it since the green machine can only spew out fragmented sentences.

I think Hulk is a good target. Very powerful and thus hard to kill later. Not much in the info department since he can't speak. I think a safe lynch.

(warpath)

I have a different feel about alot of those people than you did. Perhaps your nose is more keen to smelling out people than mine though.

Its usually very unrewarding for everyone to vote for the same people day 1. You end up with a 20% chance of getting a bad guy, but no information about whom voted for whom down the road. I don't have problems necessarily with the Professor trying to build a consensus with his team to look at a different person.

I think Doom's seems a bit shadier as a typical day 1 throw away vote that you often find bad guys doing. A meaningless vote on someone who doesn't really have any consensus and later on tracks us to meaning nothing.

I hope Hulk isn't bad. Hulk is funny and a bad Hulk would make me sad.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:59 AM   #961
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

(Venom)

I do not have any knowledge of events that occurred last night.

Does anyone have anything they can add about last nights events, that may assist us in piecing things together?

Also, at this point there is only one person that is raising a concern with my mimicked spidey senses.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #962
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(Warpath)

Also since today is Friday, alot of people (myself including) won't be available the last few hours before deadline. Many people yesterday falsely criticized my team saying we were fast to action, when in fact we had spent many hours deliberating before our moves.

If people would like to talk possible good candidates today, I would enjoy that. However they need to do so before the workday is done, as my availability will be less after that. (Even Warpath needs to go out to movie night!) So I will likely decide on my action by middle afternoon once again just like yesterday.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #963
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note on weekend game play. We still have 24 people in the game at this point, so an aggressive weekend schedule is just not happening. Here is what I'm looking at doing, unless there is significant resistance.

Night 2 deadline: Sunday at noon (EST)
Day 3 deadline: Monday at 10PM (EST)

There should be a significant thinning out of numbers next week, to the point that if the game is still going I would be much more willing to think about weekend play.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #964
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

"Ah agree with Wolverine that Hulk should be looked at sooner rather than later. He's probably the most powerful physically of us all, and if he's a bad 'un then we need to get him as soon as possible. I'm not advocating for an attack on him, just hoping a seer-type looks at him soon if they haven't already."
Old 01-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #965
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

If you ugly brutes decide to take on the Hulk today it would be wise to get the whole lot of us have to agree and attack him because I would imagine him to have more defenses and health than most of us. I am not saying I advocate it, I am waiting to hear what happened last night before we should make any rash decisions against our big green dummy.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #966
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wolverine is apart of my 'team' so i dont know if I like the idea of you guys attacking him. LAResistance would need some pretty damning evidence before we went after one of our own.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #967
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok votes in the traditional sense:

Ironman – Magneto, Mystique, Warpath, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Cannoball, Wolverine, Spiderman, Sinister
Magneto – Doom, Ironman
Mystique – Daredevil, Mandarin, Captain America, Hulk, Juggernaut
Cannonball – Prof X, Moon Knight, Math, Surfer, Gambit

So, it looks like Storm (Swaggs), Captain Britain (gi), Venom (Grammaticus), and Ironman (EF27) didn't elect to attack anyone yesterday.

Ironman is dead so there's no need to ask him.

To the other 3, why didn't you attack anyone?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #968
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Right on.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #969
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
So, it looks like Storm (Swaggs), Captain Britain (gi), Venom (Grammaticus), and Ironman (EF27) didn't elect to attack anyone yesterday.

Had I not felt provoked, I probably wouldn't have attacked myself...until it was mentioned that not attacking would draw an energy penalty.

It's the only reason I can think of to attack today.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #970
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

gi did not attack because I think he assumed he could only do one thing a day and he used that to protect ironman.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #971
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

Ironman attacked Magneto
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #972
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
gi did not attack because I think he assumed he could only do one thing a day and he used that to protect ironman.

I'm assuming by this message that I was incorrect? I can do multiple actions huh...depending on energy...I'll get there...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #973
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc) just checking in from work. will be home in 3 hours. no better idea really of who to target today yet. no idea of the golden horse's significance, though I guess there should be some.

thom...the attack on you was nothing personal, just that blade+path+I felt that bandwagoning wouldn't reveal anything.

alan...I will be very open to discussion around 2pm EST for the rest of the day (/ooc)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #974
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Its okay gi, this game is new for all of us... you can use as much energy as you have. If you have 5 energy, you can attack me 5 times. If that shield defense you used yesterday was 3 energy, you could have attacked somebody 2 more times to use all your 5. I wouldn't recommend it, especially not this early, but its doable.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #975
hoopsguy
General Manager

GI, you can do an attack and a defensive action (provided you have sufficient energy) without penalty. You can also do a standard attack and a special attack (if you have those) without penalty.

You cannot launch multiple special attacks in a day.

There is an additional energy cost to launch multiple standard attacks in a day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #976
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm out until 1ish.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #977
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That's central time.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #978
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Ironman attacked Magneto

My mistake. Deadpool is the other person who did not attack.

With gi not understanding the rules, we still have 3 folks who did not attack. I would like to know why.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #979
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(ooc) just checking in from work. will be home in 3 hours. no better idea really of who to target today yet. no idea of the golden horse's significance, though I guess there should be some.

thom...the attack on you was nothing personal, just that blade+path+I felt that bandwagoning wouldn't reveal anything.

alan...I will be very open to discussion around 2pm EST for the rest of the day (/ooc)

DT, I understand, that was In-character glaring at you, not me.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #980
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Had I not felt provoked, I probably wouldn't have attacked myself...until it was mentioned that not attacking would draw an energy penalty.

It's the only reason I can think of to attack today.

You were hardly provoked. Captain Marvel was provoked more than anyone and she was smart enuogh not to attack me.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #981
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Ardent, do you see anybody who LeResistance should be keeping an eye on today?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #982
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
You were hardly provoked. Captain Marvel was provoked more than anyone and she was smart enuogh not to attack me.

You foolish Bitch, I had already attacked somebody and didn't want to waste any more of my energy on the likeness of you. You will be dealt with when the time is right.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #983
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

(Mandarin)
Storm gave mention of why she would not be attacking. I believe she felt it would be a wasted vote. I thikn she would have if one of Force had been attacked, but imay be reading too much into what she said yesterday.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #984
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Where is my dear Captain America? I need to know what my mentor has to say about last night!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #985
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

"Ah agree with Wolverine that Hulk should be looked at sooner rather than later. He's probably the most powerful physically of us all, and if he's a bad 'un then we need to get him as soon as possible. I'm not advocating for an attack on him, just hoping a seer-type looks at him soon if they haven't already."

(Mandarin)

Bah! How has the Hulk gathered so much opposition? There are many in our ranks that will be hard to bring down. As one of his teammates in FORCE I would feel bound to defend such an attack!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #986
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looking over the list from yesterday:

Silver Moon: Blade: Cannonball, DaddyTorgo: Cannonball, Chief RUm: Cannonball, Path: Cannonball, Mr.W: Cannonball
(5 cannonball + 2 bonus)
Mutant First: Barkeep: Ironman, AlanT: Ironman, Spleen: Ironman, Thomkal: Ironman
(4 Ironman + 2 bonus)
DOOM,Sinister&Co: Wvufan: Magneto, Talgian: Iron Man, Goldeneagle: Mystique
(1 magneto) (1 Iron Man) (1 Mystique)
LaResistance: Anxiety: IronMan, Ardent: Mystique, LSG: IronMan, Jonathan: IronMan, Bonegavel: Ironman
(4 Ironman + 2 bonus) (1 Mystique)
Force: Swaggs: ---- , Schmidty: Mystique, Ntndeacon: Mystique, Grammaticus: ----
(2 Mystique + 1 bonus)
Atlantic Alliance: Sackattack: Mystique, Eaglesfan: Magneto, gi: --- (Defense on Ironman)
(1 Mystique) (1 Magneto)
RaidersArmy: -------

I see a three distinct groups.:
1) People who went along together as a team
2) People who went against their team
3) People who did not go at all.

Those who went along with their team to vote Ironman could have easily had bad guys hidden in there.

Those who went against their team to vote Ironman seem suspicious to me.

Those who did not attack at all should be considered on a case by case basis.

Obviously group 1 contains the most people to sort through.
1) Barkeep, AlanT, Spleen, Thomkal, Anxiety, LSG, Jonathan, Bonegavel

Group 2 only has Mister Sinister in it. I think it would make complete sense for him to explain why he bucked his team in order to help kill Ironman.
2) Talgian
I don't remember Venom's or deadpool's reasons for not voting yesterday. I remember Storm's reason as has already been talked about today.
3) Raiders, Swaggs, Grammaticus

I think for today my own thoughts are to focus on groups 1 & 2:

1) Barkeep, AlanT, Spleen, Thomkal, Anxiety, LSG, Jonathan, Bonegavel
2) Talgian

Obviously I am in that list, but I gave pretty detailed reasons both two days ago why I would have chosen Ironman, as well as yesterday for a horseman if I was Apocolypse. I can't say the same for many of the people on the list.

Perhaps I am being a bit of a self-preservationist, but I'll probably look heavier at Anxiety, LSG, Jonathan, Bonegavel and Talgian today.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #987
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
(Mandarin)

Bah! How has the Hulk gathered so much opposition? There are many in our ranks that will be hard to bring down. As one of his teammates in FORCE I would feel bound to defend such an attack!

(Cannonball)

"As ah said Mr. Mandarin. I'm not calling for an attack on the Hulk. Only that he needs to be looked at."
Old 01-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #988
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Group 2 only has Mister Sinister in it. I think it would make complete sense for him to explain why he bucked his team in order to help kill Ironman.
Sure thing. As I explained repeatedly yesterday, real life kept on throwing things at me, but I believe in the importance of a first day lynch. So I voted early, not knowing if I'd return, and I was unable to get back. As I stated yesterday, Iron Man seemed to be the consensus.

Now, let me point something out. My team consists of 2 people. It wasn't like I was exactly going against the will of 3 people. Rather, Dr. Doom's attack was clearly motivated by ego alone (Magneto insulted him), and I did not feel it was prudent to follow that path, especially since there was really no evidence against Magneto. Thus, I made the snap judgement that with limited time, it was important to do something that makes at least a little sense, so I went for Iron Man.

-Talgian
Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #989
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
Sure thing. As I explained repeatedly yesterday, real life kept on throwing things at me, but I believe in the importance of a first day lynch. So I voted early, not knowing if I'd return, and I was unable to get back. As I stated yesterday, Iron Man seemed to be the consensus.

Now, let me point something out. My team consists of 2 people. It wasn't like I was exactly going against the will of 3 people. Rather, Dr. Doom's attack was clearly motivated by ego alone (Magneto insulted him), and I did not feel it was prudent to follow that path, especially since there was really no evidence against Magneto. Thus, I made the snap judgement that with limited time, it was important to do something that makes at least a little sense, so I went for Iron Man.

-Talgian

I thought Juggernaut was on your team as well?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #990
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I thought Juggernaut was on your team as well?
I didn't think that was official, as Doom hadn't said join or whatever. If you only need one person on the team to admit new members, then it is official. Either way, Juggernaut didn't go for Magneto either, so since all three of us went different ways, it's hardly "bucking" the team.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #991
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

My team is full of action action action! We shoot first think later! Ironman was a great choice for us to go after as Warpath and others had presented solid cases against him. It did not work out for us this time, but we have learned our lesson as far as following the mutants
Old 01-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #992
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
(Mandarin)

(Venom)

Agreed,

If someone attacks HULK, you are going to get attacked. At least the first person to do it!
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #993
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
I didn't think that was official, as Doom hadn't said join or whatever. If you only need one person on the team to admit new members, then it is official. Either way, Juggernaut didn't go for Magneto either, so since all three of us went different ways, it's hardly "bucking" the team.

Fair enough, just for the record, I came out with my thoughts on what type of votes would be suspicious to me before I put the names of who voted to the list. I think its important to keep this type of voting history in mind for long term, but I doubt I'll drive to vote for you today at least. I'm more interested in looking at one of the others I listed. I probably would rather vote for one of the more quiet types there that piled onto Ironman, but Im mostly trying to get conversation going.

Just trying to get other people's thoughts on stuff too.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #994
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Perhaps I am being a bit of a self-preservationist, but I'll probably look heavier at Anxiety, LSG, Jonathan, Bonegavel and Talgian today.

That is almost all of LaResistance! I think if you or your team goes after any of us, you would be deeply sorry. If you are set at looking at somebody on your pathetic little list, maybe you should focus your energy on Mr Sinister.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #995
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
(Venom)

Agreed,

If someone attacks HULK, you are going to get attacked. At least the first person to do it!

I don't understand what the Hulk has done to gather so much attention. To be honest right now it feels like to me that people are trying to continue to eliminate a certain type of role.

My vote for Ironman yesterday was because of non character reasons. Today though with people aiming at Hulk it feels almost like people are trying to take out the same type of character as Ironman. To me when i try to think of what type of character that is and combine it with what seems like happened last night (at least possibly).. it makes me feel very uneasy about those pushing to kill the Hulk right now.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #996
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

AlanT, I completely agree that that kind of analysis is extremely beneficial. You asked me to explain my actions, so I did, and I think that clears things up.

I will be out until about 2:30, and I'm sure there will be many developments by then.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #997
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is almost all of LaResistance! I think if you or your team goes after any of us, you would be deeply sorry. If you are set at looking at somebody on your pathetic little list, maybe you should focus your energy on Mr Sinister.

Unlike your team, he has at least given a reason for his vote. While I am keeping my eye on him, I feel a little better about him than the response you gave this morning which felt pretty Apocolypsish to me. "We just voted Ironman because your team did. Teach us to follow you!"
Old 01-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #998
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Unlike your team, he has at least given a reason for his vote. While I am keeping my eye on him, I feel a little better about him than the response you gave this morning which felt pretty Apocolypsish to me. "We just voted Ironman because your team did. Teach us to follow you!"

Warpath, Captain Marvel is a follower. She was looking for the members of her team to tell her what do to yesterday. Then, for some reason they deemed her the leader of the pack and waited for her to move.

I would mind seeing her take the fall today. Her idle threats mean nothing.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #999
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't understand what the Hulk has done to gather so much attention. To be honest right now it feels like to me that people are trying to continue to eliminate a certain type of role.

My vote for Ironman yesterday was because of non character reasons. Today though with people aiming at Hulk it feels almost like people are trying to take out the same type of character as Ironman. To me when i try to think of what type of character that is and combine it with what seems like happened last night (at least possibly).. it makes me feel very uneasy about those pushing to kill the Hulk right now.

(Cannonball)

It's not what Hulk has done, its who he is. If he's good, he's most likely our most powerful ally, if not he's our biggest threat. For the third time now I say I am not calling for an attack on him, because that would be foolish at this point. Only that he be looked at by our seer-types, nothing more.

I am leaning towards the same people you are considering though Warpath, as I just think it was too easy for an evil to hide amongst my fellow Iron Man attackers.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #1000
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

You can't decide how I feel. I felt provoked. Never argue with a lawyer. Take yourself and your purse somewhere else.