Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #951
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think often, the best place for a wolf to hide a vote on another wolf is the first vote on that person. It doesn't put the other wolf in great danger, like a later vote would, and if the wolf gets revealed at some point, the person who put in that first vote can point to it for trust later. Which leads me to taking a closer look at EF.

If it is the case one of them was looking to hide on DV I think one wolf is either MartinD or Autumn and the other (assuming 5) is either EagleFan, The Jackal, J23, or Zinto. Zinto seems the least likely out of the last group because his vote on DV was the 5th, I'd have to look over voting records or anything I'm forgetting that would clear EF, Jackal, or J23.

The only alternative I see is if either JAG or Crimson Fox (or both) gave used the passing the gun and then killing Jeff as a way to gain trust, which I don't think is the case and isn't even worth considering right now.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #952
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'll probably have some suggestions for a scan, but I wouldn't reveal in thread who you're scanning.

This right here.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #953
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Mckerney isn't a bad choice, though it seems like the other wolves would most likely be the two listed wolves left, and we seem to believe his reveal. If we don't end up lynching Autumn, that's certainly a good choice.

After that you'd have to choose between a bunch of us with at least one vote for a wolf - me, EF, Martin, Zinto.

Don't waste the scan on me. I can reveal now that my estranged husband is dead. I am Connie Corleone.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #954
The Jackal
Coordinator

Guess we certainly can't rule out CF or J23 either, neither of them have revealed have they? I know CF was getting trust for saying he had one of the items, and J had votes on Jeff and DV on days 2 and 3.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #955
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That's the most stunning reveal I could've imagined. In that case, I am highly certain that either Zinto or EF is a wolf.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #956
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Guess we certainly can't rule out CF or J23 either, neither of them have revealed have they? I know CF was getting trust for saying he had one of the items, and J had votes on Jeff and DV on days 2 and 3.

I'm still inclined to trust CF for now, though could see a case where he was a wolf. I just don't see how it would be a good move for a wolf to give the gun or canoli to a villager.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #957
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I am seriously stunned by that.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #958
J23
College Benchwarmer

EF, can you reveal the reasons for wanting to vote Jeff and DV now that the seer has been revealed (and not you?). I know you were hesitant before to talk about them.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #959
The Jackal
Coordinator

Why are you so stunned?
Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #960
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good point, J, EF had hinted at being the seer. I think he said he was going to be out for the rest of today though.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #961
The Jackal
Coordinator

Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Having major issues with the site today. Probably my only chance to post with little time and on phone.

I was thinking either bhlloy or mckerney. Autumn may be another to look at when I get a chance, if I get a chance to look over the thread later. Time and site issues are not helping.

vote bhlloy
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #962
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I'm going to think about this a bit.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #963
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I am seriously stunned by that.

Not sure what is so stunning.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #964
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
EF, can you reveal the reasons for wanting to vote Jeff and DV now that the seer has been revealed (and not you?). I know you were hesitant before to talk about them.

Bingo, plus the fact that Jeff turned up the husband, I figured he was Connie and maybe was lucky with DV. With those two roles claimed, setting looks fishy.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #965
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Setting = something. Assuming EF doesn't claim one of the roles someone else today has, I would be interested why he couldn't talk about it.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #966
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm feeling better and better about an EF vote today.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #967
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hopefully he can check in sometime before the deadline.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #968
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
J23 votes DarthVilus (553) 1 [Jeff 1, DarthVilus 1]
J23 unvotes DarthVilus (667) 0
J23 votes DarthVilus (748) 4 [DarthVilus 4, Narcizo 2, Bhlloy 1, Tyketime 1, JAG 1]

I'm going to look back at the votes as well, but off the top of my head, J23's votes would be pretty ballsy for another wolf, right? Both were fairly critical at the time.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #969
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I'm going to look back at the votes as well, but off the top of my head, J23's votes would be pretty ballsy for another wolf, right? Both were fairly critical at the time.

Yeah, he's pretty high on my trust scale. I was mostly thinking out loud about the remaining players, trying to decide/remember why we hadn't discussed some of us in a few days.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #970
mckerney
Coordinator

After looking at voting records, if there was a wolf on DV yesterday it was EagleFan. Jackal put the 3rd vote on DV when every other candidate had 1, J23 put the 4th vote on him when Narcizo had 2 and everyone else 1. I don't think any wolf puts those votes out when they already know they're losing one wolf that day.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #971
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I wouldn't vote EF until I hear from him myself.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #972
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Setting = something. Assuming EF doesn't claim one of the roles someone else today has, I would be interested why he couldn't talk about it.

It would be a really poor wolf play to claim a role that would be refuted by the village whenever that villager got on the game. Maybe you buy yourself one day and there is only a 50% chance of that happening.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #973
mckerney
Coordinator

I may move my vote from Autumn, but it'd be onto either EF or Martin. If people want to vote me that's fine, it seems like a good chance that we get a wolf tomorrow if we go with me today.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #975
mckerney
Coordinator

Is the seer able to use conditional scan targets? If not and we're going to lynch me just make sure I'm up in the lynch votes so bholly can use the scan on someone else.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #976
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
It would be a really poor wolf play to claim a role that would be refuted by the village whenever that villager got on the game. Maybe you buy yourself one day and there is only a 50% chance of that happening.

I Absolutely agree. It just means I'm trying to figure out what EF was doing when pre your reveal I just assumed he was Connie.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #977
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I Absolutely agree. It just means I'm trying to figure out what EF was doing when pre your reveal I just assumed he was Connie.

Fair enough. I was just concerned that I screwed up by revealing by your reaction. I just assumed if Mckerney goes down then there is a decent chance that Bhlloy scaned me since he has stated his mistrust of me many times during the game.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #978
Autumn
Head Coach

Trying to catch up now that I can get in regularly. I'll try and vote before deadline.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #979
J23
College Benchwarmer

I think the last two wolves are between Autumn, MartinD and EF at this point. I'm just hoping to find out some info from EF before I decide where to put my vote for today.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #980
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As for the why jeff question. I thought for certain that mckerney was trying to tell us something when he posted that he would not switch off jeff. I didn't want to come out and say that and get him killed if he was the seer as I thought. Then his floundering Nd reveal blew that theory and make me suspicious of him.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #981
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
As for the why jeff question. I thought for certain that mckerney was trying to tell us something when he posted that he would not switch off jeff. I didn't want to come out and say that and get him killed if he was the seer as I thought. Then his floundering Nd reveal blew that theory and make me suspicious of him.

I think I'd posted that I was willing to switch from Jeff.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #982
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe EF was trying to draw one or both roles out? It still seems like a lame play when the wolves weren't doing that badly.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #983
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the last two wolves are between Autumn, MartinD and EF at this point. I'm just hoping to find out some info from EF before I decide where to put my vote for today.

I have it down to those three on suspects right now.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #984
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Last chance to post before meeting starts. Why would I go from jeff to darth when I did if I was a wolf. Especially with the same assumption as everyone else that jeff was going to be killed by jag?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #985
mckerney
Coordinator

Unvote Autumn
Vote EagleFan

Autumn is my 2nd on my list for who I think is wolves, EF is currently at the top though.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #986
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Last chance to post before meeting starts. Why would I go from jeff to darth when I did if I was a wolf. Especially with the same assumption as everyone else that jeff was going to be killed by jag?

To buy trust by voting out a wolf who wasn't being particularly helpful, is the counter to that statement. We're all pretty sure at least one wolf was on Darth to gain trust, and day 3 is your only wolf voting thus far, as opposed to a bunch of us who voted for wolves day 2 and 3. Tough spot for the wolves having so many villagers be on the ball this game.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #987
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If EF is a villager, then this misunderstanding ending up allowing us to catch two wolves is hilarious. I have to admit I think this would be a pretty bad and/or desperate play for a wolf, so I'm going back to Autumn for the first time.

Vote Autumn
Old 03-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #988
mckerney
Coordinator

Unvote EagleFan
Vote Autumn

Or if people want to go this way instead I'm fine with it.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #989
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would think one of Martin, EF, or Autumn would give you the best chance of scanning a wolf bhlloy, as others have suggested.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #990
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't have time to post much, I've tried to read in a hurry. It seems the reveals are coming out so I'll reveal that I'm Phillip Tattaglia, so a vote here is a bad idea for two reasons. I'm not sure who's left who hasn't revealed, but clearly it's time to just put the cards on the table and find the last two.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #991
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll hear what Autumn has to say before placing my vote, I wouldn't mind seeing any of these three's allegiances.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #992
The Jackal
Coordinator

You would reveal as a role that gets two people killed! Smart reveal, whether it's true or not.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #993
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

This is what I now have:

Mckerney 3 -- MartinD (880), Narcizo (905), EF (974)
Autumn 4 -- CrimsonFox (884), Tyketime (929), JAG (987), Mckerney (988)
EF 0
Bhlloy 0

Not voted: TheJackal, Autumn, Bhlloy, Zinto, J23
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #994
bhlloy
Coordinator

CF is not cleared right now in my book. He really only has the one good vote, although it is a very good one on Jeff to tie him back up with Sal on Day 1. If Autumn were to turn up wolf that would make that vote look a little worse in my book, as the wolves would know they had at least one vote in their back pocket to save Jeff if things went badly. Either way it's a critical vote and would be a very ballsy move for a wolf to make.

I actually thought CF was the one playing most like a wolf in the early part of the game and we were pretty close to lynching him at one point for missing day 1, but the vote went the other way and he really hasn't been in the conversation since. Some of this might be personal because he led the charge against me, but I think his logic has been a bit all over the place TBH. But that doesn't make him a wolf of course, and that Day 2 vote does look very very good.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #995
The Jackal
Coordinator

CF also admitted to having and passing one of the items, bh, which seemed like a dumb move for a wolf at the time. But could've been another trust buying exercise, since chances were the person with the gun/canoli was going to kill a good guy anyways (but JAG handled that well).
Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #996
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I know, it's the kind of role you hate to have if you're forced to reveal. I actually was going to reveal this morning to start narrowing down the vote but just couldn't get on.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #997
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That was why I voted Autumn actually. That would be the role I would expect a wolf to reveal as since a villager that comes forward to challenge it gives the wolves a bonus kill. But I agree, it looks like we've entered reveal-land and there's basically almost nowhere left to hide.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #998
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure where to vote, I haven't had time to update my spreadsheet. I don't see voting McKerney though when he's revealed as a neutral role. We have two wolves still hiding out, who hasn't revealed?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #999
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For CF, Lathum voted him up to 6 when Jeff was in the running, so that looks a bit better for him.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #1000
bhlloy
Coordinator

I don't like McKerney as a wolf at all. But Autumn's reveal is a very good one as well. Ugh, not a great situation. I'd really like to see the vote swing back to EF here. McKerney doesn't answer any questions assuming he's on the level about his role and it's a bad play at this point IMO.

Vote EF
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote