Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #951
JeeberD
General Manager

You're pretty much the only person I know I can trust, Swaggs. If you feel there's a reason to trust RA then you need to let me know what it is...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #952
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Don't trust me. You're right though, that you can trust Swaggs. By process of elmination, he's the only one that is trustable. (Is that a word?)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #953
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I trust Swaggs. I also trust Vince -- if he were not human, he would have no reason to publicly announce the results of Digamma's scan of me last night (which I never detected).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #954
Raiders Army
Coordinator

How do you know Vince is telling the truth?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #955
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

A fair point -- I don't. Assuming, for the sake of the argument, that Vince is the convertee, what's in it for you and him to announce that I am human, though?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #956
Fouts
College Starter

Great analysis Vince. If you are the converted, you have gone a long way to make yourself look innocent. I tend to believe you though. I still think Qwik is the converted, because of his actions and his role pre-conversion.

It is obvious to me that RA was working with Neon, Blade, and Hoops. Whether he was doing so against his will, I don't know. He never indicated that to me. When I came out with my information and was the #1 target for the aliens, he went full force at me. That was his chance to save himself.

For that reason -

I vote Raiders Army
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #957
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
A fair point -- I don't. Assuming, for the sake of the argument, that Vince is the convertee, what's in it for you and him to announce that I am human, though?
Why would you think we're on the same side? Maybe we are, maybe we aren't. I would think that we're on different sides since his analysis pointed towards me being an alien.

What would be in it for him? Your trust. That goes a long ways in this game.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #958
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's true... especially since there's been some speculation that you can be saved. Digamma believed it, and I'm willing to go along with that and gun for the converted one tonight.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #959
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It's weird how much I can make sense when I'm at work. As soon as I get home and get some beers in me, that's when my posts are "out there".
Old 07-29-2005, 03:01 PM   #960
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Going back to the Fouts vs. Neon vote... do we have any reason to believe the aliens would have risked sacrificing Neon in order to get a vote in on the side against him? If we suppose that Qwikshot is not the second conversion, then at the point that the vote was tied 5 - 5, the possibility existed that he would cast a deciding for for Neon. Do we take his vote for Fouts as evidence of being converted, or as an honest mistake that turned out to be very fortuitous for the aliens, allowing them to keep one of their bloc hidden on the opposite side of the ledger?

Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #961
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Going back to the Fouts vs. Neon vote... do we have any reason to believe the aliens would have risked sacrificing Neon in order to get a vote in on the side against him? If we suppose that Qwikshot is not the second conversion, then at the point that the vote was tied 5 - 5, the possibility existed that he would cast a deciding for for Neon. Do we take his vote for Fouts as evidence of being converted, or as an honest mistake that turned out to be very fortuitous for the aliens, allowing them to keep one of their bloc hidden on the opposite side of the ledger?

I can see what you are saying, but are you trying to make it a harder choice? I can understand questioning the obvious choice, but I simply don't see any evidence against anyone else but Qwik. Maybe King, but they killed him.

The alien group played a great game on the boards. I just don't understand some of their choices in the night actions. Hoops was a good convert, but killing peregrine and king didn't make sense.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #962
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd go so far as to say that killing king was a really bad move, because he had two or three different people believing he was converted. Although, digamma probably would have scanned him the night he was killed and found out he was clean -- in that sense, it might make a perverse sort of logic.

I'm not trying to make the decision harder, I'm trying to figure out how much information we can derive from the Fouts vs. Neon vote. The "off Neon" vote yesterday picked up too quickly, but I'll double-check the tally there to see if anything jumps out at me.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #963
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If anybody was wondering about Vince, re-read what happened overnight.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...&postcount=933

Old 07-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #964
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Also... I believe Jeeber was the first to vote for Neon_Chaos. Qwikshot voted for Jeeber (strike 2). Everyone else (aside from Neon, obviously) voted for Neon, so there's not much to derive from that.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #965
Swaggs
Coordinator

Digamma did scan kingfc22 the night before he was killed and sent it to me, much in the same way Vince received his scan last night.

The scan of kingfc22 revealed his role, so that Digamma and I both knew what it was.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #966
Swaggs
Coordinator

The fact that Qwikshot has been in this thread and not replied is very telling to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #967
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
If anybody was wondering about Vince, re-read what happened overnight.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...&postcount=933
That means nothing. While not a probability, it is a possibility that Vince killed digamma and then investigated the smells with Swaggs. Also, there is a possibility that Vince was with Swaggs while the other alien killed digamma.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #968
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yeah, Vince was shaken because he killed Digamma. Not because he was still receiving the psi-amp readout when Digamma was killed.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #969
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm pretty settled on this. I'm going to take a shot at going for the last conversion and give Raiders Army a chance to be cured.

Vote Qwikshot

Old 07-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #970
Swaggs
Coordinator

Jeeber and others, I'm pretty much certain of the following:

Humans:
Vince -- described my experiences with Digamma the past two nights.
Mr. Wednesday -- cleared by Vince's view.
JeeberD -- cleared by me.
Swaggs -- surprised to still be alive (don't understand why they didn't kill me and Digamma, rather than kingfc22 and Digamma).

Alien (ecto-reading):
Raiders Army -- has alien blood. Voting record is erratic.

Questionable:
Fouts -- has been helpful and voted well. Seems to have selfish motives.
Qwikshot -- has acted very erratically the last few days. Had a golden chance to clear himself by identifying what he has seen in kingfc22's room, but has passed on it so far today (even though he has visited).
Old 07-29-2005, 04:06 PM   #971
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vince, can you tell me who all got to see the scan?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #972
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm also curious as to whether or not Mr. Wednesday learned anything knew last night?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #973
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I learned absolutely nothing. I can't say that I slept well (and the commotion about first the air ducts, and then Digamma's death did nothing to help that) but uneventfully. I did not detect the scan by Digamma, and was not fortunate enough to gain any other insight.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #974
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok...sneaking some time in from my uncle's office...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Vince, can you tell me who all got to see the scan?

I'm fairly certain that I was the only one. Digamma performed the Psi-Amp scan, and sent the viewing to me. Sadly, even though we were connected at the time of death, there was only the barrell of a plasma rifle that we could see, so no insight as to who did the killing.

Swaggs, you say JeeberD has been cleared by you -- I don't doubt you in the least, but can you say why? Jeebs is one of four people (Qwik, Fouts, RA and Jeebs) that I don't know about, and I know next to NOTHING about him. Also, thus far all the 'scans' of three people that we've seen have to do with checking whether or not someone is a Chryssalid -- are you sure Jeebs is HUMAN, or that he is just not a Chryssalid?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #975
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Questionable:
Fouts -- has been helpful and voted well. Seems to have selfish motives.
Qwikshot -- has acted very erratically the last few days. Had a golden chance to clear himself by identifying what he has seen in kingfc22's room, but has passed on it so far today (even though he has visited).

Yep, if you define selfish as wanting to live, then you are right. I don't want to die for the "cause". I am no soldier, I am a research technician who wants to return to his family.

While the aliens may hate me, I did what I had to do to survive. If Neon had died instead of CW, we would have won by now with no further human deaths.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #976
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The only thing I know for certain is about Jeebs is that he cast the first vote against Neon yesterday. That's definitely a positive mark in my book.

At this point, it's apparent to me that Digamma was who he had claimed to be, so I believe his statement of what RA is. Since Digamma believed that RA might still be saved, I'm willing to take a chance on leaving him alive while we try to pin down the remaining convert. I'm concerned that it we wait long enough, the convert could turn into a Chryssalid, in which case we'd be back to fighting off additional conversions.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 07-29-2005 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Fix up wording in first sentence, first paragraph
Old 07-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #977
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't know for certain that anyone is innocent, but was given strong indications that JeeberD is last night.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #978
Vince
Pro Starter

I think that's a good explanation for the delay between conversions -- each convert takes a full day to turn into a full-fledged Chryssalid. So while hoopsguy was converted by Neon_Chaos, hoopsguy is the one who converted Fouts or Qwikshot. If the pattern holds true, tonight they'll be able to convert another of us. If the alien who is left has conversion powers, it doesn't matter which of the two we get, just that we don't get a human.

Humans --
Vince
Swaggs
Mr. Wednesday
JeeberD (?)

Not Quite Sure --
Fouts
Qwikshot
Raiders Army
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #979
Vince
Pro Starter

Swaggs -- what's your call right now? Qwikshot or Raiders Army? I'm willing to believe Fouts at this point, and I have about five minutes until I'm out for the rest of the day. If you think I should switch my vote from RA to Qwik, now's the chance to tell me.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #980
Vince
Pro Starter

You know...irrespective of what else has happened, I'm quite sure RA does NOT have the ability to convert people. On top of that, we might be able to save him.

The theory Mr. W thought up about a convert being able to convert more later holds water, so I'm going to switch my vote.

Unvote Raiders Army.
Vote Qwikshot.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #981
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm also very concerned about another Chryssalid being developed.

Right now, there are 7 of us left.

So, we have a 6-1 lead, or 5-2 (if RA is beyond saving). If RA dies today, he will kill one of us. That, in addition to their anticipated kill tonight will probably leave us with a 3-1 lead tomorrow, with an unknown source of ecto still existing. That would give us one chance to lynch the right person or we all lose.

If we could manage to kill the converted today, we could get the ecto count down to one. One of us will get killed tonight, leaving us 4-1 w/ the chance RA could be saved.

This is a tough one. If anyone has any cards left to play, let's play them.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #982
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I'm out for real now guys. Good luck.

*crosses fingers*
Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #983
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote Raiders Army

Like I have a shot at this point...might as well go with the majority.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #984
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wait Vince.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #985
Swaggs
Coordinator

I've been trying to deke Raiders Army, to see if he'd vote against Qwikshot. Fairly obvious he would rather vote for himself than vote against Qwikshot.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #986
Raiders Army
Coordinator

deke me? Are you a wing or a grunt?

Then fuck it.

Unvote me
Vote Qwikshot

Fuck you guys and your paranoia...I'm just ready to leave the game at this point.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #987
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ok, I may be a bit late tonight, but will try to get things up asap.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:46 PM   #988
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Let's roll with this. Come on...bring it.

I have to say that I find it hard to believe that Swaggs, Vince, and Fouts aren't PMing each other. They seem very "in tune".
Old 07-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #989
Raiders Army
Coordinator

BTW, I'm prepared to die tonight. I'll be in NYC tomorrow for most of the day.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #990
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Let's roll with this. Come on...bring it.

I have to say that I find it hard to believe that Swaggs, Vince, and Fouts aren't PMing each other. They seem very "in tune".

We're not. That would be cheating.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #991
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anybody have anything good left?

I still need to figure out who to vote for.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #992
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd really like to see some kind of comment out of Qwikshot. Supposedly, he was reading the thread at one point, but other than that I haven't seen him and there's been nary a word. I'd hate to mistakenly off him just because he hasn't spoken up to defend himself.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #993
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Save me someone!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #994
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, we're missing a few votes here...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #995
Swaggs
Coordinator

Mr. Wednesday, does your role give you anything that could help us?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:35 PM   #996
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't have one. I'm just a grunt. The only insight I have is from what has been posted in the thread.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #997
Fouts
College Starter

Sorry, I can't change my vote from a known alien to a possible alien.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #998
Swaggs
Coordinator

Here's where we are right now by my count:

Vince -- QS (switched from RA)
Mr. Wednesday -- QS
Fouts -- RA
Qwikshot --
Raiders Army -- QS (switched from RA)
JeeberD -- RA
Swaggs --
Old 07-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #999
Swaggs
Coordinator

The two fears I have are that killing Raiders Army will kill one of us and that Qwikshot will become a Chryssalid and be able to convert one of us tonight.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:41 PM   #1000
Fouts
College Starter

I have no knowledge of a converted turning into a converter. Far as I know and have read, it isn't possible in this game. Would SirFozzie do that to us?