Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #951
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

For anybody with Ruby or Sapphire who doesn't wander around much with StreetPass on, you may want to, as some Eon tickets were given to certain people and they're being "passed" by StreetPass. You need to beat the first gym and do the quest right after that to get the "BuzzNav" to activate SP.

I went to a McD's today (ick) and then Barnes & Noble and then around the mall and then back, got maybe 20 tags total. 3 of those were playing ORAS, one of them ended up having the Eon ticket and passing it to me.

Also don't forget to go online and get your shiny beldum. It goes on for a little bit into the new year (middle of January maybe?), but don't forget!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #952
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

New Fire Emblem game announced, yay!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #953
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
New Fire Emblem game announced, yay!

Yay!!!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #954
mckerney
Coordinator

Yay!!!

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #955
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

New 3DS XL coming 2/13/15. Strangely, the smaller version (the one that has interchangeable faceplates) isn't coming yet, if at all. Nintendo says this is due to the market but I wonder if it's availability... Kotaku wrote up something on it: Nintendo (Sorta) Explains Why The Smaller New 3DS Is MIA

The MM-themed 3DS XL seemed to sell out pre-orders at Gamestop in a matter of minutes. Best Buy's pre-order seemed to go almost as quick, from what I'm hearing. I missed the GS one but got it from GS.

I've long said that when this one comes out, I would get it immediately because I'm sick of deafening myself when I use the shoulder buttons. So I'm stoked.

I never really got around to playing much of Fire Emblem: Awakening but what I played I really liked so the new FE also makes me happy.

/tk
Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 AM   #956
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm surprised the MM 3DS sold out so quickly considering it doesn't even include the game in North America (even though it does in Europe). It does have an awesome faceplate though.

I'm kind of mixed on the new 3DS though. It doesn't come with a charger so it means having to drop some extra money if I want to trade in my old 3DS.

Also they're switching from SD cards to microSD which means the 32 GB card I got for my old 3DS will be obsolete. Also apparently the microSD cards on the new 3DS require a small amount of surgery to swap, instead of just popping them in and out on the old 3DS.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #957
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't realize the change to micro SD, I'll have to order a card.

I'm disappointed Nintendo isn't including it but it doesn't impact me. I long ago bought a USB cable to charge my 3DS and that's all I use, whether with my portable batteries or with a USB brick in an outlet. Apparently they don't include the charger in Europe or Japan and haven't for years/generations.

I am sold mostly because of the volume slider. I am sick of deafening myself on planes and was flummoxed when they moved the slider from a GREAT place on the DS Lite to such a bad one on the 3DS.

I still wish they would do the smaller one in the US or make the bigger one have interchangeable faceplates.

/tk
Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #958
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola...
The screwdriver-access-only is a little annoying. You Need A Friggin' Screwdriver To Change Memory Cards In The New 3DS

/tk
Old 01-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #959
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Beat The World Ends With You this week- tho there's basically a "New Game +" feature at the end, so don't kill yourself going all completist the first time through

Really good game- definitely worth playing for the plot alone, for my money, even if Neku is kindof a frustrating character at times.

If you can't bring yourself to play it because of the pin battling system, try other pins until you find ones you like. Unless you're completely anti-stylus, you should find some that work better for you than others- I know I did- and that makes all the difference in the world. In particular, when you start getting more than 2 pins to use at a time, you can mix things up and find things you really like.

SI

I finally got to starting The World Ends With You this week. Enjoying the early game and I'm not anti-stylus by any means but this combat system is certainly going to take some getting used to between stylus attacks and paying attention to the other screen.

Also playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward but actually going with the Vita version instead of 3DS due to the save corruption bug and it being available on PS+ a while ago.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:52 AM   #960
mckerney
Coordinator

My main impression of TWEWY so far is that I really like the music.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #961
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah the soundtrack is pretty great. The game didn't really work for me, but I think that's more on me than the game.

/tk
Old 01-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #962
mckerney
Coordinator

I can see that. I felt completely lost at first once I got to the two screen combat. I think I kind of have the hang of it now, but could see myself being overwhelmed again at an increase in difficulty at any point.

On Virtue's Last Reward I've been a bit thrown off whenever Quark talks since he has the same voice actress as Chie from Persona 4: Golden and sounds pretty similar. Thankfully Laura Bailey as Luna sounds nothing like Rise.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #963
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am finally playing the 3ds. My friend code is 0319-0022-6832. Adding people who are listed on the first page. I am mostly playing Bravely Default right now...
Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #964
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I can see that. I felt completely lost at first once I got to the two screen combat. I think I kind of have the hang of it now, but could see myself being overwhelmed again at an increase in difficulty at any point.

Right when I felt I was getting the hang of combat in TWEWY, they changed the way combat works. Be warned that the format for battle on the secondary screen changes throughout the game - it was extremely off-putting to me.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #965
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm friends with you now, EF!

I picked up Xenoblade for 3DS but haven't played yet due to my left thumb misbehaving. I also got the new StreetPass games and like the fishing one. Haven't played the other yet.

It's also an International StreetPass week or something until 4/26. I find myself going to McDonalds a LOT during these weeks since it's the closest SP place to me. I also like getting random tags while driving on the beltway.

/tk
Old 04-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #966
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yay! I am hooked on Bravely Default even though I got the system with every intention of primarily playing xenoblade.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #967
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Pokemon people with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire should be aware that there is a very short-term distribution of Diancie coming up. Mark your calendars as it were...from serebii:
Quote:
In The Games Department
Pokémon - Events

For those of you in North America and Europe, it has been announced that, for a short period between July 24th 2015 and July 27th 2015, you'll be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie to your Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games through the internet via the Nintendo Network. This Diancie comes with the moves Diamond Storm, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Protect

/tk
Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #968
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I'm holding off until/unless they announce a new Advance Wars title exclusive to the 3DS platform...
So it's been more than 8 years now since the last Advance Wars, and more than 5 years since the 3DS came out. It's sad to think that this series has died...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote