Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #951
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Dola, and I just got a question from the medi regarding a new signee who got a rating of 5 in his debut. Something about him maybe not being that good a signing... prrrrrt!

FM
Old 12-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #952
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I offered Exeter a friendly (and I paid them a thousand bucks, although they probably would've accepted without it). We did a match for 90 minutes + penalities if necessary. We were tied 1-1 after 90 minutes, and they beat me 4-3 on penalties. I bet they're happy at Exeter about beating me, especially after I had bad things to say about their new manager. Oh, well. I'm in League Two and they're not! Bwahaha!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #953
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I offered Exeter a friendly (and I paid them a thousand bucks, although they probably would've accepted without it). We did a match for 90 minutes + penalities if necessary. We were tied 1-1 after 90 minutes, and they beat me 4-3 on penalties. I bet they're happy at Exeter about beating me, especially after I had bad things to say about their new manager. Oh, well. I'm in League Two and they're not! Bwahaha!

In my first career in FM2005, I got sacked by Luton Town after 3 and a half seasons but I absolutely wanted to play them qith Q.P.R. the following offseason. Even went to play them on their pitch. Kinda weird but I was all emotional about it...

After that, I've always tried to play one yearly friendly against them whenever I got the chance and in my FM2006, I'm back managing them instead of my usual Q.P.R. of the last few seasons...

FM
Old 12-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #954
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Let's hear it for the return of Pumpy Frog Tudors Man!

If I stick around at Cheltenham (considering that we're hemorrhaging money, that's a big "if"), I'll be sure to schedule Exeter for a friendly every year. It'd be awesome if we got to play them in one of the cup competitions this year, though. I'll be watching the draws very closely.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #955
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Marc V - Just have a question about the AI in '06 as I'm sitting here bored at work.

Being that the AI seems to be more advanced this year with changing up it's tactics when it gets behind or ahead. What I was wondering is if the changes that were made during the game were coach specific. So if you're playing against a Premier League manager would his changes be more effective than say if you were playing against a Conference manager? Or did you just change up the AI across the board so every opposing manager is on equal terms?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #956
McSweeny
College Starter

i seem to have run into an interesting bug

i'm in my second year as manager at Celtic, and Russia offers me a job as the national manager. I accept and notice we're second in the Euro '08 qualifying group. I played a friendly about 20 days later and got immersed with my Celtic side. Well now we're heading into the '07 season and i haven't played a competitive match with Russia. So i go check out the Euro '08 fixtures and notice there's nothing listed at all. Everything seemed to stop around Nov. '06 and nothing is scheduled for the rest of '07. Teams have played either 5 or 6 matches. It appears no progress has been made and that all scheduling came to a halt when i took over the Russia job...

i'm going to keep playing because i'm enjoying myself, but i figured Marc or whoever would be interested in hearing about this.

also, when i got sacked from Celtic towards the end of season two there was no e-mail message. I found out when i read about a contract offer that Celtic had made and i was like... wait a minute, i didn't make that offer

aside from those two things, i'm having a great time. Tottenham just hired me and things look rather promising for us
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #957
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
Marc V - Just have a question about the AI in '06 as I'm sitting here bored at work.

Being that the AI seems to be more advanced this year with changing up it's tactics when it gets behind or ahead. What I was wondering is if the changes that were made during the game were coach specific. So if you're playing against a Premier League manager would his changes be more effective than say if you were playing against a Conference manager? Or did you just change up the AI across the board so every opposing manager is on equal terms?

i'm guessing the former. the latter seems like way too much of a shortcut for SI to take.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #958
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i'm guessing the former. the latter seems like way too much of a shortcut for SI to take.
Really? Man, if that's the case then I'm even more impressed than I am already with this game.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #959
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Each manager has abilities and personalities in the same way that the players in the game do, so they'll react as realistically as possible to situations in the match.

Some managers will be 'tweakers' who will continually adjust tactics and setups, others might be loyal and leave things be generally on the pitch while again some might throw a strop and do huge substitutions in a huff if things aren't going there way ...

Again the style of their play and how effectively they use tactics and players* (and indeed if they have vendetta's against players** or a blind spot for a favourite player) is modelled by these characteristics and their personalities.

*Bear in mind these two are subtly different things, some managers prefer to fit players into a tactic, others fit a tactic to the players available
**You'll sometimes see some hard headed managers who fall out with volitile players (especially if they talk to the media about concerns or heaven forbid indicate they've lost faith in their manager) who then find themselves benched for the foreseeable future

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 12-01-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #960
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Sorry if this has been asked before, but now that my conf. north team has been promoted to conf national, how would i go about changing my team from "Semi-Professional" to "Professional"?

Would I just start signing full-time contracts instead of part-time contracts with my players? And if so, would the team type change automatically to "professional"?

About 2/3 of conference national are full-time / professional teams and I'm getting my ass whooped. I don't see how I can compete against these guys until we get serious and start playing full-time.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #961
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
Sorry if this has been asked before, but now that my conf. north team has been promoted to conf national, how would i go about changing my team from "Semi-Professional" to "Professional"?

Would I just start signing full-time contracts instead of part-time contracts with my players? And if so, would the team type change automatically to "professional"?

About 2/3 of conference national are full-time / professional teams and I'm getting my ass whooped. I don't see how I can compete against these guys until we get serious and start playing full-time.
I'm not sure if that's something that you can control?? When I was promoted to the Nationwide Conference, I just received an email telling me that my team was now professional.

I didn't have any f/t players on my team at that point.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #962
Sadalia
n00b

Woo-hoo! My second season in charge of Blackpool and we won promotion to the Championship, claiming the second automatic promotion spot by winning the second-last game of the season. Feel quite lucky: we lost three games on the trot before then, and my young team's confidence looked shot. Fortunately, those behind us in the table were having similar troubles.

Before the game my young Swedish star Andreas Dahl gave the team an inspirational speech encouraging them to win (a new feature, I think, and one I like). Top man. This is why he's my captain. He and a couple of others have earned themselves improved contracts with their play this year; hopefully I can get them to accept ones without minimum release clauses.

When I played as Blackpool in FM2005 I always got promoted quickly and without much difficulty. This has been far more satisfying, having to deal with runs of bad form, player complaints (though only a few), and injuries. I also like that I can have success with a genuine 442, something I've never really achieved in previous FM/CM versions.

I always like to play Blackpool. I've never been there, and have little to no interest in the real-life team. Way back in CM1 I tried them because I wanted to see if I could bring a proud old club back to glory, and I liked their kit. I've stuck with them throughout every version since, with occasional dalliances with Elgin City (close to being my home town team) thrown in.
Sadalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #963
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Again, I love this game. I don't have any more to say than that right now.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #964
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

And Pumpy Frog Tudors Man strikes again!

I know I've declared my love for the 2D engine already but I also found that I love the little things they added to this game, especially in the commentary after a goal. Like "player xxx must be feeling bad he made that mistake" or "xxx's bad clearance led to that goal"... I also had a player "kiss his badge and thump his chest" after a goal. Simple stuff but I find that it makes the player more real. I can absolutely see them doing these antics on the field...

And back to the easiness of making transfers, I transfered out four players from Luton in the August transfer window. Not big money mind you but most went for their valued price. I kind of like how the AI managers try to first low ball you into offers with money spread over 18 or 24 months. What do I look like, your mom & pop furniture shop that offers 36 months without interest???

One open question about the transfer window too: is it new rules in the English league that teams in the Championship cannot transfer players in outside of the transfer window? I used to remember that teams below the top league could transfer domestic player at about any time but it's not the case anymore. Any offer I make tells me the player would move on January 1st (start of second transfer window)...

FM

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #965
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

FrogMan, have you seen players start to take their shirts off and change their mind after glancing at the referee? Hilarious stuff.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #966
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, this trickles all the way down to the Nationwide Conference. I'm assuming it must be new.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #967
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
FrogMan, have you seen players start to take their shirts off and change their mind after glancing at the referee? Hilarious stuff.

hahaha!!! Nope, never seen that one, although I've not played many games yet, something like 6 or 7 games into the season so I'll probably see it at some point. Great stuff!

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #968
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
One open question about the transfer window too: is it new rules in the English league that teams in the Championship cannot transfer players in outside of the transfer window? I used to remember that teams below the top league could transfer domestic player at about any time but it's not the case anymore. Any offer I make tells me the player would move on January 1st (start of second transfer window)...
It was a new change for this season - the clubs 'should' have had the rule come in a few years back but the Championship (and down to Div 2) got an extension for a while which has now expired.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #969
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
It was a new change for this season - the clubs 'should' have had the rule come in a few years back but the Championship (and down to Div 2) got an extension for a while which has now expired.

Thanks for the answer Marc. That's what I thought, that it was new in real life. Still good to know...

I have not checked but is this kind of info available on the Rules page for a league, say for the Championship? I know I can see the general rules like length of schedule, who promotes/demotes, the playoffs, but are the transfer rules in there? I'm thinking it could be a good idea to include it if it's not already in there as it can help somebody get accustomed to a new league.

FM

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #970
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Thanks for the answer Marc. That's what I thought, that it was new in real life. Still good to know...

I have not checked but is this kind of info available on the Rules page for a league, say for the Championship? I know I can see the general rules like length of schedule, who promotes/demotes, the playoffs, but are the transfer rules in there? I'm thinking it could be a good idea to include it if it's not already in there as it can help somebody get accustomed to a new league.

FM

FM
Yup, the transer rules are in there. I had to double check this last night, in fact, after I got the news item about the transfer window closing and I was curious if this affected me down in the Nationwide Conference.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 12-02-2005 at 11:37 AM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #971
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Yup, the transer rules are in there.

good, then forget I said anything

I'll check next time I fire up the game...

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #972
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

One thing I noticed that bothers me. This is with WSM2006, digidownload version. Whenever I use the "quick tactics" button, make some changes then click the "apply" button, right after I see the "Making tactical changes" message appear at the bottom of the screen, it comes back without any sound. I have to hit the "pause" button, then "play" to get the sound back. Does it do that to evryone of you? I find it very annoying, so much so that I almost never use the quick tactics anymore...

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #973
Sadalia
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
One thing I noticed that bothers me. This is with WSM2006, digidownload version. Whenever I use the "quick tactics" button, make some changes then click the "apply" button, right after I see the "Making tactical changes" message appear at the bottom of the screen, it comes back without any sound. I have to hit the "pause" button, then "play" to get the sound back. Does it do that to evryone of you? I find it very annoying, so much so that I almost never use the quick tactics anymore...

FM

Yup, me too (also with the download version). Not all the time, just every now and again.
Sadalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #974
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadalia
Yup, me too (also with the download version). Not all the time, just every now and again.
So is this only a problem with the downloaded version? I was wondering about that myself, but figured that someone had already reported it to SI.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #975
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

seems like it's happening in any version... Took a while but found two mention of it on SI's bugs forum:
http://community.sigames.com/groupee...1/m/4452041171
http://community.sigames.com/groupee...1/m/7272079861

the second one is the most interesting one as there seems to be people on any version, PC and Mac, experiencing it. No official word from SI though.

Marc, you reading?

FM
Old 12-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #976
Desnudo
Coordinator

It happens to me with the FM CD version.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #977
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I just remembered this from playing last night. I noticed that Newcastle had been relegated to the Championship in my 3rd season. (I'm currently managing Hinckley) But they were making their way through the Carling Cup and ended up winning it along with the Championship division.

So I got curious and wondered if Michael Owen was still playing for them and was tearing up the Championship in the meantime, and yeah I guess you could say he was...

56 total games played
44 total goals scored including...
36 goals in league play

Nice season.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #978
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

now i've beat Call of Duty 2, I'm ready for FM2006 to resume its rightful place in my CD-drive, never to come out again for months at a time
Old 12-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #979
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm currently managing Hinckley

Time for my 'I coulda been a contender' post (kind of - unfortunately I've too much awareness this was not the case)

The current Hinckley is an amalgamation of Hinkcley Town & Hinckley Athletic, and Town was my team. I played in their youth side in the Midland leagues.

Unfortunately, while I was a prolific scorer in the Leicestershire (county) leagues for Blaby & Whetstone, my record was somewhat lacking at this higher level (in effect the level at which the better players played who were not taken on by league clubs.

So my better than a goal a game record from the county leagues, which carried on while I played for Hinckley (you could play for both then - not sure about now), translated into a massive one every 6.5 games at the regional level

I bet the manager was pissed - I was going to join another side in the same league (Lutterworth), but one of teammates told the Hinckley manager that if he wanted a goalscorer, he should sign me . So the manager came round to my house and convinced me to play for Hinckley: (still find it kinda cool tbh despite how it worked out that they were willing to gazump somebody else for me). Strangely after the end of the season, neither of us were offered a senior deal - can't imagine why

Last edited by AlexB : 12-02-2005 at 03:42 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #980
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Holy crapola. I am still loving this and my time at Northern Irish team Portstewart continues. I am not going to give an update because I am getting into this so much I think I will start my first ever dynasty over in that forum. It won't be all that good because it will be my first, and I can only update once a week or so. But I don't care, I am loving this and figured it would be better to tell what is going on over there then in this thread all the time.

One quick update, I have gone from untested to obscure in reputation. Woohoo. More on that later though.

I also want to give guys a bit of a warning I guess (even though tis gives away a little of what as been happening with my team). I went to go into the Inter-Toto Cup and one of the rules is that you must have 5 players on the roster you give them that you trained yourself. I assume this means that came up through your youth system. Well, I had 1. A lot of the guys I have on my team have been there since the begining of the game, so it's not like I have made a ton of changes.

So, I couldn't move forward in the game. It wouldn't let me submit my roster. What I ended up having to do was go on vacation for 2 days so the computer would submit my roster for me. I wasn't sure it worked but it did. I was able to go on and play in the Inter-Toto even though I didn't meet that rule. Mainly I was happy that I didn't have to end the game right there because I couldn't move it ahead anymore.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:18 AM   #981
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's irritating to me that if you do a player search for players with contract status "expiring" you don't end up with people whose contracts are expiring in any set amount of time, so I can't do that and get say everyone whose contract is expiring on say the June 30th deadline and then sort them by position or value or whatever, but I have to sort by the date they expire and THEN look through all the values/positions all mixed up.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 AM   #982
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
I also want to give guys a bit of a warning I guess (even though tis gives away a little of what as been happening with my team). I went to go into the Inter-Toto Cup and one of the rules is that you must have 5 players on the roster you give them that you trained yourself. I assume this means that came up through your youth system. Well, I had 1. A lot of the guys I have on my team have been there since the begining of the game, so it's not like I have made a ton of changes.

So, I couldn't move forward in the game. It wouldn't let me submit my roster. What I ended up having to do was go on vacation for 2 days so the computer would submit my roster for me. I wasn't sure it worked but it did.

you can sign "grey" players and submit them, sure they are crappy and won´t be playing but they're out from your youth system. Be sure to always have 4-5 of them around even if you don't need them.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:28 AM   #983
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu
you can sign "grey" players and submit them, sure they are crappy and won´t be playing but they're out from your youth system. Be sure to always have 4-5 of them around even if you don't need them.

I thought that might work and gave it a shot at first. The only problem was that the 3 guys I tried this with wouldn't sign a contract.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 AM   #984
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
it's irritating to me that if you do a player search for players with contract status "expiring" you don't end up with people whose contracts are expiring in any set amount of time, so I can't do that and get say everyone whose contract is expiring on say the June 30th deadline and then sort them by position or value or whatever, but I have to sort by the date they expire and THEN look through all the values/positions all mixed up.
One thing I'm considering for a future version is allowing secondary sorting options (ie. sort by one column and then by another on top) ... if we can make a nice neat interface for this then I think a fair few people would like it.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #985
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One thing I'm considering for a future version is allowing secondary sorting options (ie. sort by one column and then by another on top) ... if we can make a nice neat interface for this then I think a fair few people would like it.

Uhm, I would love it.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #986
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My reputation is still "obscure", but I am now listed as a "talented manager." Woohoo!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #987
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am now listed as a "talented manager." Woohoo!
Obviously a bug
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #988
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I need to sign one of these contracts for Titi:

I also noticed another bug. It's now December '06 and Newcastle is 1st and Tottenham is 2nd in the Premiership.

We all know that's impossible because Newcastle will always underachieve and Spurs will always be shite.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #989
daedalus
Pro Rookie

As an aside, AFTER the "quick" tactical change is made, I do have a brief pause in crowd noise before they return (NOTE: I do not have to hit pause-play). I just had always attributed it to the fact that there was a pause in play (in order for the change to have been made) and nothing was happening.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #990
Shepp
High School Varsity

In my current game I'm playing Southend United in the English League One.

My data base is running Spain, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Scottland, USA, Brazil, and Argentina. I'm running all the leagues for Spain, England, and Italy. I'm playing the top two leagues of the rest. I'm also retaining all players from England.

I'd like to add another country, possibly two, or retain players from one of the countries I mentioned above to increase the amount and quality of players that would be available in English leagues One and Two. I was thinking of Scottland or Ireland but not sure of those would be the best choices. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #991
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp
In my current game I'm playing Southend United in the English League One.

My data base is running Spain, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Scottland, USA, Brazil, and Argentina. I'm running all the leagues for Spain, England, and Italy. I'm playing the top two leagues of the rest. I'm also retaining all players from England.

I'd like to add another country, possibly two, or retain players from one of the countries I mentioned above to increase the amount and quality of players that would be available in English leagues One and Two. I was thinking of Scottland or Ireland but not sure of those would be the best choices. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Scotland would probably be the best for available players in League One/Two. You might add France, or one of the Scandinavian countries, but I think you'll find most of your players that you would be interested in (other than England) will come from Scotland.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #992
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp
I was thinking of Scottland or Ireland but not sure of those would be the best choices.

Hmmm. I can think of two Scott Taylors, Scott Oakes, Keith Scott, Jake Scott, but that's about it. There may be more. I'd want more potential signings than this.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #993
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quick note: My reputation has just jumped to "local." I'm no longer a "talented manager", though. Now I'm a "media-friendly boss." Ah, well.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #994
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
I also noticed another bug. It's now December '06 and Newcastle is 1st and Tottenham is 2nd in the Premiership.

We all know that's impossible because Newcastle will always underachieve and Spurs will always be shite.

well, it's still December so Newcastle still has plenty of time to crash and burn

FM
Old 12-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #995
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
Hmmm. I can think of two Scott Taylors, Scott Oakes, Keith Scott, Jake Scott, but that's about it. There may be more. I'd want more potential signings than this.

Ooops...I thought it was only a typo but noticed that I did it twice. Guess I'll learn to spell one of these days
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #996
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

That would be great. It would also be great to be able to filter on player description, like show all with "promising."
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #997
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I just wanted to pass along this tidbit from one of my matches tonight. One of the things I love about this game is how you can set up your strategy all the way down to individual matchups.

So to set things up...I'm currently in League Two with Hinckley and I drew Conf South opponent Hendon in the FA Cup 1st Round.

Knowing that I had a decided advantage over my opponent I had played many of my back-ups or guys that had just come off injury and needed some conditioning. When looking over their lineup before the match I had noticed that were playing a mediocre central defender in 26-yr old Alex Stanley. Alex's only appearance this year was in the Cup, so if you're not even starting for your Conf South team, you know you're bad.

Anyway, up front, I like to play a big striker along with a quick forward type. So when I saw Stanley, I knew I had to single him out in my gameplan.

So what I did was lineup my big striker Drewe Broughton, who is 6'3, 196lbs and rated 18 for strength, 16 for jumping and 15 for heading, against Stanley who is 5'8, 171lbs and is rated 4 for strength, 8 for jumping and 7 for heading. And then along with making sure he was lined up across from Stanley, I made sure that I had set him up as my Target Man as well.

I fell behind 2-0 early when one of my back-up defenders got schooled by a quicker striker. But then I just remained patient and let Broughton do his work. He proceeded to set up the next three goals all from crosses he headed onto teammates who scored to make it 3-2 at the half.

Then in the 2nd half, Broughton ended up bruising one of Stanley's ribs when they both went up for a header and then later in the half at the 75 minute mark Broughton headed a goal in from a cross to make it 4-2. After that goal the Hendon manager finally moved Stanley up to striker so he would haven't to deal with Broughton anymore.

Good stuff.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #998
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Since a buddy of mine got the game, and I'm hoping to play online with him, I finally broke down and bought it! Now, what happened to that MP thread?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #999
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i know it's not a "bug" but why is it that when a player asks for first team football, the day after you get a message saying for example "player x has noticed a far greater willingness from his manager to play him in the first team since his plea."

even when there hasn't been a game. seems like the trigger on this needs to be pushed out a week or two. should be an easy fix no?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #1000
vyshka
Mascot

Anyone playing on a Mac? Have you had issues saving the game? I was playing on my laptop Saturday night, and when I went to save the game before quitting for the night, it kept coming back saying the game could not be saved. The last autosave was 2 weeks prior which isn't that bad, but now I am not sure if I will be able to continue beyond that point.

Usually when you quit w/o saving it will ask if you want to save right? Even though the save failed, it didn't ask if I wanted to save when I quit the game. I hope this game isn't toast as I have got my boys in 3rd in ECS right now.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote