Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #951
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola .. The video

I really hate Downie so this made me happy even though it was malacious as hell, it was a taste of his own medicine.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #952
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

After Detox's video, video #1 of the extra's available, Steve Downie punches Jason Blake, whose arms are being held by the ref, in the face.

I'm going to guess this didn't make it into the 07-08 NHL thread.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #953
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
After Detox's video, video #1 of the extra's available, Steve Downie punches Jason Blake, whose arms are being held by the ref, in the face.

I'm going to guess this didn't make it into the 07-08 NHL thread.

It did. I remember discussing it last year. Again...deflect the blame from Crosby.

You can't tell me if a Flyers player did what Crosby did, he wouldn't be suspended. Crosby wasn't suspended because who he is. Why can't you and the rest of Pittsburgh admit that?

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 12-23-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #954
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
It did. I remember discussing it last year. Again...deflect the blame from Crosby.

You can't tell me if a Flyers player did what Crosby did, he wouldn't be suspended. Crosby wasn't suspended because who he is. Why can't you and the rest of Pittsburgh admit that?

I said above, or prior page, he was wrong.

Was Downie suspended for punching Blake?

And a quick search didn't turn up anything about Downie punching Blake. The only Downie discussion from last season was him skating away from Ruutu mid-fight, and Laraque putting him into the boards head first. Not that I am testing you

You think if that was Gagne, he'd be suspended?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #955
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I said above, or prior page, he was wrong.

Was Downie suspended for punching Blake?

And a quick search didn't turn up anything about Downie punching Blake. The only Downie discussion from last season was him skating away from Ruutu mid-fight, and Laraque putting him into the boards head first. Not that I am testing you

You think if that was Gagne, he'd be suspended?

Dowine was suspended so many times that I forget. He deserved it all. And Crosby deserves to be suspended for what he did, no matter what you say. He punch a guy that was being held by his own player...not once but twice. It's just a double standard. But you also defended George Laraque for slide tacking someone so I should know better.

The only way Gagne would hit someone is if he hit him with his purse.

Another day another pens loss...yawn. Sinking faster than the Titanic...luckily you had the War Room on your side last night or you'd have another loss.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #956
DeToxRox
Head Coach

C'mon, can we keep the AHL teams out of this NHL thread?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #957
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Sak, did you see the 3rd period?

I am trying to find video of one sequence. TB on a 4min PP. Malkin on the PK dumped the puck, skated in after it. TB moves it up ice, Mike Smith for no reason, throws out his stick and hooks Malkin. The ref is literally about 6 feet away, looks at them, and skates up ice. HIL-FUCKING-ARIOUS!

I've seen in the NFL where the director of officiating will come out afterwards and give his interpretation of a call. Just once I'd love Steve Walkom to come out and be questioned on some of these plays.

Quote:
The only way Gagne would hit someone is if he hit him with his purse.

Isn't that grounds for getting stripped of the orange and black? I thought you had to beat up old man Clarke just to get signed.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #958
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I didnt see the 3rd period, I was leaving Piper's Pub in the South Side at the time.

Was it just me or was Malone and Malkin getting a bit chippy with each other?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #959
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I liked this little column about the Crosby low blows.

Again, just to reset the scene: The biggest star in the National Hockey League was caught on video going Jack Dempsey on another player's groin ... from behind. I know it's not a fashion magazine intern making a sex joke in the locker room, but doesn't Crosby's behavior affect the image of the game (and that of its poster boy) in some negative way? Even a little bit?

Please don't read this as anti-Crosby. I think this incident is actually the kind of thing that the NHL needs from the kid, who works better as a heel than he does as a hero. (I've made the comparison before, and once more with feeling: Crosby as a fan-favorite is like The Rock when he was Rocky Maivia; Crosby as the whiney, quasi-cheater is like The Rock as The Rock -- immensely more compelling and charismatic. Avery's rant about needing villains? No one works better than Crosby.)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #960
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didnt see the 3rd period, I was leaving Piper's Pub in the South Side at the time.

Was it just me or was Malone and Malkin getting a bit chippy with each other?

They were, to the point the yinzers came out, and Malone got some booing.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #961
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I liked this little column about the Crosby low blows.

Again, just to reset the scene: The biggest star in the National Hockey League was caught on video going Jack Dempsey on another player's groin ... from behind. I know it's not a fashion magazine intern making a sex joke in the locker room, but doesn't Crosby's behavior affect the image of the game (and that of its poster boy) in some negative way? Even a little bit?

Please don't read this as anti-Crosby. I think this incident is actually the kind of thing that the NHL needs from the kid, who works better as a heel than he does as a hero. (I've made the comparison before, and once more with feeling: Crosby as a fan-favorite is like The Rock when he was Rocky Maivia; Crosby as the whiney, quasi-cheater is like The Rock as The Rock -- immensely more compelling and charismatic. Avery's rant about needing villains? No one works better than Crosby.)

Maybe this guy is on to something. Crosby only has 4 years remaining on the deal after this season. Never too early to start laying the groundwork to go to Philly.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #962
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pavel Datsyuk had his 18th 2 goal game in a row without a hat trick tonight vs the Blues.

He needs 20 more to pass Sykoras 38 games that he broke earlier this month.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #963
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe this guy is on to something. Crosby only has 4 years remaining on the deal after this season. Never too early to start laying the groundwork to go to Philly.

Nah he'll just follow his buddy Hossa to Detroit.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #964
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Avs win last night in OT, but suffer another big injury - Paul Stastny had his arm broken by a shot and will be out indefinitely.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #965
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Avs win last night in OT, but suffer another big injury - Paul Stastny had his arm broken by a shot and will be out indefinitely.

Have the Avs been at all healthy over the last 2-3 years? It's unbelievable the number of injuries they have suffered. Granted, Sakic is old and Forsberg's natural state is being injured, but it runs much deeper than that. It's too bad.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #966
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pavel Datsyuk had his 18th 2 goal game in a row without a hat trick tonight vs the Blues.

You know, based on this season, I have started to come around to the belief that Datsyuk could, in fact, be a better all around player than Zetterberg. It's like choosing between 1 and 1.000001, but Datsyuk does more defensively and generates a lot more offense. Granted, Datsyuk has been playing with better wingers (Hossa and Homer) than Hank (Franzen and Samuelsson), but still, it's really Datsyuk, more often than not, who is the catalyst for the offense.

A great play by Hossa last night on Datsyuk's shorthanded goal. He flies into the zone, crushes Woywitka, sending him flying, he races over to the far boards, fights off two Blues to get the puck back, centers it to Datsyuk who is right in front of the net. Datsyuk dekes the hell out of poor Woywitka and then beats Legace cleanly. Hossa has provided me a number of shout out loud with amazement moments this year. It's pretty rare to have those during the regular season, but the man delivers.

While I typically catch most, if not all, of every game, I really have made an effort to do so this year. The Wings are not going to be quite this talented again for a while and I really want to enjoy it. While there are simply no guarantees about what will happen in the playoffs, especially with San Jose and Boston playing as well as they are, it's still a treat.

It's just too bad that the rest of "Hockeytown" isn't aware of this team. The Wings are very, very rarely discussed on sports talk radio. The vast majority of the time is spent on the poopy Lions and the rest is basically split among the Pistons/Tigers/UofM/MSU.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #967
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Am I the only one who thinks the Crosby thing was just an accident and not a big deal?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #968
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Sak, did you see the 3rd period?

I am trying to find video of one sequence. TB on a 4min PP. Malkin on the PK dumped the puck, skated in after it. TB moves it up ice, Mike Smith for no reason, throws out his stick and hooks Malkin. The ref is literally about 6 feet away, looks at them, and skates up ice. HIL-FUCKING-ARIOUS!
I wouldn't say that Smith did it "for no reason." Smith was waiting in the trapezoid for the puck to roll to him, and Malkin's stick got caught between Smith's pads or something. Smith ended up falling flat on his face. Now, I'm not saying that Malkin did anything wrong - he may have just been going for the puck before Smith could touch it - but Smith would've had a case if he was saying that Malkin tripped him.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #969
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Crosby thing was just an accident and not a big deal?

No. I agree. I really don't think he was really trying to nut punch the guy. He was just sort of ineffectually swinging away.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #970
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
You know, based on this season, I have started to come around to the belief that Datsyuk could, in fact, be a better all around player than Zetterberg. It's like choosing between 1 and 1.000001, but Datsyuk does more defensively and generates a lot more offense. Granted, Datsyuk has been playing with better wingers (Hossa and Homer) than Hank (Franzen and Samuelsson), but still, it's really Datsyuk, more often than not, who is the catalyst for the offense.

A great play by Hossa last night on Datsyuk's shorthanded goal. He flies into the zone, crushes Woywitka, sending him flying, he races over to the far boards, fights off two Blues to get the puck back, centers it to Datsyuk who is right in front of the net. Datsyuk dekes the hell out of poor Woywitka and then beats Legace cleanly. Hossa has provided me a number of shout out loud with amazement moments this year. It's pretty rare to have those during the regular season, but the man delivers.

While I typically catch most, if not all, of every game, I really have made an effort to do so this year. The Wings are not going to be quite this talented again for a while and I really want to enjoy it. While there are simply no guarantees about what will happen in the playoffs, especially with San Jose and Boston playing as well as they are, it's still a treat.

It's just too bad that the rest of "Hockeytown" isn't aware of this team. The Wings are very, very rarely discussed on sports talk radio. The vast majority of the time is spent on the poopy Lions and the rest is basically split among the Pistons/Tigers/UofM/MSU.

Agreed, HB.

Dats, imo, changes games more then Z. Z is amazing, but Dats is probably the best two way player in the NHL. His defense is on another level. It's like he every shift he is good for a take away, and once he has the puck on his stuck, he can take it coast to coast at any time if he really wanted.

It's very, very close, but I give the edge to Dats.

Plus, he isn't as injury prone as Z, which still scares me with how his back can get.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #971
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Go back to masterbating to Wyndelle Clarke.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #972
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
No. I agree. I really don't think he was really trying to nut punch the guy. He was just sort of ineffectually swinging away.

I don't know man, he was really dropping his hand low and digging.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #973
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

No you're not, I totally agree.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #974
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

That second goal he had was sweet!

I can't stand the Redwings, but I do like to watch them play.

Blues are just too battered and injured to do much this season...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #975
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I wouldn't say that Smith did it "for no reason." Smith was waiting in the trapezoid for the puck to roll to him, and Malkin's stick got caught between Smith's pads or something. Smith ended up falling flat on his face. Now, I'm not saying that Malkin did anything wrong - he may have just been going for the puck before Smith could touch it - but Smith would've had a case if he was saying that Malkin tripped him.

Do you agree though it was absolutely absurd there was no call against Smith? I don't care that it was 40 feet from the puck, there is no reason that shouldn't have been called. If that is not a hook, then the call should just be tossed from the rulebook. I felt like it was 1998 all over again.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #976
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I don't know man, he was really dropping his hand low and digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
No you're not, I totally agree.

Does everyone agree that is anyone else from Pittsburgh, it's not even a story? Everyone but Dr Sak that is.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #977
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Does everyone agree that is anyone else from Pittsburgh, it's not even a story? Everyone but Dr Sak that is.

Nah...if Malkin did it too. That's what you get for having the "savior" of hockey on your team.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #978
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nah...if Malkin did it too. That's what you get for having the "savior" of hockey on your team.

No way, Malkin would be praised for "playing with passion". At least that's how it would work for Ovechkin, so I figure it's the same for all Russians.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #979
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

No Sakic, no Stastny....so, uh, how much from Pittsburgh for Hejduk?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #980
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Heart-wrenching post on Down Goes Brown today.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #981
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Do you agree though it was absolutely absurd there was no call against Smith? I don't care that it was 40 feet from the puck, there is no reason that shouldn't have been called. If that is not a hook, then the call should just be tossed from the rulebook. I felt like it was 1998 all over again.
If you call a hook on Smith there, you have to call a trip on Malkin beforehand.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #982
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Go back to masterbating to Wyndelle Clarke.
Would you please learn to spell the greatest thing in the history of the universe, and also "Wendel Clark"?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #983
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Pens eek one out, 1-0 vs the Devils.

Fleury with a few quality saves, including the one in the link below, about 2:30 in. And Mark Eaton's kick save at the goalline, about 3:00 in.

Jamie Langenbrunner had probably 4-5 great chances, but was snake bitten all night.

NHL Network Online
Old 12-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #984
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Heart-wrenching post on Down Goes Brown today.
The way this season is going, puppy-immolation will be considered "feel good" writing pretty soon.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #985
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Another exciting call-up for Sabres fans as fomer Michigan State standout Tim Kennedy will be making his NHL debut tonight in his hometown of Buffalo against the Isles.

Kennedy is leading AHL rookies in assists and will hopefully be put on a scoring line right away. I'm excited to see him play.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #986
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
No Sakic, no Stastny....so, uh, how much from Pittsburgh for Hejduk?

won't happen. NTC AND his cap figure is quite favorable.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #987
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

WOO HOO!!!

Beat the best team in the league.. well, shootout and all!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #988
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and the Avs beat the Wings again in a really exciting game (and one Detroit really should have won).

I had to endure the homer act of Ken Daniels and Larry Murphy all night. Once the game went to OT, both guys started going on and on about how the Avs needed to press in OT to avoid going to a shootout. Nice research, guys: the Avs are now 7-1 in shootouts on the year and have won something like 11 of their last 12.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #989
samifan24
Pro Starter

This just in: the Bruins are good. Seven in a row! Blake Wheeler for the Calder!
Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #990
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes.. the Bruins are good...
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #991
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Thought this was a nice little article on ESPN today..

ESPN - Gene Wojciechowski: Blackhawks offer hope

Very excited for Thursday's game. Can't say I have ever said that before about hockey.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #992
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Thought this was a nice little article on ESPN today..

ESPN - Gene Wojciechowski: Blackhawks offer hope

Very excited for Thursday's game. Can't say I have ever said that before about hockey.

Well, if tonight's game is any indication of what we'll see Thursday, the Winter Classic should deliver the goods. The Wings won, 4-0, but the game was much closer, with the Blackhawks dominating at certain points of the game. The game was pretty chippy and both teams were really playing well.

Should be a good one.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #993
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Just curious if anyone else would like to see this.

In the NFL, you often see the director of officiating coming out Monday or Tuesday after games ruling on a call.

Why don't we see this more often in the NHL? I guess the volume of games/calls would be higher, but you rarely see or hear of any disciplinary action in the NHL (vs, for example, this year, Ed Hochuli in SD vs DEN).

Pens-Bruins tonight, Boston 8 PP, Pittsburgh 3. Maybe that is sour grapes, but some absolutely insane calls.

In the 1st pd, Malkin trips behind the play and is called for hooking. Replays show his stick never leaves the ice! Then in the 2nd, Malkin drops a pass back to the blueline, Boston player finishes his check on Malkin while skating towards the blueline-- interference Malkin.

Bruins had their sticks in the Pens hands all night. And it went both ways. Phil Kessel with a breakaway in the 3rd, Alex Goligoski hooks him from the blueline in...ref watching the whole thing. Kessel gets a shot off, Fleury makes the save...then the refs hand goes up.

I know the league likes to protect the officials from criticism, but at what point should they have to answer for blatantly missed calls?

By the way, those calls didn't lose the game for the Pens, the Pens lost the game for the Pens.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #994
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Dola

PING Dr Sak

Gagne hurt first shift of the game in Vancouver? How bad?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #995
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pens-Bruins tonight, Boston 8 PP, Pittsburgh 3. Maybe that is sour grapes, but some absolutely insane calls.

By the way, those calls didn't lose the game for the Pens, the Pens lost the game for the Pens.

It was a good game for the first two periods. The Bruins had a lot of power plays but the only call I didn't understand was the Malkin interference penalty (which was not shown on replay on NESN) because it seemed like incidental contact. I thought the hook on Kessel might be a penalty shot but then thought they weren't calling anything so that was confusing. I didn't really notice the refs against Pittsburgh all night but I'm a Bruins fan. But you're right that the Pens played poorly and Boston made the most of its chances.

Last edited by samifan24 : 12-30-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: clarification
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #996
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

I have season's tickets for the Sabres but due to a newborn baby, tonight was only the third game I've been able to get to this year.

I should have stayed home. What a disgraceful performance by Buffalo. They should be ashamed of themselves...people pay good money to see crap like that?

Hell, they were so outclassed that Ovechkin, ALL GAME, just camped out at the opposing blueline, just DARING the Sabres not to keep a defenseman back with him. I've seen 'cherry picking' before but this just seemed almost like Bruce Boudreau knew his team could handle the Sabres even if outmanned in their zone and just feed a breakaway pass to Ovy.

The Sabres better as hell take that as a slap in the face...Lindy Ruff should make them skate 'Herb Brooks' style for two hours after the game and needless to say, the 4-2 scoreline flatters Buffalo immensely.

Infuriating but boy oh boy is there something missing in Buffalo right now. They are the definition of mediocre.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #997
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
I have season's tickets for the Sabres but due to a newborn baby, tonight was only the third game I've been able to get to this year.

I should have stayed home. What a disgraceful performance by Buffalo. They should be ashamed of themselves...people pay good money to see crap like that?

Hell, they were so outclassed that Ovechkin, ALL GAME, just camped out at the opposing blueline, just DARING the Sabres not to keep a defenseman back with him. I've seen 'cherry picking' before but this just seemed almost like Bruce Boudreau knew his team could handle the Sabres even if outmanned in their zone and just feed a breakaway pass to Ovy.

The Sabres better as hell take that as a slap in the face...Lindy Ruff should make them skate 'Herb Brooks' style for two hours after the game and needless to say, the 4-2 scoreline flatters Buffalo immensely.

Infuriating but boy oh boy is there something missing in Buffalo right now. They are the definition of mediocre.

I just don't understand this team for the last year or two. They keep doing the same thing over and over. They don't seem to take the man when they are on defense, instead of watching the puck. They get too fancy. Just get in front of the net and shoot. No passion either.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-30-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #998
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Just curious if anyone else would like to see this.
In the NFL, you often see the director of officiating coming out Monday or Tuesday after games ruling on a call. Why don't we see this more often in the NHL?
THe NHL should absolutely do this. The NFL admits when the officials make a mistake, and that means they have credibility when they stand by a ruling. The NHL always, always claims they got it right, so nobody listens.

It's all about the integrity of the game. But in an era where the standings don't even make sense, we can't ask too much.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #999
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

A recent NHL call-up of note, at least personally speaking, is the Colorado Avalanche calling up Chris Durno. He started his pro career with our local ECHL team (Gwinnett Gladiators) during their first season here.

Colorado Avalanche - Team: Chris Durno Official Player Page

Last edited by Tekneek : 12-31-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #1000
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
THe NHL should absolutely do this. The NFL admits when the officials make a mistake, and that means they have credibility when they stand by a ruling. The NHL always, always claims they got it right, so nobody listens.

It's all about the integrity of the game. But in an era where the standings don't even make sense, we can't ask too much.

Just because 24 of the 30s teams are at or above .500 doesn't mean the standings don't make sense.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote